Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

D_Smart posted:

It's coming to Steam? Oh really. No way that ends well.

Once you're done with Star Citizen can you go on a jihad against PGI tia~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Anticheese posted:

PGI support is honestly really good and has been one of the most consistently great parts of the company in my experience. When in doubt, contact support@mwomercs.com

I can't wait to play with goons more often again.

I see someone didn't have to go through the bullshit to get a Penix refund, or shamefully choose not to

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Kazvall posted:

Everyone should install to witness the peak and own steam noobs then witness the downfall through bad press, bad pr, and general schadenfreude.

Yes, let's all do our part to help maximize the success of PGI's desperate cash grab attempt and prolong the death of this game

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Anita Dickinme posted:

If anything, logging in and jumping into matches costs them money. :shrug:

It's amazing to me that people somehow think this is true in the era of in app/game/f2p purchases

WebDO fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Dec 6, 2015

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Number19 posted:

The launchers are getting fixed with the rescale pass on the Catapult

They aren't broken though, this is a ~design decision~ brought to you by Paul and co.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Raged posted:

Still a bad game by a poo poo developer.

Both an excellent thread title for here and review for steam

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

People sure are working very hard already to prevent any threat to PGI's cash grab

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Willfrey posted:

Is the mwo section of goonrathi very active? I never registered there

It's as active as the game is good

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

WarLocke posted:

Oh I know, I can't wait for a proper (ie, turnbased) BT game, but a cockpit stompy robot game is its own niche that we could use another one of. :downsgun:

Just use PGI assets and pull a MW4 and use a bunch of FMV of dudes in space-1980s gear. :black101:

Pretty much the best thing that could happen for MWO is someone else just taking over, which is what makes this whole situation so sad. Hell, firing two people may be all it takes if 19 is the rule and not the exception at the company.

But hey, the heat death of the universe will happen first, so

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

crowbb posted:

I think I might have to play this.

Even since the Battletech Kickstarter I have been in the mood to play a BT game again. I have pretty much played them all, including shooting Atlas butts with a Jenner back in the old AOL game a million years ago. I did give MWO a shot a long time ago and it felt like everything could absorb a ridiculous amount of punishment, far more than the tabletop rules permit. I found that a bit weird. Is it still like that? I loaded up the Steam version yesterday and played some tutorials and it didn't seem as bad when I did that wave attack mode. Things went down after a reasonable amount of hits. I have yet to fight a real battle or spend any of my c-bills though. I'm just poking around for now.

The primary problem is that this isn't a BT game, it's a Tetris funding simulator

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Alchenar posted:

PGI have just dug themselves a hole with monetisation though because if they adopt a price plan more like War Thunder (what I'd call the gold standard right now) then the backlash from the whales will be immense.

PGI has never given a poo poo about people once they have their money though. See: the founders.

Not that they'd do it, because it's 1) a good business decision and 2) something that would be nice for the player base (that is dumb enough to give PGI money)

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Fil5000 posted:

Stupid as they are, gold mechs also include the masakari pack (I. E. 3 of each first wave clan mech including one prime variant with a cbill bonus, as well as some premium time and other doodads). You're only really paying 260ish for your gold skin, so it's a MOTHER loving BARGAIN

Remind me again: how long did players have to lobby before PGI caved and made this concession? As I'm sure you recall, the original $500 pack was just for the gold mech.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Drakes posted:

Easy event but poor rewards, can't even buy a mechbay with that MC.

The other difference between WT and WoT/PGI - WT gives out premiums all the time. And not just intro-level or anything.

And this is on top of the mechanic where you can get premium currency in game for winning squadron battles or golden battle wagers.

PGI never got the memo that part of the way to hook people to F2P/IAP games is to give a small trickle of premium currency for playing the game even outside of special events. Oh well.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

That Italian Guy posted:

I guess PGI knows their whales better than I do...I'm just sad I can't drop :10bux: and get a mastery package. I would do that multiple time, without issues, just for the 3 bots+3bays....but I will never spend 3 times that amount. I can get an AAA game on Kinguin with that kind of money.

You should never give PGI money

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Number19 posted:

I guess the teaser was a bit too vague. There will be a live stream with prize giveaways a bit later on today.

Can one of the prizes be firing Paul and Russ thanks in advance

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

That Italian Guy posted:

I'm going to give PGI money, it's a Christmas Miracle!

I'm planning on getting a 30bux MC package and buy:
ACH-Prime(C) 3870 - 50% = 1935 MC
SCR-Prime(C) 5565 - 50% = 2782 MC
TBR-C(C) 7590 - 50% = 3795 MC
TOTAL: 8512 MC

With the MCs I have already, I'm going to be left with 1003 MCs.

You should invest in Star Citizen, you're really good with financial decisions

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Alchenar posted:

IF YOU HAD OLD INFORMATION THEN IT WASN'T 'ALWAYS' GOING TO STAY IN, YOU DECIDED TO TAKE IT OUT AND THEN YOU CHANGED YOUR MIND

:laugh: and you guys are giving these clowns money again

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I thought it was bad when you spineless nerds caved and started giving PGI money again, but holy poo poo now you're becoming pubbie shitlers replete with infighting in a game that still has no meaningful group play of any kind.

:allears: vs :psythulu:, I honestly don't even know anymore

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Random Number posted:

Allow me to paint a picture for you all. I'm in my Pirate's Bane. A locust with 4spl, ecm, and a big rear end engine. It is very short and runs very fast. Some goons and I drop in a group and we get forest colony. Against 228 or sjr or lord, I can't remember.

Anyway, I get a water spawn point and I'm running towards a map edge where no one would ever go, and about half a map square before the map edge a mech hits me dead CT from extreme range. I survive and type "HMM THAT'S NOT SUSPICIOUS AT ALL!" Only to accidentally run out of bounds and explode because mech fast.

A match or two later I'm on frozen city night with the same goons in a Cent-D with a big engine, lbx-10, and 2 mpl. Again we drop against 228/Lord/sjr or whoever. I pop into Jenner alley and run allll the way to the low city side where there's a divot surround by cliffs on 3 sides. The enemy never saw me.

I wait until 10:00 and then go to suicide and as soon as I move out into the open a grasshopper rounds the corner and starts shooting me. He's losing the fight and a black knight rounds the corner and CTs me from 600m while I'm twisting and cuddling this grasshopper.

This question is mostly for #19, are pgi working on a way to detect and flag accounts that use Helios? Because it's really ruining the gently caress out of the only fun part of this game, the shooting mechs part.

Excuse me, but they banned the one and only person using cheats ages ago :colbert:

Perhaps you're experiencing Ghost Cheat

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

ZenVulgarity posted:

So one guy said they can't refund mechs after two weeks of talking and someone else does it on one day

What

And yet you guys still give these clowns money :allears:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Number19 posted:

As Russ said last night, the cheat tool website itself states that we successfully detected them, back when people got banned for it last year. I don't know now much more you need than that. We're not going to publish more details on how they were detected because that gives away more information to your opponent which is a bad idea in a cat and mouse game.

:allears:

So either you can detect cheaters but didn't all this time because it hurts your bottom line, or Russ's tweets hold the same truth value as ever

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Bolow posted:

You're a loving idiot

:eng99: my precious feelings

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Coolwhoami posted:

He's right though, sorry.

I'm sorry it upsets you that I've implied Russ is an idiot, and that it's laughable that they claim they've been able to detect cheaters for over a year but haven't done anything about them because reasons

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

teepo posted:

i bet webdo feels like a badass 24/7

Sadly I can't, I have to sleep sometime

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

armchairyoda posted:

I see where you're coming from. Mebbe the team helios guys all have gold robots and that's why :pgi: has been reluctant to swing a banhammer.

While, honestly, banning cheaters that also have gold robots is the pinnacle of "cool things to do". :pgi: gets ::10bux: x 50, we see less gold whales that need to be legged because they're blue. Everyone wins.

Careful friend, this kind of logical and analytical thinking is sedition in this thread apparently. God forbid you think to ask why :pgi: hasn't done anything to patch the vulnerability if they've known about it all this time :ohdear:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Wow, you guys got really upset that I called the poo poo devs of this game poo poo. You sure showed me that :pgi: has the player's interest from the start. Oh, wait

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Random Number posted:

The thread's gone native D med. Abandon all hope.

E:I bought marauders :(

It's like these guys are looking for an echo chamber and forgot Reddit exists

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

TeeMerk posted:

are you reverse Heffay? Asking for a friend.

Hmm. Reverse Heffay? Well, I guess so.

I'm not blindly adherent to PGI's claims, I have enough self respect to not give the company money, I don't accept things Russ tweets as if they were facts, I'm a goon, I play other games that are actually good, and I don't have to try really hard to get stupid people really upset at my posts on the internet, and I'm not objectively wrong when I post.

I think the only way in which I'm not the inverse Heffay is that I'm actually sad goons get this mad about a bad video game :allears:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Bait and Swatch posted:

The devs of this game were poo poo three years ago, and remain poo poo. You are a dumbass who is fervently wishing for a fever dream conspiracy. Hope that put everything in context for you.

It amuses me that you can be a good poster in the star citizen thread but lack any insight whatsoever in this one

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Bait and Swatch posted:

I am a poo poo poster in the SC thread. If you followed my example and did that in this one, you would be more entertaining and make more sense. As is, you are on the same level as Alex Jones whining about society ignoring chemtrails.

I'm the guy so right that a quadruple post will vindicate me

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Elliotw2 posted:

we're not blindly adherent to tweets, you're a moron and grasping at straws, hth
Your inability to read into context is amazing, this was never my claim.

Guys for real, I get it. I made you suffer cognitive dissonance and it hurts but you'll be OK

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

DancingShade posted:

You are grand master puppermaster S-Grade A-Ok super correct.

Please teach me the ways of the force sensei.

I seriously don't get it. I state how I'm not the opposite of an individual. An overly sensitive idiot quotes me and claims he isn't a thing I mentioned and therefore I'm wrong (I didn't claim he was said thing). Somehow pointing out lack of reading comprehension is now the puppet master defense? :allears:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Random Number posted:

D med is kinda right. Pgi has burned us so many times with bad decisions they don't really deserve praise for finally closing in on the pulse of the community after 4 years.

They've put lipstick, a wig, a dress and high heels on this pig but it's still gonna roll in poo poo the second it gets a chance.

I'm the poster child for double-think in this thread though :smith:

It's OK buddy I still love you and the thread still delivers laughs since ReacharoundHPG now posts from within the forums

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I do appreciate the case in point image meme.

Oh, for the days when we murdered folks in WoT :allears:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Banano posted:

when is your company going to ban the huge number of people that you acknowledge are cheating in your game

:eyepoop:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

ZombyDog posted:

That's a big negatory, hence people getting short about the topic. The assumption seems to be, if it's going to happen it would have happened by now, that the whole cheat detection is just smoke an mirrors and the last ban wave was due to cheaters being really blatant and streaming themselves during a tourney and not to any actual detection algorithm.

It's almost like I'm clairvoyant about :pgi:

I wish I didn't have this super power

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Raged posted:

Ban Wave: sensitive subject, bunch of bullshit blahhhhh blahhhhh. MWO is as full proof as any other game. Our game is hard to cheat in. We do better than other game devs.

Blahhh blahh blahhh blahhh. Very few cheaters in MWO. Less than you realise. We have certain tech that tells us this. Less than 1 percent. A couple dozen.

Some players have not logged since announcement. We may only ban 1 or 2 people at a time and not do a name and shame list.

:smaug:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I can't believe I'm actually going to do something that isn't shitposting in this thread but a lot of you have gone way off the deep end and are unironically begging them to remove the ability to aim in an FPS game so here's a good article from years ago that probably would fix tons of problems in this shitheap of a game and is likely still relevant:

https://www.themittani.com/features/mwo-suggestions-good-bad-and-ugly

Enjoy Ghost Heat 2.0, whatever it is it's going to be amazing(ly bad), and boy I hope those of you still stupid enough to spend money on this game feel the value now :allears:.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Washout posted:

No, I'm saying they are a bunch of lovely game designers who can't even cleave to anything they are saying.

And yet you guys still give them money and content for the whales :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

A Curvy Goonette posted:

lmao is this poo poo real

we've been loyal kurita for like a year and a half

how the gently caress is this company making money

Because you people are stupid enough to keep giving it to them?

Props to my boy reminding me this thread still exists and you guys are still keeping PGI afloat with your poor life decisions :homebrew:

• Locked thread