Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

African AIDS cum posted:

Any news on Howson?

Rumours say he's going to reject Madrid till 2016 in order to ensure Norwich stay up. Could be moving in January if Norwich are on 40 points by then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

tbp posted:

seriously, name ONE time a portuguese club won the UEFA Champions League. i dare you

Pffft, anyone can win the Champs League, even Liverpool have done so several times. The real test of how big a club is if theyve won the Premier League and I dont think any team from Portugal have.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

vyelkin posted:

I'm pretty sure he just scored more goals for a relegated side than all of Liverpool's strikers put together, so even if he isn't good enough he's still an upgrade and for cheap too, leaving more money available to spend on the many other positions that need to be strengthened, including more strikers.

Kevin Phillips scored loads of goals for diddy clubs and he was crap

The Big Taff Man fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jun 2, 2015

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Everyone knows Raheem was a boyhood United fan right?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Cleverly is under-rated imo. He plays good neat passing football.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
The first one I got was this

You can tell its fake because

a) that fee is way too low
b) no manager would ever deny looking at swooping for such a world class player
c) why would gylfi ever want to leave swansea

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

not not luvd posted:

why are you people responding to a literal mongoloid

I wasnt but I am now, haha

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I'm glad we're back to being a team people use for leverage

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I read something about Ashley dropping from Chairman and McClaren also having a position on the board, is that bollocks?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Hearing a lot of talk that Schneiderlin is signing for United when he gets back from holiday

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I think Falcao will be great at his next club and I hope its not Chelsea

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Brony Car posted:

I didn't watch nearly as much Serie A as I would have liked this season. How was he for Fiorentina?

If you'd had watched more you'd have still struggled to see him

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

serious gaylord posted:

If the last two summers are anything to go by United will be linked with every player under the sun and 99% of them will be utter bullshit.

We're back to being a club that people use for leverage to get a new deal.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Blue Star Error posted:

this makes very little sense

Yet it happens all the time?

Look at us getting linked with Sterling, do you think United would have genuinely put in a bid at any point?

Blue Star Error posted:

Agent: Mancchester United are interested in buying my client, new contract please.

CEO of multimillion pound company: Certainly, I've not received a bid and have no evidence that what you say is true, so how does £300k a week sound?

Sounds accurate this tbh

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

trem_two posted:

Mandzukic to Juve is now done, €19m fee plus up to €2m more in bonuses, 4 year contract.

Is this a steal considering his record or is he not as good as it suggests?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Clyne has all been papertalk from what I know. Ive heard Schneiderlin interest is real tho but the sticking point may be van gaal v koeman

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

peanut- posted:

None of these people have ever seen him play either.

I cant wait for Tychans posts about him then

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Can I just say now I hope Milan sign no one this window as I enjoy gg doing the face

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Liverpool spent 29million on a guy whos only 81 rated on fifa?

Hes only got 74 in long shots - suprise suprise thats less than the Premier Leagues top CAM (imo) Gylfi who scores 84

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Gigi Galli posted:

Nainggolan is fully Roma's for 12 million or so (excluding bonuses) and Roma will also get Ibarbo on loan with an understanding that he will be bought for 6 million plus bonuses at the end of the season. Pretty great deal for Roma and plenty of money for Cagliari to rebuild. Astori is also returning to Cagliari and will almost certainly be sold, so I expect them to have the most money of any team in B this year for transfers. Anything less than an auto promotion next season would be disappointing.

Yes, but is there any milan news???

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Andre Le Fuckface posted:

Hoffenheim is where Gylfi stepped up to after playing for Reading and hell, look how good he is now

Stepped up? What did he do when he went to Swansea then, ascend to heaven?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

blue footed boobie posted:

According to whatever website this is, Schneiderlin said that he'll be going **somewhere** next week.

http://www.francebleu.fr/football/rcsa/football-morgan-schneiderlin-2455425

Ive heard (but not from my former insider source) that a deal had been done with southampton by united and the deal would be done after Schneiderlins holiday but idk

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
United are going to get hosed on the De Gea deal since Real know he wants to leave and go there.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

PirateBob posted:

Our interest in Schneiderlin is firm, according to Sky sources... That's about it on the "possibly credible rumors" front. :whitewater:

Theyve been reading my posts

Paperhouse posted:

Schneiderlin will sign for United

Youve been reading my posts

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

PirateBob posted:

That means Utd could have let him go on a free last summer and saved money. €5.5m is less than Utd paid in wages to him while he played for Sporting. And he played very well even. It's a pretty drat low fee in today's market.

If they had let him go on a free he would have still been owed loyalty bonuses for not asking to leave. Theres a reason you see people like Cleverley have their contracts run down rather than just getting "release"

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Hoops posted:

Why are they bidding so much for Sergio Ramos? He's 30, he has terrible games and he gets sent off quite a lot. I don't understand. If the point of signing players is to win more/lose less games, then De Gea is infinitely more valuable than one old centre back.

Even if it's s foregone conclusion that he's going to Madrid, I don't get at all why they will spend most of the money on Ramos, who will then also be on higher wages.

He wont get sent off half as much in the Premier League as La Liga.

I like it as a signing tbh because we need an experienced centre half especially if De Gea is going.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Hegay posted:

Lol, most of Ramos reds has been because he does insane over the top stuff that would def get him sent off in Premier League as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGqZFJ_3--Y

Wouldnt even be a yellow in the Prem

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

TheBigAristotle posted:

This would be weird if true. Quite the fall in stature

I hope you mean for Stoke

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

euroboy posted:

Juventus announced that they refused an €80m offer for Pogba from Barcelona.

He's going to be the most expensive transfer ever, isn't he. Can't wait to see who Real or Barcelona has to let go to fund his transfer fee.

Still cant believe Fergie had the answer to our midfield issues there and ended up being a stubborn oval office and let him go because his agent pissed him off

Actually I can totally believe it.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Yeah but he wanted £20k a week! Which would've been more than Cleverly!

The issue wasnt the contract so much as the fact that Fergie didnt give him a chance in the team because he was a stubborn old oval office. Ultimately Fergie was right with the likes of Ravel Morrison and Ezekiel Fryers, but Pogba was a massive mistake and Ive never understood how someone who watched the youth team in the seasons before that couldnt see how he was going to be a good player, let alone a great one.

Thats our Fergie tho.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Hardflip posted:

not surprised tbh, probably feels like rodgers used every opportunity to try and push him into a contract renewal and didn't defend him when he wanted some slack

If someones bossing you around like that its no wonder you'd want to leave. I had a similar situation happen with a team I played with on Fifa.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Looks like Valdes is leaving, he's been left out of the tour squad we're taking to america. (De Gea is in it)

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

excuse me lady posted:

all hail Eddy the Teddy Bear Woodwood , i always knew you were the man for the job. a Top Top Chief Exec

He was just biding his time making sure we got an official crisps supplier in singapore before turning his skills onto transfer negotiations.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Destroy My Sweater posted:

I'd like to hear more about these "gaping holes."

In Man Uniteds midfield, or in Leicesters Thailand tour party?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Humphrey Vasel posted:

Did di maria ever have a good game? What a shame he was

At the start of the season he was looking good then just totally lost it and then his head totally went and he couldnt get a 5 yard pass right. In the second half of the season he was one of the worst players Ive ever seen, everything he did went wrong.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I'd complain about the position thing but Di Maria went so bad it was horrible, it wasnt like he was just messing up skill moves (he was messing those up) but he couldnt even pass sideways without it going wrong. I've never seen someones head go so bad, it was horrible to watch. It was scary seeing him brought on in games near the end because you knew he'd lose posession a bunch.

Ive no clue how he got so many assists tbh, I can think of 2 where he shot and it hit one of his own team and deflected in (both herrera I think), and a couple where he did a bad pass or cross but the receiver did well to recover the ball and score (Fellaini vs west brom and mata vs liverpool)

I'd keep him tho if he can get mentally ok again. Players like him are game changers when theyre on form.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Hegay posted:

What position did Di Maria play in? He spent his first seasons playing on the right for Madrid, and last season playing midfield. He played on the left the entire time for Benfica so...

loving everywhere tbh

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I cant understand why anyone would even begin to think that was real.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I thought Coutinho was brilliant when Liverpool played at Old Trafford last season but when I got home I saw Carragher had said he'd had an awful game and was one of the worst players on the pitch so idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

euroboy posted:

Victor Valdes is off already.

@BBCSport: #mufc to sell Victor Valdes because "he doesn't follow my philosophy. There's no place for someone like that," says Louis van Gaal.

lmao I absolutely love Van Gaal hes the glorious bastard we needed after Moyes.

• Locked thread