Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
This entire leak is planned to get the hype going virually before the NX debut announcement at E3. The controller? It isn't real.

No one is stupid enough to render where the player wouldn't even see it because it is covered by their hands.

Marketing and "Apple" style hype. Still fun to talk about I guess - but hopefully no one is this gullible any more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!
My body is prepared for gut busting laughing and face palming of epic proportions when this is announced.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
Holy poo poo I just saw Witcher 3 and Skyrim????

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
Ok well gently caress me. This looks loving awesome.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
Games that I saw, some are shocking:

New Zelda
New Mario Kart
New Mario
Witcher 3
Skyrim
NBA 2k16

COuld it be the 3rd party support will put them back into the limelight? And to add to that, the same graphical portability of the home system????

Jesus that would rock.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
From Software. Holy poo poo. Portable Dark Souls???

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
God drat it Nintendo - the only last thing you need to do is place the drat buttons on the controller like the XBox and PS4 so I do not have to remap everything and we are golden.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Killed By Death posted:

Where in the video are people seeing Witcher 3?

Oops sorry. It went by so quick that at 1:18 or so while it is showing the 3rd person view of Skyrim, I thought that was Witcher 3.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
Poor dog.

Dude was playing the new Zelda and pooch was like hey you jackass, you have been playing Zelda all drat day, take me for a walk and grab a tennis ball. Instead, the dude sighs, switches to portable, goes outside with the dog without a tennis ball and the poor pooch can't catch a break. End result? Dog vanished.

Nintendo switch. Dog lives matter.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Whats the ram though this is very important to me

Home Unit:
Nvidia Tegra X2
6gb LPDDR4 Memory
720p/1080p
SDHC, USB 3.0, USB 2.0, HDMI, Game Card

Portable Unit:
Nvidia Tegra X2
4Gb LPDDR4 Memory
1280x720 IPS display
Game card, 3.5 mm audio, charging port
480p camera

Here are your hardware specs folks.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

wicka posted:

does this mean that there is just an additional 2gb of RAM in the dock? or that the dock and the handheld each have their own tegra and combine for 10gb of RAM?

They are separated.

6 Gb in the Dock, portable ram goes inactive and isn't shared.
4 Gb in the Portable.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Celery Jello posted:

Did you pull these out of your rear end or find them somewhere?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Celery Jello posted:

A random screenshot of a .txt file isn't exactly reliable information.

Not that what's there isn't outside the realm of possibility, I just have trouble taking that at face value, sorry.

Shrug. It is what it is.

I am looking forward to the system launch.

(Those are the specs.)

I feel bad for the Dog still in that trailer. Dog just up and left him after he thought he was going for a walk, and his stupid owner was still nose deep on a park bench in Zelda.

Someone call PITA.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Pureauthor posted:

The battery life is gonna suck, isn't it

Yes. 3 hours on portable. They are trying to increase it to 5 before launch but it is pretty much set in stone at this point.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Me.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
The Home based and Portable support all traditional Gyro controls and Accelerometer functions and obviously NFC (Near Field Communication)

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Oh shut up already. These are the specs. There will be a large launch line up. Go place your preorder (On November 22nd) and give me your cash.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Kelp Me! posted:

Nothing has been officially specified as far as battery size/life or NFC, and motion controls are still a rumor, so I'm gonna have to go ahead and stick with my original response of

I am just telling you what I know.

One major thing yet to still be worked out (Which will most likely be a future and not in at launch)

* Wii U/3DS Digital Storefront backwards compatibility. Meaning, if you own a game (Physical copy or digital) tying the CP Scheme of both platforms to the User Nintendo ID and universally home running that back to the new store front for the Switch enabling licensing rights to redownload on the new platform for free. This would enable those who have purchased Wii U/3DS games (Physically or digitally) to download them on their switch and play. It's coming, but there is difficulty in the deployment. The digital part is easy. The hard part is tying in those who have physical games because this obviously doesn't come with an optical drive. The only bypass may be to route the install from the Wii U to the Switch through a transfer cable and a software transfer app in the OS.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

How is it that you're suddenly an insider when your post history has you being shocked by the announcements/speculating earlier in the thread?

Hey playing along with a sense of humor is always fun!

We are goons after all. Are you protected?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

InFlames235 posted:

I mean if the X1 is on par with the 360 & PS3, the X2 is considered more-so on par with the PS4 and Xbone. Am I saying it's exact? Of course not, but it's probably a few times faster than the Wii U which makes it close enough. Also, pascal architecture is known for its efficiency and as some people were saying even the shield is about 8 hours of battery life on an X1

Pascal based customized TegraX2. 1.5tflops. It's a custom version of Parker.

Battery life is 3 hours currently on the handheld. Before the final build spec ships to manufacturing in November, the hope is to get it up to 5.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Oct 20, 2016

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
Just wait until you guys see Metroid Prime 4 as a launch title.

You will all poo poo your pants.

I can't wait to see the pants making GBS threads.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

JordanKai posted:

I am actually really curious to see what Retro has been working on since Tropical Freeze.

You will love the new Metroid. :)

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

katkillad2 posted:

This thread certainly switched from tolerable to poo poo pretty fast.

I just want to know when I can pre-order, when someone finds out make a post noticeable enough in this sea of poo poo posting.

November 22nd.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

JordanKai posted:

I hope I will!

Here is a quick reminder in case this was missed. It may have been, because Federation Force on 3DS didn't get a lot of attention. This hits it fairly well on the mark! :) The game itself wasn't that well designed. So I suggest reading the back story on the federation via Wiki.

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/174342/20160820/nintendo-may-have-teased-metroid-prime-4-in-federation-force-post-credits-scene.htm

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

This may come as a surprise to you, but pronouncing the letters "L" and "R" is different from actually saying the sounds they make

ジョイコン・エルとジョインコン・アー

Nihingo de hanashimaska?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
I can't wait to see when they announce that the Gameboy line in it's entirety will be end of life and shut down forever, and the traditional portable effort games you bought are now always going to be $59.99 no matter how much content they have in them because, "You can now play at home or not!"

Yes, this is coming.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

El Burbo posted:

Not all console games are $60

Not all 3ds games are $40

Not all Switch games will be full price

Correction on what I stated: All triple A games on 3DS that sold for $39.99 will be $59.99 on Switch, and Gameboy will be end of life and you will not find software ports for those Gameboy AAA titles as it is being phased out. This obviously doesn't effect indie games and such. Which is to be expected, as the software will be written for one system and playable on both as the Switch is planned to be the home console and the new Gameboy so to speak.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Nov 17, 2016

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

HyperPuma posted:

theres an assumption that the switch will become the new default handheld, but with how successful the new 3ds has been this season is that really a sure thing? if the switch is too weak to play third party traditional console games, what incentive is there for handheld devs to make any jump in fidelity that makes the switch necessary? why not just keep making games targeted at the bigger 3ds market and then port them over to switch?

Because Nintendo will phase out 3DS and the entire platform will go end of life after switch is launched into production.

There are a couple reasons for this:

1) Most 3DS titles are easy to port and upscale
2) Unified Store/Account without disparity between platforms
3) Forced developer support of Switch over 3DS once rolled out

For Nintendo, they are putting all their eggs in one basket. Unifying development platforms to gain back the 3rd party support they lost when they hosed most all 3rd party publishers in the N64 days with increased license fees and high cartridge memory costs. Their line of thinking is that they will gain more 3rd party support as titles will be played across the single home/portable switch platform.

I would't expect the 3DS to be around much longer. They have already significantly scaled back manufacturing... As you will notice if you check out most online retailers and store fronts that have zero stock of 3DS or 3DS XL. Prices for available units are already being scalped at higher than normal prices.

It's only a matter of time at this point.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
Well, at least Super Mario Run will be more fun to talk about then the Switch will be.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
Someone should change the title of the thread to "Nintendo Switched Off. This is the Mario Run thread"

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

irlZaphod posted:

It's a placeholder.

And you know that how?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
Lol. Two and a half hours battery life. 300 price point. And soon, paid online service! All with half the power of an Xbox one. Coming to a store near you.

What a joke.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
Lol wow

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
So let me get this straight.

So far we have seen one loving launch title.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
No launch date! Good Christ are you kidding me.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Neddy Seagoon posted:

"Zelda is a launch title. PEACE OUT MOTHERFUCKERS!"

I'm so fired up to play one game for 410 US dollars when I also have to buy a new pro controller.

Holy poo poo. So we saw two launch titles? Sweet Christ.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
Hahaha! Zelda is coming out for Wii U on March 3 also. Bye bye switch. Literally NO reason to purchase you.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

No. It won't be. It's paid as of October.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
Nintendo: Switched back to Wii U until 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Tatsuta Age posted:

lord jesus why would they shoot themselves in the foot like this

Time to play the new Zelda for me! Without having to buy over priced out dated piece of poo poo hardware, nor another pro controller.

RIP Nintendo.

• Locked thread