Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

eve online? that game is soooo last year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

marlona spy please stop betraying us

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Dalael posted:

I'm going to call you full of poo poo. I've been with one alliance or another in the CFC Imperium for a few years now. Recently joined goonswarm itself and never have I felt forced to do anything, or never was I dragged to a big fleet fight. You can do pretty much what you want and depending what alliance you're in, have a few paplinks to click once in a while.

Hence your whole argument is bullshit when it come to, "But its important :qq:"

And your claim that you can't do this kind of poo poo in GSF, is complete and utter bullshit. You know nothing Jon snow dumbass.

balistafreak posted:

Read the replies. Went to go shoot things with my GSF friend ("friend") who fed me all this crap. Turns out he'd been using "oh man I HAVE to go on this GSF thing today/this evening/this weekend" as an excuse to gently caress off and do serious real life things, because for some reason he got the idea that I wouldn't understand him having a life, because for some reason being a functional adult and doing things like job interviews, classes, and going out with girls is something shameful. For more than three years. He didn't want me to join GSF because he got the impression I'd stop the highsec scamming business to "join him" and he liked doing that more than GSF fleets with his EVE time, which I don't doubt.

He'd basically led me to believe he was some low level FC/whatever and was constantly "on the clock", when in reality all he does is shitpost all the time and welp the occasional (reimbursed) ship.

I am now slightly irate with him, to put things lightly. Can't trust goons IRL either, apparently. If I had a dumbass opinion, it's because I've been getting lied to my face by a friend I trusted for years. Well, that makes it sound more serious than it is.

inb4 "why did you trust a goon"

:phoneb::phoneline::phone:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

mehall posted:

So how viable is ratting for plex now?
The coat of pled seems to have grown hugely since I last played, and I don't have much spare income right now, but with this war going on I'm considering re-subbing.

Eonwe please answer this question, thanks

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Garmann posted:

Wait, are we fighting a defensive war? I might have to reactivate for that, be a shame to break my winning streak but poo poo, I think I parked my mach way down south... what are we even using these days?

sell it and buy another machariel, they are our mainline ship these days.

also, im posting in the trap evethread again, help

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

that would definitely be BSG

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

fryorama posted:

I want to come back to play. How do I do it boyzz?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3770359&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

just read the first and second posts and nothing more

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Eonwe posted:

How the gently caress do you guys not like fish tacos

What kind of poo poo tacos are you eating

Eonwe posted:

poo poo tacos

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

mac and cheese with sambal oelek is delicious and great at clearing out your sinuses

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

my go-to burger for when i'm feeling fat and want to feel fatter is the juicy lucy

basically, form 2 thin but wide patties (diced raw onion in the meat, 1 egg, worcestershire, dash of A1 steaksauce or ketchup, some panko breadcrumbs to soak it all up) and pile on some thinly sliced cheddar onto one patty, and stick the other on top, seal the edges, grill on low-to-medium and wait for the cheese to start seeping out, and that's how you know it's done

be careful, that first bite can unleash a massive landslide of molten cheese down your chin if you aren't careful

also, for the normal burger, seriously find some of this, i absolutely love it and i don't know why: http://www.amazon.com/Famous-Daves-Seasoning-Burger-8-25-Ounce/dp/B004H4LJSM

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

VideoGames posted:

I didn't realise there was a second thread that was very chill! Hello friends.

I think if I continue to have as much fun during all the days of the trial I play then I will buy month after wards!

You might have enough isk by now to purchase a PLEX with it - if you're going to stick to mining with Ventures for a while, you shouldn't feel guilty about spending your billion+ on 30 days of gametime - especially with how little Ventures end up costing.

If you do decide to go for a proper mining barge, which can benefit from those glorious strip miners you were talking about in the other thread, they do begin to get a little costly however!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

NotTheProgurt posted:

It's gonna come back, all the people who were goons because it was easy will leave. I signed up for GSF when I came back to the game because I remembered them as crazy raiders, and I'd be happy if we had no sov and were just burning everything.

Miniluv and CODE are already doing that, but a few thousand angry bees killing poo poo in highsec would be glorious. No sov, nowhere to find us or camp us.

wardeccers would have a field day with us

the way to do it would be we would all drop our corp, stay in our NPC corps, and essentially become spectrefleet

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Red Crown posted:

emote-fu is The Terrible Secret of Space Jabber

Glad to hear I didn't drive everyone insane :hf:

redcrown when i was 2 or 3 days into my initial eve trial, i was told to get down to 0-W immediately, and ended up in some free frigates with you leading a domi station camp when the bad guys tried to make a break for it, and for some reason I had fit a remote sebo onto my free maulus and was trying to rsebo you but ended up damping you instead and you screamed my name over comms and i felt awful about it for months because i thought you would kick me from GSF because i did it

thats my redcrown story!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Unfunny Poster posted:

BAT gets nothing. You're a bunch of thieves and mentally deranged lunatics.

thought this was the chill thread, that joke isn't a very chill joke

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

his name was oodles anneto

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

If only there was an encyclopedia with articles regarding it, oh well

wait! i found one

http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=128
http://forums.somethingawful.com/dictionary.php?act=3&topicid=408

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Thatim posted:

Yes most def.

Is there some sort of incursion or wormhole community for alts? I am running public incursions on an alt, but those voice comms are killing me. The other day a women said something on TS and everyone went just.. Yea.

Foehammer007 posted:

Yeah.. there isn't really incursions 4 goons anymore. They had some null sec SIG but I doubt its done anything since the war, and it wasn't doing anything when I was still in GSF. There is hole squad for wormholes, but you have to commit fully and they are also in GSF, so if you are looking to be outside of the group :shrug:

Pubbie lyfe.

Incursionsig is running the highsec incursion close to saranen this week, just yesterday we lost a nightmare and two scimitars to CONCORD!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

the post right above yours is super chill, it balances out the unchill so i approve

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Ben Smash posted:

Guys I'm thinking of starting a new goons schism alliance "NO MARTINIS [TMDC]"

Right now we only have two corps

Smash Investments and Poor Decisions [GILA.] - Holding Corp (defunct)
Drunk Driving on a Wednesday [WEDS.] - Hauling Corp (defunct)

Who's down?

please invite my corp The Dankest Chimichangas Ever

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

after i finished moving all of my deklein stash down to jita, i make all my isk from market trading, tax that, rear end in a top hat

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

just kidding, i haven't logged in for over a week

mods, please change the stylesheet of this thread to BYOBs stylesheet, and the stylesheet of the main thread to FYADs stylesheet so that I can differentiate the different threads or else I might accidentally call someone an rear end in a top hat in the chill thread again, my apologies

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

DigitalDud posted:

So I was flying around in a travel-fit interceptor going from gate to gate and somehow managed to die to a gate camp who locked and tackled me before I warped.

This is with a sub-2 second align time. Everyone says these fits are uncatchable but are they really? I don't think I fat fingered the wrong button this time so trying to work out what happened.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/53571905/

that gatecamp has been pretty decent over the past 2 weeks at catching insta-warp ceptors, I think it's remote sebo's and the daredevil pilot, do you remember who got initial point on you first?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

CommonShore posted:

It'd be the svipul.

All the svipul losses have at most 1 sebo, so I wasn't expecting that

DigitalDud posted:

Not sure but my hunch is it's this guy https://zkillboard.com/kill/53429783/.

now that definitely looks like the culprit, as does https://zkillboard.com/kill/48306687/

Otacon fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Apr 27, 2016

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Jon Von Anchovi posted:

taht graphic is for meta stabs but still, your fit is very touch and go. what level SC do you have? also for a raptor with only 3 lows this is why i always use an agility rig

Altran posted:

Just slap shield extenders in the mids, 3 i-stab in lows, 1 warp stab if you have 1 slot left, fill rig slots with warp speed. The info graphic is incomplete, at least male and stiletto can get sub 2.0s align time, no idea why they are not listed there. Male is the best in my opinion, enough mid for smarty and arty tank, enough lows for either cargo expander or warp stab, highest init cargo hold, looks the best.

Yeah thats a lovely old one, I created a new one and stuck it on the goon wiki

ares master race

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Libluini posted:

Isn't that table missing the Crow? Is the Crow too bad to even bother with?

Crow only has 2 lowslots, but you can do it: it just takes T2 rigs, dual faction istabs, and mid-grade nomad implants alpha+beta+gamma

AKA, a 600mil isk crow

Otacon fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Apr 27, 2016

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Siets posted:

Some goon showed me his travel interceptor fit. I forget which hull it was, but it was all officer mods, aligned under 2 seconds, and had cruiser-levels of EHP.

Cost: 15 billion ISK. :stonk:

i hope he tries to run through EWOK with that instawarp-ceptor-grabbing gatecamp-gang

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

if you don't like it here, just leave? why would you stick around in a place you don't enjoy just to post logs to re

oh, karma. that's why. i understand now.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

nessin posted:

Speaking of Incursions, does anyone else do them as Logi? I enjoy Logi in nullsec fights, but flying a Basilisk in the incursion fleet was just stressful. The lower numbers and steady incoming DPS mean you spend a lot of time having to be 100% on the ball and since you're dealing with AI instead of players you don't have the buffer that human reactions on the other side gives you in a PvP environment. I might need to inject into a Scimitar because I could mostly handle it until it came to having to manage a spare capacitor transfer and all that entailed.

I flew Scimi for 6-8 months while training up for my nightmare doing mostly Vanguard sites with Goonwaffe's Incursionsig, and during high influence, it definitely can be much more stressful than being in a big tanky 80,000 EHP battleship, which I ended up doing eventually. It can be absolutely nailbiting knowing that you and your scimi-buddy are the only things preventing your friends from dying in stupidly expensive PVE ships to rats. I've also flown both scimi's and basi's in HQs and Kundalini's, which is 200% more stressful, since those big 80,000 EHP battleships actually are at serious risk of dying.

The Basilisks that Incursionsig runs for HQs are actually only 3 reps and 3 cap xfers - two of the cap xfers are for your cap buddies, and the third acts as fleet-cap for when those vindicator's and megathrons are capping themselves out.

Also, Scimitars are super nice for those tracking links.

EDIT: Most stressful thing is FCing incursion sites while flying logi. Combine the normal watching watchlist and repping people who start flashing red with tagging targets in the correct order while not being able to view their current HP to see if people are shooting out of order while also watching intel channels like a hawk and keeping eve-hunt up in the background trying to guess what ships neutrals who come into the system are flying and mashing d-scan while hovering over the fleetwarp button for the safepos.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 03:25 on May 2, 2016

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Elmnt80 posted:

10mn mwd dramiel is possible and is faster iirc.

Thanks to Ambaire below for the fit!

Otacon fucked around with this message at 21:38 on May 12, 2016

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Ambaire posted:

I just tried that using Pyfa, with the 50MN Digital Booster mwd, and it is actually slightly slower; you have to drop the snake omega for a pg booster so it ends up at *only* 11,108m/s. Not to mention you can't bump nearly as well with it.

Edit.

[Dramiel, Dramiel fit]

Navy Micro Auxiliary Power Core

50MN Digital Booster Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II
Cap Recharger II

[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Small Ancillary Current Router II
Small Ancillary Current Router I
Small Ancillary Current Router I

High-grade Snake Alpha
High-grade Snake Beta
High-grade Snake Gamma
High-grade Snake Delta
High-grade Snake Epsilon
Inherent Implants 'Squire' Power Grid Management EG-606
Eifyr and Co. 'Rogue' Evasive Maneuvering EM-706

Edit2: just punted an orca over 100km with the vaga

Forgot about Powercores, thanks for this fit!

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So why exactly have PLEX prices dropped so sharply? Buy orders are now at 865mil. I know it has to do with the latest expansion but I don't understand the market fluctuations.

Ambaire posted:

Speaking of PLEX, I was looking through the buy orders yesterday and how exactly is this explained? Are they npc buy orders? Because even with margin trading, the people placing those would need a few trillion isk to cover them...

https://www.themittani.com/features/plex-wall-incident has your answers

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I barely understand any of this but Market Fuckery is enough of an explanation.

Will the prices gradually go back up or will the new Citadel markets screw with things?

Until those trades get dropped (in about 80 days, or until someone with a trillion isk tries and fails to complete those orders) the market is pretty much locked. Once those low fake buy orders get cycled through, PLEX will likely increase in cost.

At least that's my understanding of what his shenanigans will cause.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

you can update orders

It'd cost him serious isk to do that though

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

contact methods under My Settings - check your user control panel

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

nessin posted:

Is there a tool that will let me pull out selected transactions and total up the sum/loss of those transactions? I know you can copy the data directly out of the journal, but when I paste it into a spreadsheet it comes with isk text and commas, of which I never cared to learn enough about spreadsheets to figure out how to strip easily. Just want to get a total sum of how much I spent on PI goods going into a factory planet so I can have a clear picture of my final profit.

Not that I know of, but using something like notepad++ you can do a mass find+replace function and strip out every "isk" or comma or whatever text you want, replacing or removing it.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

So quick question

My account sub runs out in 2 days. I've got 5 days left on a skill that's training. After how many days will the training queue pause? Is it still 48 hours?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

test killed a revenant???
https://zkillboard.com/kill/54153050/

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Dalael posted:

I'm curious about a thing..

Assuming perfect remap and +5 implants, what is the maximum amount of skillpoint that a character can learn in a month?

2700 SP/hr x 24 hours = 64,800 SP/day
~30 days in a month = 1,944,000 SP/month

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Cobra-Commander posted:

If CCP requires an elite computer hacker with expert knowledge gained from youtube videos, I am willing to work remotely for them. I would also make a great lead game designer. Here are some of my ideas for the future of EvE online.

#1 EvE Gate opens to another dimension, this dimension has advanced species 8472 technology, organic ships. The dimension is inhabited by time keepers, they have the ability to travel back to any point in EvE history and disrupt things.
#2 Tranversal Jump drive, with the advent of species 8472 technology all new hulls have an extra mid slot dedicated to jump drive operation, once a day sub-capitals can activate this jump drive and be randomly sent to eve space,wormhole, or 8472 space, are you daring enough to use it?
#3 With the advent of new technology we've incorporated a new engine with real space sim physics, in this dimension eve turns into EvE Valkyrie, with the ability to control new organic fighters and capital ships to engage the enemy on an entirely new level of twitch based gameplay.
#4 Homeworld carriers, with advances in 4d manufacturing technology you can now build armadas while being mobile, build sub-capital fleets on the move and enjoy an RTS gameplay mechanic within EvE. Fortify your base, and attack your enemies with hundreds of ships at your disposal. Create resource gathering nodes in asteroid fields to help bring building material to your Mothership, setup sentries and mini-structures to defend against enemy ships. No need to spend $19.99 on homeworld, EvE online has now taken competitive RTS gaming to a persistent MMO style of gameplay. Real meaningful PvP where your actions effect the entire multi-verse.
#5 New players need to get hooked onto the action from the beginning, a new tutorial that promotes use of skill injectors should be created, and the first few hours of a new players career should reflect on the quality of the massive battles that are portrayed in the EvE online trailers. For this I want to create a new player instanced mission that is filled with one big NPC, and New Player battle, titans, sub caps, and chaos.
#6 With the advent of homeworld esque changes to the core eve mechanics sovereignty changes will also take place.

Contact me CCP together we can do great things.

how good are you at fiddling with sloppy spaghetti Python code?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

bluegoon posted:

Where do you kill rats, in high/low sec? Do you do those anomalies?

stop trying to get into his head, man

• Locked thread