Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
In the OP it states:

Also be sure to select 'Use Raw Input' in the options. Most operating systems have mouse acceleration turned on by default which will screw with your aim. Having a 1-1 interpretation of your movements is significantly better.

Where can I see if this option is turned on? I can't seem to find these settings within Windows 7.. Also under the motion settings I see a "Enhance Pointer Precision" box, should that be checked?What does that do?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Alighieri posted:

It's in the CSGO setting menu, under mouse/keyboard. When I had my old Logitech I kept it off so I could use the angle snapping their software provided, but new mouse doesn't support that and it was likely a placebo effect anyways.

Hum ok. While in teh game, I feel like my mouse is sluggish. Like I will move my mouse to the right and then to the left and I feel like it is still sluggish and still moving to the right when I move it to the left. Any ideas? Sorry if that didn't make sense.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Alighieri posted:

Is it wireless or wired? Could also just be FPS lag or input lag if you are on a laptop or underpowered computer.

It is wired. And it is an underpowered computer, so I was hoping it was not that.. But I wouldn't doubt it. Thanks!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Alighieri posted:

CSGO is actually heavily dependent on CPU more then GPU when it comes to frame rate, so if your processor is old that is likely going to be cause. Try playing with cl_showfps 1 enabled and when you get the lag you will likely see your FPS dip low. 200-300+ is what most professionals shoot for iirc.

i5-4310U @2.00GHz 2.60GHz
16GB Ram
Intel HD Graphics

On this laptop I average around like 20ish FPS. So I am sure it is that.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Crain posted:

N64 mode for the win.

What resolution is that? Mine definitely needs to look like that. Going to attempt to lower everything else again tonight to hopefully fix it.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Oh man, the days of my CAL and OGL teams.... I thought my 56k latency was poo poo and as soon as Cable internet came around I thought I would be a GOD...

Nope I am still poo poo at this game.

Someone was boasting about how they have been playing CS forever in MM the other day, and I asked if he even had a 6 digit and he had no idea what I was talking about.. Dammit I hate being old...

But anyways... Bring back the WON servers!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Photex posted:

Now that it's just over a month away i'll be working the major in Columbus, any of you goons going?

Me and some buddies got vip tickets. Can't wait!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Playing at GN4 deranked from DMG is ridiculous right now. Whenever I queue with my MGE buddies, they always mention how it seems alot harder than their games... I think it is because of all of the LEM smurfs that derank to play with their friends or I don't know why. But it seems like GN3-4 is just filled with LE/LEM smurfs..

If you want to queue with an old DMG now GN4 add me: Mek and Cheese

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Delicious Meat posted:

MG2 ➡️ GN4 for me, and yeah it feels all over the place. Sometimes I'll carry super hard then next match I'll play better overall but get my poo poo kicked in.

Also I added you and I'm down with queuing up with others. Search for "Delicious Meat" with the 🍖

Sounds good, I will add you back tonight.

illezt posted:

My main deranked from LE to GN4 because of inactivity and rank shift (my smurf is now somehow ranked higher than my main). I forgot how frustrating gold nova games can be, and how annoying it is to get out of them. I keep getting teamed up with people who really really bad, either from being bad or having new accounts or whatever.

I'll add you later tonight if you want to get some queue games in.

Sounds good, I will add you back..

It also doesn't help sometimes I have to play on a lovely laptop / play drunk super late into the night sometimes.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

mcvey posted:

Is my screen broken or is the lighting on the panel hosed.

Thorin's face does look kind of blue. Haha.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

sterster posted:

I assume this means steam web login will also work. I'm @ my work computer so can't install steam but can log in via web.

Don't worry, you didn't get a drop.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Photex posted:

I'm stuck at the airport still waiting to fly into Columbus :negative:

We are driving up tonight. So. MUCH. drinking and video games incoming!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Photex posted:

Starting a long day at Nationwide today, I hope they pipe the BO3s into the arena while we are setting up. It was really hard to not fanboy out when I stepped into the hotel last night, all of VP was hanging out in the lobby, EnvyUs was hanging out the bar and Hiko was walking around.

I am so loving hyped..

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Mukaikubo posted:

ok that looks p. hype

Anyone else an NA around the GNs who is cool queueing with a fresh-minted gn1? Solo queueing kind of hurts my soul already.

Add mek and cheese we play with gns and mges. All have fun and try and win at the same time

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Photex posted:

Who are you with ? I'm on stage so photos are a no no

haha, can't give away the secrets!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Can't wait. Guardian pin opened. Can't wait for the 3 on Sunday..

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Photex posted:

btw Hiko keeps coming out and throwing t-shirts into the crowd, he is actually one of the happiest guys i've seen here, he loves it.

A shirt went right over my head =(

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

xsf421 posted:

This t-shirt cannon is hilariously weak. Barely reaches the concourse level.

Haha, I am in the front row right behind vip. We wanted a table instead of being on the floor

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Photex posted:

they are headset holders, as far as the hair is concerned it looks pretty good considering i took that photo after a 16 hour load in. :v:

I tried to ask if you were protected after I said whats up but you didn't hear me and kept walking =(

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Photex posted:

oh was that you, my bad I was making my way back for the change over :suicide:

Haha no biggie, it's loud as poo poo.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Photex posted:

Is that what that is? We have white noise on stage so I can't hear a lot if the chants

You've been working overtime today!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
They need to have one of these tournys every other month. This is a blast in columbus!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

exethan posted:

How cold is it on stage ?

It is freezing in this arena... Probably doesn't help this is all on ice since it's a hockey rink!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Seeing KittyPlays getting denied into VIP was glorious!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Up Circle posted:

i thought it ws on the sttream :(

why wouldnt you film it

No in person sorry, she was trying to get in behind our row. And I dunno, I was to busy laughing, the security guard didnt understand what she was `famous` for.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

GaylordButts posted:

And then went to warn the other gates in case she tries a different one :D

Haha Barry is the man!

And that is weird, are you sitting next to me or at the gate where Barry went to warn them?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
National Anthem was legit! USA USA!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Can you hear the crowd on the stream?

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Demostrs posted:

i love this ghosting :)

We figured out a hot and cold system 0=)

Sooo much white noise though

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Got 3 pins today, sold each unopened for $75 to other people in line. Paid for my vip ticket easily, thanks disposable income

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

symbolic posted:

Fuuuuuck.

What a bitch, and to think I chanted his name. I hope if he ever makes it back to a major in the US everyone boos him.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

Sweeper posted:

I don't understand smurfing in competitive, go play casual if you want to poo poo on a bunch of bad players without trying

The only time I could even get it, is if you have real life friends that you want to play competitive with, but they are seriously so poo poo at the game they are way to low and you are not allowed to queue with them.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

UWBW posted:

or maybe it's that I play CSGO while tanked but who knows

I usually always play with a slight buzz to totally gone and it usually goes about how you expect...

Then when I play during the day I drop 30 bombs and can't figure out why I am not moving up!

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

ArfJason posted:

why would you ever gimp yourself with voice_enable 0 is beyond me aside from possibly clutch moments

I think surc just gave you examples why? But who knows I'm a lovely MG1

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

symbolic posted:

TIL Brazil is in North America.

They could only dream.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

ArfJason posted:

"The pixels are larger/models are fatter which means its easier to click on the head!!!"

Wouldn't the pixels being larger make them larger are on your screen so you could see? For example on inferno and mid if someone is slow peaking out of mexico toward top of mid, I sometimes don't see them (i am bad) and thought about making my pixels bigger to help me being bad.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Just had to mute my whole team after us going 5-10 on mirage as CTs.. Then me constantly buying my team 1-2aks per round and me with an mp7 with multiple 3v1 won for me and us winning 16-14...

Feels good to dig down and pull out a win with a bunch of mic spamming teamshooting kids on your team.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
Can't wait for the first wave to go down

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

gigawhite posted:

Why do they even put this game on sale anymore. It causes nothing but pain and suffering

Hopefully with Prime MM it won't really matter when they put it on sale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice
This should be a simple question and you would think I would of figured it out by now, but I am poo poo at this game so...

On Mirage who can get to the window faster? CT's or T's? I know it also probably depends on spawns, but normally if someone else shoots the vent out on CT side, who can make it there first? It always seems like when I am on CT I get awped by the T who beat me, and vice versa on T.