Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Auro should go on that list. In the same genre as Hoplite, but more focused on fighting than survival. It's had me hooked for a few weeks now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

i was reloading posted:

Anybody here play Terraria mobile version? Should I give it a shot?

It's pretty good, but crashes occasionally. It didn't roll back anything when I restarted it though, so it was more of an annoyance than something that made it unplayable.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Dancer posted:

I've never played this version, but I've sunk many hours in the PC version of this, and according to some comments, there's IAP to purchase the full game, so I'm assuming no microtransaction bullshit:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.NamcoNetworks.PuzzleQuest2Android&hl=en

I've played the Android version. There's no microtransaction bullshit in it, unless they added some in the years since I've played it.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Turtlicious posted:

I'm looking for am android monster Hunter style game alternatively something with a lot of tactics. I've played the he'll out of hoplite which was awesome. Can you guys recommend me a work game?

Auro and MicRogue are both great games in the same genre as Hoplite.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Microgue, Hoplite, and Auro are great little tactical puzzle games. Horizon Chase is a good Outrun style racer. Pinout is a fun endless pinball game.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Dancer posted:

Sigh... So I know the question has been asked dozens of time but fiiine now you got me to want a good Picross game. What are the recs? (no comment required, just playstore link; I just tried Pixel Puzzles and the first result seemed very shallow).

Pixel Puzzle starts feeding you some pretty complex 15x15s once you reach a certain threshold of finished puzzles. It's worth it if you don't mind mowing through the easy stuff.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

90's advertising is one thing I think nobody is nostalgic for.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
My only question is whether it will be a real game, or if it's going to be some gacha bullshit with timers on everything that can be bypassed by a premium currency.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
It's fun watching the lifecycle of this thread's gatcha game obsession. New game is released --> Everyone spams friend codes/clan invites --> someone makes a separate thread --> game is forgotten/abandoned.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I remember thinking, as smart phones started to become mainstream, that an age in which everyone carried a computer in their pocket would lead to a revolution in video games. Instead it lead to a revolution in monetization schemes and addiction cultivation.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

The Sean posted:

I've been away from the thread for a while. Goon thoughts on Dragalia Lost? Ive played a bit of it and its okay. Im mostly looking for something to play at work. I might just go back to Fire Emblem after dropping it at launch.

The Nintendo association made me curious, and all I found was another gacha with paper thin gameplay.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

flatluigi posted:

it's a complex game, the UI would have to be massively redone for mobile devices, and the main version isn't even fully feature complete yet

They should just port the 1997 computer game. It worked well enough back then.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Is there anything that increases your movement speed in Archero? The character feels a bit sluggish for the amount of projectiles it needs to dodge.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
To me, the most notable thing about in game advertising is that the product being advertised is almost always another free to play game. That seems like a warning sign of something very unhealthy for the whole mobile gaming industry.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I picked up Sproggiwood a few days ago. It's a fairly simple and so far easy roguelike, but I'm having fun with it. I don't think it will have the replayability of Pixel Dungeon though. It's also a single purchase with no microtransactions.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I still find it amazing that the best way to make money on this platform is to take MMO style grinding, remove any of the gameplay that real MMOs have, and then hope to hook enough suckers who have both a large amount of money and extremely low resistance to skinner boxes.

This is not the future I envisioned for gaming when smart phones first hit the market.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I love Into the Breach a lot; any suggestions for good turn based strategy games? I've never played FF Tactics, so should that be the first?

Check out Hoplite, Auro, and MicRogue.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

New Leaf posted:

Oh man, you got me. Look at this super hot date I just went on guys!!! https://imgur.com/a/010Jmoq

One point away...

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

New Leaf posted:

..no? You don't take them out on dates. I mean, you give them food-related gifts and some hearts pop up, and you can "Oath" them, which you can pretend is marriage but it's entirely unnecessary and just a cutscene of you giving them a ring and they're like "Neat, thanks" and nothing else is said about it.

You were being serious with this post?

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Even, uhhh 9 years later, I'd still buy and (attempt to) play FTL on my phone.

Into The Breach, probably moreso. Any recommendations for similar games?

Auro, Hoplite, and Microgue are all very good. Unfortunately Microgue crashes on newer versions of Android.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
There was a time when I thought that everyone having a computer in their pocket would revolutionize video games. Instead it revolutionized revenue generation, and those influences are now creeping their way into conventional games.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Nighthand posted:

Which Dracula, they're clearly talking about Castlevania

Fixed it for you. This is worse than the time someone told me what happened to the ship in Titanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

CuddleCryptid posted:

Could someone give me some basic tips for Shattered Pixels Dungeon? I understand the basics of how combat and items work, and I like it in a nethacky way. But I never know when to search for rooms unless it's incredibly obvious, and I keep running out of food even if I only eat when I'm fully starving.

One very helpful tip is if you see a treasure room with a gimmick, then the appropriate potion to counter it will always be in the same level. A levitation potion to get to a chest on the other side of a big pit for example.