Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

screamname posted:

Netflix emailed me to tell me Petes dragon was now on.
Thanks Netflix :colbert::colbert::colbert:

Are you in the U.S. because I can't find it and I watched that poo poo everyday as a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Accident Underwater posted:

This looks like a good month. Gonna make my wife watch Rambo. I also have somehow never seen Lawrence of Arabia, and I'm very excited for that.

I enjoyed the first two seasons of The Following as background TV in the gym. I tried The Blacklist but got immensely bored about ten episodes in. The season was stretched way too thin. There's only so much James Spader can do.

Lawrence of Arabia is quite a trek so make sure you carve out enough time. One of my favorite movies of all time.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Wait, what's ATK on? I've only ever seen it streaming on their website.

It's on PBS I think if that's what you are asking?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Evil Mastermind posted:

If you want something to help you get over the Halloween spookums, Twitch is actually hosting a Bob Ross marathon.

I know this might sound weird but as someone who has anxiety and insomnia Bob Ross has helped me fall asleep many nights.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Holy poo poo I didn't know this either, I've been skipping over so many things.

Also finally watched Mad Max Fury Road on HBO GO and as someone who was never a fan of the previous movies it really impressed me. Everyone should give it a try.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Lester Shy posted:

I just started a free trial of HBO Now in order to catch up on GoT and Veep, and I'm looking for other HBO-exclusive stuff to check out while I've got it. Preferably movies or mini-series that I can finish within a month. Was season 2 of True Detective as bad as everyone said or did it turn out okay?

I figure everyone has seen Band of Brothers but if you haven't then do.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I'm almost finished with the first season of The Wire and it's fantastic so far. Please tell me it stays this good for the whole series.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Basebf555 posted:

You need to do it. The best, most rewarding viewing of The Wire is without fail always the second one. One of the show's big mottos is "all the pieces matter", and when you re-watch it for the first time the way the pieces fit together is pretty mindblowing.

It's definitely a slow burn but man when you see everything come together it's great. I try to not miss any scene because every second seems to have important information. It feels like there is something bigger going on.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 2, 2016

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
So I loved Season 1 of The Wire but Season 2 is so much better. I did not see a lot of the connections coming. I just want to see how far the rabbit hole goes.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

comingafteryouall posted:

Where does the Wire stream? HBO Go?

I watch it on HBOGO but the older stuff is also on Amazon.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
When is this Disney Netflix deal suppose to start and I'm hoping it includes everything.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

computer parts posted:

End of the month I think since Zootopia pops up then.

I went searching and apparently there was some misunderstanding with the deal and it doesn't include any backlog only releases from this point on.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The gently caress is the point of that?

Looks like it goes back to the beginning of this year because Civil War is suppose to be on it, also they are touting future movies like Rogue One and Doctor Strange.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I just realized that Spectre is on Amazon Prime Video. Did that get added alongside the other Bond flicks? I heard mixed things about it. If I liked the other Craig bond films is it worth a watch?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

rngd in the womb posted:

A list of what's coming to and leaving Netflix in January

Netflix's losing all ESPN's 30 for 30s. So a good time to bingewatch them if you like them!

That list only hast a few 30 for 30's so maybe it's only the first season?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I had never heard of The Great British Baking Show before it was mentioned here and I got to say it's very addicting. I don't know what it is but it's really calming.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Sir Kodiak posted:

The Great British Baking Show is very well done so long as you can handle a program in which adults talk very seriously about exactly how they like their cake.

Baked goods are serious business.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Enos Cabell posted:

Because it was full of great characters that people wanted to spend time with?

I'm still waiting for my proposed John Locke-Ben Linus buddy cop drama.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I mean Rocky is the obvious choice but I'll fight anyone who says anything else is better then Hoosiers.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Also Caddyshack, The Natural, Jerry Maguire, Major League, Friday Night Lights are all better.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I guess I should stop putting off The Wire.

You should wake up tommorow morning, cancel your entire day, lay on the couch and binge it all day.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I started Bloodline and I'm only 3 episodes in and it's keeping me intrigued. I just want to know if the slow burn leads somewhere.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

The_Rob posted:

Creed was loving fantastic. The script is a good solid script, but the movie shines in directing and editing. Not to mention the training montage with the dirtbikers was just beautiful and perfect. I loved the running theme of respecting the past but making the future the way you want it to be. I also love that in a lot of shots you always see Apollo in the background in some way because he can't not be shadowed by his past. I really loved that movie a lot.

Also Stallone was fantastic.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
So I have been binging The Leftovers and am halfway through Season 3. What a fascinating show. I went in expecting an interesting show about the rapture and it's so much more thought provoking. I love the ambiguity and how they leave it up to audience to interpret the events of the show. I'm going to be real sad when season 3 ends because I think there could be so many fascinating stories with these characters.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
This is why I named my daughter Emma. Simple and she can already say it before she's two.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
My wife works with a real life Creed. The stories are endless. Guy has a wife in the Philippines that he sees once a year for a week vacation then comes home and doesn't see her for another year.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I rewatched There Will Be Blood and reaffirmed that it's probably my favorite Daniel Day-Lewis film.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I really like Interstellar and love the Soundtrack. Also Hans Zimmer is brilliant. From what I've heard his work in Dunkirk is amazing.

Rad Valtar fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jul 18, 2017

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Arguing about Tarantino movies is splitting hairs and not really worth it. Watch all of them and enjoy his work.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Most people I know consider Skyfall one of the best bond movies. It's my personal favorite for sure.

It’s the best Craig Bond for sure and is personally my favorite Bond movie. I love the new direction they took with the Craig Bond story.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
So I was just browsing amazon instant video and saw that a bunch of old game shows from the late 70’s and early 80’s were added. Some highlights include Match Game, Family Fued, Card Sharks and Press Your Luck.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

A MIRACLE posted:

HBO has Get Out on streaming, so if somehow you haven't seen it yet, uhhh watch it there

I really dislike horror movies but love psychological thrillers. Where does it fall on that scale?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
That's exactly what I wanted to know, I really dislike excessive violence and lots of blood.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Field Mousepad posted:

Ents man. Ents kick rear end.

The Ents attacking Isengard is legit as hell.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
I don't know if we can talk about rented movies on Amazon but holy poo poo I am in love with Blade Runner 2049. It nailed the feel of the first movie and Ryan Gosling is my man crush.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Disney has already said that any R rated stuff they aquire will be offloaded to Hulu.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Almost a year and a half after cancelling my cable my old provider must have figured out something because I finally lost my access to HBOGO. I'm trying to decide if I want to just to subscribe to HBO. If I do does that mean I'll have to use HBO Now instead?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
If anyone wants to watch something truly depressing then Flint Town is for you. I grew up about an hour from Flint and the Documentary series hits a little too close to home.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Don’t forget to watch The Leftovers before your HBO expires. That show was amazing.

Seconding this, my favorite show in probably a decade. Also watch The Wire if for some reason you haven’t seen it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Sit your ass down Steve.
Give me The short lived Young Hercules show starring Ryan Gosling.