Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Why do I solo queue? God drat it's painful. Just had a match where I think all of the other 4 queued together. They generally played like idiots and threw flashes and smokes directly at me. I've had leavers several times this week, including one who was pissed for some unknown reason as we were winning, which cost us the match. Where can I play when the goonman is empty? Is FACEIT generally a griefer free way to play?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

harrygomm posted:

"not bad" is relative i guess

Yeah, it's not like fnatic was close to losing either match. VP looked outclassed.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Anyone around Nova/MG that needs people to queue with please add me, redxxll. Want to amass a decent roster of people who actually communicate.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

symbolic posted:

Context

He also got fined a month's salary (~5.5K), half of which will be donated to PACER's National Bullying Prevention Center and the other half to Born This Way. He also has to go to an anti-bullying seminar which is :laffo:. A bunch of preteens and then this buff-rear end 20-something.

Really dumb in any context, but especially so when s1mple is better than him by every metric.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

qhat posted:

Even at MGE/DMG I've outfragged people only to see them get VACd several days later.

Yeah I was winning a match when a guy on the other team got VAC banned right in the middle of it. We thought he was fishy because he was nading random spots we were in late in rounds, like no way he knew we were there. But he still sucked and was losing so we didn't think much of it. Unfortunately our top fragger lagged out about the same time and we ended up losing because the other 3 guys on our team couldn't get a kill to save their lives. I hate this game sometimes.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
God drat, my work schedule finally allowed me to stop solo queuing and start playing with my old CAL buddies plus a couple strangers. We steamrolled several games in a row, causing one team to forfeit after a few rounds, and had another game ruined because one guy got matched up against us twice in a row and he was so tilted from the first game he told his teammates it was hopeless and threw the game after they lost a couple rounds. Queuing with people who aren't retarded and have and use their mics is like a completely different game.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

The French Army! posted:

As much as Valve does their best

Not convinced this is the case, with hackers or griefing, given their prevalence.

I just tied in a MM game we were dominating, because 2 of my teammates decided to throw. They absolutely never used their mics except to talk poo poo, and told me I talk too much for my call outs. Then they TK'ed me and played like garbage on purpose. I don't talk more than any other halfway decent player, giving basic info on enemy positions. If I were Valve that type of behavior would be at least a month long ban from MM. The fact they get away with it with no repercussions is why MM is terrible.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

surc posted:

Were you playing prime, or regular matchmaking? I've had much better experiences than I used to when I solo queue or 2-man queue using Prime.

Sadly, that was in Prime.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Am I the only one that has trouble adjusting to the 128 tick private server after only playing MM? I swear it seems people are reacting inhumanly fast, I'm actually wondering if my autoexec isn't good for that tick. I'm not new to the game, I understand prefiring known spots and such, but it almost seems like I'm getting killed when I appear to be behind cover on my screen. Feels totally different to MM servers.

Edit: In b4 git gud

Crimson fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Jul 2, 2016

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Sweeper posted:

I don't think it is petty, the orgs don't want their players to jump to other orgs and get their eleague spot

Yeah I thought it was bullshit at first, but after thinking about it the decision to rule them out makes sense. The org itself doesn't deserve the spot. It would be like the Warriors players hopping to the Lakers for more money right before the playoffs started and expecting to somehow still be in the playoffs.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Pomp posted:

Outside of not contesting angles that are already known to be covered by an awp, how do you actually deal with an awp? Is there anything to it but catching them off guard and kill them fast or a good prefire into their dome?

Nades. Smoke em out. Flashes to push them out of position and push. Learn how to pop flash, because often times just chucking a random flash in their direction won't do much good.

You can try "shoulder peaking" to bait out a shot, and awp them back while they reload. You have to master the art of peaking so quickly that they won't have time to hit you. If they fell back then you can hold the angle and wait on them.

Also, having a teammate jump across the angle and peaking right after they try to hit him also can work really well. I get picks on mid dust 2 as a CT in MM all the time like this, because at my level all T's try to pick through the door.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Maybe a victim of their own success, fnatic style? I swear watching some of fnatic's matches prior to the big swap was really sad. It's like they were 100% confident their straight aim would win rounds, going into bombsites without throwing any utility at all.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Dancer posted:

Mic-less rear end

Yes, you're free to play however poorly you want and not having a mic is only one possible way to play poorly and anger your teammates. Those things being true doesn't make your arguments any better. Buy a mic or stick to casual for the sake of the other players actually playing the game correctly.

I went 38 and 19 in an MM game the other day and still lost. Why? Only one guy on my team had a mic.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Apogee15 posted:

No, I'm the best. That's why I'm Umpstoppable. Anyone can be Umpstoppable though, you just gotta buy umps.

I take it you got schooled? I need a recap.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

metallicaeg posted:

I'm Glass if you remember; I'll be on most nights again, 7-8P EST

Oh you're Glass? I was wondering how I knew you, haha. I'm redx. GG's the other night. Finally got GN3 after winning 9 of 10.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Is it true that ranking up slows down the more you play, because the game starts to assume they have you ranked correctly? It took me a long time to really get the rifle sprays in this game, but now that I got em I'm wrecking it at GN3. I'm on something like a 20-1-3 run while mostly top fragging, but I'm wondering if it might be better to just get a new account and hopefully get placed higher than to try to bring this account up.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Jeza posted:

Pretty sure it's always been garbage. Fortunately, you don't need to look at your minimap if you can see an enemy so it doesn't matter.

Minimap is super useful for playing MM when your teammates don't bother making callouts when they see someone. Which is frequent at GN3.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
RATE MY CLUTCH I think I'm actually better at aggressive awp flick shots than I am at just holding angles, because I definitely made that clutch a lot harder on myself by whiffing several super easy shots.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Famethrowa posted:

drat man, you really work better under pressure.

Seriously, I gotta stop only practicing AWP in DMs, running around trying flick shots.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
sgares back to c9, you heard it here first.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

stump collector posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI17rm1QfXs

i'll tldr this so you guys don't die of thorin exposure

PEA has large revenue sharing and bigger prize pools than WESA - so it's strange that the players are shouting down the new league. or, alternatively, they could drop faceit's ECS rather than wesa's EPL - there's no exclusivity with PEA, its only been implied. thorin's big point is that PEA is made up of people who know how to make money and actually capitalize on NA's massive goldmine of money. and that WESA is not a great org to begin with

That's bullshit. "You can either play in their league or ours" is pretty cut and dry exclusivity.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
What's the timeframe on that? Donations for this past year?

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
I just can't believe that the game doesn't have any real stats available. I wanna know my best guns, my ADR, T vs CT stats, map stats, etc. Even different game mode stats should be easily accessible. It's really pathetic that this isn't in the game.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Because if they care about stats, then they're also likely to care about things like tickrate and general server quality, in which case a premium service is the obvious solution.

Are you saying that decent stat tracking isn't something I should expect by default in one of the most popular and competitive esports games? At the very least the API should be updated and open so others could track it well. That really would require very little effort from Valve. Hell I had better access to stats in the late 90s playing Starseige Tribes.

Edit: Anyone remember that old stat tracking site? Had Quake in the name. Was awesome.

Crimson fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 3, 2017

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Yes, that is what I'm saying. Nothing that comes with the $20 game you bought is competitive/esport "by default" until you join a 3rd party server. (Many of them are free if you've spent all your money on wine)

HAHAHA did you go through my post history for a csgo stat post takedown? That's impressive. The game may be cheap but they make heaps of money from it; it was among their top revenue earners of 2016.

Many of the fixes you posted are either simple to implement (- Maximum acceptable matchmaking ping limit lowered to 25, - Griefing bans are now permanent) or addressed things no one asked for (- Sound queues when a player is low on ammo, - A new accuracy recovery method). They're already tracking a lot of the stats to give you the lovely stats they do offer, but the way they're presented could be vastly improved with little to no impact on storage issues. Basic things like W/L, K:D on certain maps, filtered by game mode, would hardly add to what they're already tracking. It's just not parsed well at all right now.

Also, thank you for linking the demo tools, I'm gonna try em out. You could have linked them without being a dickhead about it.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

^I literally meant to type "whine", welcome to the ignore list. Everything you're saying is doing a great job of demonstrating that you are simply incapable of comprehending the global, multi-region scale that they operate at, or how updates would change the meaning/value of previous statistics. If lowering the maximum acceptable matchmaking ping to 25 was so easy, can you explain to me how they did it?

I'm assuming you work at Valve at this point.

quote:

Okay this is all cool and fun and stuff, but ex-Dig is most likely getting signed to that Danish football club today and that's much more interesting, so look out for that.

Done deal. Super cool. That's really huge for the game.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
So somewhere around 6 figures in just prize money, plus salary plus stickers/merch. Thanks for nothing Dad, for making me go to college.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Has anyone else experienced your AWP not firing if you're trying to quick switch or scope too quickly after hitting mouse 1? It happens to me fairly regularly now, and it never did before.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

A TURGID FATSO posted:

Honestly, I wish they would have kept RPK instead of apEX.

Are you crazy? Apex is insane. He is definitely a cut above RPK.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
That's pretty awesome. I hate dust2, and being forced to queue it up late night with the riff raff in order to get a game going really sucks. Just last night I had a guy buy a scout every round. We couldn't get our economy straight and lost narrowly. The next game I had a guy full save after we won pistol because "we need the money". He got overrun on A and we lost the anti-eco. People are just generally dumber that queue d2.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Kwilty posted:

They just moved it out of the competitive group. Its basically like queuing aztec or vertigo or whatever. People are still going to be playing the poo poo out of it.

I'm aware, but people like to play the competitive map pool, so it means there will be a lot more players on the other maps. At least I'm guessing that will be the case.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Bohemian Nights posted:

Looking forwards to seeing pro games on inferno again

Maybe it'll help bring Olof and Krimz back to the top tier.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Photex posted:

CSGO sound loving sucks, just make sure you're using HRTF and that's about as good as it's going to get. Some maps are also just really loving bad when it comes to figuring out direction like Nuke for example or Mirage (I can never tell if they are in bapts or underpants)

I remember this being so incredibly easy to tell in 1.6 and Source. Am I crazy or is that your (and others) experience as well?

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Gingerbread House Music posted:

with tow with an ape collat lol

What?

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Photex posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctwbhhRP0J8

CZ is fair and balanced, also take a look at my new knife thanks to the new trade ban all the csgo trading sites have hosed up pricing.

Nice move to peek mid instead of immediately grabbing the dropped gun. Solid 1v5 A++++ would watch again.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

SealHammer posted:

c9 finally has a winning roster, time to torpedo it hardcore like a bunch of idiots

Seriously, they have a 2 month stretch of subpar results following them giving us NA's first major win over multiple top 5 opponents, why blow it up so fast? VP goes through whole bad years before changing the roster!

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

Fauxshiz posted:

Olofmeister is like the only person in the world able to hold his cool vs device in that round 27 clutch.

Was such a shame too, if Device had held the angle to the right of the smoke for another 2 seconds he would have gotten an incredible ace.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
I met Dupreeh in January in a restaurant in Copenhagen. Seems like a nice guy. Well, that's my story.

I'm having trouble seeing who's going to challenge them. Navi has been so inconsistent, simple included. Will be interesting to see if MIBR can get their old mojo back from 2017.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

UnknownMercenary posted:

So Astralis is bad again now? Maybe this will make the finals less predictable.

They lost a bo3 to a really good team lately, I think they're still finding their legs after hardly playing this year. Although getting blown out on your previously dominant map isn't a great look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002
Real final was Astralis - Liquid. Avangar not on their level.