Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

What the hell do I sign in with. Is there a diff between Google and that trainer thingy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

SynthOrange posted:

I have to go outside to get stuff done. :smith:

Same. Thought I could use the AR camera thing to see if I can find some mons in my room.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

What the gently caress, I'm only level 4 at my job in a grocery store.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Okay, how do I use Pokestops again. Do I need to be Level 5 or something.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

This game can get me to park a car and run around like an idiot sometimes. Just today, I did such and got a Rhydon, Rhyhorn, Diglett, and a Kabuto.

I also got a 2km egg.

Two things: Where's that rare chart thingy, and how do I understand this egg chart in the OP.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Oh gently caress, I still have to choose a team. My town's Valor, but like... Is there any benefit to being on the same team as a gym?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Xenothral posted:

There was a Snorlax outside last night, but I didn't want to get out of bed at 3 am to go looking for it...

I parked my car next to a curb for this.

It was at CP 292, still caught it with a regular rear end pokeball.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

So Pokemon GO is officially a cultural touchstone, because it has a Chuck Tingle erotica novel now.

I liked Pounded In The Butt By My Book Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt better tbh

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

So when should I start changing my mons into candy? I mean, I got a 292 Rhydon I could try to gym snipe with, plus a few copies of dudes.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Xenothral posted:

He ain't much, but he's mine.

Dammit I want one of these because it's just the best.

I mean, I caught a Kabuto some time earlier, and almost had a Machop, but god loving drat.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Willsun posted:

They're probably as rare as the starter Pokemon but I don't live by the sea or a big body of water, so it might be more common there.

I haven't been to the area I caught it in since I caught it, but I can check since said area was sort of a marina. Would it be better at night or day, y'reckon?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

gay picnic defence posted:

Only the first couple of generations were any good though, the later ones looked like poo poo and started getting stale.

That said, gimme Sudowoodo already.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

On a whim I decided to check if this one portal from Ingress is also a Pokestop.

It is, and I need to go on a walk. I also could go for more candy to juice my Rhydon up. And maybe my recently caught Pidgeotto.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I almost had a CP 246 Drowzee earlier today. One ball in, fucker breaks out and bails. I was pissed as all hell because it's a loving Drowzee man come on.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Totally TWISTED posted:

Hatched this from a 5KM egg (I think) about 20 minutes ago :smug:

fake edit: Didn't mean to cut the CP off, was trying to show the attacks as well, CP234 and I'm Level 11.

You loving benisface.

For what it's worth, any one of my many 5km eggs probably have a Drowzee in them.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Benthalus posted:

I see another FFRK regular has found something to do while stamina is recharging.

You're going to hate me. I have a Drowzee spawn in my apartment building, and two stops that someone has been luring for days. I have caught over 100 Drowzee.

Do you know how many Pokemon I can catch in the time it takes to refill 78 stamina. A lot.

Hra Mormo posted:

My yard is absolutely infested with Drowzees, I think I've caught like 20 in the past day.

I'm doing this game wrong.

Insert "pot farm in backyard" comment here.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Obligatory Toast posted:

Yeah, it seems like it's down for everyone. This sucks, I was planning on going out tonight with friends.

You can still chill with friends, y'know

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

BGrifter posted:

Go... outside? Without my Pokemon app to hide behind? Are you mad???

Okay fine, just borrow your friends' phones.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

There is literally a place called Fire Mountain near my home. It probably has ground types and rock types.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

mehall posted:

This is a sizeable radius around Scotland's biggest city, where I've filtered out Pidgey, Rattatta, Sparrow and Zubat.

Biggest and busiest city.

C'mon Niantic, buff the spawn rates a bit.

Okay so this inspired me to go get the iOS version of a poke radar.

It's saying there's a few Dragonite near my house???? Could be faked but still.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

And now I'm debating on doing the Power Leveling with my current mons. On one end, it'll probably get me some better mons at 11 or so. But on the other, a chance I could catch or hatch the same mon.

Do I just suck it up due to having just 11 Pokeballs?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Tei posted:

The way the game is designed, 11 is nothing. But if you live in a place with not pokestops there very little you can do.

I'm not rural, thankfully. I could just walk to three pokestops and a gym so I'm good. Plus around work has four stops and a gym. And other driving shenanigans.

This means I should egg level, right.

widespread fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Jul 27, 2016

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

There was a Pinsir in my village. I caught it.

Smart money says for me to pump it up...?

Edit: It knows Rock Smash and Submission. :wtc:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Pinsir is inherently one of the absolute worst Pokemon in this game. Low stats across the board, terrible moves, slooooow attack rate. Weirdly bad!

Wait really? gently caress. Gotta up that spawn rate, Niantic.

Also in my village was this CP319 Rhyhorn. I pumped it once to make sure it was a good tank.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Bill Barber posted:

No offense but you seem to be way too low of level to worry about checking IVs or finding suitable pokemon to fight with.

I mean you're welcome to play any way you want, but you'll just be wasting your resources by leveling anything that's sub 600CP. Your main focus should be leveling your character (which causes pokemon you find in the wild to be higher level as well) by catching every single pidgey and weedle you can find and then evolving them for xp farming.

Eh, you're probably right. Level 11 here, so yeah.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

One thing I don't get is why people take a PTC account over a Google account. ESPECIALLY since PTC is more unstable seemingly.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

GeneX posted:

I just got 3 10 km eggs

:feelsgood:

If you get three Weedles from 'em I'll laugh. Or maybe you'll get three Mr. Mimes or something.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Licarn posted:

If the idea of potentially making a grown man irrationally angry at a giant pink marshmallow in a children's game appeals to you, absolutely.
I dunno about you but that sounds insanely right up my alley.

Then again, I do want Slowpoke just to have.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I've found there are a lot of gyms in airports and TSA lines.

See the idea is to catch a plane at those places

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

This was from a 5km egg. I was grinning like an idiot when it popped out.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Pakled posted:

I wish you could send your owned pokemon out into the AR world. Or hell, then being able to interact with them like Pokemon-Amie would be fantastic and would probably go over super well with both the casual fans and the pokemaniacs.

That would probably restore this money printer to a better state tbh

DemeaninDemon posted:

Just like slowpoke?

I got a lickitung from an egg. :3:

Just like Slowpoke.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Taear posted:

Are they rare where you are or something? We're tripping over them in Manchester. I'd be really annoyed if I got one of those, like when I got a Drowzee out of a 5k egg.

It does feel more frustrating when eggs are now the only way I can expect to get any new pokemon.

For some reason living close to a beach gets me Sandshrews, maybe Krabbys too.

Which is odd, because you'd expect a place like SoCal to have Drowzees and Slowpokes BUT NO IT'S SANDSHREWS AND PARAS AND EKANS.

Also had two Pikachus close by this one PokeStop I always hit at work.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Cubey posted:

Gen 2 was the best in the entire series until Black/White. Sorry you have such atrocious opinions.

Did Black or White have you fight yourself from Gen 1 atop a mountain? Checkmate. :colbert:

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Crash_N_Burn posted:

Has anyone seen Jynx in the wild? There was a local park with a nest of them that is now a Slowbro nest. I feel like that will make them exceedingly rare because I haven't seen them anywhere else.

I found a Jynx while walking in the city north of my hometown. Which was also next to a beach.

It's IV's were poo poo though.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Cubey posted:

I can't really say anything bad about Gen 2 other than it being made obsolete by HG/SS, so v:shobon:v

If there's a bad thing about HG/SS, it's that the game corners suck in comparison.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Roro posted:

Except it wasn't you, it was just some nerd with a team almost like Ash's. In Black and White you got to fight Cynthia again though. Also Lilligant was in that gen so it's automatically great because she's a boss-rear end bitch.

Exactly, you fight you from Gen 1.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Cubey posted:

Voltorb Flip absolutely rocks though :confused:

I think I just preferred having the slots and that other game. I mean, if it didn't straight replace those, I'd probably agree more.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Honchkrow doesn't look bad but it's still a step down from Murkrow. Also they lowered it's speed stat when it evolved. They did that with multiple gen4 evolutions and it makes no sense.

It's like a fledgling witch bird morphing into a wiz-bird. But other than that, why does it have to be slower.

Krinkle posted:

Nosepass is straight up rock type nazi propaganda

For some reason, I thought he was ice type and went "wait, wouldn't it be fire type to be propaganda?"

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

Question. When I level up, does the max level of all my mons increase or do they stay at their first cap forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

GlitchThief posted:

Their CP cap increases as you level.

Oh cool. So if I caught- say- a good IV mon, I won't have to worry about wasting candy pumping it up for future use? Or is it still a bad idea if said pokemon needs to evolve still.

gentle pete posted:

Someone caught an Articuno from the pokemon switching glitch.

https://video-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v...46b&oe=57A052E9

God bless this broken game

We're in the weirdly good state where we can say "IT'S A WHACKY TIME ON POKEMON GO ALL THE CATERPIES ARE DITTOS"

• Locked thread