Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
This is relevant -

I still haven't even seen a Dratini, let alone caught one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Eyochigan posted:

Persian isn't region specific he's the second form of Mew.

*Meowth?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Haha I just hosed up. I took down a gym that was full of trash (really, absolute trash, the first thing was a 200cp Weedle), then installed my new dictatorship upon it with a 1000cp Hypno. Not my best, but not bad.

Then I went to train against it to up the rank a bit and uh. I have nothing that can beat it. :doh:

All my best guys are terrible against Psychic.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

So I was just chillin' at the end of a hedge maze in the Forest of Dean (day out with the family), and there was a Gym there so I was wrecking some guys bad 'mons and installing my dictatorship.

The guy was fighting back, but he only had 700-800 CP guys so I was knocking them down again.

The point to all this is, while I was stood with my phone in my hand, some little 10 year old girl runs up to me and asks "are you BearRaid?"

I am a 32 year old man. She wasn't even the other player with the weak Pokemon at the gym. She was red team too so we trained up the gym so she could get one of her mons in. :hfive:

That was weeeeird.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Eyochigan posted:

I was about to look for something like this. Pokemon type chart.

Chart is missing Haunter. Should be Ghost/Poison.

Wait is this just for the top of each evolution chain?

E: Yeah I'm dumb :downs:

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Aug 27, 2016

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Waltzing Along posted:

For the others who were able to go 142/142. How long did the last ten take? What was the worst one?

I have 7 to go and only one of them looks like it will get done quickly.

Hitmonlee & Lapras I just need to be in the right place at the right time. It's not like I will ever get a 10k egg again.
Machoke should be done in a few days.
Charmander will happen, just slowly.
Grimer, Omanyte and Seel...who the gently caress knows. I've seen 5 total between the 3 and need 13 of each to evolve.

I guess I could get lucky finding evolved versions.

It always throws me how different areas are bone-dry of certain pokes. Seel is pretty common near me, and I've caught both Grimer and Lapras randomly around town.

Never seen a Cubone though. And those are supposed to be really common. (But I have a Marowak caught in the wild :psyduck:)

Also, I have cauight Dragonair and Dragonite in the wild but never seen a Dratini.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I'm level 21 and I'm lucky if I'll get one gym in a day, if I bother to go looking for one. Lots of bored students who are high 20s with retardo strong snorlax and lapras etc near me.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

So I've worked out, I live practically on a Charmander nest. Frequent spawn point type. The spawns are visible on the "Sightings" list from my house, and he spawns every 90 minutes as far as I can tell. Usually one, sometimes two. Time to run this poo poo into a Charizard.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

:toot:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Looks useful. I read the URL as PokeG Oven initally, and was confused.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Just had an odd bug. Swapped back to the Pogo app and the only thing near me was this tiny little Paras. Couldn't click it or anything to capture. But look at it! So teeny.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

So last week I trained up one of the slightly more out of the way gyms in my area a bit, since it was at level 5 with a 14cp bulbasaur sat at the bottom. Got it to level 6 and left a 1600cp Flareon at the top since that was the best I had spare at the time. Not the greatest defender but my one good vaporeon was somewhere else.

I am now into day 5 of ruling that Gym, it's now level 7 with like ~25K prestige. :cool: Seems like people are too intimidated to try and hit it.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Broseph Brostar posted:

Supposedly they reduce the rate at which pokemon flee. They don't make captures easier and they certainly don't change the color of the ring.

They definitely do change the colour of the ring though? :confused:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I nailed an 850cp Haunter with a single red ball today. Felt pretty good. :hellyeah:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

theflyingexecutive posted:

Did you already have him in your dex?

I did. Does that affect catch chance in any way?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

theflyingexecutive posted:

Yeah, catch rate is like 95% if you don't have that guy yet. So grats

Explain how my GF has seen 4 Squirtles and every single fucker has run away then. :suicide:

She has caught Wartortle and Blastoise (34cp Blastoise, hah), but Squirtle does not like her.

Also: The aforementioned Haunter that took one red ball to the face is 91% IV.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

This morning marks the seventh consecutive night this little bastard has held one of the Gyms near me. When it started it was a level 7 monstrosity with a couple of weak 'mons on the bottom which was great for training. They got knocked off and now it's level 4 with a couple of decent things in here and this on top -

One whole week! :cawg:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Dahbadu posted:

https://github.com/mchristopher/PokemonGo-DesktopMap/releases

I've been using this one. With the latest version it works great.

I'm struggling to get this to work. I got an API key and everything, but when I hit start server it flashes the map for a split second then i get "Something went wrong, check javascript console for technical details". Buuut I don't know poo poo about javascript so that's useless to me.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

It's not a popup though.

It's the whole window, no way to "close" it.

Only thing i can think is that I generated the API key wrong or something. The instructions on how to get it don't quite match up with the google interface any more but I got a key from it.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

The Nastier Nate posted:

Go into the Google developer console for your project and search for the Java api and make sure it's enabled

Got it working now, pretty sure it was my fault. :downs:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Clyde Radcliffe posted:

Spawns round my town in the UK are the same as they've always been since the start of July. I've never seen a wild Snorlax.

I've also never seen a wild Charmander, Ekans Pikachu, Sandshrew, Clefairy, Diglett, Growlithe, Abra, Machop, Ponyta, Doduo, Onix, Exeggcute, Cubone, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Lickitung, Chansea, Tangela, Scyther, Electabuzz, Magmar, Pinsir, Lapras, Omanyte, Kabuto, Aerodactyl or Dratini.

Meanwhile I'm catching 40-50 Drowsies a day sitting at work, so I've an army of 90%+ IV Hypnos with optimum movesets waiting for trading to become a thing.

I've seen a spike in Drowzee spawns recently near me. There's a ton of them everywhere. Useless bastards. Only good thing is it means a bunch of mediocre Hypnos sat on gyms which I can knock down pretty easily.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Update doesn't seem to be live in the UK yet? (iOS) I'm not seeing it available, at least.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Went for a walk round Castle Park to fill up on balls today, and this happened -

Which was cool, first one I've ever seen. Then as I was just about to leave, another one popped up on the Sightings page, and Pokestumble came through -

:hellyeah:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

Yes: https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4v0puc/theory_potential_bug_with_ivs/
I caugh a Wartortle in the wild and it's stats are 0/15/15. The Squirtle I will eventually turn into a Blastoise came from an egg, because all the ones that I caught have been "decent" (below 70% IVs) at best.

This explains a lot.

Every single one of the Charmanders I've caught near my house (frequent spawn point) have garbage attack stats, I was wondering what was up with that.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

TRON JEREMY posted:

once it becomes a flareon i'll rename to "hot fuzz"

:golfclap:

I'm going to run through a bunch of the rare crap that doesn't spawn here so I can check off the evolutions I'm missing. Ground/Rock types here I come! Sandshrew first. :3:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I have a frequent spawn point Charmander spawn by my house. They spawn on the same single point every half hour usually (sometimes it'll skip one and it'll take an hour). It's fairly predictable.

Is that likely to flip to a different 'mon when the nests change? It's definitely not an area or cluster type nest.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Mierenneuker posted:

Beyond that you also have spawnpoints which every hour have a chance to spawn a specific Pokemon uncommon to the environment. This is just a single Pokemon and I'd estimate the chance at about 1/3. If live near one of these you can multiple of these a day, but there's no pattern or guarantee that they will appear. These are called frequent spawn points, but some people also call them nests (a name which really should be preserved for what Dahbadu described above to avoid confusion).

The one near my house is definitely a spawn chance every half hour rather than every hour. I've had 3 in 90 mins before. Very rarely 2 will spawn at once.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

So what's the ideal cp range for training? Just below the defenders cp, or the lower the better? (Obviously still being able to win with type advantages).

I beat down a yellow gym today with a 2200 dragonite with dragon pulse at the top. My 1150 Dewgong took it to the cleaners twice before the gym died. Blizzard FTW.

e: I got 3 revives from a stop yesterday, I think it's just you. :v:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

CrashCat posted:

Yeah, every single church by me has a stop, it wouldn't be game breaking if the rural areas got one on every church too. And we know they all have churches :shrug:

All of the churches near me are Gyms, not stops. There's a handful of stops around too, but like 3 of the 5 nearest gyms to me are churches.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Boywunda posted:

7 away from a 142 Pokédex. Just need Charmeleon, Charizard, Primeape, Alakazam, Muk, Dragonair, and Dragonite. It's been a grind. Haven't seen a single Charmander in the wild, hatched 2, sitting on 24 candies. I think that will be the hardest to finish.

I'm at 118 pokedex but I have 6 of your 7 missing mons. Only one of those I don't have is Muk. Always catches me off guard how different things are 'rare' in different areas.

Come to my house I have a Charmander nest like 200 yards away :v:

Pokedex attack stat bug means they are all bad IV tho.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 10:12 on Sep 23, 2016

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Oh I should go see if I can catch some half decent Charmanders again I guess. That spawn hasn't changed so I guess the frequent spawn points don't follow the same cycle as cluster nests?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I have been finding that my 1006cp Parasect with Fury Cutter/Solar Beam is awesome for training against all the water types in gyms near me. Fury Cutter is fast enough that dodging is really easy and it builds solar beam really fast which obliterates poo poo. :hellyeah:

Cashed out on 6 gyms last night which is a new record for me.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Question: What's the best types to use to train against Lapras? A couple of the local gyms have those on the bottom and I'll be going to train them up a bit soon, but looking at the type bonuses, it seems like the water/ice types end up with conflicting type bonuses. Is that going to end up with me just doing normal damage?

IE Grass damage is super effective against water but bad against ice. Would that end up with me doing normal damage against Lapras with Victreebel?

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I just evolved my first Wigglytuff. Dark feint and Hyper beam. Why is dark feint considered worse, is it really slow? Still happy with it, probably will power it a bunch. It's only 1160 or so right now.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I realised last night that the mediocre Dragonite I caught a while back was like, level 15. Just under 1400cp. I had a bunch of candies from dratinis and it has the 2nd best defensive moveset so I forcefed it and now it's a much more respectable 2019cp defender.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I have held a pair of local gyms for a week ro so now. They are level 9 or 10 and just seem to be scaring away potential attackers mostly. The 1774 Flareon (best thing I had to put in at the time. I powered it up once so it would slot above a Snorlax) in one of them has worked its way from 3rd from top at level 10 to 3rd from bottom at level 9, but if/when it drops off I'll just throw my dragonite in there and be near the top again. :v:

E: Also, what's the limit for bubblestrat in terms of CP? I have a 53cp Krabby with bubble. It has 15HP. Is that too powerful?

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Oct 2, 2016

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I caught my Lapras in the late morning/early afternoon in a park which run along side a river, on the non-river side of the park. Still get water spawns on that side but not as many as the river side.

It was hours before 5pm though.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

So I realised I can track how many of which Eevee evolutions I get from the pokedex since you don't see them in the wild.

35 Evolves so far.

Vaporeon - 7
Flareon - 10
Jolteon - 18

:suicide:

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Really. I figured I would see them if they existed since my area is literally covered in Eevee's all the time, but I've never seen one wild evolution. (I'm at level 25)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

I saw a wild Snorlax earlier. Second one I've ever seen. Tapped it and the game instantly throws "error" and it disappeared. :negative:

On the plus side my local Charmander spawn has turned into a Seel spawn. So my Dragonite slayer ice shard/blizzard Dewgong is up to 1500 cp. Might be able to evolve a second one too.

• Locked thread