Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Benne posted:

DeAndre Washington plays for the Raiders. Matt Jones plays for the Skins.

But jones plays for Washington, it's an easy mistake to make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kevin White saw more snaps than Jeffery. He might not be doing much just yet, but clearly the Bears want him to be a thing since he was on the field for 98% of the offensive snaps.

Also I'm not dropping West until Charles and Ware both prove they can be healthy for more than the first couple weeks.

For people in FAAB leagues, what sort of money did Cadet go for? My ugly deep roster dynasty league doesn't do waivers until Thursday morning just to be different, so be nice to know what sort of bids people were doing

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Better to be lucky than good

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I just hope he survives til Brady gets back. I had Tyrod, Bridgewater, and Brady in my dynasty league and I'm feeling awful vulnerable

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm starting the Raiders D this week. Yolo or something.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Yeah who around here is in that 16 team league where you really could use 5 ppg from your RB2 if McCoy goes down, go ahead and get on that Gillislee bus

It's me, the guy in a 16 team dynasty league with 44 roster slots that put in a 20% bid on Travaris Cadet because maybe he'll get a few catches a game

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Spiros posted:

I want to die

Look, you just can't expect great performances against a Jeff Fisher coached team

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Maybe the third stringer will actually throw passes at barnidge, you think of that?

I never understood why he was so highly rated, he's like 30 and last year was the literal only time he's ever done anything

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RCarr posted:

After that Ryan Mathews touchdown I'm up .06 in standard with my Ryan Mathews vs his Jordan Matthews...

At least you're likely to see what they do. I'm in a nailbiter with my Rodney McLeod vs his Vinny Curry

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cervixalot posted:

Maybe Josh Gordon is just a bad test taker

Or he has an IQ somewhere around carrot level

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

LmaoTheKid posted:

Everyone remembers that he's still on track to come back at this point, yes?

Until he gets a suspension for getting arrested or something

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

Kalil to IR, too. I am staying the gently caress away from the MIN run game.

(Which already sucked with their starting LT and AP)

I dunno, a tackling dummy would have been more effective than Kalil last year, maybe this will force someone else to step up

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Would you drop cmike or michael floyd or hurns for jordan howard? 0 ppr, and I'm far worse off at rb than wr.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

With this news about Gates, I looked at the TE waiver wire in my league and learned it was rather sparse, so I got curious. In my 12-team league, SEVEN teams have two TEs rostered and two teams have THREE TEs. Ugh.

This is every league I've ever been in. Same with quarterbacks. Which is why I always draft backups, otherwise I'd end up stuck with cody kessler.

Inspector_666 posted:

Speaking of, if I've got Gates on one of my teams but the only FA options worth looking at (just going by PRK here) are Ebron, Walford, and James, should I bother worrying about it? I feel pretty secure with the rest of the roster.

gates has a pretty late bye right? I'd probably hold off and see if someone somewhere drops a TE after a bye that's a more reliable play.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MarquisDeCarabas posted:

I do not understand how this advice applies to the question...

Ah, is Gates hurt? I wasn't going anywhere near him in any league (for about the last 4 years) so I haven't kept up. Thought he was just asking if its worth getting a backup.

If he's out, I'd go Ebron in that list.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

timp posted:

Can someone remind me who ASJ is since literally nobody has used the man's full name in the past 2 pages?

austin sefarian-jenkins, former buccanneer

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So, which Edelman owners out there are looking forward to him being QB next week :v:

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

timp posted:

Except in the Goon All IDP league where you don't get any extra points for defensive touchdowns :(

I won a playoff game a couple years ago because my WR2 ended up getting like 4 special teams tackles. IDP is cool and good

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I always just recommend this for IDP scoring

https://www.profootballfocus.com/the-pff-idp-scoring-system-revisited/

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'd keep Lewis on it over the others

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kiimo posted:

I love me some Tevin Coleman Ceiling but if morons are out there giving up Antonio Brown and Allen Robinson straight up for him loving do it.

Outta curiousity how long do we keep calling arob a stud in the current bortles meltdown scenario?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

jabro posted:

Still hold on to him. Just in case.

Yeah, I'm still holding Blackmon just in case too

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I think bans are the end. This isn't an indefinite suspension again.

If his only problem is weed, guess its time to check back out of that rehab facility

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
It worth keeping Forsett around in case he gets signed with another team? I don't really need the slot. Only real waiver guys worth talking about in that league are Gillislee and Rainey

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

pubic works project posted:

No. I'd rather own a second defense or those two guys than Justin Forsett.

I'll put in a claim for those two, maybe I'll get one. My first claim position is being used on a linebacker anyway, so we'll see.

In an unrelated IDP inquiry: is JJ Watt worth a first round dynasty (rookie) pick? Who's coming out next year. The team in question is bottom feeding at the moment, so it's likely to be a high pick one way or the other.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

VietCampo posted:

Are you the only team that's needing a LB? or do you know if anyone else is picking up the same dude as you? If so i wouldn't waste a claim position on one.

This league doesn't have any FCFS period, it's all daily waivers with season long priority, so there isn't much in the way of wasting a waiver position (I'm 10/12 as it is because I needed a kicker last week). My offensive starters/bye coverage are solid, but I'm short a defensive starter and hopefully this guy will stay my defensive flex, so...

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So anyone think Miami's defense is startable this week (waivers are pretty thin in one league) or will they find a way to give up 40 points to the Titans?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

kiimo posted:

The NFL got rid of it and it sucks.

We're just left with "Fully armed and operational", "Questionable", "Doubtful", and "Out" now right?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Would you guys rather have Hurns or Enunwa (or like, stills) ros?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I'm holding James White through the weekend, with Brady back he could go back to ppr viable

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Anyone think Zenner is going to accomplish anything this weekend?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
A s7orm is coming

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
So is the Kendall Wright experiment officially over? He droppable in deep bench dynasty without regrets?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Forever_Peace posted:

Me. It was a recurring theme a year or two ago here.

Basically, I think "injury prone" is overused, because all the things that are actually predictive of future injury (mostly biomechanics and physiology related) is not information we the fans have access to. What we have is injury history, which is more often than not a string of freak traumatic impacts because Football is a violent sort that makes EVERY player prone to injury. There are only a handful of specific injuries that demonstrably carry a cumulative and predictive risk of future injury (concussions being the primary example).

I agree with all of this.

And also that some players are more prone to freak traumatic impacts than others.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Tiptoes posted:

I am so happy I gave up on Alshon two weeks ago and used him to acquire Doug Martin. What a frustrating player/situation.

And to think I was feeling OK with Alshon, Dez, and Floyd in my "start 1 wr" dynasty league

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/PewterReport/status/788821969106046978

At least I can stop thinking about if I want to start Martin

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

MacheteZombie posted:

I traded Jeremy Hill and don't regret it at all. Gio is the guy to own in that backfield apparently.

As someone that owns both in dynasty, that is a true statement until you only start Gio

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
I feel Gillislee will lay about as many golden eggs as McKinnon tbh

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I bet ARob will be droppable next week.

Here's basically been droppable since week 2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU