Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Code Jockey posted:

same, I think I'm gonna switch to edibles for a bit if I can

got lots of flower, just need to turn it into food

nice, what's your conversion method of choice? I've been decarbing flower into butter and immediately using that in chocolate peanut butter chocolate chip cookies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Code Jockey posted:

I've got a Levo II and for small batches I like to decarb with it, but if not that, I like to use my instant pot since it's even less smell. 40 mins high pressure in a finger-tight mason jar does the trick, then it's into either butter or MCT oil. For the infusions I'll either use the Levo (which is easy - decarb in it, dump in the material to infuse with, then run the infusion cycle and you're done) or infuse in the instant pot: 4 hour low temp slow cook in a water bath, stirring occasionally

nice, nice - my setup is a bit more ersatz (decarb flower by itself in oven, put that flower into butter and place that mix into a hot water bath for the infusion cycle) but it sounds fairly similar then!

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

it's not called skunk for nothing

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Sunk Dunk posted:

Question for my weed heads

I went on vacation and had a 2 week t breaks

I’m now back and hitting my regular 510 vape pen is not even getting me high. I smoked a joint and it was all good though. Is my body broken?

that would make me guess there's something wrong with the vaporization on the 510 pen rather than your body imo - you're getting visible vapor when hitting the pen yeah? might be worth giving the battery a quick recharge just to make sure it's actually got power stored (2 weeks without usage might've gotten it into a state where it's not really vaporizing anything if it was near dead iirc?) and that should force you to reset the cartridge connection too

anyways not sure what's going on but the big chain dispensary seems to have a long running bogo sale on vape carts; weirdly enough they're being very explicit on it being bogo not 50% off but I guess I shouldn't complain. wonder if their suppliers somehow got access to some of the overstock weed from the PNW to make into secondary products as a workaround, that'd be funny if so. shame they're owned by an ex-cop

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

oops the brownies I made last week apparently had like a third of the THC in the back eighth of the batch

my partner has been finding this out the fun way over last night and today, but we didn't have anything planned thankfully

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

i think we'd agree

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

yeah that'll never look like that naturally; best case scenario is that they're moon rocks like Crimson said (usually nug of flower dipped in hash oil, then covered in kief or thca powder), but given you've said he's pretty naive it could just be flower rolled in powdered sugar

E: given the clumpy residue on the jar I'd hazard it's sugar lol

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

not sure what I did differently with baking this batch of pot cookies but they're more of a muffin like consistency on the interior

whatever, didn't seem to harm the potency too badly

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Probably a little more flour than usual. When baking, go with mass (grams) rather than volume (cups).

nah, everything was massed in grams; I've been using a food scale for the last dozen batches or so

might have just left them a bit taller when putting them in the oven, who knows

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

oh yeah pressure has been all kinds of hosed up today, that could do it too

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Vakal posted:

THC for Physiotherapy must be a thing right?

I know I've been trying to correct muscle imbalances in my right leg/thigh for years now and at best when I do the prescribed exercises I have a vague feeling of the major muscle groups contracting and relaxing.

On weed though, I can feel all the muscles working , even the tiny stabilizers ones and can focus on making sure they fire up.

And if I get really wacked out I can even feel my bones moving and nerves pulsing.

That does sound like it may be helping with your kinesthetic awareness (or kinesthesia), though I'm not a doctor and I have no idea how you'd differentiate that from false positives. Are you still in contact with whoever prescribed the exercises to you? It might be worth describing both sets of sensations to them and see if it jives with what they'd expect someone who's getting more body control to be feeling or if this is something else entirely.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

might be jerky

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

a modern dank warrior, mean weed stride

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

yeah, they were probably too cheap to do anything beside the bare minimum changes to the casing to make it more difficult to enable to the less useful setting. if it's been long enough for them to do a hardware revision they really should have disconnected that drat button though or depopulated the pin on the chip (assuming that's it's use) lol

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

That just makes me realize I’m so old that I never bothered figuring out if the minimum age is 18 or 21.

basically everywhere it's legal in the states has a recreational age limit of 21, a handful of states have medical exceptions though

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

loving christ, those guys should be glad you didn't get violent with them

that's miles beyond "loving with someone", way into malice and assault territory

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Carth Dookie posted:

My 6%CBD/6%THC (pennywise) strain comes in the worst loving sealable baggy that shaves and collects dust in the corners and is just lovely to use. Anyway bags empty so I cut it up to harvest the kief just to see how much the bag was robbing me and came out at 0.12 grams. Perfect for a dynavap bowl. Kinda tricky to pack the bowl cus it's so dusty but pack it in it's all good. Rip it in 2 heat cycles and they were suuuuuuper dense pulls and now I'm absolutely tripping shiiit way more than 6% has any right to.

Every fuckn trichome was at the bottom ahdgd fjekxn

wait, how big was that bag? regardless an eighth of a gram of trichrome getting stripped by lovely packaging sucks

so here's a question - any way those poo poo bags could have hosed with their testing if they were using those for transportation?

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Sweden yes, but Sweeden? No.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

seeing South Africa in blue surprised me for a second

I had forgot Durban existed apparently :v:

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

yeah, indiana has the misfortune of having gary

idaho is like if you took the badlandsy eastern parts of oregon and washington, distilled them and drenched a potato in that residue, then sprinkled a little french on the result

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

yeah, Pence is an absolute piece of poo poo, I just only know about the rest of Indiana's issues from a 10000ft view since I grew up in the PNW (and am now down in the SW)

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

oh, you guys in Indianapolis also do Drum Corps International every year too, that was really loving cool when I went in 2017. my spouse has always been huge into marching band stuff (went to Texas Tech to join the Goin' Band) and had a friend who acted as a plug for us for the week, heheh

shame it's probably too trumpy for us to do that again anytime soon

anyways, enough of that derail

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

bah, that's the last of my cheesecloth for cannabutter again :saddumb:

that last reel I had lasted quite a while, just need to pick up some more next time I hit the store

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

CBD is an excellent muscle relaxant and pain reliever, I've explicitly kept my ABV from my dry vape to make higher CBD ratio edibles for pain relief focused stuff

tastes like poo poo but it's somewhat effective, it does need a lot of vaped matter though

Scrotum Modem posted:

i miss the classic strains

the last one i had was many years ago, Northern Lights. got before I let my medical card expire due to recreational legalization in michigan

and what I loved about it was that I just bought a quarter oz and after the bud dude weighed and bagged it, I realized what I received was this tiny tiny piece of a nug and then this massive thing that looked like a miniature christmas tree

depending on where you're at you might be able to get some of the classic strains. northern lights was still kicking around some dispensaries in the pacific northwest a few years last I checked before I moved down to the southwest; that was the main strain I was using for treating my chronic migraines

dervival fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jul 5, 2023

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Jelly posted:

Weed is necessary for me for anxiety and appetite but of course I also enjoy how it feels.

I'm finally realizing that dabs and pens don't really scratch the itch like flower does, which is a bit confusing to me because they're supposed to be more concentrated. They work fine they just don't last.

Generally I'll smoke like half a bowl of flower (one puff) and go 4-5 hours before I think about smoking again. Two full puffs from a cart won't get me to that same level, and neither will a fat dab that yields like 2-3 huge clouds.

This made travel a bit of a struggle until I discovered that edibles work as well as flower does. I won't really get the same high from them but they take care of everything properly.

RSO works even better. Those syringes are pretty suspect, but I'm just now realizing that is probably one of the most discreet options available when mixed with snacks or food. I took some RSO before my last trip to the airport and it annihilated my anxiety in ways I'd never experienced.

I'm thinking maybe if I just go straight flower when I'm at home, when I do travel, my body won't be acclimated to concentrates and they'll work better.

The carts that are focused on "terps" never do poo poo for me at all so I avoid them. I have the best luck with the rosin ones.

hm. given that flower works, edibles mostly work, and RSOs work, I'm wondering if there's something getting stripped in the concentration process that you're needing. I don't think it's an acclimation issue you're having here, at the very least.

any idea what cbd content any of this had? That's usually a better go to than THC for anxiety from what I've seen, though I'm not a professional; given it's not psychoactive that might be getting filtered out in the vape carts/dabs, too.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Jelly posted:

This is my (based on nothing) theory as well.
During a high anxiety episode I tried 200mg of CBD from a tincture multiple times and it did absolutely nothing for me. Like I could feel how it was relaxing my body but it wasn't working on the emotional anxiety.
But those 2:1 or 1:1 edibles will floor me. These ones in particular: https://www.dropscandies.com/ (live rosin), but I'm skeptical pure CBD would provide the same effect but it seems if anything I should try it in flower form (hemp flower) or edibles.
I tried some THC/CBG joints and the CBG had a nice relaxing effect in combination with the THC. While it was short-lived it was very relaxing, and it's also supposed to stimulate appetite for those of us whose anxiety is directly connected to our stomachs. Those joints burned very evenly and dense, like it took a lot of work to put them out.
hm. I must admit most of my experimentation has been for head stuff rather than gut stuff, for what it's worth as well. I think you're also on the money that pure CBD isn't going to be effective either, from what I've from a friend that had to rely on hemp flower earlier on in their life now that I think on it further; body high was present but given there's no psychoactive effect it wouldn't do anything for anxiety. CBG is fattier/higher rosin content than CBD so I'm not surprised they burned super densely, haha. in any case, I do hope you find something that consistently works for you soon.

in other news, the dispensaries nearby have been getting really cutthroat with hundred dollar ounce sales, not that I'm complaining. somewhat lower quality stuff but it's all getting decarbed and thrown into butter anyways so whatever

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

oh right I forgot how much better I was at balancing mint flavors I am than spice (cinnamon/cardamom, etc) in chocolate, this batch of cookies is excellent

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

MrQwerty posted:

flower prices are at least getting better in NM a year and some change into rec

can confirm, seems like every dispensary around me is running some sort of $100/ounce flower sale or something of the sort at the moment. it's been good for buying in bulk

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

decarbed about ~1200mg THC into some cannabutter and baked that into a dozen mint chocolate chocolate-chip cookies, we'll see how those turned out tomorrow

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Code Jockey posted:

oooooooooh that's a good idea, drat

mint and chocolate

Well, the pectin gummies are entirely too pectin, I need to add another gelatin in there for structure. Otherwise, I really want one but I have to be up early for work

tomorrow after work this will not be the case

yeah, a few weeks back I picked up a cheapish ounce of kush that I was having issues hiding the pot flavor that adding cocoa powder to the dry ingredients finally fixed and I've been enjoying the effect on the flavor since. i *also* finally stopped being lazy enough to actually get some mint extract since it's one of my spouse's favorite flavors lol

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Hammu-rob-i posted:

When I realized I'm just making cookies with it and didn't need to strain it, I stopped buying cheesecloth and just accepted the extra fiber. My shits do reek of marijuana the day after (just a couple regular bite's worth)

the bf is pretty sensitive to the actual plant matter (actually did some blind A/B testing on this back in the PNW, could definitely tell a difference in his reaction between the two) so unfortunately that wouldn't work - I just ended up picking a little scoop strainer for aromatic oils that's been doing the trick though

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Hellblazer187 posted:

I know most of you have neater set ups than this but like, just think about how unimaginable this would have been 20 years ago.

nah, that still looks better than my doofy-rear end volcano and balloons

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

LifeSunDeath posted:

yeah something is off with IL weed situation. my homie was getting stuff from there sent to him for a while and it was as close to shwag as I've seen legal weed, and would occasionally get vape carts from his guy that ended up being fake carts (not all of them but definitely some). I'm like fake carts from a legal state...something is seriously wrong.

Yeah, that's absolutely hosed - was there any manufacturer info on the false carts? If they're to blame for the counterfeits I'd avoid them like the plague, there's no reason for that nowadays

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

now the question is, which terpenes complement the smell of weed the best

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Spaghett posted:

Vaped weed gives me a more intense high for a shorter period of time. I'm usually higher off one or two rips than I would be on a joint, but it lasts 2 hours instead of 4. Just my experience tho.

I wonder if that's because you're getting less total psychoactive compounds all together, but more active THC? Vaping pot avoids direct combustion a bit more effectively, but there's still going to be more psychoactive stuff left over in the ABV duff than in the ash remains of a joint.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

well there's your problem, you were supposed to go see Tar, not breathe it

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

that nug got you fugged

I've been making edibles (cookies) for me and my spouse the past few months to cut down on pot costs and it's been pretty good at curtailing those, if not our THC consumption heh. Probably need to take a tolerance break soonish

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

yeah uh health issues are a loving bitch

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

LifeSunDeath posted:

Oh so today is the day I ate all that abv weed like an hour ago and I'm getting really high rn.

nice, any idea how much abv you chomped there? I've been using it to round out some of my cannabutter for cookies, it's definitely been bumping up the THC a bit and the CBD content considerably from what I can tell (and from what I'm seeing from my spouse's reactions to them lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

SilvergunSuperman posted:

It tastes like absolute poo poo.

yeah, it's plant matter you've baked anywhere from 60 to 80 percent of the way to ash, abv is going to generally taste like trash if consumed directly

I've found a layer in a peanut butter sandwich gets hidden pretty decently if I'm going that route