Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I think Huggybear is a Zeitgeist re-reg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

WoodrowSkillson posted:

nah he has not mentioned chaining up his black gf while espousing his feminism yet

give him time

He's almost there

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

How much money can you make by couponing and reselling?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Be Aware: External websites, magazines, and TV shows have started citing posts here in their content

quote:

In order to give some greater level warning to the community, we do want to let you all know that we have been observing that several websites, magazines, and talk shows have begun using content from the subreddit to support their work without the permission of those cited. Or, in many cases, they are just outright using posts and their comments as case studies to drive their articles or discussion. We have observed this behavior sporadically in the past, but now we are starting to see it happening with greater frequency and consistency, so we need to let you all know.

To be clear, we don't condone this kind of behavior in any way. We are not interested in the additional traffic this behavior might bring. We are not interested in the kind of extra guidance that users might receive from the larger audience these outlets possess. We want to do whatever we can to make sure your decision to post here and not anywhere else is respected.

That's really the key here. We get the reality. We're taking it to the reddit admins to figure out the legal perspective because it is murky territory that isn't likely to be in our favor. However, all the same, we moderators are still reaching out to these entities from the ethical perspective as best we can. While our subreddit does indeed represent a public forum, you are still a relatively vulnerable individual who worked up the courage to put yourself and your situation out to this community. Our contention and concern goes beyond a simple matter of copyright, expanding out more to the issue that someone is making spectacle and entertainment out of your very real problem. You aren't a character in a story. You are a real human being requesting help from other real people. If you wanted the help of some other media outlet, you would have submitted your story to them for input. Instead, you chose /r/relationships because in some way, you felt our community would be a decently safe and useful enough place to get help.

If external sources continue to threaten this safety, then we risk seeing the most vulnerable and shy posters choosing to not get the guidance they are needing.

While we understand the desire to perhaps discuss this issue in the comments, we are locking the post for now as we don't want to spur on a witch hunt against these different media sources. The majority of them are individual writers who likely haven't considered the harm they are causing, and though we wish they were more thoughtful, directing a community of 433k members at them isn't really the solution either. We instead ask that you message the moderators directly with any information you have on these external sources so that we may get in touch with them and pass that information along to the admins.

jig is up guys

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

54 40 or gently caress posted:

I got a baby head jammed in my ribs and can't bend forward because of it. Few more weeks to go!

Still entertaining the idea of posting video of the rolling and bulging to /childfree to see just how many people I can make literally shake

this sounds painful

What's your account from

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Pvt.Scott posted:

I just want an Amazonian goddess to cradle me in her swole limbs at night and tell me that everything will be alright. Is that so much to ask for?

this but unironically

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Not hiring Grover to do anything is good advice tbf

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

corn on the cop posted:

please have self-esteem

this reminds me of an English teacher I had that wrote a poem as a kid to give to a girl that was literally Sweet Child O' Mine verbatim

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Subjunctive posted:

Would the handholding be less alarming if it were two sisters?

I dunno

I never had a sister, so :iiam:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

54 40 or gently caress posted:

And then you talk about disparity in certain employment fields, and men claim "well women don't want to work those jobs". Sure they do, they just don't want to get loving harassed and bullied out of the workplace.

What employment field don't have a gender disparity?

Early education, and uh ... insurance sales?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

What if he said he didn't want non-white kids because he's worried about some rear end in a top hat cop killing them in a drive-by

more or less racist?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

my fetish is not having sex

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

zakharov posted:

It is generally considered rude to wear white to a wedding if you are not the bride. Level of outrage is out of control though.

the more you know

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I can't remember what the original was from? This thread or the anon confession thread.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Barudak posted:

Her definition is has lower production values.

Big O is also the perfect name for the fuckbot he pilots.

Cast in the name of god, ye guilty

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Teachers aren't allowed to have lives, I thought this was well established

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Bubblyblubber posted:

I only had one non-trad classmate in my undergrad, a chubby black dude in his sixties. He was quiet for the most part and actually contributed some relevant stories to the class(Geology for Bio Sciences, he used to work with oil drilling). And then one day he came up to my roommate and asked how old he was and then launched into full reminiscence mode with "Ah yeah, I remember being 15 and stealing my older brother's ID to sneak into the whorehouses downtown. Good times, 5 bucks would last you ages back then" and everyone around was just :stonk:

Kind of miss the crazy old lecher.

this guy actually rules

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

If you wanna be a dick about grace big not a total dick say something along the lines of

Parents; Want to say Grace?
Girlfriend: I thank the weather that grew this food, and the workers that picked the food, and the people that cooked the food, etc

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Pick posted:

She's always been really hot, and she still is.

didn't you post a story where your mom basically seduced your dad because he was lonely, yet really smart

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I googled "Pnurtis" just to see if it was a legit name at one point? I did not see any other people named Pnurtis.

I did see this thread as one of the top results

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Pick has gone off the deep end the last couple months

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Cough Drop The Beat posted:

I [18/F] have a real first world problem with my parents [47/F] and [46/M] who won't stop having sex. I need to say something but I'm too embarrassed...

:fireman:

I wonder if Jr is a virg

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Having a witch as a gf would rule as long as you didnt piss her off

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Buzkashi posted:

Who would really wanna go and top that?

There a lot of idiots in the world

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

What is this "work spouse" stuff? I only know of thinly-veiled contempt between my coworkers.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

The only moral abortion is my abortion

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Me [F23] with bf [26M] just discovered he has a child [12F]

quote:

We've been dating for more than 2 years. Most of that time LDR but we've finally closed the gap. I just found out from his grandmother he had a kid when he was 14.

I know he's been through some rough stuff in his life. He's shared his relationship with that particular person to me. She was a drug addict, etc. they didn't stay together. And some stuff for other people he has dated. I didn't know he has a kid.

We've spoken before about kids and agreed never to have any mostly because of health issues for me. He doesn't have the greatest example for parents. His mom had his brother when she was 16. Idk if that even matters.

I've been up for a few hours reading posts with similar topics and most of them are break up with him and no update from the OP but I've literally just moved 1000+ miles to live with him. He's helped me through my tough poo poo (parents, etc.). I feel like this doesn't change our relationship much but reading other posts make me feel like it should.

His daughter is visiting his grandparents this weekend and I might ask him about who "that girl" is and see what his reaction is. He's never lied to me before but he gets quiet about certain subjects. I assume because they're hard topics and hes not ready to share.

I'm thinking about going to get birth control this weekend. I've not been on the pill but for other reasons (my parents are cray). I don't think I'm going to get pregnant and I think he's grown a lot since then obviously.

Last he's not really huge in the girls life but neither is her mom according to grandma. She's off getting married to a new guy while leaving her daughter to be cared by her grandparents. I think my bf at the time was too young to be a parent but tried to (acccording to grandma) and for some reason after he broke up with his gf because of drugs did not stay in his daughters life.

tldr LDR, just closed the gap, just found out he has a kid, somewhat ambivalent but I know I shouldn't be

I don't have much, but I really want to know how old the baby mamma is

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Nessa posted:

I sleep with a stuffed bear that I've had since I was 6 years old. He's been the Hobbes to my Calvin for almost 25 years. I can sleep without him, but I do like to spoon my bear when I'm getting comfy in bed.

Is it the same bear as in your av

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Nessa posted:

It's a polar bear, yes! His name is Poly (pronounced Poley). I wasn't a very inventive 6 year old.

Is the bear still in one piece or does it have patch jobs? 25 years is a long time for fluff.

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Ok I think non romantic is my new go to subsection of relationships

How do I [F18] tell my parents I'm marrying my boyfriend [M19]?

I'm going to bold the part the OP bolded in their post:

At least they're the same age this time

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

The Ferret King posted:

Boss sucks and is an idiot. Boyfriend sucks and is an idiot. Unions are awesome.

Shame the police union is the only one worth a drat anymore

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Pretty sure the Chad story is fake cause his name is Chad

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

If I tip a guy a 5, but only because my next smallest bill is a 20, what does that make me?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I'm not phased by most gruesome sports injuries, but I wont go near Malarchuk

I think its all the blood

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Lot of lonely only childs out there, I guess

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Barudak posted:

A friend of mine had a family ancestry thing once which revealed a great uncle who foight for the confederacy before being killed in battle. The response he gave to the affect he was glad that man had no children was not well recieved by the ancestry presenter.

This is my extremely distant ancestor Robert E. Lee

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Is it lying if you were never asked in the first place?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

If I ever have kids, I'm gonna raise them full luddite

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

La Brea Carpet posted:

Me [30F] with my siblings [26M/24F]. They just "came out" as having an incestuous relationship for the last year. What now?

Twist: OP wants to be the one having the incestuous relationship

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

Esoteric Scientist posted:

I [45F] fear my [24M] son is going to be alone in old age and he won't talk about it.

Kinda sounds like my mom a bit

Except my mom is older, less of a fundie, and definitely has no idea what Reddit is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

I am spinless guy IRL