Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel

Farecoal posted:

I was doing some co-op in DS3 last night and was helping this guy through the Catacombs. I shot a mimic with an arrow because I wasn't sure if the host knew about it. The mimic comes running at me, does a spinning kick across a gap and one-shots me right in the face :darksouls:

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel

more falafel please posted:

so a game i worked on got announced last night and we're doing a "first look" sorta thing where a bunch of streamers and other folks are gonna play it today:

https://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Rumbleverse

really really cool, congrats!

kalel

Twenty Four posted:

My birthday actually is 4/20 (not 69 though, younger) and though I don't do the weed, I still get a kick out of making a random stoner's day when it comes up like at the "we card everyone, or at least ask what your birthday is" convenience stores or wherever or however else it comes up.

"No really, you can check my license if you want, all I smoke is cigs, nothing against it though, I just stick to drinkin'!"

same here. I got carded by campus security at college (my roommate bought weed and they searched my dorm when he got reported) and they thought it was a joke

kalel

and to any non Americans, yes the parenthetical is true. god bless the usa

kalel

Mortal shell is surprisingly good.

Dr. Honked posted:

I've been playing Ring Fit Adventure on the Switch this year, I've racked up about 25 hours play time, and now I have MUSCLES. Actual muscles, made by Nintendo. Super Mario muscles. Amazing

that's sweet af

kalel

does the epic games store have its own client or something, or can you download the games straight

kalel

sekiro, Bloodborne and dark souls 3 are awesome as hell imho.

Farecoal posted:

I completed my two playthroughs of Dark Souls 3 last night. I have to say, I think it's my least favorite Dark Souls. Still good, bit I think they put too much Bloodborne in it. Also gently caress Midir

every game needs more Bloodborne in it :colbert:

kalel

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

finally beat Sekiro today. i gave up after getting to the last boss because 4 health bars and all that parrying was just too much for my feeble brain. I was able to muddle through today and that's an achievement i've been trying to get for about 2 years.

Congrats! I love that game and I hope you did too

kalel

Farecoal posted:

Playing the Old Hunters dlc for the first time, got to Ludwig, beat him first try :grin:

Then I fell off these stairs that led to a giant fall and died

this is an insanely epic accomplishment, well done

the beating Ludwig thing I mean

kalel

another likely possiblity is that you have ascended beyond humanity to a higher form of existence

kalel

if you beat the next boss first try I will legitimately go bonkers

kalel

Farecoal posted:

OH FRICK I forgot about Laurence and now I'm in NG+ already

aww dang. congrats on beating The Bloodborne tho :cheerdoge:

kalel

here's my hot take: the switch is the best console ever made. I <3 my switch

kalel

Jolo posted:

there's a Spanish Voices option

are you fing kidding me

kalel

I beat that whole game and never once knew that was an option. I can almost feel the disappointment of my ancestors :smithcloud:

kalel

I was really into post-apocalyptic robot dinos for the first 10 or 15 hours but I got kinda bored, idk.

kalel

I got bored by botw even faster than hzd. I think I'm just burnt out on video games in general but it's taken me a long time to accept that as part of my identity

the only game I feel even a remote emotional attachment to is dark souls and even that fire is fading. elden ring will probably be good but I'm just don't feel as hyped for it as I was for Bloodborne. however I have deliberately avoided information about the game so maybe I'll sit down to play and fall in love with a game all over again

kalel

Heather Papps posted:

do you like card games with humans?

I like to play MTG arena some times. would really like to play in person at a local game store but I already felt ambivalent about going before the pandemic because of nerd hygiene. now? no way Jose

kalel

I think a game still needs to have a "game" aspect for me to be interested in playing. To take the sandbox idea and run with it, I think it would be really cool to have a walking sim rpg with almost no UI (no quest arrows, no gamey numbers popping up in the world). You just explore a city or something and talk to NPCs and have a chill time. The way the "gameplay" works is you talk to people and they give you quests, but the game doesn't record them as quests—there's no arrows saying "go here to complete the quest." but you have a little notebook you can write/type/draw in to keep track of game stuff yourself.

Example: you talk to one NPC and he tells you he wants to get his wife roses. the conversation ends but if you come back with a bouquet of roses in your inventory you can give them to him. you don't get anything in return, there is no XP or levels in this hypothetical game, it's just a fun little thing you can do. maybe there's also mini games like a skateboard park, like there's just a whole skateboarding sim built into the game which you don't find unless you go to the skateboard park

Anyway that's my game idea. paging Blaise rascal to make this whole game for me please thank you

Enfys posted:

I tried really hard to get into monster hunter world. It is such a pretty game and everything looks and sounds like it should be really fun (and is obviously fun for so many other people), but I couldn't get the hang of the controls and wasn't having fun even after a few hours. Everything felt like work, and ultimately I just didn't want to put the time and energy into getting good enough that I might finally be able to enjoy playing it.

same. The combat also isn't really appealing to me at all

kalel

hello yob gamers. it's been a rough few weeks for me but I've found a little solace dinking around in minecraft for an hour or two every few days. just doin a little garden and a little farm and exploring the gaping hole in the ground outside my house. after a bunch of high energy games and real-life stress it's nice to decompress with a fun lil low stakes adventure

kalel

Dr. Honked posted:

minecraft FUCKIN RULES for that kind of thing. there's been many a time that i've dug a cave in a hillside and just sat in there and watched the rain

somebody get free hubcaps on the horn!

kalel

lmao

kalel

man I can't wait for Elden ring when it comes out im going to be posting about it constantly. to the point where I think i should make a separate thread for it

kalel

who else is excited for The Elden Ring

kalel

Jolo posted:

Yeah! I've been avoiding coverage of it because I wanna jump in not knowing much of anything.

same! I might even grab a notepad and pencil to write things down like you'd do for an old adventure game

kalel

well I have work to do today and throughout the weekend so I guess I can't play Elden ring over the weekend even though the icon is sitting right there on my ps4

kalel

I finally got rid of 99% of my old games and consoles that I'm never going to play (or that I can emulate if I really want). sold em to a local vintage game store so hopefully they find a good home :3

while I was gathering them up I did get a little bit of nostalgia, some of them I've had since I first started gaming. I'm glad to be rid of them though, I have a whole bunch of knick knacks that I have no use for and I just want to be done with it

kalel

don't give up, skeleton

kalel

Heather Papps posted:

i decided to delete a bunch of installed games i didn't care for recently, it was a freeing sensation. as i've gotten older and realized i don't have infinite time i have gotten better at abandoning games or books or whatever i am not enjoying.

also, the conversation in this thread about souls games, especially the comparisons to monster hunter, unlocked elden ring for me. i've put 11 hours in over the past week or so and it is very fun. i'm a samurai sneaking around in bushes sometimes then sometimes killing giant crabs on goatback.

is torrent a goat? i like torrent.

having not played any previous from software games, and not having cared before release means that everything is basically new and fresh and exciting. my understanding is it's the most accessible game from them so far but it's a loving blast. after i bet it i do think i'll go back and try the other games.

Elden ring freaking rules!!!

it's definitely their most accessible game in the "souls" lineage. the games have tended to get more accessible and more balanced over time, which is cool because Elden ring acting as a dark souls primer will hopefully introduce the original games to a whole new swath of people who maybe were put off by their reputation

torrent is probably a goat but he makes me think of yakul the elk from princess Mononoke

kalel fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Mar 10, 2022

kalel

Heather Papps posted:

not knowing basic stuff about the series has been interesting though. i played for like 8 hours before bothering to stop and look up "how the gently caress do i craft" and discovering that i gotta find a merchant i missed very close to the beginning.

I went in blind and missed that merchant completely until a few days ago. the game gave me a big arrow saying "go here!" and I said "nope!" and immediately ran off in the opposite direction to get my underleveled butt roasted by dragons explore. I'm 20 hours in and I just now got a torch and the crafting tools from the dude

kalel

I Was The Fury posted:

There are no bosses, only stepping stones on the way to the next turtle standing next to a message that reads "dog"

:hmmyes: :shittydog:

kalel

Heather Papps posted:

i was wondering what those doodads were! thank you!

in the info tab of your inventory, look for a blurb about "summoning pools"

also that tab in general is very useful especially for newbs

kalel

did a freaking birb just throw an exploding barrel at me???

this game rules lol

kalel

imo DS2 is for sure the roughest mages have had it, especially after the post-release balance patches that nerfed magic into the ground

the most magic friendly games are demons souls and Elden ring

kalel

Finger Prince posted:

Hmm, I think it might be time to fire up skyrim again.

there's a permanent railroad switch in my brain now that redirects my Skyrim urges into playing Elden ring

E:

kalel

Scaly Haylie posted:

i loving hate ghost barbarians

yeah I think they're real jerks personally. the boss is really cool though

kalel

Dr. Yinz Ljubljana posted:

Then reinstalled Bloodborne

*nodding solemnly, single tear rolling down cheek*

kalel

Bo-Pepper posted:

I'm still playing Elden Ring. I'm not sure if I'll ever finish it because it seems to be endless? Also I feel like I'm going to hit a skill ceiling at some point where the game just gets harder and harder while I stay the same age right on right on

yeah I just discovered a whole new area last night and the map widened to include it because it was so big. this is like the third time this has happened so I'm pretty sure the game is just Minecraft

it's also fun as heck

kalel

well I got overwhelmed by Elden ring so I decided to mess around in Pokemon mystery dungeon. it's nice to rediscover a classic you loved as a kid, even better when it holds up after all this time :yaycloud:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel

Elden ring chat

Finger Prince posted:

I've been to most of the caves and catecombs I can get to, and I'm tough enough now that I can clear them out, except for the bosses at the end of them. So I just kinda murder hobo around and replenish the enemies by touching the graces and murder hobo around some more. Eventually I guess I'll be a high enough level to attempt a boss, but I think I'll try the astrologer class and see how that goes.

Fun game: pick a random number between 1 and 360 degrees. then travel in that direction until you hit a literal wall. rinse and repeat