Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
I lust for hot cop death.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Payday 1 Grindfest Update

(for new folks: payday 1 has ingame challenges that only crazy people would try to accomplish, so I am going for 100% and posting about it, which cheeses off some folks in the thread, a side benefit)

Only 1800 GL40 kills to go! I was able to get 200 in about an hour using a slightly modified strategy that's really paying off. The end (well, the halfway point) is in sight!

In all seriousness Vox, why do you do this challenge? Is it fun, or an unhealthy desire for 100% completion?

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/vocalminority#announcements/detail/768223743057109904

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Gun Metal Grey is the best song. Period. :colbert:

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Sentry guns are great. Maybe dial it back from 6 to 4 though.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
My tactic for stealth is to not stealth and set cops on fire. Also, where the gently caress is the sound mod that adds the sounds of cultists from Blood screaming in burning agony?

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
It falls between an AR and LMG. Fun to shoot, looks good, kills cops well.

I've been getting really severe stuttering while playing the beta. Anyone?

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Do skin unlockers still work? Been awhile since I've run any scripts because of the beta.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Dragon's Breath is loving rad as all hell in the Striker. Fuckin' basically shootin' balls of fire and never loving dying if you have Grinder or Anarchist.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

oohhboy posted:

Stealth sucks.

Afraid of Audio posted:

shadow raid, murky station, and car shop are the worst heists in the game

Art Gallery would be fine if there was more loot/a bigger payout, otherwise the map itself is fun for pig murder. Framing Frame would also be a lot more fun if you weren't actively punished for wanting to kill cops on day 3.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

jivjov posted:

woohoo! No more microtransactions in Payday 2!

I still remember you making a complete loving rear end of yourself when they were added. Which reminds me: Shut the gently caress up jivjov.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

dscruffy1 posted:

I thought it was kinda funny, but I'm also a terrible person.

And I'm saying this as a cock loving pansexual. Even I got a chuckle out of it.

Also, since it got mentioned, what arcane poo poo was in KF1 beyond HoE quirks and how the Scrake and Fleshpound had unique resists compared to the other zeds? I mean granted, I stick to Normal/Hard with KF1 because I'm casual as all hell (same reason I don't touch Death Wish).

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

:bigtran:

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

UnknownMercenary posted:

Ron Perlman is our new heister.

I JUST CAME

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Silenced aa12 + crits + frag rounds equals I AM GOD

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

watho posted:

Hotline Miami 2 is literally the worst thing humanity has ever conceived, including any and every genocide.

Lemon-Lime posted:

So what's the silenced explosive dodge shotgun build/loadout? What do you run as a primary so it doesn't impact your concealment too much? Do you even have a deployable?

Primary: AA12 (Drum/Silenced Barrel/Concealment Boost/No sight/Pocket Laser). Swap for Saiga 12K if need be.
Secondary: Ideally something with high accuracy to deal with snipers. As much concealment as humanly possible.
Melee: Highest concealment possible.
Deployable: You won't need ammo bags, but you can take those to help the team. I prefer FAKs w/ Uppers aced.
Perk deck: Grinder or Anarchist depending on preference. Rogue also works, but I'm not a fan.
Throwable: Shurikens or Cards for ammo generation.
Skills: Required skills are all the dodge skills, all the silencer skills, all the concealment skills, and all the shotgun skills. I also use all the critical hit skills, but given their random nature, it would be fair to skip them.

Congrats, you've trivialized almost every combat encounter in the game. Some notes:

-Use your shotgun to completely stun lock dozers until the face is exposed, then finish them off with your sidearm. With Overkill Aced's swap speed buff (if you take it, it isn't strictly required), they will probably never have a chance to fight back.
-If your sidearm isn't high accuracy, snipers will be your bane. Teammates will need to compensate.
-Your hostages are hosed. Period.
-Be very aggressive with running right into crowds as you fire your shotgun. They'll have trouble shooting you since they'll be busy being flung into the air, and this aggression helps with ammo.
-If you skimp on the critical hit skills, cloakers are gonna need to be taken out with your sidearm as frag rounds don't stun them at all and don't them fast enough.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Lemon-Lime posted:

Cool, thanks!

Do you use a suit, or LBV?

I prefer suit for maximum speed. If you aren't sprinting around at all times cackling like a Demoman, you aren't playing correctly. That being said, LBV is likely a safer choice on Death Wish.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

TopHatGenius posted:

Not sure if I was really dodging anything to be honest. I'd run in and take a load of damage but I never died with Grinder procing on a ton of flying enemies.

Between the fact that you'll always be stun locking enemies (sans cloakers) and Grinder never going off proc, you're nearly invulnerable when firing.

Also, I forgot that I'm using a mod that lets me use any boost on any weapon. I was able to add plus 3 concealment on both guns to dip below 25. Saiga still works fine though.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

AndroidHub posted:

So I just played my first heists since the new skill trees and made a build with 4 fully upgraded sentries, an ammo bag, and 2 super jokers.

This loving rules.

I too love playing the necromancer from Diablo 2.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Sykic posted:

We'll get the UMP at the same time we get underbarrel grenade launchers.

Never.

*cough*

http://forums.lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=16340

(It's super loving rough, but kinda neat.)

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
What's the end-all-be-all way to deal with SWAT Turrets?

Also the new shotgun is insanely good. I can ding targets 40m away with Dragons Breath with zero issues.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Even without Overkill it's pretty good (or at least fun).

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Sentry Guns are pretty loving insane.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
You can also edit the lua to make everything cost no coins at all. :v:

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
That Dragon's Breath cannot headshot is their sole downside. But being able to look at any cop and fart flames of death in their general direction to stun lock them is pretty handy. With weaker shotguns it isn't uncommon for only one hit + fire damage to leave them alive, but weak enough to trivially shout them down after the fact. The old school shotguns will OHKO anything short of a tan instantly, and the tan will typically burn to death. Shields become trivial (although the murder process isn't as fast as a slug or sniper rifle), and while tasers won't die on the first shot, sometimes just stunning them long enough to run away is more helpful than sticking around to make sure they're dead. Cloakers will get stopped from charging if you set them on fire, but the stun effect isn't as effective on them. Use a backup weapon. Dozers are obviously the main weakness but again, just use a backup. I've found DBs particularly useful on high ground at range; being able to stop entire waves of cops dead in their tracks from above with hellfire feels amazing.

All of the shotgun ammo types are really good and help to fill different niches.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
There are some solid ideas in that mod, but unfortunately almost any update will break it. That's normal for most mods, but the mod author likes to throw frequent temper tantrums about Overkill being jews between lolicon jack off sessions, so expect longer than usual periods of downtime compared to other mods (like say, Goonmod).

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Also, FactsAreUseless is a tremendous piece of poo poo for probating me over drama in the same thread where we regularly bitch about Reddit. gently caress off.

Doctor Shitfaced fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jul 1, 2016

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Yeah, the DMCWO author is perhaps the best reason I can think of to recommend staying away from facepunch 4chan's Payday 2 general thread. I've seen too much fanart of the kawaii mask.

I can't speak for the Facepunch thread, but I know the author makes his home in /pd2g/, and that place is basically on fire 24/7. Despite his pedophilia, it's ironic, because the thread will absolutely tear into you if you imply you use any mods of any kind because "everything is cheating." It's Cognitive Dissonance: The Thread.

And yet, I know that that one community manager Ashley communicates with the thread frequently.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

Yes. This is actually a pretty severe limitation on the uppermost difficulties, but the gun is damned fun.

In an ideal world, fun trumps functionality. And fuckin' hell this gun is fun to use. Flinging sniper corpses around with it feels practically like karma.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

Fat_Cow posted:

So pirate perfection is still a thing? A Pubbie tazed three of us and downed us despite us being alone. Also all our ammo was gone as well.

I dunno if PP is still functional, but I do know that similar trainers exist.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Hey Vox, to what extent was Body Expertise nerfed? I love that skill.

Fake edit: also, best all around DMR?

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
That nerf seems pretty reasonable, honestly.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
What would you suggest for additional modifiers Vox? Not a snarky question, I'm serious. I'm surprised you haven't already dropped a bunch of ideas.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Between this and the Better Bots mod I think the pubstove might be ready for retirement.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Hey Vox, which loud heist is the most efficient for getting cash? I know the DLC safe heist is best for XP.

Also, which mods should I install to improve framerate and network (i.e., desync) performance?

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Grinder will conceptually be my favorite deck forever, even if it's underpowered past Overkill difficulty. Blood in, blood out and all that.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
So wait, which armor vest is the best all around choice for anarchist? I wasn't even thinking and just naturally assumed it would be the heaviest choice.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012

TheObserver posted:

I can see a mission where the group is roped into doing work for the C.I.A (Central Interrogation Agency, maybe?) to track down the warheads stolen during Meltdown.

Track the warheads down and dispose of them for the CIA...except we don't really dispose of them, we make them think we did. We give Vlad the nukes so he can resell them.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
The new revolver is cool. Visually, I mean. Statistically it isn't anything special, same in akimbo. But I *do* love using them regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
It got nuked.

Someone have a damage calculator? I want to see how Beserker is affecting weapons. Alternatively, a damage formula would work too, not shy with math.