Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

reignofevil posted:

Realtalk: as dedicated thread mother I do my best to encourage just the right balance of funny shitposts to serious nerdy discussion of themes and quality and poo poo to keep this place from being a total gutter but also to make everyone feel welcome to post.

Hey hey

Hee Hee

I make poo poo and pee pee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i hope the next rlm video is from bizarro world where mike is rich and jay is mike and rich is jay, so jays body but richs laugh:swoon:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MrSlam posted:

We're already in bizarro world. Go look at the newspapers.

the honest criminal won over the shady criminal, seems like a win to me????

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol this got me real good. also the lil smile when susan rips the paper

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

canned from the band posted:

An hour long episode of half in the bag? I just shat myself.

xmas tlruly came early

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Weirdo posted:

The worst part about that vvitch movie is how all the characters were talking so weirdly, like, no one talks like that anymore LOL also when that cartoon witch started her music scene with the talking animals I was really taken out of it

ya idgi they were like weird british ppl, total turn off

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Wicker Man posted:

Just so we are clear, it's the same witch movie of a boy who's character is that he is young and has blue balls dies in the throws of some kind of demonic orgasm?

also the boys friend kisses the witch before he does

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Jay doesn't look like anything to me.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Guy Goodbody posted:

Josh watches the movies beforehand so he can be the first to notice stuff during the filming, he's a pathetic tryhard

Completely unsurprising

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Origami Dali posted:

Why does anyone call that shitlord Wizard? Is that a thing? Did he name himself that, because of course he did?

he catches all the jokes in the movies

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Soral posted:

jim ("the other canadian") should be on more often just to read the film titles off the wheel, which is when he is at his most powerful

agreed

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

canned from the band posted:

this entire episode is just evidence of how much of an alpha male Mike is

*shifty eyes*

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i hope the rlm rogue 1 video is a hundred hours long

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Rogue One loving sucked. Can't believe the praise it's getting. Jin Urser is the most bland character Star Wars has ever produced. Last five minutes are rad as poo poo and the whole film should have been like that.

shut UP THats NOT WHATWE THINK IN HERE!!!!!!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
mike hasnt passed judgement yet. when he does jay will look to him for that opinion and we will look to jay.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Fojar38 posted:

the darthstar blows them up which is too bad because i wanted to see nerds get even madder when the latino guy and the white girl protagonist bang

we donno if she was white she might have been space italian

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quantum of Phallus posted:

I don't consider myself a Star Wars fan at all but I enjoyed TFA way way more than this one pretty much because of the characters in TFA. I think that, like they said , Edwards can stage an action scene but he can't direct actors for poo poo. Forrest Whitaker in particular was a totally undirected actor in this, it's like he was taking the piss to see how hammy he could act. Comparing it to his performance in Arrival from last month is like night and day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1c7Q7eF0Cc&t=22s

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WampaLord posted:

They're like a band trying to promote their new stuff (Space Cop) while the entire crowd screams for them to play their big hit that made them famous (Star Wars reviews).

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
oh yeah if any of u are on the fence about watching that Dirk Gently show, the bad guy is literally Plinkett. its weird to see him outside the house

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Blazing Ownager posted:

R1 really needed better characters but I do think some of their complaints are kind of silly.

It's like "Why does this World War 2 movie have Panzers in it? And Hitler? Remember PANZERS AND HITLER? Nostalgia.... ?"

rations.... japaNESE PEOPLE.... THINGS WE KNOWWWW

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Paladinus posted:

The rebels will construct two thousand death stars to fight the empire, but the empire will have their new secret weapon. Death star star death star. A death star that kills death stars by shooting death stars.

it should be called "Death's Star" that sounds so bad rear end, also its like a call back to the original

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a bone to pick posted:

When are we finally getting a spinoff for this guy??

his son was working for forest witaker in R1, what more do u want???

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
So al the Star Wars are a long time ago really far away. but like what's going on today?? what about modern star wars?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i hope richs dad shows up at the door with decades of owed presents. accurate to the time period they should have been received

richs dad replaces josh on plinketto but its annoying because dad never stops complimenting the build quality of the board. proud dad

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ok now u guys post ur rlm fanfic. marry christmas!!!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

this was really nice and i enjoyed it and also i hope it made rich feel good too

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Randarkman posted:

Presentation is key though. Stormtroopers missing all the time and being useless is really a thing that exists outside of the movies and was never really a meme that was invoked in the original movies, which treated them seriously (at least for the first trwo movies) even though when faced with the heroes they ofcourse can't kill them. Ther aren't any scenes where the heroes clear out a room or street of storm troopers with such efficieny as to make it comical, and most action encounters are in the context of the heroes trying to escape or resuce someone with storm troopers and such being there to up the stakes and heighten the tension.

You say the fights on the death star is "plot armor with banter" but I want you to look at those fights and tell me how many of those there are, and how many storm troopers there are and how many are killed. Thing is it won't be that many, which I think is part of what preserves the tension, the heroes definitely have plot armor, as is proper, but the actual scenes are small enough in terms of scale and length to actually make it seem kind of plausible and you never get the impression that they are just able to cut through the storm troopers with ease. They have to escape and there's an urgency about it.

the original movies were boring and the effects were poo poo compared to the new one

this is valid critique

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Clawtopsy posted:

i want to see them review max landis' netflix series, dork gontly

it's pretty bad

every episode can be summarized by this:

1) 'i am elijah wood and i am incredulous like in wilfred'
'i am quirky british male being flippant wowsers'
10 minutes

2) action scene where you could switch it with an action scene from american ultra and i probably wouldnt notice
5 minutes

3) go to 1
sounds like ur taste is bad friend

rogue 1 liker spotted

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
ya they deffo jumped the shark which is a reference they would not get because its from tv

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
also their critique about the force being this thing you hear about but never see so thats weak storytelling...except the last 5 minutes vader goes nuts and shows u what this force thing is.

idk if mike even watched the movie

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
my new rlm fanfic is the guys brought an audio recoreder to get some choice Rich giggles during the movie but all it picked up was mike:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
these movies i have obsessed over for the last 30 years are not as dear to me as the ones that came out last year , this is a failure on the part of the filmmakers

also rip miss fisher

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lmao the in between faces

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Whorelord posted:

wanna listen to nofx with green hair mike

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i want to watch season 1 south parks back in the day with the rlm guys they were probly obsessed w it

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i went and read the wikipedia description of dirk gentlys detective agency and wowza. I love the HGttG series but the book's story for DG is really really bad and not at all something I would have enjoyed spending time getting through. Max Landis actually polished that turd into a great little story, Adams would have enjoyed it.

yalls fuckin up if you havent watched it because of the landis connection, it's legit good and fun

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Randarkman posted:

Well, I'm not watching it because a friend of mine, who's opinion I usually trust on these matters, told me it was just terrible. Which seems to be what I'm hearing about this one.

u should be ur own person and enjoy the things you feel like, tahts what i do. if this show is one of the things u dont feel like then CONGRATULATIONS!!! ur already doing it!!!

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Archaic posted:

Speaking of RDJ where the gently caress was the team that made a young RDJ for this movie? Marvel's de-aging and aging effects are miles beyond Rogue One's (Young Kirk Douglas, Old Peggy, Skinny Steve, RDJ, etc...). Since it's Disney there's no excuse either.

yeah weird how that guy who was on screen for 15 total seconds was not as convincing as the guy who was a extreme-close-up speaking character for an entire film, thats really friggen screwy, wrackin my brain over that one

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

thexerox123 posted:

To be fair, The Archaic did name 4 different examples. Skinny Steve definitely got plenty of screentime.

im still butthurt i didnt even know tarkin was cgi(not familiar enough with the OG characters) until i heard goons complaining about it. just let the movies be magic u fucks!!!!

The Archaic posted:

Because they knew its limits and used it sparingly and as effectively as possible.
this is true, but didnt stop anybody from whining about essentially perfectly recreated leia(my special eyes could totally tell because i happen to know in real life she is old, in that image she was not old)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

WampaLord posted:

Do you wear glasses normally that you were missing when you saw the movie?

nope, im just not familiar with the original actor and it was in fact a really really convincing job if ur not a turbo sperg trying to :smuggo: the plebes

• Locked thread