Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Insect Court posted:

This sort of comment helps to demonstrate just how divorced from reality the extremist anti-Zionist fringe truly is. Would you like me to project out population growth in the Gaza Strip and West Bank to show you how absurd an idea that is? Are you honestly ignorant that the Palestinian Territories have some of the highest population growth rates in the world? Gaza's last year was 2.91%, the 13th highest in the world. Does collision with reality alter your opinion whatsoever, or will you assert this is evidence that the Zionists are just sitting back and letting the Palestinian population expand so there will be more to slaughter in the future?

On a related note, this seems as good a place as any to introduce Robert Wistrich's theory that one of the hallmarks of ideological 'new antisemitism' is the rhetorical equation of Zionism with Nazism.

http://www.jcpa.org/phas/phas-wistrich-f04.htm

I admit I find the argument somewhat compelling.

If two people formed a country and had a kid they'd have a 50% growth rate for that year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Have you ever posted sober?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

MrNemo posted:

At the very least, whether it's this guy or Jewish settlers who burned down a house full of Arabs, I find it pretty loving horrifying that Israel feels it's perfectly fine to hold people without charge and also deny them access to a lawyer.

Edit: I should make it clear I find it disturbing that the PA do that too, if they do that.
Double edit: I should also add before TIC or someone accuses me of racism or being bigoted against people from the Levant, that I find it disturbing that this happens in the People's Republic of China. Just so you can rest assured that I'm not a pro-PRC anti-Levantist who is only here to downplay the humanity of those in that area compared to everyone else around the globe.

So you're a Zimbabwe defender then. We should have known.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Nevvy Z posted:

Well, not ALL Israelis.

most Israelis don't get a chance to slaughter

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

So Israel sneakily popped mutes in the Ethiopians' trumpets?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

SedanChair posted:

Are you saying hearing loss is good? :colbert:

It is when there's muted trumpets around.

Sorry, that's not a metaphor.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Note that the one stated opinion, ie that Jews did 9/11 and ISIS, has nothing to do with Israel, and furthermore gently caress off you disingenuous shitstain.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Insect Court posted:

I'm sorry, is this a 'antisemitism has nothing whatsoever to do with Israel, how could anyone think that?' post? Or just a meltdown?

You'll have to clarify, it's hard to distinguish between all the bad faith non sequiturs made to avoid having to address legitimate issues ands important news stories that I mention.

gently caress off and get out you apartheid-defending scumbag.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Don't engage with the single biggest argument in favour of antisemitism itt, just tell him to gently caress off and move on with your life.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

SedanChair posted:

Oh poo poo you just said there are arguments in favor of antisemitism! Don't get struck by TIC's windmilling arms.

The only one of something is by definition the biggest, but ofc he doesn't need that to manage it because he is a massive fuckstick

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mag-loving-nificent.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm the bike horn

E: well this was a good way to start a new page

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

He's saying it's Americans and he's right.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Insect Court posted:

Kind of a no-brainer why that's objectionable, but the broader point of the article is that while utterly blatant acts of antisemitism are (sometimes) declaimed by campus organizations there's a willful blindness towards antisemitism in general and anti-Zionism masquerading in antisemitism in particular, like the same Oberlin student body that found sushi in the cafeteria 'problematic' not having much of a problem with a professor who accused Jews of stealing organs.

It is said that the best way to discredit something is to argue for it badly. By ypur own logic, antizionism = antisemitism, you are the moral equivalent of a Nazi, get the gently caress out.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Insect Court posted:

My mistake, although Puar's presentation was delivered at Vassar.

I don't think I have to point out the fatuousness of suggesting that anything short of explicitly claiming that Jews as a group steal the organs of non-Jews can't be antisemitic. It's just as ridiculous as implying that the Willie Horton ad wasn't racist, because it didn't claim that all black men want to rape all white women.

Not all antizionism is antisemitic, but some is, and there are some antisemites who attempt to portray themselves as being merely antizionist. You, for example. At least, I assume you're not comfortable with self-identifying as an antisemite.

Pretty sure the only negative opinion I've expressed in this thread is about you, because you should get the gently caress out.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Insect Court posted:

This is deep into "you lie-berals are the real racists, we conservatives don't even see race!" territory. Do you really not see how even if you begin with what is a factual occurrence(a single Israeli medical examiner is found to have removed and sold tissue and organs from bodies in his morgue, including those of both Palestinians and IDF soldiers), by contextualizing and presenting it in a way that is reminiscent of what are unquestionably antisemitic slurs("The IDF kidnaps and kills Palestinians for their organs!") even if you don't literally reiterate the same slur("Israeli Jews kidnap Christian children to drain them of their blood and perform their fiendish rituals!")?

Seems an eminently reasonable conclusion, assuming one isn't working off a "I don't see a swastika tattoo, therefore not antisemitic" sort of standard.

Right yeah thanks, I think I forgot to clarify that what with getting probied. What I was saying there was that if Hitler had won, we wouldn't have to put up with your posting. Now gently caress off.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

uninterrupted posted:

dude.

like, on top of everything else, TIC isn't even jewish.

Well I didn't know that at the time.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Maoist Pussy posted:

You can criticize things all you like, but when you start talking about the destruction of a nation founded to protect the Jewish people, then you are talking about genocide.

Er.

I mean.

Often true, yes, but not actually the same thing unless every Jew in the world moved to Israel while I wasn't looking.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

"Some anti-Zionists are anti-semites hiding behind inaccurate language" does not imply "all anti-Zionism is anti-semitism". Repeat ten times a day until the urge to post subsides.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

quote:

‘kibinimat’, meaning in Hebrew ‘a remote place to be used as destination for annoying people’

A gulag?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You know she got that from Norman Finkelstein's website, right? And he put it there cause someone sent it to him and he thought it was hilarious.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kim Jong Il posted:

No, I believe that promising to remove group A and replace them with group B is ethnic cleansing.

Promising to do a thing is nothing at all. Perhaps you mean actually removing group A and replacing it with group B is ethnic cleansing? Cause someone's doing that right now.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Checkmate, antisemites :smuggo:

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

"Makor Rishon", a settler propaganda rag financed by Sheldon Edelson, just came out with their "People of the Year" edition and lookie here who they chose to place on the cover:

Who?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

LeoMarr posted:

Why havent Muslim Countries actively voiced to Hamas that they want them to quit terrorism as a political tactic?

Hey LeoMarr as a fellow SA poster and brother in arms in the struggle against the database not being full, I'd like to ask you to stop using intentional logical fallacies as a posting tactic.

But you won't, will you, so I'm just wasting everyone's time.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

If they hang on for just five years it won't be millions of people any more though.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Please remove the ones posting in bad faith.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You could be making a philosophical argument like if you cut off your arm you're not really in the same form as you were a few minutes ago and if that's the case then sure, Israel in the form of an apartheid state can gently caress off.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dead Reckoning posted:

Is the rest of your post trying to argue that oppressed people lack agency

This is the generally accepted definition of oppression as I understand it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Kim Jong Il posted:

Netanyahu being indicted will be fantastic for Israel, Palestinians, the peace process, and the two state solution. It'll be a loss for racist, irredentist pieces of garbage and fans of ethnic cleansing on both sides who can go back to mutually hoping fascists like Trump and Le Pen get elected to "blow up the system."

what is this trash fire of a post supposed to be saying

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Someone hasn't been keeping up with Israeli politics, and doesn't realize that there are equally and arguably shittier leaders ready to take he helm as soon as Bibi is taken out of the picture.

I see, but what's that other idiot trying to say

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

What are words, really?

Pretty sure that dude would struggle with an answer tbqh

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

emanresu tnuocca posted:

There's info here - https://www.quora.com/What-material...shipped-to-Gaza

Urine can be used in the process of making an oxidizer but many Hamas rockets are not quite the low-tech homemade affair they're often presented as in certain circles. In general I'm pretty sure the homemade Qassam rockets are made with fertilizers, I don't know if urine is really a part of it or not.

They were told to "junk 'em" and someone misheard.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Polygynous posted:

I wonder what the new "obstacle to peace" will be if they go through with it.

Probably the fact that it was ever in there at any time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Flowers For Algeria posted:

Hamas changing its charter, elections in Palestine, various scandals and everyday violence in Israel: 0,5 posts a day

Avshalom getting perma'd: 12 immediate responses

Goons know what's truly important in life.