Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

MindlessHavok posted:

I haven't seen this posted yet but it's worth a watch. I was in tears I was laughing so hard:

Interview with Will Muschamp (sorta)
http://totalfratmove.com/this-parody-of-an-interview-with-will-muschamp-is-a-must-watch-for-gator-haters/

Yeah it's TFM but I couldn't find it on YouTube

"Jeff Driskel."

Holy poo poo. I haven't laughed that hard in ages.

Texas spring game is in a few days and I'm pumped. Hopefully it'll be nice in Austin that day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Those little guys are amazing. Must have been strange to walk by tiger cubs in the hallway if you weren't in on the plans.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

pillsburysoldier posted:

What incoming freshmen have a great chance of starting for your teams?

Malik Jefferson, Connor Williams, Kris Boyd, and Holton Hill. They are all pretty much ready to start

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

A Man and his dog posted:

Can someone explain to me why an entire part of a Universities Athletic Department gets in trouble because some agent tracks down a player and gives gifts or whatever?

Yeah I get it's wrong in the NCAA eyes.

But like what is a program suppose to do? Have someone with every athlete 24/7?

Maybe their more easy on the University now and just punish the player?

I'm almost positive all major D1 programs have loads of compliance officers and people who are supposed to look out for the athletes, especially the football players.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

It's probably circular, to an extent. OU and Texas slump which allows Baylor (and TCU) to win more recruiting battles, which allows them to start winning more against OU and Texas, which allows the narrative to continue to trend towards "OU and Texas are slumping," which allows...

It's mostly just Briles and Patterson being great coaches and getting their systems perfected right when Mack Brown started getting lazy with recruiting and leaving the coffers bare for Charlie. I think it's pretty cool that Baylor and TCU have been playing well as of late-- now when Texas and OU get back to form, the Big 12 might get a little respect back.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

Season-long rewatch on Baylor's SB Nation blog hit Texas today. Tyrone Swoopes bobbling and losing a simple snap under center at Baylor's goal line remains one of the funniest exchanges I have ever seen in a football game. Poor Charlie Strong's reaction was solid goddamn gold.

Yeah that was awful. With even marginally better offensive line play and a few less turnovers I can see Texas winning 8 games instead of 6. Just a semi-competent line will do wonders for J Gray and the rest of the backfield. I'm sure the defense will be pretty nasty like Charlie Strong defenses most years.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

pillsburysoldier posted:

I know it's annoying to bring up ESPN's fellating the SEC, but they released their Football Power Index and it's pretty cute

http://espn.go.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings/_/tab/fpi

A&M, Ole Miss, and Tennessee all in the top 13. I don't think so.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

MourningView posted:

Hutson Mason had the weakest looking arm I have ever seen from a major conference starting QB and I root for loving Iowa.

lmao

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Sash! posted:

Beamer looks like he died a while ago and I'm pretty sure Dabo is an android.

He's like the robot politician in parks and rec.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J64If0N_1nc

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Sash! posted:

Put everyone that doesn't have a 100,000 seat stadium out on an ice floe, then everyone plays a home and away against the whole league in a 14 game season.

Everyone wins!

A 100,000+ capacity conference would be pretty cool. It would be Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, A&M, LSU, Bama, Tennessee, and Texas.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Add Oklahoma and Oregon to that and you've got a super duper conference.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

He is pillaging the university and fans for every dime he possibly can

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Thoguh posted:

Didn't he also refuse to pay the market rate for quality control coaches, so they all left?

Something like that. I think our quality control coaches make like half of what other big schools pay them.

e- And he fired the SID guy Bianco without consulting Charlie. It's so funny to see who the new mouth pieces are for Patterson. Brian Davis of the statesman has replaced Chip since Deloss and Mack left as the official purveyor of Belmont propaganda and has been fellating Patterson regularly while everyone else is trashing him. Chip is now the contrarian and outspoken critic which is a nice change of scenery for him.

buddhanc fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Jul 24, 2015

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

That looks awesome

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

It would be so amazing to travel to California, Oregon, and Washington for away games regularly. gently caress arizona tho

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Sith Happens posted:

It'll be nice having the GameDay crew in Fort Worth again. The spot they've previously used in Sundance Square is two blocks from my office, where I can look down on the set from my 18th-story window.

Here's how it looked last year on the day before as they were getting everything set up.

As an Auburn fan, I didn't enjoy the influx of Florida State fans for GameDay last year, and it'll only get worse this year as the crimson tide washes in.

Regardless, college football is almost back and GameDay is comin' to my cit-ay! :derp:

I had a deca tournament there at the Sheraton a long time ago. Man that business district area is boring as gently caress

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Sith Happens posted:

How long ago? Downtown Fort Worth has had some pretty major improvements and additions in the years I've lived here. The Sundance Plaza area where GameDay sets up was opened in 2013 and is surrounded by new restaurants and bars. It's a pretty lively spot now.

The problem with the Cowboys Classic games in Arlington that ESPN had for the first couple of years is that there really is no area more boring as gently caress than the parking lot at Cowboys Stadium. It's a massive open space, but its location means it doesn't work at all for the public to be involved. Even fans from the visiting schools can't easily join in for GameDay, because chances are they're staying at hotels miles away. It just didn't make for a good atmosphere.

Downtown Fort Worth made for a pretty good backdrop for the season's first GameDay last year. In addition to all the visiting fans from Florida State and Oklahoma State, there were cheerleaders and bands from TCU, UNT, SMU, plus all the locals who came out just for the fun of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cM9m35mkvDI

Since they've set up shop down here for the Super Bowl in 2011, NCAA Final Four and College GameDay in 2014, and the National Championship early this year, ESPN really seems to have a thing for downtown Fort Worth.

It was 2008 or 2009. I can't remember properly. I remember having to walk miles to use my fake to buy 20 four lokos for all the other deca kids. it just seemed so desolate at the time. Maybe I was just drunk and stupid and young. That's probably it.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

That looks strangely unhealthy

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Remember when Kansas was beating TCU for a little while last year?

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Metapod posted:

Is he using a lawnmower as a wheelchair?

Looks like it's prom night IMO and he's on his way to pick up his date

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I've been waiting forever for the taste of that first sweet, sweet practice report action tonight. Doesn't even matter what's in the actual report because it's about things that actually happened as opposed to another top 10 running backs of all time list or some poo poo.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I just read practice reports from like 5 different texas sites and none of them matched up. They were all watching the same exact practice live. Team specific sites are still the worst thing in the world.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

No matter how bad we are, we'll still poop on the Raiders on thanksgiving like usual

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

And reports are pouring in that transfer papers have been signed. That was quick.

Man this sucks. He was an awesome dude for our recruiting when it was down last year. His dad sounds like a p big dick too.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

It's almost time for football. Everyone enjoy these Vince Young highlights and smile!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVxPPrmUEjU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

pillsburysoldier posted:

In same boat and I have no idea what constitutes being competitive in applications besides "great letters of rec"

It was a cecil cherry joke I think

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Texas had a scrimmage too either today or yesterday. The offensive line is vastly improved and the defense is full of young beasts. I expect this team to compete for a championship next season or the one after that with this ridiculously talented freshman class.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Spiritus Nox posted:

'Next season' meaning '15 or '16?

Yeah, what duckhunt said. The season after this upcoming one. I'm expecting anywhere from 6 to 9 wins this season depending on how things shake out. After this year, Charlie will have 2 or 3 of his recruiting classes in the program and will be able to fully build a team like he did at Louisville.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Come on down to texas mr. Town and you'll start immediately!

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Neodoomium posted:

Come on down to Michigan, Mr. Town, and you'll start immediately!

No! You stole gentry from us so we get first dibs. For real though, I'm fairly certain Charlie and co. will be really active in recruiting Town.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Used to play in this p big stadium in Austin. They use it for all sorts of stuff now.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

kayakyakr posted:

Oh hey, the Reeves. Used to work right next to that monstrosity. Looks a lot bigger than it really is, I think because you expect it to be dug down further.

Yeah, I don't know the exact capacity numbers either. Maybe between 8-10 thousand or so for a really big playoff game or rivalry game. We always used to bring big rear end crowds for all the home games. You were working down the road on Parmer or what?

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

There is nothing good in waco. I even had a bad experience at their whataburger off 35 a while back. What a poo poo hole

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Spintzel posted:

Just looked it up Judge Matt Johnson got his undergrad from Baylor.

I don't wanna say there was bias in the ruling but...

Everybody involved is a Baylor grad. The judge, the judge's dad is also a Baylor grad, the defense attorney is a Baylor grad, the defense attorney's father is a Baylor grad / former state senator, etc., etc.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I just moved out of Texas so you guys can bomb us all you want

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

I tried to peek in on a chip kelly practice in Eugene one time and got thrown out by security.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Isn't Oklahoma's offensive line really inexperienced? I'm p sure the longhorn d line is going to murder Mayfield

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Real Name Grover posted:

How well do BYU fans travel? Wondering how many we'll see in Lincoln next weekend.

They may or may not come from provo, but there will definitely be a lot of folks wearing their colors. Any Mormons/football fans in the area will flock to the stadium in droves to support their brethren.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Hook em

Long live david ash bitch

Death to the catholics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Thermos H Christ posted:

His disgust at the players he inherited was pretty clear from the beginning. A lot of quotes about the lack of pride/leadership on this team. A lot of talk about nobody stepping up. A lot of dudes handed their walking papers.

Given that he left an NFL factory behind at Louisville, I say give him time to bring in a few classes of the guys he wants and develop them. And if he wants to invest in getting experience for his prospects rather than some underachieving former 5-star recruit on the way out, so be it. We're gonna be a super young team this year and we're gonna play like it, but I think before the end of 2016 this will be a team that has to be taken seriously by any opponent. And bitches best watch out come '17.

I'm so excited to watch Malik and the other freshman play.

e- Oh and connor williams as well, who I expect to be the left tackle on the freshman all american team at the end of the year.

buddhanc fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Aug 31, 2015

• Locked thread