Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Holy poo poo, this popped up on Town Hall for yesterday.

how is this loving possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Broken Loose posted:

December 27, 2013

December 27, 2012

December 31, 2011

I actually said, "Holy poo poo, are you loving serious?" out loud to myself.

Who employs Gorrell, again?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

Slacks Elephant

Rorus Raz posted:

Slackyderm

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

SirSamVimes posted:

Don't worry, once you get through the slump it'll start being good again.

No it won't.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Even Ramirez thinks this joke is over-explained.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

colonel_korn posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62UzLgdb1GQ

I wonder how many people could guess that's supposed to be John Boehner if you showed it to them.

It actually amongst the most accurate of his caricatures.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Reporter makes the pain go away.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

WitchFetish posted:

In an ideal world, I guess people wouldn't run their mouth without trying to get informed first, but why hope for that...

You're unironically one of the worst posters in D&D, who would rather run into a thread flinging your smug poo poo around and dance around any counterarguments with :smug:'I guess you should inform yourself':smug: than actually make any sort of meaningful contribution. Please consider loving off forever, thanks. This goes for anyone else who does this poo poo too.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 8, 2015

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

In honor of recent FCC news:

Comically Incorrect

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

I'm just coming in and I'm lazy; what happened to spawn 10 pages in one day?

Goons having shitfits.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Chomskyan posted:

Nah, that's actually a super racist depiction of Arab people. Racism is, sadly, the opposite of badass

I don't necessarily dispute that it is racist, but any negative caricature of a minority if going to appear at least somewhat racist. It's not an easy line to draw.

This article is poo poo. Ironically racist depictions, made to draw attention to racism, are not racist.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

albany academy posted:

I don't really find Hebdo's cartoons to be ironic though.

They're explicitly satirical. If you think they mean something else in their heart of hearts, that's on you. Maybe they go too far, but they are at least attempting satire.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

albany academy posted:

idk, i don't really see any sort of platform for saying that a minority that thinks something is racist isn't racist... and saying it's just satire, or they're just sensitive, or people just don't get it (me i guess from your reactions) just seems to lack empathy.

It is possible for minorities (just like everyone else) to misinterpret things from time to time.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

albany academy posted:

i think 'misinterpret' is a bit of an understatement if it leads to 12 people being shot to death imo

Misinterpretation combined with mental illness. Non-mentally-ill people don't kill over a cartoon.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Fried Chicken posted:

It wasn't "misinterpreted" and it wasn't "over a cartoon". It was a calculated act with an intended effect

http://www.juancole.com/2015/01/sharpening-contradictions-satirists.html

An intended effect that thus far appears to be working, btw.

I didn't realize it was an organizational attack. That's pretty interesting.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Considering that all the other caricatures are recognizable, it's weird that his Huckabee is so bad.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Mort is Death's apprentice and son-in-law, actually.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Oh look, my worst nightmare.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

I've laughed at a Hope & Change again. It's really weird that Rainbowbeard is one of the few conservative cartoonists who remembers to tell jokes.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

In retrospect I should have seen this coming.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

A goon in a well cartoon.

No seriously, why is the middle class actively digging deeper.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Gravel Gravy posted:

I thought Golan Heights were a demilitarized zone, officially anyway. Wouldn't something like this cause a bigger splash than a pissant Kirschen cartoon?

You say this like Israel ever suffers international consequences for anything it does.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

Stanis is just a big dumb baby who has probably had is world view challenged exactly once in his life. To him his train of thought makes perfect sense and he's not all stupid for pulling another "I hate Obama" - A black girl - A white man.

He's actually broken rank with his party repeatedly (Iraq, torture, police brutality). Admittedly only in the face of pretty extreme evidence, but I'm still willing to afford him a lot more respect that I would for almost any other conservative cartoonist, even if he does put out retarded poo poo pretty often.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

:vince:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Garland :argh:

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

WitchFetish posted:

Okay, you're gonna have to explain that one to me, since I know only the basics of warhams. Aren't the Tau like space Gundam men with blue skin?

(also thanks for the laugh, guy who said leftists wouldn't execute people)

They're space Brave New World with gundams.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

A cartoon I can get behind.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

My roommate believes there's a cure for cancer but it's being suppressed by Big Pharma

Is it marginally sublethal doses of vitamin C? Cause that was the one a crazy guy I knew went on about.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Regalingualius posted:

Y'know, I'm kind of wishing we had a Tinsely-style gimmick poster (quoting and responding to posts 2-3 weeks after they were made).

Nobody actually do this.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Gary McCoy secretly supports this initiative, of course.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

So where are Obama's legs?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

OldMemes posted:

Wether or not he was forgiven by God is an entire other debate, since that's not in the Bible, and it's something Dante came up with.

Judas is literally in Satan's mouth in Inferno.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Dees is RON PAUL incarnate.

Dees is Deus Ex played straight.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Erenthal posted:

But when someone actually tries to change the world for the better, Rall condemns them in the harshest terms since they didn't do enough/didn't do it while chanting Rall's name.

So why doesn't D&D like Ted Rall??

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

The internet is dead and we are all digital ghosts.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
There isn't any strong reason for grocery stores to be a government monopoly even if there were a government controlled branch. If a private grocery store can out-compete a government store while following all regulations and still being profitable, then the government store needs to step up it's game, or else admit that the free market won out for that market. If the private store can't make itself competitive, then clearly it should remain a government enterprise.

e: basically, because government enterprises don't need to worry about shareholder/personal profits, they are able to compete for many markets, and set a floor for quality and prices in those markets, without needlessly throttling innovation and efficiency that clever individuals or companies come up with.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Mar 2, 2015

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Stantis continues to earn his place as the only conservative cartoonist worth of respect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Venom Snake posted:

Just because he occasionally makes a not poo poo cartoon doesn't mean he's worthy of respect. The dude legit thinks that drones are terminators come from the Obammunist future to destroy all freedom.

Maybe you have trouble with the concept, but people are allowed to have different opinions, even stupid lovely wrong ones, and still be worthy of respect. Stantis is clearly capable of reflection and critical thinking, and that shows in his cartoons. He's coming at it from a different angle, based on some crappy perceptions, but he puts some thought into what he chooses to support.

• Locked thread