Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-CSuNA23kM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Does this mean 24/7 2fort is finally dead

those usually werent official servers so youre fine

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

when did they make 2 other sniper ghost warriors?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tF49ZYB8WJQ

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Should I buy a Vita so I can maybe play P4G and some Atelier games

sure, though you could play those specific games at least on a pstv for much cheaper

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

atelier games are good, they are great

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

precision posted:

How is that free D&D MMO Neverwinter? I just noticed it's on PS4. Along with some Sword Coast game that's like a D&D RPGMaker with RTWP gameplay? Are either of these things worth a drat?

No.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Maybe devs should focus on making a good game instead of half of one

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

I can't wait for clive barker to come back to video gaming to make a sequel to undying some day

:(

i'm sure it'll happen right after he makes the sequel to jericho

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mordja posted:

Yeah, it's great if you like spongy shooting, repetetive environments, and moral dilemmas like "should I grind this little girl into a nutrient paste or not?"

at least better than the moral non-quandary of "is fighting against slavery also bad? YES"

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

axleblaze posted:

Bioshock is neither as bad as the haters that wanted it to be System Shock 3 say it is, nor is it as good as the breathless praise is got on release says it is. It's an okay fps with some cool ideas and some bad ideas. It's above average but not really groundbreaking either.

actually it's poo poo sry

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

also it;s boring

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I don't like the animation in cuphead

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Jay Rust posted:

What is A2MR? Googling it doesn't help

he means am2r whicu is a metroid 2 remake

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Quest For Glory II posted:

Man... I can't defend that then. Like, Mother 4 is all new artwork, music, everything. Do it that way. I'm still concerned about that game because calling it Mother 4 is intentional misrepresentation but if they were to change their name I don't think Nintendo could do a dang thing

But -- like I said before. Zelda Classic. On the internet for over a decade. Uses Zelda assets. Calls itself Zelda. Many Zelda games made with it. Nintendo ain't care. I'm hoping the DMCA on Metroid Paradise is a troll and nothing more

someone actually made a full spritesheet replacement for zelda classic

also here's this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCffFG7GmP8

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1p3KB-xECA

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

That's beautiful acting right there.

It also has the worst puzzles I've ever seen in an adventure game and that's no exaggeration

One part of the game can be made unsolvable if you use a pair of scissors you find on some items in the wrong order, because he throws them away in traditional adventure game fashion after using them on one item but you also need to use them on something else later that doesn't make him throw them away

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Also it implements the system where you can't leave an area without grabbing everything in it, except only sometimes, so its possible to be locked into an area because he won't leave because theres items in a safe you can't open since you missed something earlier, and you can't leave to go get it because you haven't opened the safe, so.......???

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Golden Goat posted:

I was actually curious if it's worth a playthrough. I kinda like really goofy bad adventure games.

But that sounds pretty awful.

If you use a walkthrough it's at least pretty funny

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

It's CONSPIRACIES 2. I also have conspiracies 1, but they forgot to make the digital download not need the DVD so I can never play it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

It's like a slot machine except even more rigged

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

time to play a game of mahjongg for ten years

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ventana posted:

Before takedown happens:

Posters - "Nah, why would Nintendo do that? There's no reason they would or should do that."

After takedown happens:

Posters - "Of course it happened, what else did you expect?"

These are different posters mind you, but I want to point it out just the same.

C/D's are a tricky mess. Sometimes they are sent after fan projects, sometimes they are not. Sometimes it's related to money, most times it's not. Sometimes it's related to how big/popular it is, sometimes not. I don't think it's fair for anyone to expect anything in these strange cases that we often don't have the full reasoning on. Be prepared, yes, but expect it, ehh there's too much variance.

well im glad you found a way to feel superior to both sides

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

What was panzer dragoon saga like?

What was that entire series like?

I know saga's the odd one out since it's like an rpg and stuff instead of a rail shooter. I also heard there was one of them that was really really good but also so short that you're just like "wait that's it?" tho idk which one that was

theyre a rail shooter along the lines of rez, though with dragons instead of techno; saga uses that for combat and is otherwise a generic rpg

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oddium posted:

viva piñata is on pc for old people with disc drives

i own it on the gfwl store

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

No Man's Sky does not have multiplayer. Sean Murray is a lying jerk, he probably didn't mean anything by it and they clearly are working on multiplayer features but they're not operational right now and he needs to be honest because SO many people keep thinking there's multiplayer and there just isn't.

You're supposed to be able to see people on the map; but you can't because the servers are overloaded.

But even if you could do that; there's nothing in the game that will let you actually see other players. Everything is locally instanced; its single player offline with a database connection for the map and for naming things.

Its a great game IMO but not for everybody, its a game about exploration first and foremost.

I agree that it'd be easier to stomach at $40. Its not a $15 game but its definitely an indie game and there's a lack of polish in some areas, they let Sony kinda over advertise things for them and it got away from them. But Murray absolutely needs to be more honest about the game, he's really loving awful at just... talking.

Still though, very fun game.

It's basically modern Noctis and I want to play it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Yeah absolutely.

Its weird that everybody goes so far with it. I mean, playing the game, its pretty natural to be in space and think stuff like "oh man, what if you could command a fleet of ships?!" and "what if there was an alien city?" and things like that, which aren't in the game. But then I just shrug and go, well, whatever. The game as it is already took a ton of work, and it delievers on the experience its supposed to. You can spend hours and hours just exploring and crafting and shooting things. But you can't expect any real game that exists to be the god-game of your dreams.

And that's how all videogames are, its just space games tend to make people get more dreamy for some reason. I mean you can play GTA and there's a poo poo ton of things you can do, but there's still times where you're like "man, what if we could just rob a bank" or "remember bowling in gta4? but its not in 5..." things like that. Games can't do everything, it takes tons of work just to let you do the things they already let you do.

Cool thing is sounds like they're gonna support it and add more and more over time.

You can fly through space, land on a planet, walk around, then fly off the planet and go land on another planet you saw way off in the sky from the first planet, all without loading.
That's really loving cool and no other game really does that.

Its definitely not a building game because you're supposed to keep moving, keep exploring, not come back to the same place over and over.

Its closer to Skyrim or Pokemon Snap than it is to Minecraft. But they are adding building in at some point in the future. (no clue how that's gonna work)

it's Noctis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b-gSeLji-o

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

StrixNebulosa posted:

Tharsis is rapidly becoming the most maddeningly frustrating game I've ever played, and yet since rounds are so short I keep thinking "I'll do one more, see if the RNG gives me a break this time."

tharsis sucks dont play it

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Snak posted:

I'm playing on normal. I still think that 600 flat damage that can't be mitigated is a bullshitty gimmick.

I think the combat system is really fun so far. I don't really like how random encounters are incredibly boring easy trash that I can just brave rush the entire encounter with my first character, and bosses are these giant hp pools with 1 gimmick I've got to work around. I feel like a middle ground would be really great.

if you didn't want those things then you shouldn't have bought bravely default

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

New shiren will be so good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

omega metroid sucks

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

what the gently caress

he's right though

the weak bosses also suck because they are beaten by fire missiles 20x at a harmless enemy that is hard to hit but can never kill you

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

If you're running around under lava and don't have the gravity suit you hosed up

But they still suck to fight yes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Finally got around to finishing House of the Dying Sun's campaign. I uh, don't think I quite realized what "... and bring ruin to their people" meant until that last mission. I feel dirty :(

I also realized how loving good VR Freespace 2 would be and now I'm sad that it will never be

Someone will probably make a mod for open free space you know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Grapplejack posted:

Microsoft will sue to keep their dead franchises dead.

Really, go look at their franchise list, it's an amazing graveyard.

yes i am sure microsoft is allowed to sue over a mod for an opensource project???????

• Locked thread