Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

So, what's the superstition on getting a Crux? Gotta have Ally and Glowhoo equipped? Should they merely be in your inventory? Does anything matter? Will Necro help me become obsessed with my sexuality?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

this defense
Shut the gently caress up, you stupid baby. If you're going to post go back to your usual poo poo series of diary entries about how every single game goes.

moist turtleneck posted:

im gonna laugh when you die 50s raygun

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

http://i.imgur.com/lQcidSd.gifv

Out of town for half a month, completely lost my hand-eye with my new home theater/gaming setup, and my reward for having no skill is a game of Control wherein the entire enemy team gathers on Not-B. :bravo: Once my Titan starts getting seriously screwed, my Level 2 Warlock will debut.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Not gonna bother with IB class, shader
No reason to ever but that one minor bounty and no real reason to do the bounties unless you only have half an hour to play all week? Rep is idiotic now, only reason to actively want to hit Rank 5 at all or even quickly is you desperately need eighty shells. Otherwise, not bothering with anything is the clear ideal.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

el B posted:

Lol if you haven't already exchanged numbers with your regular crucible squad and friended on Facebook

Having a Facebook, and using it to normalize yourself to bideojame randos seems like a double loss.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Not having a Facebook outs you as a weirdo
That most people need the wheelchair of turning their relationships into Pokemon so the spaghetti doesn't avalanche from their pockets doesn't make me the weirdo here.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

moist turtleneck posted:

lol look at this old baby
I get social media but I just don't get it.

el B posted:

I get where you're coming from, but
Excellent "but." I'm 8 months into gaming in the Internet age so that type of vantage point completely eludes me. I can say I know some stuff about people from playing so yeah, total sense.

Idk about calling on Rasheed tho. I mean, on one hand the pansexual assault but on the other, I didn't get him anything in return.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Destiny Pubstomper posted:

man no one cares about sparrows jfc

Not a single loving person.

Sincerely, guy who has all the Eververse Sparrows and most of the others

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Fuligin posted:

in your content starved game

We have TOO MUCH CONTENT actually so ydk wtf ur saying.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

I haven't preordered and have zero confidence I'll buy it ever. Reading between the lines, what we really get is the insulting illusion of an expanded or deepened endgame, a bunch of redundant gear, and also some likely trash Exotics still bound to rng. PVP looks to be getting fractured further with no substantive changes on the horizon as they clearly mean to only ever tinker, not repair or overhaul.

DESTINY has a place in my heart but when every single patch and update brings with it the potential for scorched Earth disaster, I see no reason to pay to subject myself to playing on a rug that is going to get pulled out from under me as many times as possible.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Blackfyre posted:

I think years of MMOs have deadened my fear of patches. Used to get very stressed about small things with each patch and fix in WoW years back then kinda didn't care anymore. Its a rollercoaster.

Its a shame when the players are so fed up they leave though esp when you miss out on some cool guys you used to play with giving up on it.
Where this is my first ever experience with patches, updates, and their ilk, and Bungie has made it a cruel, unforgiving experience.

Truth, I bought a console to be casual with but went nuts as I was dealing with some turbo gnarl tendonitis in my left delt. If I blow my shoulder out again I'll definitely buy but otherwise, I don't care to keep on this cart-before-the-horse game where loving Reddit dictates if I get to play how I enjoy or not. I already ran the strikes, dead game is dead for excellent reason. Biggest bummer but Bungie doesn't even care if I play or not.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

fennesz posted:

Was using Plan C. 47x7 didn't kill him. I think something stupid happened like his shield got refreshed mid-burst. Because mathematically I don't understand it.

Plan C, you should have had two shots fired. Blame yourself.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

-Added affordable financing options for guardians not able to afford items at Eververse
-Added new emote "The Shitter" where the player pretends to take off pants and squat down to defecate: 800 silver
:negative:
Don't joke, an insultingly expensive emote that only detestable buttholes like me would buy is about the only thing that would revive my interest in this gay pewpew.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

limaCAT posted:

can sour many and many and many other people from buying the next DLC

:sadwave:

This is me. It's a compounding confluence of things but at the core, Bungie has me sitting on an edge already over the cliff side because of their insistence to pinch pennies at the cost of a dollar, pennies being the loser idiot poors and plain ol' assholes they defend with their code and insistence that my attitude or the way I approach the game needs reworking.

https://i.imgur.com/cenAE2h.gifv

Reminder that Bungie utilized misinformation and withheld information from the public when the game launched so people wouldn't know what they were buying. That is the company we are dealing with tomorrow, today, now.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

xzzy posted:

Okay bye.

Farewell! Kiss you, miss you!

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

What does this even mean?

Bungie issued a review embargo for days at launch so they could sell the game without anyone being any wiser on all the flaws the game had, the story it did not have, and so on under the guise of, "But there is so much game, you can't possibly play it and accurately reflect it in a review so quickly!" which is as transparently bullshit as it is telling about the mentalities of the people who push the game.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

furthermore didnt you only start playing this game like 3 months ago? How you gonna be mad about their launch day poo poo when you came on a year and a half into the game?
Mad? lmao Noting the game's history doesn't require emotion, or having been there. That's moronic as poo poo, and I've been playing for 8 months or so which is also irrelevant.

Ahhhhh, it's another round of the Krew's synchronized moon cycles. Classic. Maybe mention this to your marriage counselor, make some progress.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Um, it's plenty relevant because you obviously saw all the shenanigans and clearly knew about the aftermath but then went ahead and bought the game a year later with your eyes wide open and now want to bandwagon on the "bungie bad" train?

I don't have any problems with destiny or bungie for the most part and I don't complain about lag much here or otherwise. I like to clown on them but in the end I'm a pretty happy camper.

You acting like they're some super secretive organization that's casting a smokescreen or whatever the gently caress in order to make sales is laughable. Hmm, yes a company that expects to make money from their product is worried because the criteria that a 48 hour game review is based on will be fairly weak so they ask people not to judge it until they've done the cool stuff like raiding and such is very unreasonable.

What's even funnier is that you seem to think that Bungie should be hellbanning people with bad internet as though that would somehow not end up in a PR nightmare. I can guarantee you that both Sony and MS game developer licenses have provisions that prevent Bungie from discriminating specifically against people based on the quality of their internet services unless it literally can't connect at all.

I've been playing DESTINY as long as I've been playing videogames, a fact expressed numerous times to explain that the nuances of nerd poo poo are lost on me.

Further, I said nothing about bans or "hellbanning" or conspiracy. I mention history to back my opinions on my own experiences, which are unique in here, a place which shouldn't cannibalize it's already meager population. But you do you and I'll do me.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

texaholic posted:

In the this week at bungie update yesterday, they said it was all random going forward.

So it could be like the Strikes not long ago when grenades recharged super fast but grenades, and melee and super, recharged super slowly :classiclol:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Children are the ultimate want purchase ever as there is literally zero reason one needs to have children, and then parents behave as though they should receive special consideration in life because oh god, they have kids to look after but no, gently caress them up their selfish, irresponsible buttholes. Parents deserve nothing good and therefore should be the only people playing OVERWATCH.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

I burned my sniper rng when I got my godroll 1kys from a blue engram.

Oh, every godroll from an engram I have came from a blue, 1KYS included. Ridic.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I'm going to pax today I wonder what my note will say.

Here's the one I got 8)

Bungie posted:

Here are some codes that you can enter at http://www.bungie.net/en/User/coderedemption for FREE Grimoire cards!

1. Warlock: YKA-RJG-MH9 
2. Hunter: 3DA-P4X-F6A 
3. Titan: MVD-4N3-NKH 
4. Rixis: TCN-HCD-TGY 
5. Old-Russia: HDX-ALM-V4K 
6. Hive: 473-MXR-3X9 
7. Moon: JMR-LFN-4A3 
8. Gjallorhorn: HC3-H44-DKC 
9. Duke MK.44: 69P-KRM-JJA 
10. The Tower: 69P-VCH-337 
11. The Hive Ogre 69R-CKD-X7L 
12. Valley of the Kings, Mars: 69R-DDD-FCP 
13. The Fallen: 69R-F99-AXG 
14. Red Death: 69R-VL7-J6A 
15. The Cabal: 69X-DJN-74V 
16. The Devastated Coast, Venus: 6A7-7NP-3X7 
17. Vex Minotaur: 6A9-DTG-YGN 

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Your system's controller is so bad.

That's because you only shoved it partially up your rear end, like a sissy.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Hi, I'm the Destiny Newbie.

When you finish the free trial of Destiny on Xbox One, it opens up an (in-app) purchase menu where you choose between Taken King: Legendary or Taken King: Collector's Edition. Both of these include base Destiny

Whichever one you pick, it takes you to the Xbox Live Marketplace page for Destiny: The Taken King Add-On

which is $20 and does not include base Destiny

The Xbox Live marketplace does not sell base Destiny, so I had to immediately buy Destiny: The Collection for $60.

I'm in to Destiny for $80! Son of a bitch.

THE TAKEN KING included everything up to that point. You wasted $20.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

BlindSite posted:

I think they're going to buff the gently caress out of side arms to try and push people into using them and nerf snipers and shotguns.

I also think they'll up the lethality a little bit on some underused weapons.

Didn't the vidoc have a guy mention sidearms in passing? I think you're right, they're definitely going to get used, and not just for some broken special ammo type exploit. They're dope now with a little practice, it's just that the meta rules all.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Been teaching myself TLW. ADS is certainly more reliable with hit registration but gee whiz is it unwieldy. Should I make a point to get proficient or is hip firing copacetic enough?

E: Imgur bleh

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

deadwing posted:

All FRs need right now is an across the board buff to range

http://i.imgur.com/4NNpE8R.gifv
Fusions seem like strategy and proximity are the name of the game but truly, controlling your shots is far more important. Push down when it wants to slide upward, they lasers.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

deadwing posted:

That's a Rifled Barrel Ashraven's
Braced Frame, actually! lol It's a dirty, shameful gun.

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

I might be wrong here but
You're not wrong. I moved not long ago to a place where the best internet money can buy is abject trash and I'm frankly used to my game being a coin toss. This was an unscreened selection from a handful of games yesterday and in lieu of a fifth damage marker, imagine you did see it because it's a shot I make a lot.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

FishBulb posted:

Right, but the weapons stuff too? I thought they said it was coming with the expansion

I think instead of a handful of shots eating it down, the first eradicates it? Which ostensibly can be countered by simply dipping in and out of the bubble an extra time or two, to heal? (I'm not a Defender, idk) Which means this change will only be an issue for anyone who is simultaneously blind, an idiot, and not paying attention?

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So your average Destiny player then.

My am? I guess, I mean I do rely on myself to stay alive and not constant shields.

Regardless, it's a nerf to a cheese and as opposed to a weapon or skill so who gives a poo poo? Actually relying upon it is lool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue posted:

It contains all of ROI, the 9/20th patch will just be an unlocked. That's how all the other expansions worked.

And the other expansions brought with them changes to the game-world in the weeks prior as hype build to the expansion's release, to my understanding. Does it seem likely that is going to be initiated by today's download?

• Locked thread