Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Source your quotes, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

The most reasonable rule I've seen for this is he can if you vouch for him, but if he's a dick then it's on you. It works because if he's a dick there's a good chance you'll be one too anyway.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Keep in mind that this is Buy2Play so as long as the cash shop isn't complete and utter bullshit, it'll do well. The general MMO playing public knows the Black Desert name after years of hype so if they're not playing at launch, they'll be playing soon after.

So here's the problem with that. That's a list of the things the game had in it in the closed beta for its actual release that were changed and things that were promised and not delivered on.

Daum and Pearl Abyss hosed their own game ridiculously hard and anyone who has been paying attention to this game for more than the thirty seconds they spent reading lewtt's OP knows that. loving Dark Souls of all things does it better. I'm not bitter about this game for some obscure reason, I'm bitter because the developers took something that could have been god drat amazing and made it a mediocre wet fart of a game that does worse than a single player with optional multiplayer action RPG from 2011.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Eonwe posted:

i look forward to not playing this by April

You shouldn't because that's when Dark Souls 3 comes out. Clear that schedule.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Also the triple post, that first one was much much angrier in the first draft but I decided the thread doesn't need another drinkfist

thank you for your service, drinkfist

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

RedTonic posted:

DBC2-D2DB-6BA4-414A-B33A

Grabbed that because as much as I hate what they've done to this game I'm a broken person and only play bad games outside of dark souls

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Kimsemus posted:

The Stimperor is pleased. :eonwe:

Someone needs to turn the stimpire into a civ 5 civilization

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I like discord because it works, it's free, it has chat, it has logging, it has serviceable VOIP and it's really convenient if you're playing multiple games on that Discord server since you have direct messaging with file sharing.

When the APIs start coming out, it'll be sweet for authentication and stuff. Not to mention you can run it in the Steam overlay if you really want to.

How often do you need to share files that you can't use googledocs or something instead for? How many times have you paid for mumble use for goons? Why the gently caress do we need authentication for anything?

Like, I don't care what kimsemus' intentions are because they don't matter to me. What matters is I have a thing that already works perfectly fine and does everything I want it to do and suddenly almost everywhere I look it's "new voip! come join us!" poo poo that I don't care about.

If you want to use discord cool, use discord. I'm going to use mumble until I can't anymore, and then I'll think about switching. Put both of them in the OP and then shut the gently caress up about it.

vrath posted:

e: Hmmm....putting it like that I believe both of those are a plus for using the big server.

You mean CTS, the giant mumble server we've been using for years? Oh but mumble is the one splitting the community I guess.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

That was dangerously close to seriousposting, but I also made a black witch to not play on thursday due to the servers getting slammed like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7qz9WqkY24&t=64s

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Well with that mentality we'd still be using Ventrilo. Why not adopt a newer, more efficient and arguably better technology, especially when it's free and being widely adopted?

Because I don't want to. Did you read what I posted at all?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Eonwe posted:

I like drinkfist even tho he is tsundere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnZUUzlL60Q

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Isn't whales with guns what the star citizen goons hunt right now?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

"Look, it wasn't great, but all the cinematic needed was a better script and a new narrator and new footage and it would have been great"

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Jackard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39j5v8jlndM
What the gently caress is happening?

Who cares! Look at the fights and the dragon.

It's in media res vs a boring infodump. That cinematic actually tells you pretty much everything you need to know about what they did to FFXIV when they rebooted it.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

CrashCat posted:

Though you need to play what was (pre-expansion) endgame content or read spoilers online to make any real sense of it. Hooray

If you have played any FF before it's not too different of a storyline, and once you join the scions proper in game it all clicks together. I have a lot of beef with the way they handled story in ffxiv, like rubbing perfume on a chocobo's butt so an old man doesn't pass out from its musk, but that cinematic is probably one of the highlights.

We get:

Technological army guys fighting sword and sorcery guys, which is a big setpiece of the game
Three leaders that are obviously not from the techno dudes (from the banners and actually showing the leaders) to indicate how many groups are involved
Dragon busting out of a giant orb that was falling from the sky, who then proceeds to gently caress poo poo up so he's obviously not there to dispense wisdom or be a good guy
Dude who can stop a dragon's attack, so he must be the big dicked motherfucker
Dude casts a spell that fails because dragon overpowers it, and then he casts another spell that teleports people away. We don't know it's time magic, but since those people are the player characters from 1.0 it's really aimed at the people who understand exactly what happened anyway.

What their names are is kind of secondary information that gets doled out over the course of the early leveling questing. It gets at the meat of showing us what happened without dicking around with names we won't remember and a droning voice telling us what's going on. It respects the audience a bit more and bores them much much less.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Xigncode3 is currently in a race with the heat death of the universe to finish first.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Charles Bukowski posted:

The UI they're using in game is really bad.

FTFY

Like, gently caress, I even managed to get past age of wushu's gank UI, but BDO is just poo poo

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

you honestly don't remember exactly how bad wushus UI was. It was way worse than this.

how do you know what I remember?

wushu's ui didn't make much sense, but it wasn't a soulless husk of a UI designed to actively detract from playing the game

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Loose Ifer posted:

I think you all expect way too much out of a clearly lovely game that some of us will have fun playing for a little while.

I dunno, I had pretty low expectations going into this

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

The only bad parts of the UI I've seen is hiding some menus in weird places, and NESW taking awhile to figure their bearings on the map.

What parts are you guys having issues with?

there are 31 buttons there. Why did they hide the inventory, skill tree, and inventory on the same menu as the loving language options? If you answered "because they slapped this poo poo together without thinking about usability" then you're correct.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

That is my technique.

I thought your technique involved assplay

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Amergin posted:

I have no clue how the hell people bumrushed to 50 in 15 hours... I've been grinding most of today and had to pass out at 32. Getting too old for this poo poo.

Autism and poo poo buckets

and hot pockets

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Will you guys implode already? Are you gonna let star citizen win the drama wars?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Ffycchi posted:

that it is not only possible, but has been done.

That's cool, but it carries the giant caveat of needing a massive group effort and piles of capital to do, which means it's still mostly outside of player influence, on top of being really limited in scope.

Consider it this way: in eve the devs had to change the game because of goon influence on the economy because they owned all the technitium and could therefore dictate how much it cost to exist as a corp in nullsec. That you jacked up the price of one item means actually poo poo and you should feel bad for trying to pass it off as being even close to that.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

HapiMerchant posted:

I think he meant Age of Wushu in general was an exceedingly atypical game experience in general.

No loving dogs allowed.

lol if you think delamore wasn't skimming off the top from all the dealing he did

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

kalstrams posted:

ArcheAge had reasonably fun underwater content.

Lol

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Wait that's my avatar?

You cracked the code. Take this matchbox, keep it safe but never open it. I'll be back for it someday, but for now, I'm off to see a Russian about a cat.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

LegalPad posted:

This hasn't been my experience at all. I saw 0 gank attempts from 45 > 50, but 50+ has been incredibly annoying. Usually within a couple minutes of starting my grind in Hex, Treants, or Catfish, I will get a whisper from someone demanding I leave "Or else!1" Then I have to find a safe zone to switch channels and often times I just get another whisper on the new channel "Guild quest in progress, leave now ;)".

It's not like it is completely inhibiting my ability to do anything, but imagine how annoying it is to get threatened out of a location on several channels in a row.

There are zero goons who will be angry at you for starting fights. Like, what's the point of playing the game if you're not starting poo poo? It'd be like making fishing alliances so that goons can fish in peace.

Also lol at "Stealing grind rotations." That's some maplestory level poo poo right there.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Grithok is a literal AI who lives on mumble, he's never not there.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Agreeable Badger posted:

It isn't particularly hard to get good gear (+15 everything, solid accessories), just time consuming. After that it becomes exponentially harder to get gear increases, as you pri -> duo -> tri accessories (and eventually +16 and beyond gear). The gear disparity will decrease over time, it's just more noticeable now because it's stacked 55s vs sub-55s with low enchanted gear. Nobody is going to be 1v25ing anyone, and 1v5+ing becomes far less likely as more people catch up to a baseline gear level.

I hope you understand this is based in the notion that the game will have very few to no new players coming in, and I hope you understand why this isn't a good thing.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

So for all the Parks and Rec people that are 50+ish. We are doing a guild boss at 5pm EST. So about an hourish from the time of this post. It might be a good idea to have all hands on dick.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

who the gently caress wants peace

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

randombattle posted:

I seriously doubt any of these ridiculous theories hold any weight at all.

no, the classes hold the weights, duh

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Not having sperg level gear yet is a good thing, don't let spergs make you feel bad over it.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

boho posted:

Nevertheless, in true goon fashion the handful of active members left in Goontang are on the brink of a splinter as the "random PvP is fun and we should declare wars for the hell of it" camp squares off against the "random PvP is not fun and interrupts the pursuit of my personal goals" camp. Add in an absentee guild leader and you're left with a bunch of officers in the different camps undermining eachother via passive-aggressive war decs and undecs, patronizing "advice," moving goalposts, and double standards. Like every pre-splinter, it's a hilarious slow-motion train wreck.

so basically the only entertaining thing about this game is being in the clusterfuck of a goon guild

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

lewtt posted:

This drama is great, but as soon as i get back home it's time for some order in the court

don't do it, this is the most entertaining black desert has ever been

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

it is just boho is a horrible poster

What's wrong with that?

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

I love this so much, you people are just dripping with hatred for each other

:allears:

related and directed at everyone

"go gently caress yourelf"

I mean you're not, but that's okay. More people need to fish for meltdowns.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

J posted:

Unenchanted ogre ring, might as well uninstall the game.

Why wait for the ring? Any excuse is a good one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Holyshoot posted:

I'd like to know what magical bank lets you do charge backs on poo poo you bought 6 months ago?! Wellsfargo would tell me to get bent after 90 days.

It depends on a lot of poo poo, like how in the SC thread people were getting chargebacks several months to even multiple years ago, but they had the standing of "this product I bought 2 years ago has never been delivered." That doesn't really exist here, though, so who knows. US law does tend to fall on the side of the consumer, but I don't think anyone is so pro consumer that "I ate this sandwich but it sucked, make them give me my money back" is gonna work.