Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ReidRansom posted:

The USPS might, in this case, should the cops involved be found to have acted unlawfully. They take the mail pretty seriously.

who knew the Postal Mafia was so strong...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Gobbeldygook posted:

They continued to meet in the Capitol building. Harper's has a good longread on it and the rest of the fiscal madness of Arizona under Tea Party management. What they did was raise some immediate money by selling the building (and a lot of other government property) to a private real estate company and then started paying them rent on a building they used to own. They eventually realized this was stupid as gently caress and are trying to buy it back.

that is an amazing lack of foresight, like what did they even need the influx of money for that was so urgent you'd sell the Capitol?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Precambrian posted:

Getting reelected in 2010.

The sale put a hundred million dollars in Arizona's budget for a short time, so that Brewer could point to a surplus in 2010, then bought it back at a loss because it was a dumb idea. It was basically a twenty million dollar transfer from the state to the major banks that bought the shares in the statehouse, that also tricked rubes into thinking austerity was working.

that's pretty disgusting, and it sucks that it worked and is still working and will probably work for a little while longer

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Condiv posted:

also it's kinda disturbing how many former repubs there are here

i've been liberal/leftist since i was a kid and that's never gonna change

i agree, it's really disturbing that people change with time

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

From a Klan wedding in Tennessee last year. The dog's robe is a nice touch. See more in this photo essay.

someone please rescue this dog, but let him keep the cape it's pretty cute

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

it's too tiny to be an attack dog tho...

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Northjayhawk posted:

That headline is sort of correct in spirit if not by rule, which is surprising given that Drudge is usually misleading.

Most states that don't have a primary will at least have a presidential preference vote at the caucus. Not Colorado. They have a caucus, but at no point do they ever ask you to vote for a candidate, instead you are voting for delegates and you literally put your x next to Joe or Frank or Ann or whichever delegate you prefer. In most caucus sites you vote for a candidate, and then delegates are bound to that candidate based on the vote, but Colorado does not bind anyone on the first ballot. You just have to somehow know who the person you are voting for is going to vote on the 1st ballot.

Anyway, the delegates who were elected in Colorado are Cruz supporters. All of them, Trump got swept. I assume most of the voters knew what they were doing, but I'm sure some who may support Trump were confused, and since most of the people wanting to be delegates supported Cruz, some of their votes probably went to Cruz delegates.

that might be the most retarded way of electing a person i have ever heard of, and in fact i'm just gonna go ahead and say it is the most retarded

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Joementum posted:

Spotify asked members of Congress to create playlists and they are all awful.

They go from one genre to the next in a sad attempt to please everyone, they all seem to put a song from Hamilton on them, and a disturbing number of fifty year old dudes listen to Katy Perry and Taylor Swift.

Credit to Senator Mike Lee for just listing Zeppelin, Rush, and U2, which I have no trouble believing is a real Mike Lee playlist.

tay tay and katy perry are good joe, but also im a 24 year old gay guy

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mad Hamish posted:

How the hell is a 19 year old this hairy?

some of us got the hair genes, and also he prob hasn't shaved in weeks

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

silvergoose posted:

Highlights Hello! is, by the way, also a superior magazine to Time. It contains about 8 pages, with two story rhymes, a find-it, and some pictures of babies. It is made of reasonably stiff plastic so it won't tear and can be drooled on and then cleaned!

Far superior.

i loved Highlights as a kid, i don't like time as an adult, this checks out

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Mulva posted:

Yeah connected internet is a dying business, it made sense back when mobile networks weren't very good but now wifi is more an annoyance than anything. Honestly, when is the last time you used free public wifi?

most data plans aren't unlimited high-speed so hooking up your phone to the wi-fi is a good way of conserving data

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i think we should put her on the trillion dollar coin

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

GalacticAcid posted:

All of the founding fathers, except for Thomas Paine, sucked in various ways. Currency should show artists and writers rather than founders and presidents.

people suck, we should just put animals on all the bills and coins

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
which would you rather see, Washington's ugly mug or a cute lil bear cub on your dolla bill

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Alkydere posted:

"Hey man, could you spare a buck?"

"Sure." *Passes a $20 with the image of a deer on it.*

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lote posted:

Reminder: Jeb! recommended Margaret Thatcher to be on the $10 bill.

she's not even american what the heck

like it'd make sense if he said reagan, i mean still a terrible choice but like, he's american at least

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Stultus Maximus posted:

He was asked what woman he'd put on the bill.

Which means he can't think of a single notable American woman.

oh, even worse then i thought

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

holy poo poo ted cruz gave the best answer, what the hell

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
whoa, us money used to look cool as heck what happened

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DOOP posted:

Replace the national anthem with literally any other song

whats the current one again, i probably learned it in grade school but who really bothers remembering stuff like that, you know

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rygar201 posted:

The Star-Spangled Banner

oh yeah, rockets bursting in air and all that jazz, yeah that song sucks

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

one tough nerd

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

why don't the police do that, since that's you know, part of their job

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Boon posted:

We should probably just get Oklahoma drunk and then stick our collective dick in it's mouth.

I mean, honestly, dressed like that? It was asking for it.

you misunderstood the article, we're gonna get ohio drunk and then suck it's dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

DemeaninDemon posted:

Then why do suburban white dudes own big rear end trucks?

tbh i've known more women into trucks then men

• Locked thread