Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

shut up blegum posted:

My first guess here is she's a dancer or something? I don't know why though.
I'm going to guess comedy, maybe some kind of touring show? I worked for Second City in college and the comedians/everyone who worked there was evenly split between "horrible pile of autism who will never touch a member of the sex they are attracted to" and "everyone bones each other with maximum drama".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

La Brea Carpet posted:

Nah, I'm guessing some sort of circus/areial/cirque du soeilel related thing.

If that's the case, it's even worse for the boyfriend. Way less autism and craaaaaazy sex.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Leon Einstein posted:

Young women dating manchildren in their upper 30s deserve everything they get.

Saying you want to put it up a cheerleaders butt is middle schooler talk. Wtf.

As someone who dated an upper 30s manchild for a bit when I was 25...yeah, they totally loving do. It's why I have stuck to a maximum 5 year age difference rule ever since.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

WampaLord posted:

Speaking of crazy:

My [30F] family won't let me be in the family WhatsApp thread because I once screenshotted it

Anyone want to take bets on what kind of hideous rainbow vomit she splashed on her head?

EDIT: found the thread and it's "GO TO R/RAISEDBYNARCISSISTS AND SEVER!" all the way down, when I'd be willing to bet that a) the post was exaggerated as hell and b) that women is probably also annoying. Not sure why this little dysfunction tidbit is stuck in my craw!

Bamabalacha fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Oct 31, 2016

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Gaunab posted:

I guess it depends on if you want to believe the op, but if you do then her family sounds horrible.

Oh they do sound lovely, but the whole thing just made my eyes roll back in my head over every person involved.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Pick posted:

Being involved in burlesque and etc is the biggest loving red flag. Empowered my rear end. It is about seeking validation that you are sexually attractive. If you were in a happy monogamous relationship, why exactly would you need that?

I never thought I'd say this, but I agree with Pick. Chicks who get super into burlesque are sad and pathetic and looking for validation that they will never find.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

My parents had a rule where my brother and I had to try everything at least twice, but if we didn't like it we never had to eat it again. Neither of us have any food hang ups and are mildly adventurous eaters now.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Every time I see those libido mismatch/sex dysfunction posts, I always remember how with my ex I thought that I had had my libido worn down by depression and lady part surgery and hormones and whatnot.

And then we broke up and I realized that I did still really want to have sex, I just didn't want to have sex with his now-fat rear end anymore.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Yeah man. Try Land's End super Tees and whatever brand polos you can get without a logo. T shirts aren't super flattering to any body type that isn't jacked as hell anyway, and polos require exactly the same amount of effort as a T shirt except people will tell you how nice you look.

Dude, polos are the worst. Just buy plain, slightly fitted crew neck or v neck t-shirts in, like, black, grey and white to wear in the interim between your graphic t-shirt period and your evolution to wearing big boy shirts.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Naerasa posted:

To me, this is the kind of bowel movement you have once in your life and immediately loving turn everything around to keep it from ever happening again. How do you reach the point where you're goatse'ing yourself just to go to the bathroom and thinking 'this is fine'?

I've had a lot of abdominal surgery, with a lot of pain killers, and the only time it ever got remotely to that point (and I had recently had surgery on my bowels to boot) I went to the loving doctor to get it taken care of and started taking all the fiber, all the time, forever.

I started reflexively curling up over my stomach when I read it, uggggh.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Ack, and about 3/4 of the responses in the poop thread are all "human bodies can be weird and everyone has different routines. If she doesn't visibly have poo poo on her fingers, NBD!"

What the gently caress.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Meridian posted:

It amazes me that people get married before having conversations about finances. That poo poo is right up there with sexual compatibility and position on having kids as far as "know before getting married" concerns go.

Before I moved in with a guy for the first time, my mom told me to make sure we were on the same page with regards to sex and money and if we weren't to wait on moving in together until we were.

It's good advice.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

subhuman filth posted:

Don't be mean

Naw man, that was probably my favorite internet burn of 2017.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Hug in a Can posted:

:c00l::hf::c00l:

Here's a /r/relationships post.

My BF [23 M] lied to me [25 F] about having cancer and I'm utterly destroyed

Don't fake having cancer, buddies

Ooooh man, when I was in second year university, one of my roommates started dating a 40 year old dude she met on a dating site (and this was in 2004-2005 when that poo poo was waaaaaaay less common) who claimed to have cancer. His stories never added up, he looked and acted completely normally within two days of "having massive surgery", stuff like that. None of us actually believed he really had cancer, but we were vaguely humouring her while also trying to drop hints about being skeptical towards his sketchy rear end.

Then my dad got diagnosed with cancer and I was basically flying back home every two weeks because poo poo kept getting worse and worse and I was mess, my mom and brother were a mess, my dad was a mess. It was extremely lovely.

I ended up going bananas on her and this dude when I walked into the house from the airport and they were on the sofa watching some medical show on TLC with my other roommates (who looked veeeerrry uncomfortable) and she was all "baby, this must be so hard to watch for you" to this guy. I was exhausted, crying and completely emotionally strung out and I just lost my poo poo the two of them. I honestly don't remember what I said, but he left, she got screamed at me, our other roommates yelled back at her about he was full of poo poo and I ran up to my room and locked the door.

Next day, the guy drops off a letter admitting he lied about the whole thing and some other unsavoury details. The last two months in the house were kinda tense for that chick, but everyone had my side in the at least. And my dad went into full remission and is kicking to this day!

Moral of the story: never live with 5 other 19 year old girls and never lie about cancer.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Ride The Gravitron posted:

[23m] backs out last second with me [33F] - wtf happened hereRelationships

I can feel the Everest-sized insecurity across the internet.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Improbable Lobster posted:

Mirthless's post are almost exclusively "um, actually'"s about the dumbest poo poo in the world
And he has some of the gooniest looking hair I think I have ever seen in the internet, which is saying something.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Mirthless posted:

...some people have degenerative disk problems and similar conditions that can make a 30 minute drive to work twice a day close to impossible

She says right in the post that she has the back of a 70 y/o, per her physical therapist who would probably be qualified to make that assessment

Yeah, maybe, but a 30 minute commute (and lol at her thinking that's long) wouldn't cause her back fuckups. Exacerbate possibly, but not cause.

I have a hosed up back/neck and 1 hour a day in a car is entirely something that you can offset with physio exercises when you get home.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

flick my Mr. Bean posted:

Theater people were the worst in high school, the worst in college, and somehow managed to be even worse after that.

This is true, and I say this as a chick who used to be a theatre person and whose parents have been theatre people for over 45 years.

Also, no one fucks as much as a straight dude in theatre, NO ONE.

edit: and if the dude she's doing the scene with is straight I'm putting 50/50 odds of them at least making out at a cast party.

Bamabalacha fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Mar 5, 2017

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Pvt.Scott posted:

Trazodone, brah.

The ultimate wisdom, that poo poo is magical. The only side effect I get from it is a stuffy nose, it knocks me out in 30 minutes like no one's business and I feel fine when I don't take it.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Nazzadan posted:

She always desses super adorable and spends a good amount of time getting ready, and I walk out with slip on vans, bright blue basketball shorts and a Bathory shirt :colbert:

Take THAT, feminist agenda.

Ewwww, you sound like a sartorial Chernobyl. My boyfriend wears a decent amount of band shirts, but with excellently fitted jeans, grown up shoes and nice sweaters. And he dresses up appropriately without prompting when the need arises.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Moridin920 posted:

yea

problem with early marriage also is that hey you grow/develop as a person well into your 20s and who you are at 30 might be totally different from who you are at 22 and you might find you are no longer as compatible.

I mean hopefully you're always growing and developing but you probably aren't gonna be radically different at 50 than you were at 40 you know.

I just mentally ran through the dudes I seriously dated before the age of 25 and basically want to die thinking about having married any of them.

Like they weren't remotely bad dudes, at all, and we were in love...but god drat, you just change a lot in your twenties.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Pick posted:

Also I would laugh in my husband's face if he went high to get a massage and accidentally got jerked off by an elderly Korean and cried

For real, I would either assume they massively fudged some details or I would laugh and laugh and laugh and never stop.

Also your SO going out of town without you is like a mini-staycation. I always missed the hell out my boyfriends when either of us went away, but it is also kinda fun to briefly return to lowgrade singleness, knowing the person you love will return shortly. And every dude I've been with felt the same.

Bamabalacha fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Apr 11, 2017

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

My IUD insertion hurt like hell and then I had bad cramps for a month and half, but the no periods and no side effects massively outweigh the initial discomfort :shrug:

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Pick posted:

Like half of the true crime stories about criminals from upper economic strata involve surgeons
Can confirm, my future brother in law is a surgical oncologist and there's something...off and/or hyper spergy about him. And from when we've hung out with his work friends he's the most normal one, yeesh.

At least my SO is only his fraternal twin?

Edit: like we were out for dinner with him and some of his friends from med school and one kept grabbing my arm and telling me I had beautiful veins :stare:

Bamabalacha fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Apr 18, 2017

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

La Brea Carpet posted:

Why are these people who spend 80+ hours a week locked inside a hospital dealing with high stress situations and life and death daily not acting normally?

My point wasn't that they were sociopaths, but that their personalities and stress and professional choices made them kinda offputting. I could have phrased it better, my apologies!

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Pvt.Scott posted:

E: I've heard the beautiful veins comment in the wild. Professional appreciation is fine and good.
I've heard it in the hospital before, but never by two dudes going "oooooooh" and running their hands up and down my arms while we were going to town on some Pho.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

La Brea Carpet posted:

How did you get an advance copy of my letter to Penthouse?

I seduced the editors with my hemoglobin.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Cummies are for closers?

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

My psychiatrist is also trained in CBT and does awesome talk therapy in addition to drug fiddling. He's amazing and I can't say enough good things about him.

Buuuuut I just found out that he recently started working with my SO's mom on a big study and now I feel weird whenever I bring up my SO and his family :(

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

regarding the 14 year old embarrassed by her gloopy parents:

My parents were that couple (though not quite as, um, graphic) and I absolutely hated it as a teenager.

Then I grew up and realized that a) I benefited so much from having parents who were super into each other and b) they really weren't being that gross and I was being a goony teenager.

Like my boyfriend and I showed up early for dinner on Saturday and we walked in to my mom and dad kissing and giggling and slow dancing to Cole Porter :3: 14 year old me would have been mortified, but 30 year old me was like "awwwww, I hope I'm still that in love in 40 years".

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I [21 M] wept in my girlfriend's mother's [50F] arms the last night. Feel closer than ever to her, but I feel sad that that moment will never be relived and don't know how to go from here.

I felt super awkward reading that, and I ran into my gynecologist at my SO's dad's birthday on Friday, so my family event awkward barometer is pretty high.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Blue Train posted:

Just laugh at the 28yo virgin imo

I keep running across posts in r/relationships and r/sex where super old virgins come in asking if they're normal, and everyone is always like "no big deal! Everyone matures differently!"

And I'm just like no. NO. NO. NO.

If I had encountered late virgin when I was single I would have run for the hills. Even terrible people and autists and ham planets can get their bits touched these days.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Zeroisanumber posted:

Women are also bad.

Men and women are equally bad, as that is the default human state. They may be bad in slightly different ways, but in the same poo poo to good ratio. And mostly we're all just crappy people.

That's my hot take, I don't really like it when anyone starts shrieking about how all men or women are horrible.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Nazzadan posted:

Me [25 F] with my boyfriend [33 M] of four years. He admits to finding a picture of me in my school uniform hot/sexy. Is this okay?

Is it okay that my boyfriend that thinks I'm hot also thinks I'm hot in a picture I describe myself as looking the same in?

Literally every single guy I've dated has been all "ooooh, I want to see your school uniform pics 😏" even after I tell them how terrible I look in them.

My school had a uniform that was the laughing stock of every other girls school in the city, and I'm one of those people who were fugly in high school and got hot as an adult.

Every time I've shown someone the pictures of me from high school, they're like "AAAHHHH, YOU WERE RIGHT TO WARN ME OFF, I NEVER WANT TO SEE THAT AGAIN."

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

fruit on the bottom posted:

Me [F32] & Husband [M36] are happily married but being pregnant has made me extremely horny, been sexting strangers and need help on how to stop [NSFW]

Like what she's doing is incredibly, incredibly lovely, but a 2-3 day refractory period in an otherwise healthy relationship where you live together and you desperately want to bang would slay me.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Blue Train posted:

She should def show this to her future husband, yikes

I've seen that one before and I'm 100% on her side.

I have a little brother who is fairly severely disabled, but incredibly well socialized and well behaved. I've spent my entire life going to events that were filled with people like her sister in law and wanting a one day break from that, especially when you've agreed to care for that person later in life, is completely reasonable.

Like having a severely disabled sibling is awful, no matter how great they are, and she's willingly signing on to that life for the forceeable future. Let her have one day without making GBS threads and barfing and screaming.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Blue Train posted:

In that case she should approach the husband and ask if either she can't attend or if he will help pacify her rather than trying to dope her up on the low

The best approach would be to talk to her husband and his family and her doctors and come up with a way to allow her to attend the wedding. The fact that she is even thinking about finding alternate , even drugged up, ways to get the sister to the wedding is much more than most people want to do.

As I said, my brother is very disabled but very well socialized and he freaked out like 80% of my serious boyfriends. The fact that she wants to keep the sister in her life is awesome and not at all the norm.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

I mentioned the other day that I have a disabled brother and have had to deal with a whooooole range of disability groups and advocates and what not because of him.

And loving everyone hates the Deaf culture people. Like with a burning fire. Because they have the means to massively mitigate their disability but then say no because they're pissy bitches.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

new phone who dis posted:

Maybe one day she will realize it's a class thing but unlikely.

My ex had basically the white trashiest of white trash families. His dad was a literal biker, there was mad drama at his sister's wedding because one of her bridesmaids got busted for dealing meth the day before, that sort of thing.

My Iranian boyfriend with middlingly observant Muslim parents was walk in the loving park compared to that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

new phone who dis posted:

Maybe one day she will realize it's a class thing but unlikely.

My ex had basically the white trashiest of white trash families. His dad was a literal biker, there was mad drama at his sister's wedding because one of her bridesmaids got busted for dealing meth the day before, that sort of thing.

My Iranian boyfriend with middlingly observant Muslim parents was walk in the loving park compared to that.