Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Soothing Vapors posted:

Kelp you shitbird

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

randombattle posted:

I've had the hankerin for a diablo game so I should play some more.

Yeah it's good.

Norns posted:

Is Magneto a badass in this? I must know.

Yeah he's good. You just float around loving up boxes and gang members. Hammin it up the whole time.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

hawkeye changes schmawkeye changes

Hawkeye Build for Doing Things Besides Murdering Dummies

Three Arrow Burst: 20
Rocket Arrow: 20
Speed Loader Volley: 20
World's Greatest Archer: 20

Combat Training: 20
Flash Bomb: 1

Taser Arrow: 1
Explosive Arrow: 1
Nerve Gas Arrow: 20
Starktech Claymore Turret: 20
Freeze Arrow: 17 (i think? point dump this)
Starktech Medical Arrow: 1

When it comes down to it, you really have one major choice on Hawkeye: which Archery c/d powers do you take? Speedloader does good damage and has an extremely high chance to proc Trick Arrows, Rocket Arrow does really good damage but fucks with your target lock and has weird issues with firing, Boomerang Arrow does less damage but fires almost instantly. Rocket Arrow is by far the best choice. It now charges much faster and does an insane chunk of damage.

You could take all three, but then you'd have to drop either Freeze Arrow or Combat Training. And considering Hawkeye's still on the low end when it comes to damage mitigation? I'd say you still want to max both out. Explosive Arrow and Taser Arrow are both worth one point because they're really good procs with the Trick Quiver mechanic. You don't have to slot either of them, just fire your cooldowns and 3AB and watch the explosions roll in. NGA is a good DoT layer, and with Trick Quiver you generally never have to cast it manually. Freeze Arrow is your main AoE, and a good opener on terminal bosses. If you're in a raid or fighting someone tough (Ultron), throw down a Medical Arrow on the melee dudes. They'll either love you for it or try to dodge it thinking it's an AoE.

Flash Bomb is a great damage boost, but it's only worth one point. The cooldown and duration are the only things that scale, and you're going to get enough points from gear to make that a bad investment. Pop it whenever it's off cooldown, but try to make sure it's up right before you use you're big cooldown powers.

Flash bomb, sig, hit your cooldowns (fully charge Rocket Arrow ofc), fill with 3AB. Lather, wash, rinse, repeat. Pretty simple, but your boss is going to be exploding into green smoke and electricity all the drat time.

When it comes to gear, you can use basically all of his uniques except the Ronin Boots. High level gearing is going to differ, obviously, but Trickshot's Bow is a good filler unique until you get something better. For artifacts you need need need a Ziggurat of Kargul! Hawkeye is still extremely immobile, and having that teleport is very helpful! A Lizard Forumla really helps with the Attack Speed and the life leech, but if you don't want to waste your trade bait on Hawkeye you can use a Taskmaster Guide or a HoD.

Slot 1: Fragment of Twilight
Slot 2: Reserve Quiver
Slot 3: Hulkbuster Arrows
Slot 4: Nisanti Boots/Batroc Boots (I like Nisanti on him a lot more)
Slot 5: Hawkguy Shades, maybe summer shades if you're retarded?
Uru: Power Doop
Pet: 3 Fighting, +2 Ranged Skills
Artifact: Gem of the Kursed
Artifact: Ziggurat of Kargul
Artifact: Gorilla Necklace (ofc)
Artifact: Lizard Formula, HoD, Taskmaster Guide, AMSA
Medallion: Grim Reaper, Red Skull
Legendary: Gungir, Ultimate Nullifier, SUPER Axe of Ares

Omegas? I don't loving know. Take the standard good ones, Focused Strength of Grom, Focused Plasma Cannon, w/e.

NotALizardman fucked around with this message at 01:04 on May 1, 2015

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Erdricks posted:

Is it still avengers only 50% serverside?

Yeah.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

AllTerrineVehicle posted:

By c/d do you mean cooldown/duration? Because both of those scale up.

I could lie to you and say yes, but no. I honestly forgot that the duration scales.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Tom Gorman posted:

With as tight as HE is for points I can't see flashbomb being worth 20 pointing in any scenario.

This is basically the issue. Hawkeye has too many good powers now and I just can't justify max'ing Flash Bomb for anything other than Sick Dummy TTKs.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Yeah shouldn't that be :doomtoot: or something? The collapsing gaz text makes a better : gaz :.

Zeike posted:

eh...why is :gaz: a Doom trumpet?

you guys are retarded, just fyi

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

MMAgCh posted:

In the sense that you can't receive them as freebies, sure, but I seem to remember that you could still get freebie boxes from buying newly released stuff in the past.

nnno? it's been like this for at least the past three bogos.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

"um excuse me, why isn't the : gaz : emote the lovely looking exploding gaz, so i can spam it every time someone makes a joke post and im too stupid to get it????"

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

NotALizardman posted:

"um excuse me, why isn't the : gaz : emote the lovely looking exploding gaz, so i can spam it every time someone makes a joke post and im too stupid to get it????"

*kicks this guy in the balls, and foot dives him into a locker*

:gaz:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Mr. Whale posted:

mk is supposed to be tomorrow on the tc with dad.

if golden mantle doesn't increase tribute gain i riot

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Target Practice posted:

I've been procrastinating hardcore by reading up on some Marvel origin stories, and I gotta say, I'm really looking forward to Dr. Doom. I didn't realize he was such a philanthropist (in his own dictatorial way).

In the Avengers comics Dr. Doom just pulled off an insane gambit that will probably end up saving the multiverse. He killed a bunch of Molecule Men, then made a religion about killing Molecule Men. It's probably the coolest part of Hickman's Avengers. The only part I really like at least.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

holy poo poo

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

doom provides :gaz:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Thanks everyone! :gaz:

I almost vomited when they called my name last night, it was kind of crazy haha.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Yeah it looks like test is updating again, maybe?

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Golden Mantle seems alright. Plus it's got a Tribute mechanic like I asked for! :kiddo:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Fist Boots are probably the biggest winner out of Moon Knight's uniques. Pretty big boost to one of his better DoT layers.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

snergle posted:

with his new uniques can i use all uniques? It looks like he will cap a few skills and i can shore the rest up with cubes.

no, most of his uniques are just "meh" now instead of offensively bad like they were before. you're still going to use a cosmic slot 5, probably.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

That was the joke, guys!

jokes are hard man

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

Someone buy :bugfix: already, it's the best one.

Yall wasting your money on other emotes when we could have that one, shameful.

anyone who buys another emote for this game will be Guildkicked Forever

we will not become bioware dating sim thread

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

CrashCat posted:

Wait, just how many do you already have?

just the two thank christ :gaz:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Agent355 posted:

So I haven't played this game in at least a year and I was wondering if I could get a few words about what end game consisted of now?

Cosmic terminals, Raids, One-Shots (longer terminals with multiple bosses), and as of a week ago, Age of Ultron which is between a one-shot and a raid in length and difficulty. Occasionally people run Bovineheim to get large numbers of hero specific uniques.

quote:

Also the only character I have to play that wasn't already at least somewhat leveled up is the Human Torch, is he any good right now? I'll have enough eternity shards to buy a hero (or a few random heroes more likely) soon but I really just wanted to play somebody I hadn't tried before. Coming back to a half finished character and tryign to remember how they work was too much effort.

Nope. Torch is kind of bad right now. If you want some good heroes Venom, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Hulk and Punisher are all in really good spots right now. Most characters range from okay to good, though so you're mostly safe random boxing. Just try and avoid Taskmaster.

NotALizardman fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 7, 2015

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

City of Heroes still has an active thread and the game was killed like a year ago.

:catstare:

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

ndub posted:

And his review is going to drop on the same day as doom, so nobody will care, or play him, because he's still going to be just another phys punchman

kill this nerd

"just another phys punch man" please

he's the Idol of Millions, he's Aunt Petunia's Favorite Nephew, he's the Ever-Loving Blue-Eyed Thing!

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

I seriously can't wait for Thing to be even more survivable than Venom or Witch. Just a retarded amount of health regen and defense, face tanking Red Sentinels. "Stacks what stacks, I'm the loving Thing! Yancy Street!"

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Fat_Cow posted:

I have a very important, meta defining question: Which hero has the best voice?

Thing, Magneto, Taskmaster and Hawkeye

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Strange Matter posted:

Thing. No question about it.

Best voice acting now, soon to be best TTK and TTL ever in the game. Get ready to get toasty.

this guy knows what's up

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Obscurity posted:

don't know who has poo poo uniques and who doesn't, don't know which any hero uniques are worth keeping,

To my knowledge, very few heroes have a bad line-up of uniques anymore. Moon Knight is the only one I'm super sure of, but anyone who hasn't been reworked in the past year probably won't be wearing more than two hero specific uniques at higher sperg levels.

OTOH most characters are in a good enough place where you can wear all of their uniques and get by in green Muspelheim, even Moon Knight.

For any hero uniques, keep anything that's a boss specific drop. Beyond that maybe hold on to Darkholds, Dragonfangs and Nate Greys.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Kelp Plankton posted:

BIS comic book

squirrel girl isn't in ant-man

quote:

BIS guild leader who needs to finish leveling squirrel girl's BIS cosmic prestige to BIS level 60

i cosmic'd hawkeye not squirrel girl i don't even play squirrel girl!!!! you're making less sense than icer kelp!!!

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

If you didn't vote for 2099, you hate the Irish and Mexicans!

And if you didn't vote for Sabertooth you hate the Jews!!

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

What won that poll anyway?

who do you think?

the goddamn oil slick raccoon

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Midnightghoul posted:

Veteran Moonies, what do you do for uru, GoM or PD? Most builds I've seen seem to interchange the two really

GoM if you haven't hit 50 in GF, PD if you have.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

this crimefighter title is making me want to kill myself

i don't know how you guys did it

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Irish Joe posted:

I don't know what's worse, the doom minibosses or the holosim villains.

holo-sim holy poo poo holo-sim

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Thing's Aggressive Aura was the same way. At rank 20 it gave a retarded amount of damage, and it stacked with other auras and poo poo.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Aphrodite posted:

Ms. Marvel.

She-Hulk had incest babies in an alternate future.

Loki has a daughter and is also sometimes a woman. I don't think his horse baby is Marvel canon.

good post

Kelp Plankton posted:

Sue is RealMom with two kids

Wanda is MagicMom with twins who's souls migrated back in time to be reincarnated as teenage avenger fanboys

Jean is TimeMom with her 60 year old son Cable from the future and at least two teenage daughters from the future and an alternate late 20s version of Cable and also she's dead but her teen self from the past is in the present, who is TeenTimeMom

Squirrel Girl is like a cat lady but with squirrels so she's kind of a mom I guess. SquirrelMom

bad post

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

So, I apologize for being a dick after that AXIS raid. I was kind of frustrated, we've beat that goddamn fight before like so many times, and now all of a sudden we can't. I was blaming stuff on people mokhu for no reason, and it was lovely and I'm sorry.

but everyone get an invuln core before you axis, that is non-negotiable

NotALizardman fucked around with this message at 03:28 on May 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

he didn't do anything wrong except play scarlet witch so i singled him out and acted like a retard

• Locked thread