Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

Oh uh, what are some must have mods? Not cheaty, utility I mean.

I run Aslain's mod pack. Very customizable with a lot of options. First time set up takes a while but comes with a nifty preview feature that you have to enable at the start of installation:

http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/13-091701-aslains-xvm-mod-modpack-installer-wpicture-sound-preview/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I don't think it was posted here, but their t9 light is in testing too - https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2017/01/13/supertest-wz-132a-complete-stats-armor-pics/

.4 accuracy is kinda butt, but you get 320 alpha, 2567 dpm, 215 pen and great mobility.

What a great looking tank. Time to buy my WZ-132 back and do some grinding.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Mr.48 posted:

Isn't the tank trash though?

It was when it first came out but got buffed decently last May-ish. Here's one of a bunch of replays you can find around- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ij4xpKNTPyY

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

That's not exactly a match I would call representative of a tank's overall performance.
Also: Fourty. Two. Rounds. Of. Heat. That's what, 170 grand in premium rounds in a match where he's top-tier? :stare:

And what did they buff? 180 ap pen with a 250 pen HEAT round seems a little lackluster for tier 8...the depression, turret armor, and mobility seem to be good, though.

yeah, not the best example but there are a lot of replays showing what the tank can do now. That gun handling looks great. My point is, calling it "megatrash" is Hellsau hyperbole.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Hellsau posted:

I wasn't aware it got so much buffed. It was definitely megatrash for the first year it existed since it had horrible turret armor and damage output and wasn't particularly mobile.

Fair enough. Isn't fast but decently nimble and i love my hill fighters, especially with sweet gun handling.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Tindahbawx posted:

You guys have a Discord for this game?

Got tired of War Thunder Tanks, figured I may as well give this a blast again.

https://discord.gg/hbyq6DH

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Azhais posted:

Are either of those good (as in more worth it than the 50t or t34) for credit making?

They're both good although I prefer the Trump because it fits my style better, the e5 is basically a heavy pershing. The Liberte is heavily armored in the front although the cupola is conspicuously weak. The e5 will bully the poo poo out of same tier tanks and 9 mediums- the strong turret allows it to murder people while hull down. They both also supposedly have boosted credit making and it seems that it does although I can't cite any official sources.

I love my T26e5 and can't recommend it strongly enough.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

Good info, I guess. I've followed this a few times before only to watch guys run full speed around a corner the other team is known to reach by the time you're there and after they get hit the team splinters to find some way around the other's rear end and just get plowed by artillery.

I got to the KV-2 tonight and derped that bitch, and holy gently caress is it fun blasting people...no one wants to support though so soon enough I'm in a no escape spot. The only one I survived was teaming up with a KTiger and steam rolling the place together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dOQV-qWKtyI

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Hellsau posted:

Literally never go east or south on Westfield. If you want to play the south part of city, fine, go for it. E0 and the corresponding camping spots for the south spawn are totally useless garbage which you should avoid at all costs. If your team loses the northwestern plateau, you are totally stuck if you were camping the east/south - you can't realistically expect to shoot anything without getting spotted, and if you get lit five tanks are going to shoot you from across the way without getting spotted. You also have no realistic expectation of protecting your artillery unless it's extremely fast like an M53 or Bat arti and can manage to run to K0 in time. Anywhere else it's either going to be badly separated into a place you can't help it, or it'll be spotted immediately when it fires.

If you've got good gun depression there are a lot of places to sneak a shot into the enemy on the northern hills. If you can brawl there's a couple brawl lanes in the north or you can just go into the city and work your way through what they have there and then one-by-one through the enemy TD campers then around the rest of the enemy. If you are thin with bad gun depression you can just skirt around the city looking for distracted tanks, or try to outspot the enemy campers and take them down, or you can shoot across and try to keep your dipshits in the east/south alive.

Going east or south simply dooms you to inaction if your team doesn't win the northwest, and if they win the northwest then what the gently caress did you accomplish on the other side? The map is such that if your team wins the east/south and the other team wins the northwest, you cannot cap because the enemy can just drive to the edge and shoot down into you, and trying to hide behind those buildings works fine to delay the enemy five seconds but then they just rotate around the edge and shoot you from a better angle, and if the enemy artillery isn't poo poo they'll have climbed up the 1 line/A line as their team won the uphill area to get better shots and to protect themselves, and if there is an artillery capping is suicide.

Also, the map's name is Westfield. That's a hint - go to the "west field".

Not always. If you're in a medium/light and get someone stealthy to spot from the town down slope you can dominate the east, get to arty and force west tanks to turn around. Your "if the enemy artillery isn't poo poo" is rather hilarious, they always get caught out camping their base when this succeeds.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Atomizer posted:

I know Hellsau mostly covered this. I just want to clarify that the reason the SE area is useless on Westfield is because it's isolated from the rest of the map so you can neither support the main brawl in the NW nor can the rest of your team support you in the far SE corner. Also, I often take a mobile tank to the center there like he did, because you can either: maneuver to support the NW corner, snipe the tards in the SE, or engage whoever comes to the buildings, so it's a flexible position. It does depend on the specific vehicle and the lineup though. The T-34/100 is kind of mediocre, with decent mobility and gun stats hampered by poor gun handling. It's not as bad as the T-34-1 or A-44, but in general I played the T-34/100 either as a close-range harasser or as a medium-range sniper, since it can't sit there and try to trade shots with anything.

Again, no.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Mr.48 posted:

Thats... a lot of premiums. I would like to hear your thoughts on the T26E5 versus the AMX M4 mle 49. I'd like to buy one of them to grind credits, and would like something with decent armor for a change and less stress (I already have plenty of unarmored premiums like the Skorpion G and FCM 50t). Specifically I'm wondering how easy is it in practice to hide your hull in the T26E5, since its not so well armored versus how much the AMX M4 mle 49 suffers from the weak commander's cupola?

Also, there is the question of ammunition: On the one hand the American's ammo is 3 times better in terms of credit/damage value, but its an APCR shell so it gets less normalization and may bounce more often than the French shell which is less cost effective but should penetrate more often thanks to being an AP shell at the same nominal penetration value.

Which do you prefer overall and why?

Hey 48, it's VegasRon(now OrganicMechanic), get on discord and play with Smith and myself. The E5 owns, buy it.

HFX posted:

I keep looking at the T-44-100, but it just seems overpriced. At $54.99 it is only a $1.00 cheaper than the Patriot. It is $15.00 Mutz. It is almost $15.00 over the T-54 First Proto. I have a hard time believing it is just that much better than other mediums to justify the cost of a Patriot.

Is it somehow just a lot better than what I'm seeing (and it does have several attractive features, just not sure about that price).

Finally, I thought Wargaming was going to start doing reduced prices if you had one version of a tank and wanted to get the re skinned version. It seems like the Patriot and Liberte are left out there.

MariusLecter posted:

Despite my enthusiasm in my last post about the T-44-100, I am hesitant cause of it's price tag along with HFX.

Also, there's a grinding mission for it?

The mission to earn it is gone, so now it's just a rare tank. It's good, fyi.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Mr.48 posted:

Hey dude! Unfortunately I'm still stuck in Germany for the foreseeable future, so I play really odd hours relative to most people on the Eastern server (and playing pubs solo is loving miserable, let me tell ya). What time are you guys usually on?

Also re: T26E5, if I understand correctly its the better credit-maker, but is squishier than the Liberte?

Smith is on normal EST hours, my schedule is nuts but I'll be on up to 2-3am PST this coming week. And around all day today and tomorrow.

The e5 is squishier but not squishy, i have a few SWs already. It's a beast.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

ROFLburger posted:

Seems like british mediums like the Centurion aren't that popular. Do they suck?

Great guns/elevation, average platforms although the speed buff they're all about to get has me excited for the Cent AX

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

^^ nah, Ensk owns too

ROFLburger posted:

Has anyone ever had a match on Prokhorovka and actually enjoyed it?

One of the better maps in the game if you play it correctly. In fact, one of the few maps you can lead a team of pubbies to a win.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Ensk, like any city map(except Paris, maybe) is good. Dummies.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Speaking of tigers, the japanese tiger is really disappointing.

Maybe one day we'll get this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VS1y0EX_0U

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

BadLlama posted:

Console version of tanks really goes all out with releasing lovely tanks as premium tanks

https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/store/british-bulldog-churchill-vii/

When I think of tech tree tanks I want to see as premium, the last one on my mind would be a god drat Churchill VII

Alternatively, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VS1y0EX_0U

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Atomizer posted:

As a Type 59-haver let me tell you: it's not that great (particularly anymore.) The FCM50 is a better pref 8, at least for my playstyle.

The Type-59 is still the best tier 8 medium and a very strong tank overall.

Desuwa posted:

Even by WG standards the 252U is absurd.

The powercreep with these t8 premiums is just unbearable. I bitched about the IS-3A because it was basically a second IS-3 but then the M4 49, Patriot, and now the 252U make it look significantly behind the curve.

I don't even like playing my IS-6 much now that I've come back for a weekend because patriots are very common and they just shred it. At least WG is making is easier to quit again.

WG did away with pref-MM tanks so they had to make new Tier 8 premiums stronger and have been buffing the poo poo out of the older tier 8 non-prefs to make them more competitive in higher tier matches. This development has actually been one of the better things WG has done over the last few years.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Michaellaneous posted:

Yes but with all the powercreep, the Type59 is not even close to what it was before.

This is like my new siren call. And not true at all, unless you're going back to when the type saw tier 5s.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Prav posted:

what. the T54E1 is crazy good.

The e50, Patton and T-54 poo poo all over it. So does the Skoda T-50. Possibly the WZ-120. I'd rank it even with the Type 61. It's a good tank, just not the best 9 med by a long shot.

e: oh yeah, AMX 30 proto is really good, too

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 00:56 on Feb 26, 2017

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Fat Jesus posted:

yeah, I'm playing it at the moment and it's ok, you really have to load gold with it, it's just a bit too big, bigger than most HT's, and the accuracy is poo poo. I can snapshot with anything but this tank for some reason. I had it and the patton both unlocked and decide to grind this and yeah, regrets but it can be fun at times.

When I finished my grind in it, there was a half off premium ammo sale and I shot all gold erry day. It's a good tank, has some pen issues but just happens to be competing with the best tier/tank class (tier 9 meds) cross section in the game.

warcrimes fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Feb 26, 2017

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

SocketWrench posted:

But you got circled by a couple. this dude got circled by one Super Pershing, 1, not couple, 1, singular. It's one of the slowest, under powered tanks in the game and it went completely unharmed in a perfect circle over and over, the only time it fired was as it passed the rear end end

Underpowered? Lmao

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Redeye Flight posted:

I don't care if it's a joke, I will not play in a clan with CUCK anywhere in the name. I'm perfectly fine with PANSY.

hitting too close to home?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Redeye Flight posted:

I don't want to use or validate in any way any phrasing or other bullshit that's come out of the "alt-right". I especially don't want to cringe at my own clan name every time I log on.

If we have to change the clan name and we can get away with 2G1K I'd be fine with that. That's funny.

LMAO

ah, okay, so I was correct

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

ROFLburger posted:

ok, thanks

also drat, this tanks.gg site rules

The T44-100 is really good.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Bulky Bartokomous posted:

I used to get made fun of for running it when I first started.

Because it was a poo poo tank until recently buffed.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I got this after Mountain Pass yesterday:

quote:

Beirut (3/14/2017 4:04:40 PM) Listen there
Beirut (3/14/2017 4:04:46 PM) I have contacted war gaming customer support
Beirut (3/14/2017 4:04:52 PM) regarding your accounts
Beirut (3/14/2017 4:05:05 PM) I do think it is important that they check your account for banned illicit mods
Beirut_ (3/14/2017 4:05:14 PM) and for game rules violations
Beirut_ (3/14/2017 4:05:36 PM) I strongly advise you that you make yourself aware of the fair game policy

AgentSmith got this:

quote:

Beirut (6:52:28 PM) How did you manage
Beirut (6:52:32 PM) to hit every single shell
Beirut (6:52:38 PM) this is abs ridiculous
Beirut (6:52:52 PM) I will contact war gaming and make sure u get investigated for banned illicit mods
Beirut_ (6:53:01 PM) its simply not fair on the rest of us
AgentSmithx2 (6:53:14 PM) LOL
Beirut (6:53:22 PM) You need to be aware
AgentSmithx2 (6:53:26 PM) its called i know how to play baddie
Beirut (6:53:28 PM) of the fair game policy
AgentSmithx2 (6:53:32 PM) LOL
AgentSmithx2 (6:53:35 PM) this is loving gold
Beirut (6:53:36 PM) I will push a case against you
AgentSmithx2 (6:53:38 PM) do it
Beirut (6:53:48 PM) I do think also
AgentSmithx2 (6:53:50 PM) this should be on reddit
Beirut (6:53:52 PM) you are running aim botting
AgentSmithx2 (6:53:55 PM) you are that loving stupid
Beirut (6:54:02 PM) what a brain washed human being
AgentSmithx2 (6:54:05 PM) also LOL 0 damage
Beirut (6:54:06 PM) or whats left out of you
Beirut (6:54:21 PM) I will report you for misconduct
AgentSmithx2 (6:54:27 PM) you are literally too stupid to live, so i suggest you hang yourself
Beirut (6:54:43 PM) I leave that
Beirut_ (6:54:44 PM) to you
AgentSmithx2 (6:54:46 PM) fyi, client side "hacks" like aimbots dont work. all this is server side
Beirut (6:54:49 PM) you deserve it
Beirut (6:55:03 PM) I will make sure war gaming gets a copy of this msg
Beirut (6:55:06 PM) hold on
its the e100 that did 0 dmg on mountain pass

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Lynneth posted:

Should I get the FCM 50 t or the 252U? Is the latter good enough to offset the FCM's preferred MM and relative lack of armour?

They play completely differently. FCM plays like a heavy med and the 252U is a brawler. Does either nation need a crew trainer?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also bear in mind that the new T8 premiums' lots in life seems to be making GBS threads all over pref-MM T8s in exchange for the occasional T10 game.

Occasional? It's pretty much 3/5 ratio, if not worse

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

As far as I know, if you have the t8 tanks you get them as t9s and any XP you had on them stays on the t8. It's a big gently caress you, really.

The WZ-132 is staying tier 8, chinese get a new tier 9, the WZ-132A

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Axetrain posted:

I want a Czech crew trainer is the T40 serviceable? Using it in strongholds is my plan, will it do alright in that capacity?

T-40 is pretty decent, I used it to dual train my Czech crew

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Who even still wants a Type 59 at this point?

Even two years or so ago, the only reason I would have wanted to have grabbed a Type when they first were on sale, it was because I wanted to have a 5-skill crew by the time I unlocked the WZ-120.

Now...who cares?

In a thread full of bad opinions this one is consistently the worst. It's still the best t8 medium. The Pershing being a close second.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Nerses IV posted:

It basically turned in to a sluggish, bloated fuckpile with a tinfoil dick gun, whose sole redeeming aspect was having a hard enough forehead to bash yourself face-first in to pubbies and be reasonably certain they wouldn't know how to deal with you. gently caress the Type 59.

Go on, almost th

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

First game in the Lorraine:

Victory!
Karelia
Lorraine 40 t
Experience received:3,910 (x2 for the first victory each day) Credits earned 122,481
Battle achievements High Caliber, Master Gunner, Mastery Badge: "Ace Tanker"

Repairs: -4 954
Ammunition: -34 540
Total: 82 987 WN8: 6 715 (100)

good tank.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Hellsau posted:

Is it a 50 100 that trades the ability to clip out opposing tier 8s for better mobility, gun depression, and the ability to throw shells out and reload reasonably quickly?

Yes and two things can't be understated- the mobility and how dangerous the gun is due to it's high pen. Long range accuracy is poo poo but it's a great flanker if you have cover during reloads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Isnt it also freakin huge?

It's seems to be smaller than the original. Had no issues hiding behind terrain.