Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

OxMan posted:

RE: durability: My launch vita went through a full wash cycle.

I nearly fainted reading this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Anora posted:

Is Delta the same as the one that just says "Soul Sacrifice"?

I played SS up to level 50 or so, then bought SSD as a reward for gaming discipline and transferred my saves over.

SSD is so much better in so many subtle ways. Example: Getting immediate payoffs for sacrificing/saving enemies in combat is huge. It speeds up combat significantly since you're not forced to be miserly with your ammo, or spend time wandering around looking for refill spots. It rewards you for doing things you'd probably already be doing. Adding in factions, so that you're encouraged to focus on saving vs sacrificing, makes it feel rewarding to build up a character and makes your choices in combat feel meaningful. It's like the original SS was released halfway through development.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

kharaa posted:

poo poo what am I saying, it's kanji

Yes

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Wow at how active the Killzone Mercenary multiplayer servers still are. I jumped into a full lobby in less than a minute.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Please stop talking about Tactics Ogre. Every time I download that game I can't get anything done for days.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

NESguerilla posted:

Couple of noob questions about SSD.

4. Does the game open up and start giving you more than one thing to do after a while? I just got to the part where you kill your partner.

FYI when you start doing Sorcerous Deeds and get introduced to the factions, you need to do the first few faction quests in the order they become available. This confused me for a while because I wanted to get going on Avalon quests and it wouldn't let me.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I'm still jumping into Killzone lobbies in less than a minute this is great

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Couldn't find any Killzone Mercenary matches tonight :saddowns:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Killzone queues are still pretty busy~

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Killzone queues still hoppin and boppin

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Skullgirls Vita is out after several months of delay :)

Killzone queues still refuse to die

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Helldivers is a perfect multiplayer game and y'all should play it if you haven't.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

SpacePig posted:

There's also Valkyria Chronicles 2, but only get that one if you really, really like VC1 because it can be stupid and frustrating at times, and I think I'm basically the only one in this thread that actually enjoyed playing it.

VC2 has great gameplay but the certificate grinding is complete bullshit. If you can ace a mission once or twice with a character, they should get an upgrade. People are going to put your stupid game down if they go through the same mission six or seven times and tick off all the checkboxes and get nothing in return because the RNG is feeling feisty today. It really sucks because the rest of the game is so polished (vestigial "crafting" system that lets you make poison bullets I guess? aside).

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
I took the plunge on Skullgirls and what a previous poster said is correct: the resolution makes everything kinda blurry. They didn't mention the load times, oh god the load times, but I've seen worse. So I'll take the plunge on Risk of Rain.

Risk of Rain is 81 MB :toot:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Trip report: Risk of Rain plays just fine. No regrets paying :10bux: for this. It's got a Spelunky thing going on where it's almost more enjoyable on a portable because the gameplay is geared for satisfying short bursts.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Saoshyant posted:

Tactics Ogre takes 1.1 GB of space.

Worth it, I think. I burned a lot of hours on that game.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Takoluka posted:

Real answer: EDF2

EDF! EDF!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Am I supposed to buy God Eater because i've become resigned to the fact that Monster Hunter is never coming to Vita in a proper way?

I mean, I'll do it.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

teethgrinder posted:

Dracula X is an absolute steal at $2.

Yep. Frankly the updated Rondo of Blood is worth more than $2 on its own. If anybody picks this up, can't play SotN until you find a secret item in the main game mode (updated RoB), so look that up in a FAQ. It takes like 10-15 minutes. They kind of dangle it in front of you but I can see people missing it.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

thorsilver posted:

Oh and it doesn't matter about 11 people online or whatever, all online missions are playable with the AI characters, who are significantly more skilled and reliable than any actual random humans I've played with. A massive improvement over MH, IMO, where you either have to find a group to play with or struggle with idiot randoms or solo monsters in multiplayer quests that are balanced for 4 people and thus take forever to kill.

Interesting. I love MH but I'll give this a shot (assuming I can peel myself away from Helldivers for a few seconds).

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Saint Freak posted:

They're trading cards. You trade them with others. There's all kinds like baseball players and comic characters and hockeymans. I used to have a bunch of DESERT STORM ones.

Same. I had a bunch of SCUD Missile cards. Feels bad to open a pack of Desert Storm cards and see yet another grainy picture of a SCUD Missile staring back, let me tell you.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Light Gun Man posted:

Yeah "fun" might not be a powerful enough word I for EDF I guess.

How about EDF EDF EDF?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Policenaut posted:

IT IS THE YEAR 2016 AND WE ARE GETTING A loving MAIN SERIES SUPER ROBOT WARS GAME IN ENGLISH

BULLSHIT

OHLY gently caress :pusheen:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Hocus Pocus posted:

Does anyone have any recommendations of games they like to play while listening to podcasts?

I like to harvest stuff on MHFU :corsair:

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Started playing Myst on my Vita recently. It's kinda crazy how engrossing it is for a Powerpoint presentation. Was hoping they'd announce Riven for Vita at E3 this year oh well.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

D) You can't gay date Yusuke.
Goddammit. Not being able to date Kanji was a black mark on P4. You're killing me Atlus!

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

today i bought some compressed air and tried to remedy the issue with my left stick ghost-pressing up. now it only does it a third as much. my stupid anime handheld will live forever.

I'm struggling with this too, it's annoying as hell. Had the same problem with my PSP a while ago. These loving analog sticks man.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

SylvainMustach posted:

Also, how's valkyria chronicles 2?

Fun and nice to look at for a while, fumbles the pass when you reach higher difficulties and unlocking classes becomes important because class upgrades are RNG dependent. It becomes a genuinely unpleasant experience. I can think of worse ways to spend $10 but I couldn't get more than 15-20 hours of fun out of it.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Dehry posted:

Persona 4 Golden and Dancing All Night are probably going to be the thing it's remembered for, save a PS4 remaster.

Killzone Mercenary and Gravity Rush if the world has any decency left in it it doesn't

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
What's the best Miku game on the Vita?

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Saoshyant posted:

All of them!

But if only picking one, probably Diva F2.

U-DO Burger posted:

this, they're all good, but I enjoyed Diva F 2nd the most

Thanks! I'll give F 2nd a shot

My fav Vita game is PS4 Remote Play, although I can't figure out how to unlink an existing PS4. Was extremely loving surprised when I started the link and it booted up my PS4 from several hundred miles away.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
idk now that it's broken open people are doing all kinds of poo poo. They release a new Android ported game like every week lately. Someone got remote play working for AMD gaming PCs.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Are there *any* sub $200 handhelds that run decent SNES emulation? That always seems to be a sticking point. One of my earlier memories is being disappointed in SNES emulation on my IBM Aptiva E

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

preach it brother

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
The L/R buttons on the back weird me out. Love this poo poo though:

That's an Ethernet port. Where has this functionality been all my life?

Edit sorry for the derail I mixed this up with the retro handheld thread. Vita wise I picked up Jet Set Radio the other day and I'm having a really loving hard time with it. The controls are at once too floaty and too precise, I can't even unlock Garam. The timer in Street levels is a serious bummer. I just want to explore these awesome environments and the game is pushing me out the door. Might give up on this and surprised it was so well received.

Marx Headroom fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Mar 25, 2021

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
Rubber band is my goto for stripped screws, that ballpoint pen idea is super neat though

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
There's a straight remap kernel plugin with profiles and stuff too

https://github.com/MERLev/reVita

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
VitaDB browser app to streamline installation
PKGj for all your legally acquired backup needs
Adrenaline for PSP emulation
VitaShell for system utilities (although you should already have this if you installed CFW)
reVita for button remaps
SaveMgr for sane save management

Can't think of any other must haves off the top of my head

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib
They're just content servers for chrissake how expensive can that possibly be

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

Fallen Rib

Not sure formersonydude is completely on the ball here