Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
HHH is really great at making himself look like a tremendous dork in all of those photos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Gaz-L posted:

Ciampa stands up for the best man's toast, smashes his champagne flute over Johnny's head and gives him Project Ciampa right in front of his wife.

Johnny has dropped his wife face first on turnbuckles like a dozen times over the past two years so I kind of doubt it'd phase her much

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Please lord give me Roddy and Cedric together

Roddy should be a heel though, he's much better at that

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

AMReese posted:

I don't think you're getting LaRae without Joey Ryan, and I'm pretty sure they don't want Joey Ryan.

Candice and Joey hardly ever tag anymore, they might be breaking into Lucha Underground next season but if WWE seriously pursued her I'm sure she'd consider it

Jerusalem posted:

I want Chris Hero to be rich as gently caress and beloved by the world :3:

I too wish good things for Chris Hero, the best wrestler in the world

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
About loving time

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
All I know is, if they don't fast-track Tommy End onto NXT TV and Takeover cards they're loving up. I want to watch him kick Austin Aries' dipshit truther face in.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Despite generally improving in their hiring practices in just about every other regard WWE's insistence on forcing (or at the very best strongly encouraging) every female employee to get cosmetic surgery is still super sketchy

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I mean there's no way to conclusively prove it, but it sure seems like women signed to WWE take time off for a while and then come back with implants and a bigger push pretty often.

I'm all for women having the right to do whatever they want with how they look, but given what we know about certain people in WWE management it's not hard to make the connection that they're being pressured into it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Eltoasto posted:

Your examples are Dana and Billie Kay and you think they get a bigger push? Who else has had them recently?

It's not recent but Charlotte got them, Eva Marie got even bigger ones right before getting called up to Smackdown.

I dunno, maybe it's all coincidental and there are women in prominent positions in WWE now who haven't afaik (Sasha, Becky, Bayley), but it still strikes me as pretty skeevy.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Ruggington posted:

eva's been on the main roster again since before wrestlemania and charlotte's been a big deal in the women's division since she was in nxt

Charlotte got them while she was in NXT, along with a lot of other work. Go back and see what she looked like when she first started showing up on NXT TV, it's a trip.

Whatever, I don't want to come off as totally fixated on this or for this discussion to totally take over the thread or anything. It's an uncomfortable aspect of the wrestling business but certainly not unique to it.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

RealFoxy posted:

The longer Asuka goes undefeated the bigger of a problem it's gonna be unless they sign some super-indy prospect or Joshi to take the title off her. :v:

Sign Hojo pls

Ember Moon seems like the logical choice to me, but idk

Depends on if they ever intend on bringing her to the main roster or if she's just going to be in NXT forever I guess

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Basic Chunnel posted:

He's pretty fuckin' tall, bro

Worked for Baron Corbin

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Remember when Bull said that indie fans didn't like him because they perceived him as 'a TV guy' and then somebody pointed out to him that he never made actual television before getting fired

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Dr. Baker posted:

Kimber Lee seems like an obvious signing to me.

She's really small, isn't she? I guess that didn't really stop them from signing Alexa Bliss or Nikki Storm, so maybe that matters less for women.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Shawn Cotureier posted:

Sabitelli was a huge bust in the NFL though, right?

He made a roster for a while, which is more than former WWE champion Roman Reigns can say

Baron Corbyn posted:

If this happens, I hope it's because they've brought in Tommy End as a member of the group instead of giving the NXT title to Eric Young, who made Sanity a million times less intimidating by having a Canadian flag patch.

I'm enjoying the way NXT is(/was) building things no-one cares about like Dan Matha's debut and Blake vs. Murphy, then having Joe just wreck them. I felt a bit bad for Blake and Murphy because it seemed like they were given just enough time to have the crowd start to care about their match before Joe showed up.

Has Itami/Ibushi's first round match been taped yet btw?

Tommy End's gimmick should just be staring holes in people and then kicking them in the head, not whatever post-apocalyptic cosplayer bullshit they're doing with Sanity.

I don't recall seeing the Itami/Ibushi team in the reports from the last NXT taping. I imagine that teamup would have been all over social media as soon as it happened if they taped a match prior to announcing the team.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 08:03 on Oct 13, 2016

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
What is the point of the weird capitalization in Sanity? It's not even properly intercapped like some lovely message board handle circa 2003!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
If Full Sail didn't pop for Roddy they can all get hosed.

Jerusalem posted:

Good Lord. Mickie James AND Kenny Dykstra just randomly back in WWE, what's next? Chris Hero? Could Chris Hero be next? Please? PLEASE!?! :pray:

WWE doesn't deserve Chris Hero. They had their chance.

achillesforever6 posted:

Why does ReDragon do that too?

reDRagon was originally formed via their mutual feud with Davey Richards, iirc, hence the capitalization of DR. Which means the name of the team makes no sense now that Davey burned his bridges with ROH, but it had name recognition by that point so why change it?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Desumaytah posted:

This Roderick Strong guy sounds like player 2 Dolph Ziggler on the mic.

Is he player 2 Dolph Ziggler? :mad:

If Dolph Ziggler was about a billion times better at everything related to wrestling and also a completely different character, sure

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

MinibarMatchman posted:

have heard good things about Tommy End and Big Damo. I kind of know the latter is a huge Irishman but don't know much about Tommy End.

Picture mini Chris Hero if he were way into black metal instead of rap music and threw roundhouse kicks instead of elbows and you're on the right track. He's really good and I think he could be huge in WWE with the right presentation/push.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Biff's match with Ciampa in PWG was what made me into a fan of both guys, they work really well together.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Basic Chunnel posted:

Triple posting to say: a year ago, 6 months ago, would a Roderick Strong debut have landed with a whisper?

I think there was too much of a gap between him leaving the indies and debuting on NXT TV. Everyone knew he was coming, but he wasn't a Kevin Steen-level 'get' so there wasn't the kind of hype that would exist no matter when he debuted. Plus the angle for debuting him was kind of flat because anybody who knew who Roddy was could instantly tell he would be Aries' mystery partner as soon as that was announced.

Roddy should really be at Roode's position on the card ASAP because he's ten times the worker Roode is, but Roode got a theme song people like so they have to ride that out I guess.

Baron Corbyn posted:

Tye and No Way Jose are the only homegrown male singles wrestlers with any build. Patrick Clark would probably be next on the totem pole after them.

And it was definitely around the time Zayn became champ. Breeze was built up as a contender to Neville and Corbin was on the level where you'd think he'd have a chance.

Jose isn't really homegrown. His career hadn't gotten beyond regional indies before getting signed by WWE, but he wasn't trained by them and had already been wrestling for at least a few years before getting offered a contract.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Why do people keep acting like Tye Dillinger needs to win things

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Tommy End is better in the ring and on the mic than Finn Balor, if he gets the same level of investment from NXT and then the main roster I don't see why he can't get over to the same degree if not more so than Finn was before he got hurt.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Benne posted:

I guess the real question is how invested they are in End, but you make an interesting comparison with Balor.

Balor's NXT push was carefully managed and well-protected -- they debuted him in a hot angle (back when Full Sail still cared about The Ascension), moved him up the card at a steady pace, only gave him losses when it mattered and wouldn't hurt his status (like his first title shot against Owens), and then pulled the trigger at the right time (winning the title in Japan) before cementing him as The Guy. From the very beginning they were committed to making Balor a star. Nakamura got the same kind of push when he came over (although it was accelerated due to the mass call-ups at the time).

Will End get that same treatment? I hope so, but not sure.

He's probably not enough of a pre-established 'name' like Devitt or Nakamura were to get the 'we are going to groom you to be a main eventer the whole way' treatment, but he should. Then again, Styles had to gently caress around in the midcard with Jericho for months after coming in to WWE and now he's WWE champion, so who knows.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
What's Roddy using as his finish on these NXT house shows? Are they letting him use End of Heartache?

I don't suppose that necessarily indicates anything since Hideo used G2S on house shows long before he ever did it on TV, but I'm curious nonetheless.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Of course Ricochet would be there to pick up his besto friend

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

keevo posted:

Tbh the only person I'm really interested in seeing is Candice LeRae because I've never seen her in a match.

Then again the only person I wanted to see in the CWC was Ibushi and that's how Tozawa came into my life.

She rules, although her niche on the indies was wrestling dudes and a lot of people didn't consider her matches with other women to be as good. I wonder if they would play up her being married to Gargano if they did bring her in, John Boy's always referred to her just as 'my fiance' in promos up until now.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
tbh if you didn't see the title changing hands as soon as they announced that match, what are you even doing

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Bard Maddox posted:

I've never seen a good Kimber Lee match

I saw her have a pretty good match with Candice in... Smash, I think it was? It was free on Youtube a while ago.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Tommy and Roddy having a singles match in front of like 40 people in a Florida armory makes me want to die inside a little bit

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Why would WWE want him back when he didn't even make TV the first time around and he's spent the intermediate time as a TNA midcarder with a stupid gimmick?

Like, what the gently caress does it take to get turned down by WWE right now?

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm gonna miss him so much

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
lmao, they really put the title on Roode

well, I guess it makes sense that HHH wouldn't have a problem with Dime Store HHH being the champ of his vanity fed

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

sticklefifer posted:

Won't happen until HHH takes over. If nothing else, Trips appreciates things that are loving metal. :black101:

HHH is NWOBHM though, not black metal. In other words, he's old.

I think corpse paint Tommy is an inevitability in WWE but I dunno how much further it'll go than that.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I thought Nicole Matthews retired a while ago

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Chris Hero is the best wrestler in the world and I think that gives him the right to do whatever the gently caress he wants with his look

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Yeah a highly religious white man from Indiana being conservative is hardly a surprise

Disappointing though, I always liked Drake

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Tommy is fine on the mic, he doesn't even have much of an accent

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

The_Rob posted:

I'm not even being ironic. Hero getting bigger has legit ruled and made his strikes look that much more devastating and his high flying moves look that much more impressive.

Seeing him do a step-up rana or somersault plancha at that size was always awesome as hell, every time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

shiksa posted:

oh yeah i mean nikki cross rules and im glad she's getting a spotlight on her but macy estrella or whatever her name was was like 6'0" and jacked like lady jobbers usually arent.

also lmao i mean im glad baroness is getting some money for wwe using their song, but that album's like two years old, i thought that sort of thing was for pumping up poo poo that just came out. the first band with the glam rock singer, hoooooly poo poo that was bad.

man ohno's dreamteam outfit rules a lot. sorry, just got home to watch now.

wait, what Baroness song did they use?

• Locked thread