Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Fantasia is all ready for me to log in. Now for the wait to actually log in. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Leal posted:

Post your catgirl

My soon to be dragongirl.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Tsurupettan posted:

hey ffxiv thread, what is your dark knight's theme song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV26zIE0130

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

8-bit Miniboss posted:

So what's the word on Relic/Zodiac weapons? I resubbed and got my Zenith Relic for posterity but should I bother doing all the Zodiac stuff or just leave it?

Just leave it. You get handed an equivalent to a Zodiac or dreadwyrm at 56. The zenith will be fine for doing 2.0-2.55 story with.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

We had the main tank and a dragoon fall off during my bismarck run and we still managed to one-shot it somehow. I did wipe twice on Ravana before a friend and I managed to convince the DPS to stop tunnel visioning the boss and kill butterflies though.

My first ravana fight had a few wipes because people kept falling off. OT kept a wall behind him during his phase, too which didn't help.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Bismarck ends up being chaos right near the end, holy crap. That's still a fun as gently caress fight. Reminds me of Jhen Mohran from monster hunter without the showdown at the end.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Niton posted:

Is that really true? It's kind of weird that they'd wait less than a week before nerfing one of Bot/Min's biggest money makers.

It was also a huge barrier to entry for 3.0 crafting.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Thumbtacks posted:

I know that this is just a base set you can buy but it looks so good that I might just roll with it for a while.

I'm a little annoyed that the box on the side doesn't change based on the design of the gun (or color scheme), so it's nice to find something that can match.

I'm honestly tempted to keep my 58 tank set for glamour. It looks really pretty.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Halatali NM, me levelling my BLM for The Professional title. SCH healer put themselves on follow on me, and told me to keep up behind the tank, so they could AFK. Because they were doing us all a favor by being there.

/angrynerdmode on

Cue me doing my level best to DPS at the very limits of my range, using the leash distance of SCH and SCH's fairy to leave fairy just outside of range for healing. And to lock fairy and SCH outside of the first boss's door. Got kicked, sent a report.

Have a screenshot for funsies:

("friend" doesn't make any sense in this context, this was a DF group, I didn't know any of them. Except you, Zyra Zephyr. Now I know you. gently caress you.)

Oh hey, I'm the white mage in that screenshot :v:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

It used to be 3 before I moved to Excalibur.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Wait, wait, wait. There's hellfishing now?!

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

kafziel posted:

What are those glasses?

Those would be Shaded Spectacles.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Always read leve text. :catstare:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

ActionZero posted:

Speaking of DRK I just completed the level 50 quest. God drat that whole story was fantastic, I went in expecting Greatsword Batman and instead I got to experience my character having a psychotic break.

Take note of where that 50 quest took place. The people helping you literally pull yourself together absolutely hated you when you first arrived. I also thought my dark side looked legitimately sad when I rejected it. All she wanted to do was help.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Now I'm tempted to make a Rob Zombie reference in a Living Dead macro. Living Dead Girl is the obvious choice.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
I try to give 100% on everything but after grinding a1 for a pedal and getting dps that gets to hard enrage or not being able to roll higher than 40, you get a bit worn out on that exdr you did for a break.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Truga posted:

I used to think AST weapons would be the coolest, because you'd whack enemies with the astrolabe. But then HW released and you're just doing paper cuts with cards. It's cool, but it's not nearly as cool as whacking a guy with your big, fat tome.

WHM and SCH are actually in a pretty good spot right now. SCH has slightly more single target DPS, and WHM has this hilarious AOE burst in the form of holy spam under presence of mind. It amounts to a hilarious amount of dps on just two targets, and just goes up from there. It's not something you use often due to MP constraints, but when you use it, it feels the best.

It used to be way better before holy got nerfed.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dr Pepper posted:

As a healer I say bring on the massive pulls. Makes things more interesting. :getin:

As a former healer, now tank this is my strategy.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Martman posted:

Upgrading Antiquated gear is past Esoterics tomes, not just past Law.

You upgrade Antiquated stuff with items you get from Alexander Savage.

Presumably, there will be a method in 3.1 to acquire those things. Might be tied to Alexander normal once people are done getting their gear.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

oh my god i need that broom

Not empty quoting.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

armoredgorilla posted:

One exception is if you're running a 24 man and really want to annoy the piss out of the other parties with Provoke spam from your team.

Bonus points is if it's the Bone Dragon and you're keeping it planted in the middle of the arena.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Metal(A4 theme) is pretty much gobbiespeak gibberish so don't read too far in to it.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Unguided posted:

How's the 50 to 60 DRK quest? Does it get better after 52?

It's kind of "eh" until 58 and 60 where it hits a high note and a pretty satisfying conclusion.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

ilifinicus posted:

watch your cutscenes, and if anyone tells you otherwise hit that report button

Yeah, it's cut and clear harassment. Also, they can't boot you until well after you finish watching anyway :v:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Dr Pepper posted:

Dark Knight is a cool class and I like its weapon out idle pose

I love it because it's straight up Satsuki Kiryuin's pose in Kill la Kill
:goonsay:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Mazed posted:

As with most things, the design probably came first, and then the lore team went and concocted some explanation for what the art team had wrought.

But it still says something that they're actually willing to take the time to polish it up like that. The fact that every last thing in Eorzea's got some sort of story to it, even if it's some tiny blurb in the Sightseeing Log, is why it's a good setting.

The fishing log is a great example of the tiniest detail getting some great story to it. Buoyant Oviforms while common remain a complete loving mystery to eorzean scholars. There's some great flavour in the fishing log.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Posted without comment.

e: link to thread. Still no comment.

Intoluene fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Sep 3, 2015

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

EponymousMrYar posted:

The Tears of Lalafell children.

Worse, Meracydian children. Tortured endlessly in stasis.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Fister Roboto posted:

Meracydia is a continent to the south that used to be inhabited by dragon people, until the Allagans conquered them and killed their ruler, Bahamut.

Apparently catgirls also originate from Meracydia.

Then afterwards, Tiamat was approached by the Ascians and told of a way to bring back Bahamut as a Primal. Who was now filled with rage and NOT the man-dragon that Tiamat loved. Bahamut, the elder primal was captured, put in to Dalamud as a power source for the Crystal Tower and then the Meracydian dragons were enslaved and tortured so they would keep praying to Bahamut.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

vOv posted:

Are we still doing spoiler tags for HW stuff? Because I think this is a pretty major one. (I mean, I didn't get spoiled because I beat HW like a week after it came out, but.)

Honestly, this isn't big spoilers. Most of it was Final Coil of Bahamut, in fact.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

nuru posted:

Weapon is really the only problem for SCH -> Retainer unless you're wearing AF gear anyway.

Or at 50+ when the healing/dps split starts.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
I feel like people really don't quite get what is meant by pseudo-rng and just assume it's a crap rng

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Niton posted:

Incorrect, actually- when the NA promo was announced, S-E said they were in discussions with regional retailers to get the promo over to the EU as well.

Any word on Australia getting this deal :ohdear:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm gonna have to pay out the rear end to get the lore book shipped to Australia, aren't I? Worst case scenario, I get some friends near Seattle to send it forward.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I'm sure an offer of Tim Tams in exchange will have no shortage of people clamouring to do your work.

I can work with this.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe
Can you guys stop ruining my chance to actually get a goddamned book? :argh:

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Guw posted:

I was able to get a character on Excalibur. Uhh what's the guild?

Third Party Tools, Dragongod Knightking, and Please Be Careful.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Xarbala posted:

Oh my god

I don't usually run into PotD pubbies who insist on trying to kill every enemy in every room, but having to deal with them in three different, non-consecutive runs tonight was driving me bonkers. It's really bad when a full party takes as long to clear a set as it would've taken me to speedrun it solo.

Even if you were doing a full 1-50 run avoiding as many fights as possible you'll easily reach 60 well before the endboss, especially since the only difficult fights are in the last set and they throw hordes of rooms filled with three or more enemies at a minimum.

Every person who complains about stubborn pubbies sticking by the open Passage cairn is part of the problem, because the stubborn pubbie is right. Especially if all the treasure chests were already looted.

I only kill EVERYTHING when Fortune is up.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Ornate Ironworks or 20 Mhachi Matter for three lines.

Wind Up Alisaie for two lines.

That three lines is ridiculous.

Three lines is rare af, though. I do want that dress up Alisiae, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Fun Shoe

kirbysuperstar posted:

How much does the lorebook and packaging weigh? Gotta see how much reshipping services are going to scam out of me.

I've already got mine heading to Australia Post's redirect service, Shopmate. Standard fee for a book was listed at about 30bux

Edit: your Australian Credit card should work, too.

• Locked thread