Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
People mocking Osborn's hair will never not be funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.
So, Rockslide is still The Best Character?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Uncanny X-Men #542

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I had to look up The Face.
Th... This guy?

:stare:

Geodude?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Spidey Super Stories were aimed at early readers and was associated with The Electric Company. Sometimes they adapted segments from the show, and sometimes they adapted stories of it's bigger sibling comics! It also made a point to include more female and POC characters. With that in mind I think they're pretty drat good comics :colbert:

Spidey Super Stories #43

The fact they're hilarious to us now is just a bonus.

"Nobody will know I am Daredevil if I talk about my radar sense out loud." :v:

smashpro1 fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 22, 2015

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Totally want Stilt Man to show up in Daredevil season 2.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Surprised they managed to make C-3PO so expressive.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

The Trial of Atomic Robo

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

And I call bullshit on Fury never thinking that.

Isn't that Nick Fury Jr.?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

David D. Davidson posted:

So how does Tony even go the the Bathroom in that suit?

He just pisses in it. Like an astronaut.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

The glorious dream of Tacocopter is finally coming true! :patriot:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

a kitten posted:

I dunno how 'bout the power of flight?

How about the power to kill a yak from 200 yards away...WITH MIND BULLETS?!!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Numero6 posted:

Gotta call it "Instant Eatery" when I summon something from my fridge.

Gonna eat just straight-up lemon slices.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Sentinel Red posted:

No. The world is not yet ready for a mutant with the gift of lactating force beams from the punch dimension.

https://youtu.be/ZdT_SK32GL0

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

WickedHate posted:

Complex otherworldly poo poo is Kirby's bread and butter. Whenever he draws normal humans they look really weird and off putting.

Dude was also drawing six issues a month. Nowadays, it's big when a guy draws six issues a year.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: New Animated Adventures #7
Donnie and April are hanging out when they encounter the Purple Dragons, Mikey and Raph are dressed like women so they can see a martial arts movie incognito, and Leo is on patrol when he runs into Karai. All three groups run into each other at the movie theater.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

It's been too long since we've seen this:

Spidey Super Stories #53

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

You should take a look at the version from the 2012 cartoon, it's the grossest thing in a show that keeps inexplicably doing some cronenberg body horror along its kiddy stuff.

One thing I like about that show is that it usually lets you get to know the people before they mutate. Like Dogpound/Rahzar was Chris Bradford, a Chuck Norris parody that used his chain of dojos as a recruitment tool for the Foot, or Mutagen Man was The Pulverizer, a dorky guy that saw the Turtles doing their thing and was inspired to be like them.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Piell posted:

You know what else can get around fast

His own car

Not in New York traffic.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

MikeJF posted:

Yeah, but now Coulson has a cyborg hand which may or may not have a laser finger, so it's all good.

They cyborg hand also has an energy shield, simply so Coulson could say "I thought the director of SHIELD should have a shield."

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Senior Woodchuck posted:

In honor of the late, great, Steve Dillon, here's the best Preacher page:

http://www.yisoonshin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/5.jpg

This is not him mocking white supremacists at all!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Black Adam. ;) Black Bolt doesn't talk nearly enough for them to cast my favorite wrestler for it.

...I say that, but Vin Diesel happily recorded "I Am Groot" hundreds of times to make sure he got the right inflections, so maybe Rock would play Black Bolt.

There was a rumor that Diesel would also play Black Bolt, but that's not gonna happen now that Inhumans was switched from movie to TV series.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Lobok posted:

Nick Fury: Howling Commando, Director of SHIELD, Master Cockblocker

Strange Tales #155

Is Nick Fury capable of walking through doors, or can he only do dramatic entrances?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Mister Mind posted:

(from the Ambush Bug Stocking Stuffer, I think.

Sounds to me like he was tired of getting gypped.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Hulk Smash! posted:

Wearing stuff over the costume is a common theme for him:

Wait, he put that on over the costume, and then the utility belt over that!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

I assume we're all hearing Cosmo's dialogue in a heavy caricatured Russian accent, right?

Well, that's how he's voiced in the Guardians cartoon show.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #6

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Kwyndig posted:

Oh come one, if they were that strong they'd just all clump together in the box and be a big mess.

Not if they all had the same polarity.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Mega Man #2

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

I know I just posted some Mega Man, but Comixology has every issue to half-price with a discount code, so I got all eight trades.

Mega Man #10

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

"Conan only pawn in game of life."

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

Basically nudist Tigra?

Somebody forgot the safeword.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

howe_sam posted:

That was good, this was better

Bear is driving.
How can this be?!

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

Just about all the MCU casting has been pretty uncanny.

True, but taking Downey, someone with well-known substance abuse problems, and having him play Tony, a character with a well-known battle with alcoholism, was too perfect.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

The Question IRL posted:

Spider-man is just lucky that The Foreigner doesn't have all the powers of 70's rock supergroup Foreigner.
He would have been destroyed otherwise.

He don't need instructions to know how to rock.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Red posted:

Anybody know where these are from?

Did anyone else think the Namor was going to do a cock pushup?

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Unbeatable Squirrel Girl Beats Up the Marvel Universe
Context: Tony Stark built a machine that duplicates things out of High Evolutionary technology, and it made another Squirrel Girl. The two come up with a plan to help the world.

And then the duplicate turns evil after finding a dead squirrel, and this happens.

And I'm including this last page because I just love the DKR reference:

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Lodin posted:

For some reason I'm reading mid-2000 JLA despite it not being very good. Despite that at least in issue 9 we find out what the citizens of Gorilla City do on their free time when not being brainwashed by Grodd.

I would say that this is the raddest thing I've seen in weeks, but then the KraVan stole its thunder.

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

Ghost Cat is I don't know what

He is a ghost and also a cat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

So, this is the origin of Cyborg Superman.