Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

On the plus side, the Lennay Kekua fan club can be closer to Te'o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Combine the Chargers and Raiders into one franchise, then use the excess players to form the roster of the new London team.

Hell is too good for you.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

California would be much improved if we expanded pendleton to include everything between say orange county and la jolla. Live fire authorized and encouraged.

I've always wanted to see what mortars would do to mcmansions.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Kazak_Hstan posted:

Can you assholes just move to LA already, I'd like my 49ers to be out of the news, tia.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Tzen posted:

Came across this while looking into SD/OAK stadium poo poo, http://football.ballparks.com/NFL/SanDiegoChargers/newindex.htm

Reminds me of Qualcomm. :v:

Like any new stadium is going to be built with less than 50% of the space being taken up by luxury suites.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

I'd go for a football stadium that's done up to look like the actual Roman Colisseum. Would own and also just completely troll the "football is too violent, American is going down the terlit, mnyaaaaaah" people.

Who cares about the structure, as long as we're getting lions and Christians at halftime.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Ostentatious posted:

gently caress the Chargers,

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Top Hats Monthly posted:

All this California infighting has made me realize how much I love Minnesota and hate Anaheim

Minnesota is a p. cool place.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Glass of Milk posted:

One of the SD Councilpeople (whose district Qualcomm is in) released a mocked up new stadium shot:

Looks like tailgating is not going to happen in that plan. I actually think a higher density plan is pretty smart in a city with so little real estate, though the big question would be transit options. If you've got housing and a hotel there, you're going to need lots of parking and rail/bike/bus/etc ways in and out.

That stadium looks pretty cool. Too bad no bowl stadiums will ever get built for NFL teams. If you're not at least 40% luxury boxes, you're not getting built.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Why is this basically a rule?

Iirc, regular ticket sales are shared within the league. Luxury box sales are kept entirely by the home team.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Ostentatious posted:

i would settle for a stadium that doesn't leak sewage tbh

They could play in the parking lot. Idgaf about the stadium. Just win.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Raku posted:

Set it up so that nuclear radiation comes from the engine room into the visiting locker room

What do you think happened to John Matuszak?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

Because the A's

loving this. The A's locked up a 10 year lease on the coliseum while they try to figure out they're own hosed up situation. They almost had a deal to build in fremont, now they're looking near jack London square, SJ is still holding out their pipe dream of getting them down there.

Meanwhile, any plan at the current coliseum site has to accommodate them first.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Flikken posted:

Someone just watched San Andreas.

A whole movie about shaking, and what's her names incredible rack only bounced maybe twice the whole time. 1/10 would not watch again.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

An NBA crew truck got robbed at the panda express on hegenberger. 40k of equipment stolen out of their truck.

http://www.mercurynews.com/crime-courts/ci_28253986/40k-equipment-stolen-nba-crew-dines-east-oakland

Also, I didn't know anyone other than Cambodians knew how to make donuts.

Also also, glazed old fashioned for life.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Are you me for some reason? Because where I used to live the only decent donut place was run by either Cambodians or Thais.

Guessing by your avatar, I think it's a bay area thing.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

old dog child posted:

No. Rams in LA, Chargers in SD, Raiders disbanded forever

I fear anything that might cause the Raiders to even remotely threaten the current balance of power. I grew up around Raiders fans who would never shut the gently caress up and I do not want to go back to that hell.

Autumn is coming.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Volkerball posted:

It also contributes a lot more to an influx of unsavory characters with terrible body odor than the raiders do. :colbert:

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Let the A's have the coliseum and build the thunderdome in the south parking lot.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

pathetic little tramp posted:

Psh, El Camino Real is the only true way to get to Oakland from San Diego.

So...101 then

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

I don't know about mlb, but nfl profit shares ticket revenue on regular seats but not luxury boxes. So it's in the owners interest to build these monstrosities

Why the niners moved to santa clara is the same reason the Warriors want to move from the completely adequate oracle arena across the bay to san francisco. They want to be where the rich people are.

Really the only reason the pleb seats are there at all is you need sell out to get that sweet sweet tv revenue.

New stadiums aren't for you, they're for rich people. Let the rich people pay for them.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Where you want to be:

The dude in the cream shorts pees in the pool. Just look at his face.

This is the one place we totally need that pee - indicating dye.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chichevache posted:

I peed in the pool once and you could see the yellow. :smith: I think I just need to drink a lot more water.

Pool blue and urine yellow, your new team colors.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chichevache posted:

West Hollywood Cowboys

How bout them 'boys?

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

computer parts posted:

and hey the Raiders have same colors as the Spurs and they're not really beloved right now.

If that's a reason, san Antonio should get the white sox too

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Chilichimp posted:

They should. No one in Chicago gives 2 fucks about the Sox.

Which seems odd in that they've won a world series in the last hundred years.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Rams move to LA. The league says one team is enough. Oakland continues on a series of one year deals at the coliseum until the A's leave to their new stadium at jack London square. The coliseum falls to pieces but the raiders keep playing there and rename it the thunderdome.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Volkerball posted:

You're a hell of a lot closer to a deal in San Diego than the raiders are in Oakland. If the raiders can't move to LA, they're absolutely hosed.

Absolute worst case is that the owners gang up on mark davis and oust him from ownership, or at least management. The league takes control and they move the team to some pliant city willing to build a stadium like san antonio.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

A COMPUTER GUY posted:

As an Orange County NFL-watcher, I would prefer the Chargers over the Rams and especially the Raiders. The Chargers occasionally make the playoffs.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Volkerball posted:

I'd love for the team to stay in the Davis family, and Mark has done a good job of staying in his lane, but we're loving broke dude.

Al Davis was amazing and Mark is far better than his haircut might let anyone think but...

Ownership of teams is way too big for it to be a thing passed down in families like some lordship. There's just too much money at stake for ownership to fall to some bad apple. I really wish the league would open up ownership rules so more teams could be publicly owned like the Packers, or at least more widely held to allow some form of board governance like companies ought to have.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

zen death robot posted:

.The Raiders are suffering because the bay area can't really support two NFL teams

The raiders have been suffering because they've been terrible for a long time. The core fans are still there. Start winning again and the casual bandwagoneers will come back. Keep losing and it doesn't matter how big of a market they have.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Volkerball posted:

But then the 49ers fan base drops.

It's not necessarily zero-sum. If both teams are good, they'll both attract butts in seats. Both teams have roots here.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Volkerball posted:

What's crazy is even with the bad, Al Davis teams played in well over 10% of all super bowls.

Before this 40 years in the desert, the raiders had a winning record against every non-recent expansion team in the league except the chiefs.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Also, I don't buy into the whole Al was senile toward the end bit. Go watch his loving awesome projector speech about Lane Kiffin. Dude had all his marbles right up til the end.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

NC-17 posted:

It's hard to imagine a Gruden led Raiders beating a Dungy led Bucs in the Super Bowl. But then, I don't think a Dungy led Bucs team would have even made it there.

Going back to the tuck rule... had that call gone the other way, Chucky stays in Oakland. We win the superbowl that year and next. No churn of coaches, no 15 years of suckage.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

So were the Raiders. Gannon throwing the T Brown and Jerry Rice? Lawd have mercy...

Pure Homer. I'm not sure, but I think so.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Ross Angeles posted:

Also New England cheated

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Magic Johnson seems like a candidate. I wonder how that's all going to shake out. AL (pbuh), didn't own a majority stake iirc. He took control with some boardroom shenanigans. If a chunk is sold off, I wonder if the controlling relationship would change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Microsoft is already represented in nfl ownership. Larry page needs to rip off his don't be evil mask, buy the raiders and build a new stadium that looks like it belongs in mordor.

• Locked thread