Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Otisburg posted:

It's weird that outside my work theres like 15 spots reserved for the chick who played Kira. Even if she did drop by is she gonna have that big an entourage?

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

WickedHate posted:

Pulaski could have made Measure of the Man even more interesting if they made it her big heel realization.

Isn't something like that in the extended version of the episode on the blurays?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

FlamingLiberal posted:

It still boggles my mind that they couldn't be bothered to have consistent uniforms either....rather than get a whole new set of the DS9 version uniforms, they had like half TNG ones and half DS9. So lazy.

Because they scrapped the new uniforms last second. I really like these designs, too.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Transparent aluminum! :argh:

This has been my review of Beyond. (It was good)

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Data Graham posted:

But really even with the gradual development of the Ferengi they were never again as goofy as they were in that first episode, all shambling around and hissing like Gollum. We never see those weird energy whips again, do we?

We do, in Enterprise :unsmigghh:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Arglebargle III posted:

The really annoying thing was how bad everything was, including the cringe-worthy space 9/11.

DS9 did it better, and before 9/11 even!

(Let's not forget the episode it copied wholesale from DS9, including having René Auberjonois)

Kazy fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Jul 30, 2016

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I remember the same thing. The original uniform was so tight that you had to struggle against it constantly.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Cojawfee posted:

Go over and post all that on the star trek reddit. I said that Enterprise ended up lame because everything was literally the same and some sperg piped up with "yeah but the hull plating works by a completely different concept to shields."

Polarization at 87%!

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

GreenNight posted:

There was some good poo poo in these here threads for a while. Best thread name is still keeping up with the cardassions.

I prefer Netflix's new show.

(made this over 3 years ago, I can't remember if I ever posted it here)

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

The_Doctor posted:

This one? I loved this look! If Voyager had looked like this, I'd be very happy.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

IIRC their clothes are all baggy and long right after they transport but they look normal after that. Like the computer just happened to have child-sized versions of their outfits on file for some reason. Even Guinan's dumb hat.

I'm sure they can just tell the replicator to make smaller versions. It wouldn't be too hard to make replicator files variable with measurements.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Amazon Alexa finally realizes its full potential.

(You can use "Computer" as its wake word.)

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Indiegogo is where the scammers that Kickstarter rejects go, but I will break my "never, ever, back an Indiegogo" rule for this. :toot:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I'm willing to bet that All Access will crash and burn every time an episode is released even though there will only be 5 people subscribing.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

HD DAD posted:

Jonathan Frakes directed this one, and this is probably why he has a very successful television directing career to this day.

I'm looking forward to the episode of The Orville he's directing.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

McSpanky posted:

Spoilers!!!

Seriously. I went into that episode blind and it was the best reveal.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

marktheando posted:

Forgot how angry and shouty Picard was about Data making Lal. Chill out Jean-Luc.

Also lol at Lal's initial form.

Edit- lmao at the huge headed Andorian that is one of her appearance options.

Does... does the Holodeck have carpeting?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Sadly it appears that he has passed away

Christ that's sad :( He was very active on Twitter so I had no idea he was even sick.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Wait, aren't those the rejected Generations uniforms?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Hipster_Doofus posted:

Re: how tired PStew sounds, he's definitely exaggerating it quite a bit for the role. I recently watched an interview with him and a few co-stars and he does certainly sound older and sort of "slower" in a way (like speaking in more measured tones), but not anywhere near that "tired."

Yeah but it's still about 1000 light years thick. Otoh, it's about 100,000 light years across, so with a diameter/height ratio of 100:1, you can definitely say it's "thin" so I dunno.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGGEymAXD7s

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Worf’s always been an idiot though. This is the same guy who comes from the planet of drunken fratbros but is constantly shocked when they don’t act like strict bushido code samurai.

Do you mean Qo'noS or Minsk? :v:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Wasn't a lot of the work finding the reels in the first place? And they're not edited reels either, it's just the 100% raw, uncut footage.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

bull3964 posted:

The Trill in TNG also couldn't use the transporter, so a ton of issues there.

Wasn't this just because they didn't want to reveal the nature of their symbiosis?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Finally gave Lower Decks a shot after accidentally clicking this thread and seeing the Riker clip, loving it much more than Discovery and Picard :v:

e: Just finished S2, we finally got to see Cetacean Ops :aaa:

Kazy fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Oct 29, 2021

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

That's Peak Voyager, baby!

I've never actually sat down and watched Threshold, but was that one of those salamanders on the medical ship on Lower Decks?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

davidspackage posted:

I'm reminded of hanging out with a weird burnout bartender when I was like 18 and when he found out I liked Star Trek, he tried real hard to convince me the US military funded it because it was intended to indoctrinate people to want to join the military.

Just Star Trek IV! :eng101:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military-entertainment_complex

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

I've never actually seen the episode but isn't that The Rock's body from when he was on Voyager?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

https://twitter.com/ryanqnorth/status/1540293443293003777

Ryan North is writing a Lower Decks comic, I am excited.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzUX_1jaO_I

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Isn't the Prometheus the ship with the Andy Dick EMH?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

Brawnfire posted:

A procedurally-generated life based on a dataset of Ressikan civilization and the prompt is a flute that they stick in the probe

The probe had an onboard replicator and replicates the instrument the person goes with. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

College Humor died after it pivoted to making videos on Facebook, mainly because Facebook had been completely fraudulent about its viewership numbers. Before they pivoted, their model was geared towards getting viewers into their own site where they had their own ad system that used to sustain them, but posting directly on social media doesn't have the same click-through rate.

At least they were able to rise from the ashes with Dropout, one of the few subscription services I actually pay for and don't just mooch someone else's.

Um, Actually and Game Changer are some amazing shows.