Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Game is fun. The shooting while standing still part is a bit tricky to get used to but it's fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

The power of ladder anxiety.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Remora posted:

Wtf is this?

A glance into the enemy's eyes and a nod of understanding after looking at the scoreboard.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Edit: goofballs beat me to it.

Macnult fucked around with this message at 19:10 on May 2, 2016

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

FWIW I hopped into DM earlier and there were a lot of people complaining about having FPS drops lately. Might be something wrong with the game itself.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Famethrowa posted:

overwatch looks like a gimmicky tf2

tf2 being the most gimmicky of games, so lol.

What exactly is the gimmick?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

2.1@400

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Awesome Welles posted:

should I go out to my car to do a quick reading of this and upload it, because I'm tempted to

It's what Gandhi would have wanted.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Photex posted:

If I was a rapist I'd be out of jail, that's how old my VAC ban is

What a great comparison.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Going door-to-door to inform your new neighbors about your VAC ban history. The kids feel uneasy and don't trust you, and the parents are too old to understand.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

I would have went with a temporary tattoo and then taken a few photos with different lighting.

Hindsight is 20/20, I suppose.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Soulex posted:

? Is this not a thing? Happens with coughing too.

Do you have ancestral ties with Chrysippus?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

symbolic posted:

Hate the Galil, though.

:ohdear:
How could you hate such a wonderful gun

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Elman posted:

Is the glock really terrible or should I just get good?

It has really bad damage, accuracy and range compared to the CT pistols and of course its burst fire is 100% useless. As far as I can tell the only thing it's got going for it is higher ammo count.

It's also very accurate when strafing

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

mcvey posted:

loving tryhards trying to communicate rofl Just Open Your Eyes And Play The Game Haha

You playing again or was that relapse just a quick fix?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Xen ranting about how Counter-Strike is broken vs. Fat Lou ranting about how Counter-Strike isn't like some other game

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

saving the bleach bottle for the end leaves the viewer confused imo

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Ozmiander posted:

fitting, because i've always thought about jerking off on to your comatose body.

no

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

This is the mic I own so if you've heard me talk in goonmans hopefully I don't have a lot of background noise

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

canoshiz posted:

Speaking of which, https://www.teamliquidpro.com/news/2016/09/27/wizards-warriors-and-magic-a-strategic-partnership

An investment group headed by the owners of the Warriors/Wizards/other sports teams just bought out Team Liquid.

Who choked harder, Liquid or Golden State?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

ArfJason posted:

well

guess thats enough videogames for a very long time

:eyepop:

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Cobble: If you're not going B, you're losing.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Opal posted:

Can anyone tell me what's with that spastic arm gesture thing the children in the audience were doing? ex https://www.twitch.tv/esl_csgo/v/92748359?t=44m35s

https://youtu.be/8g2KKGgK-0w

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Does sub.io still have the radar bug with smokes?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Necc0 posted:

[*]Your mouse sensitivity is almost definitely too high
    If you're playing with a competent team and you know the map the great majority of enemies should be appearing inside your field of view if not very close or already under your crosshair. Because of this you gain much more by having a low sensitivity, improving your aim in these scenarios, than having a high sensitivity which allows you to respond to being flanked. If this advice seems wrong to you because you're being flanked often enough that keeping a higher sensitivity makes sense, your primary concern should be improving your situational awareness and tactics as that will have a way larger impact on your overall skill. Some goons, including myself, argue that lowering your sensitivity FORCES you to keep your crosshair up and use proper positioning, as you can no longer use insane twitch shooting as a crutch to prop up lazy playing.

Generally you want it to take over ten inches to turn 360 degrees. Yes you read that correctly. Yes your sensitivity is WAY too high.

Also be sure to select 'Use Raw Input' in the options. Most operating systems have mouse acceleration turned on by default which will screw with your aim. Having a 1-1 interpretation of your movements is significantly better.

Use this tool to find out what your 360/sensitivity is: http://www.notalent.org/sensitivity/sensitivity.htm

This is what good crosshair placement looks like:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j45QQadF6fE
    Basically any time you start to feel like you're getting good just come back to this to remind yourself that you're actually a literal baby mashing a keyboard.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

osker posted:

gently caress that, I'll take Maiden over this horse poo poo any day: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBPn6LLxgHw

The real trick is in the editing

greasyhands posted:

I just got back into this game after not playing for a couple of years and holy poo poo is the community the shittiest I've ever encountered. Do you just have to get to prime to get away from the complete grief nonsense?

Prime definitely helps, but the best thing to do is queue with people. You can add me if you want: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Macnult/
I'm on most nights (US East) throughout the week

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Slumpy posted:

Good Vibes are taking a break. It is the 4 year era of playing nothing but GG Allin and SLAYER over mic and only saying "gently caress" in chat

you're gonna get a good home i promise

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

surc posted:

Goons like to ask for ways that aren't just playing the game to get good at the game, so I've put together a collection of the practice maps I use/find the most useful:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=796681889

I'm also going to write up some guides at some point, I started to do "educational" CS streams a while back, and now that my job's settled a bit I'm hoping to get back into it.

E: Also super up for suggestions if people have maps they like that are not on here, I was sticking basically just to core mechanics to start with, didn't want to overload people.

Those prefire maps are a godsend

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

surc posted:

Yeah, some other goon (I think turk?) found them, and they are fantastic, although fps-intense because of all the bots.

Luna Was Here posted:

im just gonna throw it in here: turk is a national treasure

protect his soul

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Resource posted:

I'm still in nova 3 star rank (where i started) and I feel like my aim is letting me down. I'm always aiming center mass, when I should be going for headshots, especially for pistol rounds. Is there a good map for practicing this, or do I just need to keep playing?

Check out this video if you haven't seen it yet and memorize every word: https://youtu.be/U9mvXfnY8wU

In terms of raw aim you can do a few things. Training maps through steam workshop are really good and I also like community deathmatch servers. most are FFA and will sometimes be headshot only, pistol only, or both.

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Goofballs posted:

Oh look at the minute mark they're grouped up around short deciding whether or not to split b or plant for short. I wonder if there will be any rounds the t side doesn't do this. Such a dynamic map.

You sure you're not thinking of cbble?

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

brian posted:

I forgot to post this yesterday but you're meant to post that one time you did good right

thank you for the good vibes as always and for the carry :)

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

mcvey posted:

Lower your sens

"that was $1000 worth of nades you just wasted"

#mcveyisms

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

mcvey posted:

I'm so triggered right now

It rings in my ears whenever I get instagibbed or caught with a nade out

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

It feels weird watching a professional gaming tournament on television

e: never any quality issues though so that's neat

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

New Zealand can eat me posted:

The video in this post is a good case for fiveseven > cz

:agreed:
I've never liked the cz

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

rank doesn't matter don't focus so much on kdr believe in yourself and lower your sensitivity

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

jumpscouting

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

Unbound posted:

Got a neat little deagle ace earlier with some of those handsome boys https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc65Peqik24

That was sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult
Jul 7, 2013

canoshiz posted:

Dazed and maybe shroud have said on stream that they tried playing on Adderall but they either didn't like how it felt or it actually negatively impacted their play. Different strokes, I guess. Pasha looks like he's constantly hopped up on something

I was watching Dazed's stream the other night and before a game he left to go to the bathroom, which took like 15 seconds and resulted in him rubbing/wiping his nose throughout the entire match.