Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Mulva posted:

Short explanation, they don't understand "full faith and credit" and think that money has to be still backed by something tangible, in this case people. They believe that when we moved off the gold standard President Roosevelt dissolved the government, reformed it as a private corporation and pledged all present and future Americans, now assets of USA Inc, as backing for US currency. Henceforth when an American is born some amount of money, the most common amount cited is $200,000, is placed in a bond that is then sold on the open market, it earns interest, which is then placed into a account with the same number. So have a bill to pay? Just give them your birth certificate, or birth certificate number, and the US Treasury will issue a warrant out of it to the payee.

This totally works.

Also if you build a makeshift runway out of bamboo and palm leaves the magic sky gods will fly over and leave you presents :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

skeeballcore posted:

I'm a hillbilly.

next question

Three teeth or six?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

Before we get 3 pages of "omg they flash the high beams to warn about cops in my town too!" it is a common thing people do everywhere in the world. No one place has a monopoly on it.

In some states the police will actually arrest you for doing it, claiming things like "interfering with an investigation" or "obstruction of justice."

Obstruction of revenue.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

https://twitter.com/Isfet/status/818997923258179584

Huh, turns out Trump is a weeaboo.

Edit - I have no loving clue how to embed tweets, sorry for the link you gotta click.

The US is a democracy, therefore the will of the people is that they want a weeaboo to represent them. :haw:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

No no clearly that's just because it was too early in the morning or something :byodood:

*conveniently overlooks time stamp*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The Moon Monster posted:

I want to hear about sovereign citizens in a country that isn't even common law based. Like, are there Chinese sovcits?

They're just another source of organ donors I think.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Eponine posted:

Well, there's a reason most of the sovcit videos are white dudes.

Is it inbreeding?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Beachcomber posted:

The schadenfreude is on me. Who/what do these emotes represent? What meaning are they supposed to convey?

Subforum memes that failed to get any traction and are now just SA emotes. They mean whatever you want.

Would be good for audio jokes if the laugh at audiophiles thread wasn't basically dead.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

CommissarMega posted:

Y'all should get on Malaysia's level and call them 'Japanese slippers' like we do over here :colbert:

BRB, drawing some graffiti that looks vaguely japanese on my garden flip flops.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Humphreys posted:

That dude deserved it. If she looks that good in a drat mugshot...

It's unfortunate that nobody else has taught you this valuable life lesson yet but allow me:

Never stick your dick in crazy.

If you don't understand why then go right ahead and you'll figure it out eventually.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Tarantula posted:

Youtube game critic Jim sterling was being sued by a video game publisher for almost $11 million, the lawsuit has just been dismissed with prejudice and now Jim has made a video detailing the idiocy of the company that tried to sue him, I've set the video to my favorite part in the clip where Jim goes over where Digital Homicide make their financial claims and explain why they set the amount they did. (Probably a boring video to most people but I rather enjoy youtube drama and spurious lawsuits being slapped down.)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qS-LXvhy1Do&t=707s

I've been following this since the original spat two years ago. It's a hell of a saga and well worth the time investment if you care about freedom of speech, butthurt, DMCA takedown abuse and angry bitter asset flippers.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

This loops so wonderfully.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gorilla Salad posted:

Every monitor I've bought for the last 15 years has had a zero dead pixel guarantee.

It's not "good" that Nintendo are replacing them, it's literally the least they should be expected to do.

The last thing I bought that had didn't have a zero dead pixel guarantee was a 15" phillips LCD monitor from mid last decade. Dead pixel on day two.

I would like to acknowledge that Nintendo's quality control is as archaic as their physical shopfront business model.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Needs some toilet floaters in there for good measure.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Bogan King posted:

The dude jumped in a croc infested river after drinking 10 cups of boxed wine to impress a woman who said she wouldn't be impressed by him doing that. If you can't work out if he is from the Florida of Florida Florida with that knowledge already at your disposal then answering your question won't help.

Ahem. In Australia "boxed wine" should be correctly referred to by it's correct name, the "goon bag".

Which is pretty appropriate for SA really.

Bonus tip: After you've had enough it makes a good pillow.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Also if you ever find yourself in a shared accommodation situation where the people you live with are drinking and you're the late one back "home" then that is exactly the correct time to produce your goon bag.

Don't bother with a glass. Just pour it straight in your mouth.

^ Beautiful!

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

For my next trick I'm going to headbutt a brick wall until I lose consciousness.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Sappo569 posted:

what the gently caress is a bunting and why do they call it that like 20 times in the article

learn english you fucks invented it

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

If blaming piracy for bad sales of your lovely bad product fails then just blame the mean unfair reviewers.

Totally not your fault that way.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Ak Gara posted:

$15 for a meal? Jesus. I think I'll stick with the Tesco £3 ($3.77) Meal Deal.

When at work I normally buy something like this
£2.35 sandwich or sub (488 cal)
£1.25 Coke 500ml or £1.39 Monster energy 500ml
£0.80 chocolate bar or salted peanuts

That comes to around £4.50 for the Tesco £3 Meal Deal.

Why not just cut to the chase and save money by consuming raw brown sugar right out of the bag.

2KG should last you a couple lunches.

Use a permanent marker pen to write "diet" on the side of the packaging so you can convince yourself you're eating ok.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

chitoryu12 posted:

The point behind tipping was supposed to be rewarding good service with extra money. It seems like every failure is by places that do something weird like eliminating tipping altogether or adding automatic gratuity to the meal and then wondering why it confuses people.

Don't forget to tip your customs agent for smiling when they stamp your passport or the parcel delivery dude when you need to sign for a thing someone sent you.

US politicians must have amazing customer service because holy poo poo do they rake it in with the tips.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Just eat nothing but bars of high density 3000 calorie ration chocolate for every meal.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Memento posted:

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Please tell me that AR-15 advertisements were plastered all around that article.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Gorilla Salad posted:

I have absolutely no sympathy for any idiot who blasts through a loving train crossing with the lights going and an arm down.

But it seems there should be a second arm there to totally block off the road just because people are idiots.

I don't know. Road seemed pretty well blocked off to me.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Slugnoid posted:

Apple is at fault because they breached the Australian Consumer Law. In Australia, if a company sells someone a defective product, or if a defect appears 'within a reasonable time' they must refund (or at least replace) by law, no matter what the fine print on the contract says. It also helps that the Gov't, and not the company gets to decide what is a reasonable time so it's usually quite generous (my smart TV is guaranteed by law for about 4 years). It's a legislated warranty and it can't be voided in any way by any company's terms and conditions.

The Australian Govt sued Valve a couple of years ago over this law and won. As a result Valve was forced to lift their 'no refunds ever for anything policy' so the law definitely has teeth.

Yeah Australian consumer law is actually really great and I feel sorry for the Yanks because they get fuuucked.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

Right. But once he refused to leave he was trespassing, which is illegal. The police are probably in the clear here.

From what I understand about your weird American laws because he his luggage was accepted onto the plane and he was seated the airline was required to offer him fourfold compensation for his ticket price which they did not.

So they are in violation of whatever federal law that is before the physical assault matter comes into play regardless.

Maybe there is an argument that they called the police on him improperly? Not a lawyer, gently caress if I know, but I'm pretty sure it's not an open and shut "get hosed peasant" matter for the passenger.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

SpacePig posted:

To be a bit fair to United, this article says the passengers were offered $800 to volunteer to give up their seats, as well as lodging and a flight the next day. I imagine that same offer extended to those that were chosen randomly.

Sure but $800 worth of coupons wasn't the fourfold compensation they were required to offer.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

steinrokkan posted:

Surely the greatest problem was that the police immediately proceeded to brutalize an innocent man at the slightest sign of dissent. The airline company probably had a legitimate reason to need an extra seat to get their man to a destination, and AFAIK they didn't order the passenger to get beaten up and dragged along the floor like a carcass at the slaughterhouse.

That's just how america rolls now.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah but that's just reality. The Trump administration hasn't been overly concerned with that when issuing statements or policy.

Policies might imply they are binding. That's like issuing a noose for your own neck.

Much better to just do everything on the run and claim national security or something later. Nobody* will ever know.

*Lots of people will know.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Jastiger posted:

Seriously gently caress Trump voters. I am scared of it a bit, but im rapidly gaining an -ism. Its not racism or sexism or homophobia...ism.

Its anti-Republicanism. I am finding myself loving hating these people.

Don't worry, it's cool to hate stupid regardless of any other factors.

Everything anyone needs to know about Trump voters and bad judgement is encapsulated by that woman who voted Trump because he was going to get rid of the "bad hombres" and her husband was duly deported to their mutual shock and horror.

"But but he wasn't one of the bad ones!" :cripes:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

JoelJoel posted:

Hey guy, what do you think Hillary's campaign did wrong? Be as thorough as you like.

Hillary should have spent a few days livestreaming herself playing Counter Strike and DOTA to reach out and connect with the younger voters.

Proper streamer style mind you, Danny DeVito placards behind her, branded Razer headphones and a chair covered in game logos & LEDS, everything. Her diet should have been nothing more than Doritos, Mountain Dew and whatever actual hot food place is gamer branded. (if any?)

Oh and lose the tailored pants suit jacket and replace with brightly colored hipster t-shirts.

DancingShade has a new favorite as of 11:16 on Apr 23, 2017

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

maswastaken posted:

For the complete experience, someone would swatted her on their own initiative.

I'm imagining a SWAT team bursting in and getting met by secret servicemen with MP5s.

Yeah that would make an interesting .gif

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

If they weren't good friends before they would be after that.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

The pumpkin is every political cause and the woman represents the average goon in D&D.

Except she's less of a basement dweller I guess.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

It could be worse. Sometimes when their real eyebrows grow back they find out that the tattoo artist put the fake eyebrows in the wrong place

Easily fixed. She just needs to shave the natural ones and get a low rider car.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

surebet posted:

i spent way too long trying to figure out what would rip a hole that size in a shirt

i'm not proud of this

Same on both counts.

Got to be photo shopped or else there is some mad static electricity going on there.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Scenario: you're texting while driving and you nearly run over a cyclist. He yells at you, you flip him off, he kicks your side mirror.

Do you:
A) Flip him off even harder
B) Call the police
C) Record it all for youtube
D) Chase after him and ram him so hard that he flies into a tree

Well since I posted it in this thread you know what the answer is going to be
http://i.imgur.com/gr2YkRG.gifv

The cyclist ended up with broken bones, internal bleeding and a lacerated liver. The driver just got handed a three year jail sentence even though she's six months pregnant, with the judge pointing out during sentencing that she obviously got pregnant on purpose to try and avoid jail but that poo poo don't fly with him.

Justice won't be fully served unless she or whatever consists of her affairs are rendered down to cover the victim's medical fees and lost wages.

Rest of it is good though.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

:golfclap:
And old media is wondering why it's dying.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

Of course with a little ingenuity you can make much better kits yourself.

Survival in an urban environment is complex.

http://imgur.com/gallery/kIrZa

That rectal container is missing an all weather poncho, gold bullion and a rolled up bitcoin wallet key. Oh and a micro USB key with their entire anime collection backed up on it.

Cue freeper forum posts of "oh god my rectal bug out tube broke in my anus and now I can't find my life savings, also bleeding from anus".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Pingiivi posted:

OK. So you've been bagged and stripped and you're in some death cave. Now you've pooped your key and get your hands free. What now?

Using your flabby obese goon form do your best Bayonetta impression.