Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Spintzel posted:

What is the deal with Alola dugtrio

its fuckin sick as hell and my new best friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is Wonder Trade still gonna be a thing? I like it as a way to dump breeding trash and sometimes can get some funny results.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
man only now am I torn between beautiful sea princess and fire wrestler cat. I was always on team Pop but now I'm eyeing a cool rear end fire/dark wrestler cat with a great z-move and being all 'yea, I can get into that'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Funkmaster General posted:

They even have a route called Straight Street near the hatchery for this purpose, and the NPCs there joke about people running through with eggs.

I love this

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea I'm 100% gonna be just breeding while I watch poo poo on Netflix and all rather than grinding up to 100

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Is Vikavolt late game? I thought he was the Beedrill of Alola

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I don't love it but at the same time I kinda am into having my Little Buddy I get in Island 1 achieve his final form at the end of the journey.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GF would have you believe this guy never sipped sap in his life

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mabels big day posted:

I guess people talking strategy haven't realized 8 turn trick room is a reality because that makes Alolan Marowak, Wishiwashi, and a ton of other things a lot scarier.

Yea I don't get why people are obsessed over the speed issue. It's not ideal but it's not like a ton of teams are built around buffing ALL your little shits to be nice and fast anyway.

Bogart posted:

If you put Raichu and Mimmikyu on the same team, you're a bad person.

No, I want him to see it. I want him to see what he's not.

edit: oh yea, what island is the coward pokemon and the water spider on? As much as I love Popllio I have to many other water and fairy types I wanna try out, but almost no fire ones, think I'm gonna go with the cat wrestler after all.

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Nov 15, 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

deadly_pudding posted:

OH drat THIS IS REALLY GOOD AND PURE

Now I want to make a Full-Time LARPers team around Decidueye. Mimikyu is also there.

I'm very unironically into all these teams that are 'x, and also Mimikyu'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

Yeah Incineroar has some objectively cool parts but I'm not big on wrestlers, hence my rating

yea I love wrestling so a pokemon that's not just a wrestler like Hawlucha, but who hilariously has multiple things about their core nature that are wrestling jokes is 100% up my alley

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Countblanc posted:

Boxing your starter is a real Alpha move and, Hell, I support it.

starter boxing is the path of the coward

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So for the starters' unique z moves is it like how X/Y did the kanto starter megas where you get the one you picked's stone right away but have to wait/grind for the other two?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Neo_Crimson posted:

All this panicking over shipping makes me real feel real vindicated that I ordered the digital version. :smug:

:same:

my 'midnight release' I go to is gonna be sitting in my underwear with some tea and hitting the Moon icon.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

nice, so 11 in God's Time. I should get some decent sleep since I have to be up early but I can at least squeeze in the intro bit before.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Infinitum posted:

Here are my trades thus far

Yungoos -> Caterpie - > Wingull -> Caterpie -> Yungoos

The system works! :v:

wonder trade just how I remembered it.

Infinitum posted:

Shiny Eevee :toot:

ya lost me

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

deadly_pudding posted:

As opposed to Wondertrade a month from now, where the system will be clogged with all the rejects from my Koffing Eugenics program or whatever.

looking forward to flooding the wondertrade market with my trubbish and alolan grimers, literally dumping garbage onto my fellow members of the community

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Calaveron posted:

I can't wait for them to do Pokemon in the analogous Australian region (Gdaemate?) and every Pokemon is half poison type and awful and hateful

the koala pokemon gets an evolution at last, with the Stop The Boats ability. It's the worst, gently caress this generation, how did that pokemon poison ME?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

Why does anybody buy physical copies in 2016

seriously what's it like in the year 2000? Quick someone warn the president there's some poo poo coming down the pipe September next year!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
THE MOON RISES

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zoran posted:

Awww, your starter follows you home. :3:

they REALLY do a great job of making that whole 'in Alola we live WITH our Pokemon' thing. Other regions have done it but it never really felt right, with this one everyone's just casually battling, talking about new moves and junk they want to try, getting your first pokemon is played as some sacred event where the pokemon has to accept you too, all that.

My owl is my best friend, and I love him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

is...is this lass' sister a caterpie?

don't fuckin judge her

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

I am wearing a surfing pikachu tank top and my hair is romantic

This game is real fukkin good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

cheetah7071 posted:

I love my Brionne as if she was my own daughter

my owl boy is a good and sweet child

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
is there any easy way to check happiness on the first island? I'd love to get me my Snorlax nice and fast, could use a good tanky dude

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I swear to god if next gen we go back to gyms I'm gonna be so sad. Trials are so much more 'pokemon' and cool.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea you gotta get Munchlax leveled up to get Lick, then with his typing and that move he literally eats ghosts

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
manky will only find peace when it literally rages itself to death, that's loving canon in the pokedex that mankies will rage so hard their heart gives out and they die smiling

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zore posted:

Clothes are expensive..... ahhhhh.

Sorry mom, i blew 30k on a hat and shirt that look like Muk. Also really garish shoes.

WHERE IS THE MUK HAT

Also I like that you can apparently change Oricorio around by giving it nectar, that's better than my old plan of 'catch all of them'.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zore posted:

Theres a Muk hat, shirt and capris right when you get to island 2.

glad I just finished Island one then, because I've had Alolan Grimer in my party since the start and I gotta show my Literal Garbage Pride.

Also hey anyone know the rarity of finding a Crabrawler when you go through berries? I've been rooting through every pile I pass but no luck. Is it rare enough where I should just wait until it shows up as a more normal pokemon or am I just unlucky?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
^^^Yea of all the fan sites they actually have had the most brushes with Nintendo over leaks/early copies/etc so I doubt it was them being coy and more like a case of 'no see we said we don't approve of those early games, we're good. Yea we just happened to know the game all the way to endgame within hours of launch, prove we're not wizards'.

eonwe posted:

if I haven't played a pokemon game since like loving Heart Gold how lost am i going to be

this game rules and probably on the top part of my GOTY list but it's a game for literal babies and if you already know the basics you're plenty fine. The only curveball will be stuff like HMs replaced by poke-pager and even then that stuff is super clearly explained, so no biggie.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
First bit of decent luck on Wonder Trade, nothing huge but I got a nice French Mudbray before encountering one proper, so that'll be fun to have around.

Also Mudbray's French name is 'Tiboudet' which is literally just 'tiny mud horse' and that's adorable. I love you tiny mud horse, you are in my team for good.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mandatory lesbian posted:

cutiefly surprisingly wrecking people's faces with acrobatics, inside the small hummingbee is a demon

cutiefly is stronk. Mine's gone from a silly 'haha what a cute pokemon' addition to probably a permanent part of my team once it evolves.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Where can I find the death bears?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

El Burbo posted:

I'm I the unluckiest person on the planet or is Oricorio just stupidly hard to catch

3 pokeballs 2 great balls 2 ultra balls and then it calls for help and my guys aren't equipped to grind them up so I run away

You are incredibly unlucky. I got my cheer bird with just one heal ball.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TVs Ian posted:

Well, either I got super lucky or the odds aren't all that bad - found a Corsola on my first bubbling rock off Melemele, and the second thing it called up was a Mareanie.

My only question now is where is Sableye? The Pokedex shows it up at Ten Carat Hill, but I can't find it, and PokemonDB doesn't show it in the spawn table. Is it also an SOS-only catch?

yea, it's SOS only and hilariously it seems to prioritize attacking the pokemon that called it before yours. I love that lil poo poo

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Deified Data posted:

You find him creeping on the bikini chick at the beach yet?

why do you think he made the post to begin with???

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Deified Data posted:

A shockingly good friend and a mighty warrior

I finally got myself one. Now to find all the punch moves I can and load up my punchcrab buddy

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Brother Entropy posted:

an oricorio with feather dance really helped me out on that one, two casts of that and it was doing gently caress-all damage

Really? I just finished it by using my cutiefly's evolved form. I used two of its big rear end puff bomb things and then switched to my emo-owl to murder his friend. Much faster totem fight than wishiwashi was for me and I had type advantage for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

mandatory lesbian posted:

Ribombobobo is a killer queen yeah, i was not expecting her to be so sweet but i've got a lot of usage out of her

yea my pretty death bee is my MVP so far. Leaf Owl is good but this lil monster might as well be my starter at this point with how little she's ever left my party.