Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Triggerhappypilot posted:

Oh man, they're going to Tokyo. You know what that means.

Yeah, I'm expecting some sort of cameo by at least a member or all of µ's (or at least A-RISE, they're still somewhat relevant, right? They'll probably show the UTX High building at least) next episode.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Aug 7, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Aurora posted:

The ships are all shown in the ED :colbert:

This.

emormu posted:

Same here:

Man, I never knew how much I wanted one of those until I saw them this episode. The small anime con I'm working in Times Square starting tomorrow likely won't have them for sale at their tiny Dealer's Room, but hopefully I'll be able to find some for sale at New York Comic Con in October, and get myself one (or more) for my birthday.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

This was a good ep, and just reinforces how based Dia really is, and how cute Ruby was alongside her. Gabaruby!

Also, Mari has no sense of value for normal people and it's great. $1000 a bowl for that Stewshine? Good thing it didn't turn out to be like Mystery Food X like they were playing it up to be. And those eyes, man. Those eyes...

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Sep 4, 2016

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

I finished OG Love Live last night. It was cute and good

Now I gotta watch the movie today and I'll be all set for watching Sunshine

I marathoned both seasons of OG Love Live and the movie in like 2 days about 4 months ago right around the time Final Love was happening. Regret that I didn't get into it earlier, even if a bunch of my friends had, as I remember a bunch of them talking about going to go see the movie last year. Would've loved to go see it with them, especially with all the NYC references that they had in it.

But I've fallen deep into idol hell now. Probably for the best that I didn't dive in earlier...

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

I avoided the idol rhythm game thread because it seemed to be more about Starlight Stage than SIF when I looked at it the last couple of times.

Currently grinding out this latest Medley Festival, mostly for XP since I already got the SR Eli last night and I know I won't tier to get the Honk or enough points by Wednesday morning to get the second Eli for the idolization. Ground out enough at the last minute the previous token match to tier so I could get one SR Riko after my internet went down a couple hours before it was to end, and then came back up like an hour before the deadline, thank the idol gods.

Still don't have a UR though. But I finally idolized one of my SRs (Magician Pana) on my last Scout 11, also picking up a Ninja Birb. That was a good draw.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Sep 6, 2016

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

all the scenes in New York

I know right? Makes it all the better if you're actually from here. Like when they went to Kenka on St Mark's Place (the restaurant that Maki took µ's to when Pana wanted to have some rice), although when I went back there a couple weeks after seeing the movie, I was reminded that the decor there is totally not appropriate for Japanese high school girls.

Also, I saw 4 members of AKB48 (don't ask me which ones though) perform at the bandshell in Central Park that µ's ran past at Japan Day last year. And of course Kotori had to take everyone to Juniors for cheesecake. And the TKTS red stairs in Times Square where they performed Angelic Angel, despite the fact that I avoid Times Square like the plague like most native New Yorkers, goddamn tourists and street hustlers there.

Honestly, I would've loved to see the movie when it was showing in theaters, especially since the theater that was screening it was within walking distance of Kenka.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Sep 5, 2016

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

graybook posted:

Also, sidenote, the rhythm thread is basically majority Deresute/SIF, so def better to talk about it there especially if it's ENSIF stuff goings-on.

Yeah, I'm not gonna talk about SIF stuff much more in this thread, only brought it up because someone mentioned that thread here.

Sunshine is good and I hope it continues to be good in the coming weeks.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Sep 6, 2016

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

You's a solid choice, especially after this last episode, but Dia and Mari got me on their side via their antics in the previous ones, and then of course Yohane is Yohane.

I'm surprised that Kanan is still so popular in Japan, I've seen a lot of people in English boards rank her last (myself included) because she hasn't really done anything. Sure, she's got that aura of being the grounded team mom from the PVs and audio dramas, but for people who haven't seen or heard them, she's been basically an empty void prior to two episodes ago.

Riko is pretty low on my list too unfortunately; while her rediscovering her love of music and antics with dogs are cute, there are just so many other characters that she kinda just gets lost a bit in the shuffle for who keeps my attention the longest. Doesn't help that her quotes in the SIF game are so self-deprecating. She even calls herself boring in some of the lines and apologizes for it, which kinda rubs me the wrong way.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Is Kanan popular? She's right down there with the rest of the 3rd years and Chika.

Also, I find it funny you mention You because I find it tough to get a grasp on her. Like she has a bunch of smaller characteristics to her but she kinda acts as a balance to the two stronger more opposing personalities in the 2nd years. I sort of feel the same about Maru. They're not bad or anything and I still quite like them but I feel like other characters make more of an impact.

I like You because she's a relatively grounded character that has some nice quirks with the saluting thing but also is out to support the rest of the group and Chika specifically. I have her firmly in the middle of my list. Reminds me of Kotori and she was also a solid middle of the list character.

I guess I misread the character polls posted wrt Kanan. Honestly, with the amount of material she's been in, I was surprised she isn't dead last.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

I'm very happy for You, both for realizing how much Chika really cares for her and for how sick it was when she slammed Mari onto the ground

You is a pretty great character, and her singing the ED this episode was perfect. Wanted to see more of glasses You, she was cute. All those imagined confrontations with Chika, the kabedon especially. Mari flip just shows how she won't take any poo poo either, though I guess Mari bopping her on the head kinda canceled that out. Great to see that the second years are taking the experience of the third years to heart and actually talking about poo poo too.

Speaking of Mari, she continues to be a amazing, though Dia is still best girl. Mari is a close second though. Ruby continues to be super cute as well, she's moving up.

Loved the fact that Yohane's costume had the little bat wings in the back and the fact that the bracelets referenced each Aqours members' image color. All these details, man!

Also, Saint Snow is from Hokkaido? Man, that's a ways to travel to Tokyo. Thought they were local.

Aqours doing an inadvertent black power salute was weird to see though. I know it wasn't intentional, but still...

And yeah, those comics continue to be great, but are indeed getting increasingly lewd. Keep up the translation stuff though!

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Sep 11, 2016

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Surprised there haven't been any Kotobombs here (or the idol game thread) for Kotori's birthday today. Gotta step up your game bros.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

I got the Ruby birthday message so :shrug:

Well, at least we got 2 loveca out of the emergency maintenance that they did to correct that earlier today. Another 5 to go until my next Scout 11!

Ruby's isn't until the 21st, right?

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Lucy Heartfilia posted:

You should wear her glasses all the time.

:agreed:

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

That Yohane previous episode recap. That Mari "OH MY GOD!" x3. That sashimi spread. That Kanan yaranaika. That kabedon doujin collection.

This episode really was the best. And I think they'll finally do "Step Zero to One" next episode after teasing it for so drat long...

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Season 2 better be announced soon.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

graybook posted:

I recommend checking out videos of one of those performances specifically; there's a great moment of glow stick colour unity when Emitsun goes into Honoka's solo.

Yeah, the entire venue just goes orange like how this one went blue. It's an amazing thing to see.

Also, vaguely disappointed that after all the "0 to 1" theme stuff they had going on in the latter half of the season, they didn't actually sing "Step! Zero to One" like they've been teasing for so drat long. I guess that's what next season (because they're bound to have another season) will be for. I guess the song they did here was pretty good though. That recap was great too, but I wonder why the prelims gave Aqours that much time to set up their song.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

The recap was cute and pretty well done, but I agree that it kinda killed the pacing and really took me out of the show prior to the finale performance.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

It would have been a great start to a second season

Agreed with this. Would've worked really well if it was the beginning to the all but confirmed to happen second season of Sunshine, like the recap song µ's did at the beginning of LL season 2.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

Yeah, why wouldn't you vote for Yohane?

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Because Dia is better.

I like them both, but Dia just edges Yohane out, along with Mari. Getting her in the Aqours updated LLSIF has just made me like her more with her interaction quotes and stuff, though I haven't heard Yohane's yet. I imagine they'll be pretty good as well, it's only a matter of time before I get to hear them too.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Ditto, that would be a nice get. Hope there'll be some nesoberis for sale at NYCC next week, but I doubt it. Some Sunshine merch would be cool too, though I doubt some will be ready by then and for sale over here. Probably have to get it online then.

Also, I miss new Sunshine episodes. Not much more to do this Saturday because of it, besides grind that new LLSIF event...

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

emormu posted:

I've ordered all of my nesoberis and other Love Live plushes online. Mostly amazon, but I've also gotten some plushies via ebay. I've picked up some Sunshine name tags as well as the Sunshine CDs at Kinokuniya so I would think there's a chance there may be Sunshine merchandise. If you can find somewhere in NYC that sells Nesoberis I would like to know as well.

Nice. I've seen Sunshine CDs and probably other merch at Kinokuniya Bryant Park, and have picked up a µ's CD (Korekara no Someday/Wonder Zone) and one of those mini folder sheets there back in August. I met a dude while working at a con in Times Square that month who owns a ton of LL merch, but he just moved here from China not long ago and got most if not all of his LL merch online, so I doubt he picked any up in the city or would know where to get it here. I'll keep an eye out, but I don't think I'll be so lucky. If so, then NYCC would probably be the best place to find it, despite the ever shrinking amount of anime merch retailers at the con as more general geek interest and commercial vendors and such move in.

Very much hopeful I'll be able to find some good LL stuff for sale, hopefully at a discount or something because the first day of con on Thursday happens to be my birthday as well, and as a Crew member working my 7th year there (albeit in Artist Alley for the past 5 years or so, instead of the show floor), I should be able to find merch if it's available there, but I don't think I'll be that lucky unfortunately.

graybook posted:

I was at Anime Weekend Atlanta yesterday and the only Sunshine merch that I could find was the CDs as well as some, like, palm-sized pillows plus character towels.
Pickings are slim, but if you'll be at NYCC, I want to say they're more likely to have better vendors than AWA.
I hope so. I guess I'll have a trip report at the end of next week if I manage to find anything of note. Probably just CDs or other regular merch, probably some figurines too, most likely just µ's, since the Aqours ones haven't really been developed yet or gone on sale very recently in Japan, much less over here.

But you never know, there was that full display of LLSIF in the middle of the Anime Boston Dealer's Room earlier this year in April, complete with life size cutouts of the µ's characters in their cyber outfits, showing off the cell phone game. Got a flyer out of that, as well as getting to play the game, but that was a straight anime con and Anime Boston to boot, and not a con that has been diminishing it's animu content since they swallowed New York Anime Festival like NYCC did, killing the former brand 2 years after the combination in 2010. There's gonna be a new anime con at Javits next year run by former NYAF management, but that's next year and tons of merch should be out by then. Guess I'll go see at the end of the week.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 3, 2016

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

graybook posted:

Yeah, though that one required lining up for dealers room asap if you wanted one of the jackets. I kinda did but eh.

Maybe I'll see you there next time, I plan to be around.

I didn't even know that display would be there, I didn't get to con until Saturday and all the free stuff was gone by then. I wasn't really into LL back then, seeing it in action at Anime Boston was kinda what got me more interested in it after hearing about it in anime circles for a while and got me to check out the anime and the game the next month, which dropped me in the Love Live hole I'm currently inhabiting.

Probably gonna go to Anime Boston again next year depending on how my finances look. If I do, I'll see if we can find some time to run into each other or something like that, if I actually remember talking about this then.

Also,

graybook posted:

Man, the conflicting canon across different parts of the franchise is weird to think about sometimes, primarily with Dia's statements about not knowing about idols, and the student council president bit.

Allarion posted:

Dia's interview seems disingenuous. Or at the very least, anime canon has diverged from interview canon significantly in her case.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I think all the characters are pretty different in the anime from how they are in the other material. But from what I understand that was the same in OG LL as well. I'm not completely sure about that though.

Edit: I like Dia being close with Ruby better though. She just seems kinda mean otherwise.

Daxing Dan posted:

Even in the magazines, Dia isn't as harsh on Ruby as either of them like to admit. Dia buys ice pops for Ruby, does Ruby's homework, maybe saves Ruby from dog attacks, and creeps on Ruby in the middle of the night when she's trying to sleep. She's just a high-level tsundere.

graybook posted:

This is a superior depiction of Dia imo.
I never really read any of the background material in the magazine before the anime came out, so seeing a different canon or whatever there is kinda weird, as well as the game canon from the LLSIF snippets that they recently patched in. I mean, the game seems to be sticking more to the magazine canon, since the anime is the most recent iteration, and it is kinda hard fitting all of them together in one cohesive character when they conflict.

Still, I'm rather enjoying the game portrayals of the characters, even if the anime ones are rather fresher in my mind and my baseline to compare them to. Some of the anime portrayals seem better too, Dia and Mari (minus the rock music thing) included, though Yohane, Maru, and You are much the same in the different iterations, and Ruby seems a lot shyer than the anime, though maybe that's just because she got over it somewhat rather quickly but still had many moments of shyness when it was cuter in the anime.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Couldn't find any at NYCC this year, just the usual Love Live figures and random blind box merch, plus some posters and such.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

emormu posted:

I'm in the NYC area so I check out Kinokuniya near Bryant Park weekly. They have been slowly picking up Sunshine stuff. Picked up these recently (not having a best girl is expensive):

They had these Nico figures recently on display two weeks ago, but since I spend all my extra money on Nesoberis (online orders) I couldn't consider picking them up.

I really should go there more, especially since I have a friend who works at the cafe there on the 2nd floor who I haven't seen for a while now, but not having much money to spend there when I want something puts a damper on that. Maybe when my NYCC paycheck comes in, since I've been meaning to buy more LL CDs there anyway.

I go to Anime Castle on Union Street in Flushing a lot, but they really don't have much LL stuff there besides figmas and nendroids, and it's kinda a trip for people who don't already live nearby or have other stuff to do in Flushing. Forbidden Planet in Union Square has much the same in terms of figures and sometimes other random small LL merch, it all depends on what they buy for their anime counter there.

I have a friend I met at a con a couple months back that just moved here from China recently, and he gets pretty much all of his LL merch via amazon.jp, based off of his recent Facebook postings on the subject.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Oct 31, 2016

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

emormu posted:

I don't know if you friend spotted these yesterday, but they had the rest of the key holders and these two folders today when I dropped by this afternoon:

Other side of the folders:

Welp, I'm def making a trip there for merch when my NYCC check gets in now.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Revolver Bunker posted:

I came across this and wanted to share with everyone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRttl820kN0

Took me a while to finally watch this, and once I got the cuteness overloaded me, and then gave me life.

Also, I know from when I saw the delayed viewing of Aqours First Live, but it always strikes me how tall King is and how smol Aina is. So drat cute, the two of them, and Suwawa has grown on me too. Aikiyan and Aiai continue to be great as well. Shukashuu is her usual energetic self, Arisha has amazing expressions, Anchan is bubbly all the time, and Rikyako tries so hard to be serious but usually fails.

What I'm saying is that all the seiyuus are great and am sad that I wasn't into Love Live when Muse was still active, so I could fanboy over their seiyuu and all their quirks as well.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Mirai zura!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

cute! why no US viewings... why....

:same:

Hopefully one will be announced for the later tour dates in the other cities, but I won't be holding my breath.

Also, I guess everyone already saw the trailer for the new season premiering in October, but in case you haven't:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lse7CaYLbsA

Can't wait for that month, as in addition to the second season, my 30th birthday is on the second day of the 8th New York Comic Con I'm gonna be working. So hype!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Mentioned this in the Idol game megathread, but I finally got a nesoberi at a third year con in Times Square I worked this past weekend after the better part of a year looking. A jumbo Watanabe You for $30 was a deal I couldn't pass up, i bought it as soon as I saw it as the Dealer's Room opened. Two hours or so later, they were all sold out, with just Chika left. By Saturday, even those were gone. Another booth on the other side of the room had Ruby and Chika as well, but they were going for $50, so gently caress that.

You was perched on top of my hat, which unfortunately is just my old battered Jeopardy cap and not the yellow YOU hat we all know and love, for the better part of the weekend, secured by a badge strap and lanyard. Just had to make sure not to choke myself and all that, or overbalance and send You toppling off of my head. Just glad the lanyard mostly prevented her from hitting the floor and getting dirty.

Also, blind boxes! My gatcha luck holds, got the Nico charm I wanted out of a Muse maid Pure R set box, which was cool. In addition, popped over to Kinokuniya Bryant Park when I had a break this weekend, and got a bookmark set which turned out to be MIRAI Ticket Yoshiko, and Mijuku Dreamer Ruby, which was cool.

Lastly, a bunch of prints I picked up last minute as Artists Alley was about to close for the weekend. So many more I wanted, but I got the two that appealed to me most. Cyber Nico/Maki and Halloween Yohane/Dia are life.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Aug 22, 2017

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Sindai posted:

That's one of my favorite localizations ever. :3:

I dunno, it always seemed kinda awkward to me.

Anyway, finally saw the first episode of the new season now that I'm no longer occupied by working New York Comic Con this past weekend, and what an episode it was. Getting me hyped for the rest of this season, plus the screening of Second Live this weekend.

Speaking of NYCC, I sure as hell loaded up on Love Live merch at the con, since it was my 30th birthday on the Friday of con after all. Too many waifus ruining my laifu and all that, but I seriously needed to splurge after seeing what was available there. At least I'm ready for the concert on Sunday and for the rest of the season.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Enjoy that, I don't get to see it until Sunday morning because the original Saturday showing in NYC sold out so quickly, and they added a third showing at Village East on top of that because that one sold out as well with a bunch of unmet demand for tickets.

Also, Lantis preview of the CD of the new Sunshine OP. That second song is so boss, with Yohane going full datenshi solo on top of Riko starting off the song and Chika later coming in is great. If I see it for sale at Kinokuniya Bryant Park next time I'm there once it comes out, I'm def picking it up to add to my collection.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFpD1GnnDmU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Arisha is very pretty

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

emormu posted:

Was at the morning NYC DV. Was a great show. No Strawberry Trapper moment this time, but everyone was hyped basically the whole time. My favorite moment of the live was the Daydream Warrior and Thrilling One-Way set though the You-Yoshiko duet song is a close second.

Missed HAPPY PARTY TRAIN, Pops Heart, and the first years intros because I got to the second live delayed viewing late, due to playing HAPPY PARTY TRAIN on SIF on WiFi... orz

This is on top of missing the morning showing because of the subway screwing me, I got there an hour in and I wasn't going to miss that much of the concert. Shame, since it sounded like the morning screening was a lot more packed and lively than the afternoon one I wound up exchanging my ticket for and seeing...

The Sunday afternoon screening added at the last minute due to overflow demand was of course the smallest, and the theater was mostly empty for it, but even then it had a couple of guys in the front who knew all the calls and led all of us in it, but most of the people there who were up for it knew what they were doing. We had the enthusiasm and the energy, but I guess that doesn't make up for numbers. The morning showing definitely would've felt more energetic what with the larger crowd, drat you MTA!

Would've loved to run into you, with all of my LL merch that I brought with me to party with, but I guess we continue to miss each other at NYC LL events... A bunch of LL acquaintances were supposed to go to that screening as well, and I would've loved to run into them there too.

But I agree that the two shot of Daydream Warrior and Thrilling One Way was the thing that got most of the sparse crowd on their feet, as did Sunshine Pikapika Ondo, people were doing the dance in the aisles. The new Guilty Kiss song Kowareyasuki made up for lack of Strawberry Trapper, and got pretty much the same reaction from us there. Old favorites of Aozora Jumping Heart and Koi ni Naritai AQUARIUM had tons of energy and great crowd (what crowd there was at my screening) response too. Taiyou Oikakero was a great finisher, and Kimirai HAPPY END had great choreography. Though it's a shame there was no reprise of Omoi yo Hitotsu ni Nare, and redemption for Rikyako, but I guess that song is likely gone from future lineups because of what happened during that incident on the second day of First Live. Maybe at Third Live?

I wasn't familiar with the Landing Action, Yeah! songs yet, not having heard them before, but that Kurosawa sisters and You-Yoshiko duets were amazing, especially the latter one. Jimo Ai indeed. Didn't like the way those giant balls obscured the view a couple times during the Kurosawa sisters duet, those costumes were amazing to look at. There certainly was some dodgy camera and sound work at times too.

Ran into a girl I had met a couple months back at my local (for certain definitions of local, it is two blocks from my parents' new building and their apartment there, but like 2 hours by mass transit from where I live) anime store in Flushing at the screening, I didn't recognize her as I was rushing to get into the theater to catch the rest of the intros, but she jogged my memory. She even let me borrow her King Blade after I forgot to arrange a way to get my cousin's, since she had two of them, so I could get in on the light blade action there at the screening myself, and drat did my arm get a workout. Made sure to get a couple of the "signed" 2nd Live postcards with the Happy Party Train design as I went to get popcorn and a soda as a snack during one of the intermissions, and as i was leaving.

Also met the person who placed 10th in the Rock and Roll Eli Token Event in EN SIF at the screening, she was across the aisle from where I wound up dropping my stuff and sitting down during breaks from light blading in the balcony area. She was dressed as Yohane, and I grabbed a copy of the call sheet for the songs off of her, as she printed extra copies (my copy of the sheet is currently sitting in my "signed" Yohane file folder I got the last time I was at that anime store in Flushing, when I met the girl that lend me her King Blade). Friended her in SIF after the show, when she showed off how she got that ranking in the event in question as a F2P, as she was hoarding loveca like crazy for months and playing Shocking Party over 450 times or so for the tokens because it's the shortest song in the game. She had 4 copies of that Eli SR, and used seals to idolize every single one. That's some serious dedication to one's waifu.

Afterwards, I walked down to St. Mark's Place for my now customary trip to Kenka (aka Gohan-ya from the SIF movie, where Maki takes Muse to eat after Pana complains about wanting rice for dinner) after every LL concert screening. Every time I'm reminded that the actual decor there is not fitting for Jpanese high school girls, even if it is a quite cheap izakaya with decent food and cheap booze.

Last time I was there after First Live, I met a Japanese guy on a LL NYC pilgrimage, making a shot for shot Twitter log remake of scenes from the movie, and hung out with him over beers and another couple of guys who came to see the Live from Chicago as there was nothing closer apparently. Apparently, one of them were supposed to be at the morning screening I missed, though I dunno if he wound up going. His friend apparently was supposed to be going to a screening in Jersey, but apparently he was working his 4th con in 4 weekends in West Virginia instead, in a place he said reminded him of Silent Hill, fog and decor wise. Saw him working at a booth at New York Comic Con two weekends ago and even bought my first LL figure off of the booth he was working at, which was Aozora Jumping Heart Dia, and gave him some Kanan merch I got in a blind box because she's my worst girl and his best alongside Dia, so it's all good.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Oct 19, 2017

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

graybook posted:

I had friends who went to the morning Sunday showing and one of them expressed distaste over some of the EI TAIGA stuff that was going on, or whatever. Despite that one being packed, she said she might be interested in going to the Fairfax one (where me and a couple others went because we couldn't make the NYC) since it sounded way less yakkai, even though it's likely a smaller crowd. We didn't fill the theater physically but the presence there was floor to roof and wall to wall.

I guess I can understand that, but one of the best things about these delayed viewings is the energy of the crowd, and NYC likely has one of the largest, if the need to keep adding shows proves as much. Though I can see how it could be overwhelming and crazy. Still, I wish I had made Monday morning, probably would've improved my crowd experience, though then I wouldn't have met the the people I did instead seeing others who said that they would've been at the morning one.

Wouldn't be able to go down to Fairfax for a viewing on top of paying for the ticket anyway, what with no car and a train or bus or whatever being way too expensive and take too long to get there. If I'm on Staten Island anyway, might as well go to Manhattan to have fun with the crowds at Village East and take part in the huge atmosphere of the mass of LLers and their energy. Plus tons of room to go wild with light blades.

Know a guy who lives in the middle of Jersey who travels all over the mid-Atlantic and New York for work, and he was at Fairfax on Saturday I believe before also going to NYC Sunday morning. Apparently he wanted a smaller show first with some friends in that area, then the crowds for the second. Dunno if he actually did it though. Maybe it was the Jersey show he wound up going to instead, I forget.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Oct 19, 2017

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

My kokoro...

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

no... not like this...

No, Dia-san!

Also, that Kimi no Kokoro Kagayaiteru kai had me marking out hard. My Mai TONIGHT too, those costumes are great and Mari rocking out was amazing.

Dia episode next week!

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Looks like Dia really is all Arisha all the time.

Also, that goddamn dolphin. What was Mari's line there? "Smells boom boom poo poo fiyaaaa!" or something to that effect? Glorious Engrish strikes again.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

i hope there's love live merch at magfest, for I am going.

need some nesos so i can take funny pictures when I have to clean them

Same but for AnimeNYC next weekend. If New York Comic Con had nesos for sale, hopefully this con should have some more too. Need to add to my collection and all, maybe get a Yohane or a Dia-chan.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Chill la Chill posted:

I wish they had removable Yohane buns so you could do the azumanga bit but with shiny girl imagining the detachable bun

That would be cool, but from what I heard, the reason why all the Yohane nesos I've seen for sale have been more expensive than the rest (like $50 as opposed to like $30-$45) is that bun, same with Ruby. If the thing is detachable, that would probably make it cost even more, I dunno.

This episode was an incredible reminder that Chika is 100x better of a protagonist than Honoka ever will be

I don't really want to agree with this, but it is pretty much impossible for me to deny. Aqours just has a lot more worries than Muse, and they need to work through more and become better school idols because of it. It's pretty great.

The Riko and Yohane interaction building off of last episode were great, Guilty Kiss is def becoming a thing here and it's great. Riko's expressions after being caught imitating Yohane and being called RiRi continue to be amazing, may lift her out of the basement for me. Welcome to Hell Zone indeed. Her expressions have been on point this entire season.

Those costumes were great, love Yohane's version with the horns and the correct name on the back of hers, which I imagine she would've insisted on.

Also, I'm scared for when Anchan has to do Miracle Wave live; that cartwheel somersault looks like it'll be a bitch for her to do, especially since it seems like it's done over the other members lying down before they get back up with a fist pump and all that. If they had Rikakyo do the piano piece for Omoi no Hitotsu ni Nare for at least First Live and what happened on the second day probably leading to them never doing that again, they're def gonna have Anchan do it at least once, probably at one or all of the Third Live shows next year... Apparently, Anchan has done karate in the past and might make her flexible enough to do so, I'm still anxious about it.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Revolver Bunker posted:

What happened in the second day of the concert?

Tamba posted:

She screwed up the piano part and freaked out. The others had to calm her down before they could restart the song.

https://c.lewd.se/LnmbBE.webm

e: This is from the live stream, i.e. without the magic of audio editing. Don't watch if you want to keep believing that idols can actually hit their notes while singing live

Your link isn't working for me, but yeah, it was tough to watch when I saw it during an idolwatch a couple months back after watching Final Live. Rikyako really had a panic attack after she messed up that piano bit (I don't blame her, it was only her second time playing the piece live and she had only started learning it and playing piano in the first place when they started rehearsal for the Live a couple months prior) but the crowd and the rest of the group, Ainya and Anchan especially, encouraging her through it prior to her starting it over, and their reaction afterwards was a really heartwarming moment. Too bad it probably will never be done again because of that. I wonder if that scene made it to the concert DVD or was edited out to preserve the idol magic and all that...

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Anchan will also have the advantage of not having to learn on a loving beach
To be fair, she did practice a bit with a mat in the Uranohoshi gym with all the rest of the girls there watching, but yeah, she mostly did try it a lot on the beach, which probably was a good idea. And as I mentioned before, Anshan does karate (apparently she has a black belt?), and they do have to be in pretty decent shape to do all that dancing and stuff, so she should be ok for when they inevitably do it for Third Live. They have it set up pretty much perfectly for it to be Aqours Snow Halation moment for breaking out the UOs right after that jump, I think, based off of the lighting.

Doesn't help that now I'm seeing Aqours a lot more as their seiyuus instead of the characters themselves, because of all the Niconamas I've been watching on YouTube. Aikyan's new one (HamuRiha?) has made me like her a lot more, even if she was already my favorite, and Kin-chan's weekly Dengeki PlayStation lives are great too, she's really grown on me a lot. And of course Suwawa and Ainya being so cute together all the time, plus Shuka being Shuka, and Furinrin and never living down the Sexy Home Tutor sketch is great.

I'm still waiting for more Saint Snow, I like their music a lot. They made an appearance this episode, but poor Ria only had a three word line about the bath. Too bad, so sad.

GhostStalker fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Nov 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Awesome, glad you had a good time! I really, really hope they make to anime expo again this year, 'cause yeah, they're great live.

I'm disappointed that they'll probably never come to NYC, even though there's definitely enough of a fanbase here on the East Coast that would come out to see them. Plus, they could even do the pilgrimage thing and reenact scenes from the School Idol movie.

Guess I'll just have to content myself with delayed viewings. Oh well.