Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was your favorite Titan from Titanfall 1?
gundam
megatron
that russian robot from pacific rim
goku
View Results

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?

C.M. Kruger posted:

Any word on what game engine it's running? Are they still using Source or did they switch over to a in-house engine like Frostbite?
They were doing a pretty nifty thing on their twitter where they are answering a lot of these questions live:
https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/742847554409271296

or

Wazzit posted:

I overheard one of the devs say that the smart pistol is coming back but with tweaks, thats all he could say about it.
https://twitter.com/Titanfallgame/status/742483429367943168

Perestroika posted:

Titanfall 1 was legit, a great game to just hop in and play a few rounds whenever. I just hope that this time around they'll get a bit more creative with the pilot weapons. It was a bit of a waste of the sci-fi setting to still just have everyone running around with the same old staple FPS guns. It's the future, where are my lasers?
Not only is there a titan based laser for ya, but there was also a pilot based laser type LMG called the LSTAR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Wazzit posted:

Did you turn invisible when you used it?
You do not; it just mimics the last thing you were doing and looks exactly like you. So if you're far away from someone and you pop it, then they won't know who to target (or you can hide around a corner and have it run ahead of you around the corner, so that people attack it instead of you). But obviously if you're in plain sight of people it won't be super useful.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Found a pretty interesting article about the building process that was done for the huge titan they had out at EA Play: http://www.slashgear.com/titanfall-2-life-sized-model-behind-the-scenes-boogaloo-20444980/. It's especially cool to see the comparative shot between the E3 titan and the newer titan.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

It seems like they are going to start up doing a dev diary series on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLiq4wDaVss. Might be worth hitting them up for info as they seem pretty open with it.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Wazzit posted:

The shoulder mounted laser on the Ion Titan is really satisfying when you land the hit, it's like they've attached a OHK sniper rifle to your Titan. Just be sure to manage your energy properly, I'm an idiot and just realized last night that the alternate fire (ADSing) on the primary Ion weapon drains your ability energy for vortex shield and the shoulder laser, using the default attack (hip firing) does not drain energy and having multiple shoulder blasts in the pocket against Titans is super useful, especially for pilots taking pot shots at you with the charge beam.
Another super useful thing to remember about the Ion is that hitting the crit spot on a titan with your primary weapon will refill your energy reserves. So you can open with a shot of the shoulder laser, and get a bunch of crits on a titan and refill the shoulder laser pretty quickly. It really works in setting up a nice combo system that's more than just waiting for a cooldown.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Say, here's an article about the game that should cheer everyone up: http://www.shacknews.com/article/96446/titanfall-2-game-director-on-a-slower-paced-multiplayer. Or not....

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Wazzit posted:

Archive of my livestream from the last hours of the Tech Test on Sunday, mostly Bounty Hunt and talking about RPing as former Bankers. :shrug:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ8MXa_sDOs
So it might be worth taking a look into but I notice you don't seem to slide much and honestly constantly sliding is the way to go. You can kinda bunny hop with the extra speed from the slide and used in conjunction with the grapple you'll basically be a ball of hard to hit momentum.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Antoine Silvere posted:

Attrition's In Titanfall 2,
All's Right With The World
I too look forward to 80% of the population only ever playing the same mode again.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

ninjahedgehog posted:

So is appearance not linked to pilot ability anymore? In one of those video the dude was using the grapple, but he definitely wasn't the ScarfSpectre.
They just updated which model is connected to the grapple; it's still very much connected to your ability.

Mill Village posted:

Yeah, the ttk is exactly the same. Amped weapons melted people as well. They were just more common in the trial because they only had that and those drones.
Yeah, it was a bit bizarre to me to hear complaints about the amped weapons considering it's the same idea as was in Titanfall 1. "Guns that do increase damage and last until you die! That poo poo is so broken and I don't know why they'd introduce that!" says stunned crowd that never used burn cards I guess?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

SUNKOS posted:

After all 3 maps in the tech test ended up being garbage it's disappointing that the final game only has 9, hopefully the other 6 aren't awful. Sucks to see things scaled back so much when the first game launched with 15 maps that were all really good though.
It's probably due to having to focus on making a single player campaign that they had to scale back a bit on the multiplayer side; but it's quality over quantity in the end, right? It probably made it a bit easier when the campaign was just already centered around the multiplayer in the first place for the first game and that's why those maps all felt super strong to some degree.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Again: four of the six titans definitely have shields that regenerate.
Are you referring to the vortex shield? Cause that's really not the same as the regenerating shield, especially since a titan in the first game could have both.

Also an animator at Respawn has been making some adorable shorts for Titanfall 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNPnOsIiKsA

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Just a simple misunderstanding, but in reality all the titans were given some form of active defensive measure. Or at least the breakdown seems to be an offensive, defensive, and utilitarian ability.

discworld is all I read fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Oct 25, 2016

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Only some of them can be purchasable with merits, some are random only.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

It's more that the doomed health bar is only about 1/3 of your titan's total health. So if let's say your Ion has 3000 health normally, it's doomed health bar is only 1000; it can be a bit confusing when it visually is the same length as the normal health bar but it's actually quite a bit less. Additionally another noticeable change from Titanfall 1 is that Nuke Eject can't be used whenever you want and is now only limited to when you're doomed; so you can no longer just easily kamikaze into a bunch of guys and eject. You could easily get grabbed up in an execution now if you try to do that.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Let me tell ya how only people played attrition all the time on Titanfall 1 and so I was super bummed they brought it back for 2 cause guess what everyone is playing...

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Exposure posted:

And to add on to the battery chat, adding a battery will also restore some health to a titan in addition to the shield, so a fully shielded titan that's still low on health can use a battery if needed.
Another great boon to getting a battery is that it will give a titan I think 20% of it's core, which in addition to a shield and health can be that little extra bit that can help a friendly titan to stay alive.

Carecat posted:

The G2A5 was a waste of 100 credits. A 3 hit kill semi auto, just use the Hemlock. Maybe it's better with controller aim assist but I found the Hemlock much more reliable.

Tried SMR again with a pistol for two rounds and it was horrible. Great titan damage but you are standing there firing off three seconds of rockets to make you a nice easy target for all the Tones. It's still absolute garbage against a pilot unless they are asleep. Titan damage doesn't translate into score and I didn't find the slight increase in speed you can kill grunts/spectres worth it. It would have made more sense back in the Anti Titan tree.
Honestly the G2 is pretty good from longer ranges and considered more of a semi-auto sniper rifle; I think it's way better with ummmm I think it's called the Match Trigger mod that removes the delay between shots if you're just mashing the fire button.

But yeah, I think only the EPG is great in the grenadier category. The SMR rockets don't do enough damage and give people enough time to react and get away, the charge up time on the Cold War is weird and doesn't do enough damage in a volley, and the Softball can be fine with practice but the EPG is quicker to pick up and start using.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

RatHat posted:

Is the Ion's alt fire worth using? The description makes it sound like it drains your core energy which is really bad.
It drains the energy that your vortex and shoulder laser runs off of; so if you use those more, then yeah it's bad. But it doesn't take away from your core.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

RatHat posted:

So if you have the Nuke ability can you trigger it by self-destructing before you're doomed? Or will it only do a normal self-destruct?
Nuke Eject can only be used once you're doomed. If you do it before, then you just do a normal eject.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Hugh G. Rectum posted:

Naw dude you can nuke eject whenever you want. Great way to kill the dropship.
Yeah, I've pretty knowledgeable about this game; but yeah, the change was made to make it less exploitable.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Yodzilla posted:

What does joining faction do? Just change your appearence?

Also besides unlocking titans early what's a good thing to spend credits on?
Also you can spend credits on going into coliseum, so that you can get advocate gifts which I don't believe are items that reset upon regen'ing or you can win more credits to ummmmm do more coliseum so that you can get more credits to do more coliseum.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Elysiume posted:

Yeah, I don't know what happened that round. I was clearly hurting it in my last game.
It's not readily explained, but if the entire enemy team is dead and the evac ship is present then the ship will not take any damage. Not really a bug, but it can make it seem sometimes like the evac ship is magically invincible. Maybe that's what you saw.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

The Iron Rose posted:

Long range mode makes your gun shoot twice as fast, giving you twice the DPS, at the cost of taking an extra second or so to brace/spin up before firing. Better at short-medium-long distances, but worse if you need to disengage and re-engage rapidly.

Also power shot does obscene amounts of damage, especially if you hit a crit spot.
If you're referring to Legion, it doesn't shoot twice as fast. It just takes two bullets per shot, while being amazingly accurate at long range. Can be a good trade off in LTS as you can hunker down and just snipe people across the map, consistently hit their crit spot and stay behind a shield that soaks up a poo poo ton of damage. Also by the time they get over to you to be within range with their weapon, the Legion shield will probably be up and ready to use again, then you just slip back to the other fire mode and use power shot to bounce them away.

Really quite a few of the Titans have this great combo system underneath that was lacking in the first game. Getting crits with the Ion's primary weapon to refill your shoulder laser faster, switching shot ranges with the Legion, the tether to lock down and keep range with the Northstar. It's all an extra layer as opposed to the titan combat in the first game which was just using cluster missile and nuke eject, with maybe the Arc Cannon or 40MM.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Destroy Angel City? I mean really, why is the sex robot factory right next to the open fish market and the space Starbucks?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

Have they acknowledged that scorch's kit upgrade that is supposed to leave thermite on the ground following his ult is bugged?
Bugged in what way?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Knifegrab posted:

On PC it sure as heck doesn't, if it leaves behind anything its gone in less than a second.
Yeah, the trails it leaves have a very, very short life span. Maybe if it was something closer to a Firewall effect, it'd be great; but in it's current state it's just a little useless.

Honestly I wouldn't mind the titanfall kit being replaced with a core kit; like that new Scorch kit being the only one that affects the core ability of the titan is weird to me and it'd be cool to do other mods to other titan cores. Like maybe having the laser core penetrate through multiple titans, or having flight core shoot out less rockets, but the rockets it does shoot are cluster missiles.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

The pulse blade has hit the point where it is truly loving loathsome. Why not just show everyone through the walls at all loving times if it's just going to get spammed endlessly in every match?
If it makes you feel any better, it's actually been nerfed since release. It used to proc almost double what it does now.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Dan Didio posted:

What exacrtly is the Vortex glitch? I've just stopped using Ion and started entertaining the notion of Tone-ing it up.
There's two known issues; one involves splash damage getting multiplied damage to an extreme extent when thrown back by the vortex and the other has to do with the duration being tied to your frame rate.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

SpazmasterX posted:

Found another great post on reddit re: A-Wall/Devotion

Literally what? How exactly is that hindering progression? I'm pretty sure I'm G8 and top 3 almost all the time for a reason.
The only way that you'll be able to make your way all the way around the sphere grid to unlock Omnislash is to level up your skill using 'SMG' class weapons, dawg.

More than anything, I assume people just want to use variety and they'll assume that other people will do the same. So when it's just people running whatever is currently the overpowered flavor of the month, it becomes super tedious to people. Maybe it makes them feel like they have to run around with hard counters to annoying loadouts rather than running around with a loadout they actually want? Or it could just be that people like hyperbole and saying poo poo is cancerous.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

SpazmasterX posted:

Literally the only place I see A-Walls and Devotions being used is Crash Site on Attrition, not counting me using it on every map ever because :iia:
It's a situation where people will see a gif of people one shotting people with a vortex blocker and they'll cry that they see everyone rolling with it and it's ruining the game, though this is more stuff that I see pop up on the titanfall reddit. Like, there are problems present and it sucks when they happen but some communities like to blow them massively out of proportion.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

xxEightxx posted:

Someone talk to me about the ion. Damage seems sub par, ronin mobility and tones missile wreck me. Legion I can do well against mostly if the enemy is an idiot and fires a thousand rounds into my vortex shield. North Star seems to have the edge if I can't close.

I do well enough but it seems it lacks the damage to do well in a straight up fight unless my opponent screws up but walking into trip wire (which doesn't even work half the time because there is no los between the beacons) or thinks it can unload with impunity into my vortex shield.
The thing about the Ion to remember is that the primary weapon is a lie. That gun in the titan's hands is actually not your primary damage source, it's your shoulder laser. That laser hits hard, hits fast, is super accurate and has amazingly long range. The only reason you use the primary weapon is to synergize with the titan kit that builds up the Ion's battery faster; you use that in combination with the shoulder laser and things die super quickly. Also the hand shield is super good because it blocks 100% damage and people are mostly dumb and will empty out their entire clip trying to shoot you. So you wait for them to expend their entire clip, switch to your primary to fill back up your battery and then shoulder laser them.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Yeah, the bullet point above that said there are new commander intros in the next patch/dlc. So good news, they'll have audio!

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Snuffman posted:

THE FRONTIER IS WORTH EVERY PART OF THIS FIGHT!
YOU CHANGE SIDES LIKE YOU CHANGE YOUR SOCKS!
often?

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

What's a "film grain slider" btw?
There's a somewhat faint static visual effect in the game, or film grain effect that kinda mimics distortion on film, and I believe it's a slider meant to turn that down as it bothers some folks.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Where? Where do you find such ghastly shitposts?
https://www.reddit.com/r/titanfall/comments/5un9f2/frontier_news_network_02172017/

The Titanfall 2 reddit is a rather broad spectrum of people going "Hey, they're doing the best they can and it's a lot better than [insert other FPS game here]" or hyperbolic paragraphs of rage that they can't get ultra specific patch notes or whatever the flavor of the month is to hate. It's a fun read all around and a constant reminder that I still don't understand the formatting of reddit's posts or karma or whatever goes on there.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

I think it's doing Inner Pieces a certain amount of times.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Ularg posted:

64's new lines are just silence for me.
Out of curiosity, are all the 6-4 intros silent or is it just one? There's three total possible intros and two have dialogue, but one shouldn't.

Kithyen posted:

Was the devotion nerf included with this patch? I was going to switch to something else this morning, but forgot, and I'm still wrecking poo poo with it.
Yeah, the devotion nerfs are in there and also there were hemlok nerfs that went out, so that a single burst to the chest won't kill a pilot.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I don't think the hemlock one is there yet?
poo poo, you're right; I thought I had seen somewhere on reddit that it had gone live but brain fart on my part.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Yeah, it's a known issue with some of the watery portions in Angel City. Just don't embark your titan out there and you'll be golden till they put the fix in.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Also never rodeo from the front; the space to do so is relatively small in the front and there's a ground chance you'll just get punched into gibs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

Wazzit posted:

Titan Brawl not added in yet I'm guessing? I don't see it in the playlists.
I think they said they want to release one 'featured' game mode at a time. So there's Glitch 24/7 now, probably in a week will be Marked for Death, and then Titan Brawl.