Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

You know what might look better on your nose?

Fellow fascist defends her actions and calls the entire debate out of proportions, news at 11.

http://nyheder.tv2.dk/politik/2018-03-20-stoejberg-forsvarer-afgaaet-norsk-minister-hysterisk-og-ude-af-proportioner

I wouldn't expect any less from one of the most vile people in modern Danish politics (of which there are seemingly limitless). When has a seat of immigration ever had someone who wanted to help immigrants, not paving the way for internment camps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Thanks for the fine meme. I am happy that we agree.

You're tearing the forums apart! It wasn't built to handle such burns! :ohdear:

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Heinz Hynkel posted:

I am so very sorry. I will try to better myself.

Edit; had to change I am sorry to I am so very sorry. Just for you.

I have been defeated, well played.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Well, next time you may try to argue. I am sure you got words of wisdom to share with us all. Right now you just burst into the thread, puking out nonsense. Do not do that. Be the better man.
Tell us what you really think and stand by it. It will be respected.

I am a dried up well; anything I could possibly say withers in your presence, friend. Please, keep showing us the path.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Heinz Hynkel posted:

This is a forum for discussion. Don't be an rear end in a top hat.

I didn't mean to blaspheme! Can you possibly forgive me? Bring back the light, I am a lost cause without it!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Heinz Hynkel posted:

Ah, you are just nothing. Why do you even post?

I am just trying to follow in your footsteps, but I keep tripping up in your mighty strides.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Potrzebie posted:

Yeah, I'm not sure. Sorry about that.

I thought he would keep going, but no. I really wanted to comment on blocking him would be meaningless, when he clogs up two full pages of the thread.

E:

Some content instead.

It's good to see Enhedslisten keeping at it, but it's a drat shame they've proven time and time again that they have no desire to be a governing party.

Also the fact, that a vote for Enhedslisten is a vote for Socialdemokratiet doesn't help things.

THE BAR fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Mar 22, 2018

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Potrzebie posted:

At age 21 you've been an adult for three years. Why would the government give you anything for that accomplishment?

You're just putting away your training machete and handed your adulthood AK-47, how else is a Swede to live?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Limit all productions to Mandrilaftalen levels. 1 day of writing, 1 day of shooting and editing, budget so low the stars have to bring their own stuff for props.

24/7 of vildere klovn! Vildere!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

The Danish collective abhors the Swede and pities the Norwegian.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

As a Canadian recently moved to Denmark, the above checks out 110%. The level of casual dislike for Swedes here is actually shocking. Not joking.

It's a cultural thing, obviously, but don't see it as everyone here wanting to string up Swedes if they could! The three of us are properly the most "brotherly" countries you can find, in the sense of the word.

We've just been through too many wars together not to have these small jabs ingrained in our collective minds.

Rnr posted:

Nationalism seems to be on the rise in Scandinavia, for better or worse...

When has Nationalism ever been a force of good?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

When it tore down empires.

And now we have Macron. Look where that got us.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Mercrom posted:

is there an actual reason for decentralization other than that people like cars and taking up space and killing animals

Awkwardly redistribution of wealth.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Rnr posted:

Okay, so that's racist and bigoted, saying something negative about a religious custom in relation to local work ethics? Bar is low these days I guess...

And 90% of the time when something horribly racist does happen here, it's caused by Inger Støjberg. It's not our fault she skipped out on DF because she's a power-hungry lunatic wanting to be in the ruling party.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

Are we talking just moving stuff to Århus, which would be not so bad, or to like Randers or Visby or Bornholm here?

It's Aaaaarhus now.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Better to throw than sit in one all day.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Sure, use their children as weapons in your malicious quest to be.. Malicious for the heck of it.

And for the Fascist votes, I guess.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

Well my dad can beat up your dad.

So there.

Not if he's deported he can't!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Brexit has apparently also become more popular since the referendum,

What, seriously? They're doubling down on being a laughing stock?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Yet it was Säpo who spent a year figuring out, that it may have been a single shooter that was trying to assassinate random immigrants in Malmö in 2009.

But I suppose the fact that they did catch him in the end makes them superior.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

As a progressive leftist, Denmark offers me fascists and, frankly, fascist enablers in Venstre and SD. As a Canadian, this has been a shock. Living in København I have actual leftists to vote for but they are not forming a government any time soon. SD is a huuuuge letdown federally.

Oh, but you can vote for SF or Ø, don't worry!

Except that a vote for SF is a vote for SD by another name, and Ø are like DF, in that they'll do everything to stay out of a position of power. So three parties, with your vote being funneled to the one on the top. Which consists of selfish ghouls and enablers of fascism. And these are supposed to be the good guys.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I saw a bus rear end the other day that had Mette Frederiksens mug and the message "Let's stop talking about immigration. We're all in agreement on that front," and some call to talk about the climate and welfare and all that junk.

I think it's time to start protesting.

If you ever have the pleasure of riding the bus, you'll be blasted through the video screens with 1 minute SD propaganda every ten minutes. Didn't even think that was legal.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

I'd say if you vote for Ø, pick a candidate that isn't near the top of the list, but IIRC personal votes don't matter with that particular party unless they've changed it.

My cousin from Ø is voteable on a municipal level, but yeah, a vote for him goes straight into the pool. They're still the leagues ahead of anyone else socially, shame they rarely have the will or momentum to do anything with it.

That, and they're aligned with greedy murderers in SD and friends.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

mila kunis posted:

Outsider here, why is so much of european politics so heavily focused on migrants right now? What percentage of the population do they form in scandinavia, and isn't the constant focus on them drowning out discussion on economic issues?

Populists are desperate for anything to rally the docile masses against, and immigrants are what they always fall back on.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

S, DF and K all seem to think, that being willing to shake hands should be mandatory when applying for citizenship.

http://nyheder.tv2.dk/politik/2018-08-19-partier-alle-skal-give-hand-for-at-fa-dansk-statsborgerskab

This is so nakedly stupid and evil.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Randarkman posted:

Because their kid goes to a private schools? There's like thousands of people who do that. That kid will never have a normal life any way no matter which school she goes to, in my mind that's (the fact that their children practically get to live in a kind of gilded cage and get to be celebrities no matter how they might feel about or cope with that fact) a far more compelling argument against the monarchy than just being angry that some of their kids are sent to rich peoples' private schools.

The loophole thing in the article sounds far more disturbing.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Pump it up! Do it! posted:

Evil in what way? Do you think that people that gender discriminate based on a nutjob religion are the kind of citizens Denmark needs? Hopefully we will get some similar laws in Sweden soon as well instead of paying damages to idiots who refuse to shake hands.

Evil in that it's a floodgate opening for all kinds of restrictions, based on what can be perceived as harmless oddities.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

I do not think that generalizing entire nationalities, unless in jest, is much better than homophobic insults.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Maybe I'm just blind to all of this since I live here, but there are monsters in every country, yes.

I didn't mean to lash out, but I just can't recall when I last talked with someone who would rag on women or sexual preferences. Again, you can find morons everywhere. Luck of the draw, I guess.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

I've become completely disillusioned with Danish politics ever since SD won in 2011. They took every despicable action the previous government did, and bloody double downed on them.

It's hard to prove you're a good person politically, when every single party is either blatantly corrupt, evil or moronic.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Crimpolioni posted:

Is it about refusing to shake hands in general, or is it that you can't shake everyone's hands just fine but then refuse when it comes to a specific minority? Because the first is whatever, but the latter is kinda lovely.

It's a way to deny minorities jobs and such, by saying they're refusing to integrate or cooperate by not shaking hands.

It's a minor gesture they're turning into a weapon, that's all it is.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Rød Aalborg. It's made in Copenhagen, owned by Norwegians and certainly isn't red anymore.

E:

Apparantly it was moved from Aalborg to Norway, my bad. Could've sworn the bottle told me it was made in Copenhagen last I checked.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Maybe the collective evil of our political parties is also caused by a destabilizing inner-ear condition.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Rnr posted:

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/politik/hjaelp-i-naeromraderne-regeringen-vil-bruge-historisk-mange-penge-pa-humanitaer

Danish government is planning to up humanitarian aid to largest amount in the country's history, 2.6 billion. There is some weasel speak in this, as some of the increase is simply due to the DK economy being strong. However, some of it is redistribution of funds that would have been used on immigrants in previous years, but since this number has dropped low due to restrictions, can be used on foreign aid instead.

If playing SuperPower 2 has taught me anything, it's that humanitarian aid is the cheapest way to make other nations like you the most, so you'd be an idiot to ever slam that slider anywhere but 100%.

THEN you buy all the cheap, North Korean and Gaza tanks from the open market and take over the world.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

And how much of is actual humanitarian aid? Probably only a fraction. About a third of it never leaves Denmark, IIRC, and they illegally used it to cover costs of asylum rejections. Also worth noting that foreign aid was at its lowest in 30 years in 2017.

Edit: Watch S complain the funds don't go to Danes.

Should've bought more open market tanks, everything else is a beginner's trap.

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Saw the one with Skaarup today. Immediately thought of

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

Groke posted:

Norwegian oil, Swedish industry, Danish... sausages?

Frømænd.

Fremen.

Are we fighting Finns or Russians, here?

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

We need to consolidate our culture group for the extra general and absolutism!

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

I feel all kinds of awful, that we're being taken down by a loving sentient ham.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE BAR
Oct 20, 2011

SplitSoul posted:

You have to be way more specific.