Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
all praise and glory to timb. he changed a wretch like me this

to this

praise be to timb

amen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Triglav posted:

not if hes fat. heart rate seems high too but maybe hes fat

I don't think I am fat by goon standards. I am 6'2" and had a 34 but now I have a 32 inch waist and have to buy new jeans. thanks timb

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

k-zed posted:

At this point Smythe is like one of those moderators Lowtax imposed to destroy LF from the inside when it got too popular.

Tolerating outright death threats from the likes of Amethyst, joking with AIDS, or tolerating and using words like "retard" and "human being" not only makes him a bad moderator, but a bad person.

smythe actually owns and is carrying out divine retribution. my work involves expanding a terrible service that each of you use everyday that is negatively impacting your lives everyday even if you don't realize it. there was a point in time where facebook was hosted on this service and I could have crippled at least their North American servers for weeks but I was to weak. smythe is just punishing me for my sins

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
timb just buy tesla

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
thanks timb for letting me know chvrches has new music out

CHVRCHES posted on @AppleMusic
https://itunes.apple.com/us/post/idsa.9669c193-30c2-11e5-a2f2-a7a84522d181

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Amethyst posted:

there is no reason to use apple music over spotify, as far as I can tell, apart from maybe a few exclusive artists

no web player is a deal breaker

one word taytay

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

cremnob posted:

Apple surprised Swift by almost immediately changing its plan not to compensate artists during the trial period of its new streaming service. Says Swift, “Apple treated me like I was a voice of a creative community that they actually cared about,” she says. “And I found it really ironic that the multi-billion-dollar company reacted to criticism with humility, and the start-up with no cash flow reacted to criticism like a corporate machine.”

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
timb has done it again

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
guys it's happening

:gary:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
timb it's November release the iPad pro preorder

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Silver Alicorn posted:

lol if your such a man child you break your phone

lol if you don't get AppleCare and give zero fucks when you break poo poo

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

:gary:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Ludwig van Halen posted:

my apple tv arrived yesterday, and its really really good

tim, youve done it again!!

How well does it play with iPads and iPhones? strongly considering getting one the same time I get the iPad pro

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
literally Samsung/android phones are such trash for nerds they couldn't pay James Bond 50 million to use it http://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/james-bond-rejected-android-in-spectre/ :gary:

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

DaNzA posted:

that's a dude, dude

please no Prosopagnosia shaming. goons have a uncanny predisposition to suffer facial blindness probably because of its links to autism

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Internaut! posted:

ipadde pro in stores next friday

praise be to timb

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
gonna own to use my iPad pro to pay for food at trader joes when I get it

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Stymie posted:

always pay cash at service-oriented businesses to ensure that tips can be divided more easily and won't be reduced by credit processing fees

lol if your tip sizes are so small that you you think the cc company taking a few cents will put you below the acceptable tipping amount. for those that don't know how to tip follow these easy steps. say you have been out all night and the bill comes up to 84.73 round up to the nearest 5 or 0. in this example it 85.00 then multiply this by .1 then the result by 2 for a total of 17.00 tip.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

I would not like an Apple Watch this Christmas, as I would want to wait for Apple Watch 2 with improved battery

I don't know if they can improve the battery life unless they do something with the wrist band or turn it into an ugly android watch. I can almost get 2 full days out of my sport. What type of battery life are you getting? It charges really quickly so I just have an extra charging cord in my car.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
chaos reigns

edit kind of hype that my iPad pro is coming in tomorrow

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Internaut! posted:

holy poo poo Apple with the 5 week wait time on the Pencil, so much for wife's xmas present

did anyone manage to get one of these?

gently caress I thought I ordered the pencil the same time as I did the pro oh well on order now and I can pick up the new Apple TV when my pro comes in also

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

rrrrrrrrrrrt posted:

does apple have aids yet or what

Apple and timb are pozed as gently caress now and timb has ruined my thanksgiving my pro is not ready for pick up as he promised

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
just picked up my Apple TV and iPad proe. it is safe to say that timb has done it again

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
rest in piss the low end Bluetooth speakers if you have the pro. I wish Timb would just go ahead and buy tesla and Amex so the age of mega corporations can start so I can live out my mutant chronicles fantasies

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Santas Ainol Elf posted:

if we're talkin olds I prefer Catherine zeta jones

you like to live dangerously I guess her vagina is a known carcinogen just ask Michael douglas

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

fuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkk

dear gay satan please allow stebe to come back and murder the chuckle fucks responsible for this

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

MrMoo posted:

I think it comes down to the software, Microsoft is presumably pestered by lovely managers wanting to save pennies by not having separate desktop, tablet, phone apps and development teams.

Most of what Microsoft does is pushed by lovely managers, they're certainly not listening to users after all.

I think what we are seeing now is the tail end of the balmer AIDS. the new guy seems good.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Timb has done it again

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-it-she-doesnt/

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Ice_2_c_u posted:

not a high bar imo

Ice_2_c_u posted:

not a high bar imo

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

who makes a 3 hour long podcast does anyone ever listen to all of it

hardcore history by Dan carlin is pretty good

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT posted:

apple should continue squeezing every penny out of the system as they legally can because lol if companies that don't use every loophole possible it only encourages the perpetuation of a broken system using the 'we don't need regulation when we can just rely on goodwill' logic; see also tipping culture in the united states, which incidentally leads to another deeply-traditional derail in yospos lore

lol if you tipping minimum isn't 20%

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Smythe posted:

not on my watch, fucktard.

neonbregna: You see this little hole? This moth's just about to emerge. It's in there right now, struggling. It's digging its way through the thick hide of the cocoon. Now, I could help it, take my knife, gently widen the opening, and the moth would be free. But it would be too weak to survive. The struggle is nature's way of strengthening it. Now this is the second time you've asked me for your drugs back. Ask me again and it's yours.

smythe: ?!?

Smythe is not the hero somethingawful.com deserves but the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him. Because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark mod.

Smythe 2016 down with fascist lowtax

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
Timb release my shipping confirmation

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

carry on then posted:

let me guess, they're standardizing on microusb, not type-c

yeah like apple gives a gently caress about some Swiss dudes that are buttmad that their watch industry got loving destroyed by jony Ives

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
you can stay infernal machines I think your cute

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

lol if having a set of beats pro headphones constitutes a major financial decision for you. android is for the poors and Windows phone is for the middle class.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
timb bless timb for confirming my genetic superiority
Windows phone ailures/androidailures

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Beeftweeter posted:

i hope it drops to 0
sorry bro not gonna happen I can get it down to
the high 40s if I can get the gym consistently for a month or so straight

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007
lol if you don't have your work buy you lightning cables as an expense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

computer parts posted:

reminder: this was the USB 3.0 cable for phones:

triggered as gently caress right now

• Locked thread