Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

just skimming this thread has made me REAL glad i am single and mingling with no mind toward anything serious as I apply for various post-bacc nursing programs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

sounds like everyone wins

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Hughlander posted:

Women are garbage.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

IAmNotYourRealDad posted:

... ... Wasn't this one of the plot-lines in that game "Dream Daddy"?

edit: just re-read it. Nevermind.

there's an update too

quote:

So I have an update for everyone, but it's probably going to be disappointing.

To start with, I live in a real small ma and pop town, where everyone knows everyone. Heck my graduating class is only going to be 60 students tops.

I don't have the best relationship with my dad (moms out of the picture) and it's difficult at times to talk to him. Some people said to go to the Principal but i'm not sure it'll work out. He's barely ever at school and there's rumors that he's a bit of a drunk, so I don't think he'll really care.

The councilor is also only ever at school for an hour a day tops, and likes to leave her door open... which coincidentally let's everyone hear what she's talking about with whoever's with her. Nothing stays confidential with her as some of us learned the hard way.

So to put it bluntly... all the adults in my life right now kinda suck.

I told my teacher that what he said made me feel really uncomfortable and he immediately apologized for it and said he didn't mean to make me feel uncomfortable at all, he even said that he's happily married right now and had only wanted to tell me since I showed such an interest in the discussion over reincarnation and past lives. Afterwards he offered to buy pizza for our group tomorrow (it's about 6 of us all together) as an apology and to help things be less awkward again.

He's going to be my teacher prob till I graduate (since he's also a study hall teacher and does work in the library) so I decided to just ignore what he said for now and if he tries anything again i'll just go somewhere else for lunch.

I know everyone wants me to report him, but I really don't think it'll do anything, our principal was even arrested once at school and yet he's still here, and I really don't want to be known as the girl that got everyone's favourite teacher fired, I have a hard enough life at school as it is, just the thought of how everyone would react then scares the heck out of me.

Sorry everyone, I know this is not what you were expecting... :/

tl;dr: I really don't want to become more of a pariah then I already, so i'm just ignoring what he said and will hang out elsewhere if he tries something. Sorry

i give it 75% he's a pedo grooming teens 25% he's a small-town weirdo with poor boundaries

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Fartbox posted:

Girl, you are 21 years old and fit. Dump that 27 year old couch potato who is badmouthing you to everyone and get yourself some manhunk meat

i'd ratchet it up to skipping town entirely

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Milotic posted:

As he acknowledges, it’s not so much the deception - more that she told others the truth. Still, congrats to her for imploding a good thing with just one sentence:

Me [34 M] with my fiancé [33F] together 2 years, admitted she preferred sex with ex

drat haha that girl hosed up spectacularly

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

good relationship advice: don't trash talk your fianceé behind their back for bro points

the visual of him sulking through the room to pee amidst everyone's shocked realization of what just happened... is amazing

e: i guess it'd be "sister points" or whatever. she dun fukt up

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jan 17, 2018

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

tactlessbastard posted:

Yeah, but OP was minding his own business when that conversation just wandered in on him.

yeah. trashing on your fiancee's adequacy behind their back is lovely & a legit violation of trust; the specifics of which insecurity was being needled is irrelevant

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

quote:

When we are chilling out naked he will grab it and swing it around and say it's small. When we shower together he grabs huge shampoo bottles and holds it up for comparison and says, "Look how small I am." He does the same thing with the big Tv remotes too.

here lies omgvbflol
died of laughter

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

whenever people say this, it makes me wonder what the actual basis for having self esteem is supposed to be. you like yourself just because you're you? that doesn't make any sense

if it doesn’t come from you it’s just regular esteem

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Jeza posted:

All comparison is odious is a fair platitude but doesn't hold up under reasonable scrutiny. Totally divesting yourself of comparison is such an unreasonable contention that I doubt more than a handful of people could even possibly qualify as having self-esteem under it.

Following it to its logical conclusion, the only allowable (and bulletproof) source of self-esteem is that constructed by an internal framework - i.e. self-satisfaction from personal goals and living within a personal moral code etc. But even those things inevitably borrow from comparison to other human beings, because every subjective concept we understand comes with reference to others - fitness, artistic merit, morality and so on.

Just don't laser in constantly on other individuals or put all your self-esteem eggs in one basket.

e: Palpek's platitude is way better. So much better it makes me feel like poo poo. gently caress you Palpek.

what

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Jeza posted:

only people with years of useless humanities degrees are tall enough to ride my posts. sorry kiddo :viggo:

no i understood you, i was deploying the classic Something Awful “what” meme whereby you indicate something was insane or dumb with a low-effort reply of “what”

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

the obvious intent of expressing the value of self-esteem is that which you lay out in your second paragraph (an internal framework of self-worth). for the sake of verbal autofellatio you pretend that it was your proposal made for the sake of argument and then needle it with semantics that don’t actually discredit it

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

but typing “what” was easier and funnier

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

i dont see it in the last few pages but i just wanted to chime in and say i’ve read the story the new thread title refers to and it is solid gold

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Admiral Ray posted:

The moral of that story is to never work at a start up.

they’re so loving awful

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

La Brea Carpet posted:

My [23 f] boyfriend [31 M] bought me a car by surprise. It's not at all what I want

It's like my grandmother always said:

"If you can't handle the soccer mom life, don't try to be the soccer dad's wife."

crossovers are idiot cars and this girl rules

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Pick posted:

It was the one where a brother "pranked" his sister out of a college scholarship so she ended up having to take on ~$60,000 debt and he was upset at her for not accepting his "amends" (he was in AA or drug rehab or something) even though he did literally nothing other than admit he'd done that and demand to therefore be forgiven, particularly because, as he noted, it was "just a prank". She was asking if she should forgive him, not realizing the correct alternative, that being

:murder:

that’s like exactly the wrong way to do amends. you acknowledge the wrongdoing, apologize if appropriate, and ask if there’s anything you’ve left out and what, if anything, you can do to make good on the harm you did. you don’t grovel, you explicitly don’t get to expect any kind of a favorable reaction from people, and you sure as poo poo don’t demand forgiveness or justify your actions. that’s just straight up emotionally manipulative bullshit; it’s exactly the kind of “old behavior” that active addicts do all the time and that previous stepwork before that point is organized to help you break the habit of doing, so you can attempt amends without pulling this poo poo. dude was not at all ready do be doing that yet

hopefully someone told her that, that she didn’t have to buy into his bullshit

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Labes for days posted:

You can invite who you want to your wedding but it's sort of a dick move to exclude one in particular and announce this to her at a gathering of family and friends who were all invited without giving an explanation more than a vague "well you didn't come to my birthday parties when I was younger."

exactly. ultimately, a wedding is for the people getting married, period. guest lists are a hell of a thing and sometimes tough decisions have to be made. they should invite who they want.

however in a situation like this that so obviously has the potential to cause hurt feelings, it’s important to have a reason you feel comfortable articulating to the person’s face and then do the gracious and considerate thing and get out in front of it, not loving humiliate the woman to her face at a family event

edit: also, in much the same way as “ultimately, they don’t have to invite anyone they don’t want to, regardless of the reason”, invitees don’t ever have to accept if they don’t want to, regardless of the reason. Props to grandma for standing up for her daughter.

edit again: also the aunt does not owe them a gift and should not get them one. that’s a pretty classic open-and-shut case of wedding etiquette; if you’re invited, you bring or send a gift regardless of if you go (weddings are the only event where this is traditionally the case), and if you’re not invited, you are under no obligation to give them a gift, and should not because it is likely to seem passive-aggressive. invitees give wedding gifts, non-invitees don’t, period.

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 15:48 on Feb 6, 2018

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Aramoro posted:

Jokes are funny though?

only when you’re smart enough to get them

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Barudak posted:

I am extremely aroused by women who are solidly built, have years of history, and possess strong senses of morality and justice which is why I am no longer allowed to visit the statue of liberty.

lmao

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Pvt.Scott posted:

Searching for “Prius” turned up a solid sitcom plot.

My girlfriend (25F) wrongly thinks that I (26M) am a marine biologist, and I don’t know how to fix it.

god drat, if she already has trust issues this is going to annihilate her

i think the only way this doesn’t explode is if the dude just pretends he doesn’t like her and breaks it off like “yeah i’ve had a great time but i don’t see this lasting long-term” which would be... if not explicitly honest, still the truth

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

numberoneposter posted:

Awkward sentence. Ten points from Gryffindor.

he’s right though, you’re being stupid

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

girl. get a lawyer, move out without telling him in advance, change your phone number, and have your lawyer submit a petition for annulment. that is not a marriage.

e: or divorce, whatever

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Feb 7, 2018

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

veiled boner fuel posted:

I don't know that much about alimony but my sis had to pay child support to her ex husband even though custody was 50/50 because he was a lazy pile of poo poo that refused to work. She worked for the fuckin library making like 35k a year and was paying child support even with joint custody. The judge did at least presume that he was capable of getting a minimum wage job and factored that into the child support calculations, but fuckin jesus, come on.

child support’s different than alimony; it’s ostensibly about providing a minimum level of support for the kid(s) in both households and nothing else. fairness between the parents is supposed to be irrelevant.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

sorry to do this but can i please, please get a link to the post the title is from

i got to know

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

I feel like asking someone out, combined with tapping them on the shoulder repeatedly while they are in their cubicle working, is something HR would want to clamp down on even if it doesn't technically violate rules. Don't bother people at work.

(I know he didn't say he tapped her shoulder while she was working, but I can't think of another context at work where you can't just make eye contact and talk).

This is one of my favorite unreliable narrators, as it explains the rash of "don't talk to females at work. Don't engage them one-on-one without a witness. Not worth it." Posts I see. The quote I just cited was verbatim from an article about sexual harassment in the NFL.

honestly it isn’t bad advice if you don’t know how to not be a creep at work

e: it isn’t particularly good advice either, “think of all women at work as dudes” is better. but it’s something at least

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

are drug use has been escalating

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

straight dude who does gay stuff with dudes did nothing wrong imo

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

so i found the reddit post that the thread title is from and DAYUM

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

HOT BREAD! posted:

the male ego is so loving exhausting

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Moon Atari posted:

It makes me sad that children are sort of briefly alluded to in a lot of these stories but are so obviously not a priority in their parents lives. Particularly when it is poly or cheating drama and they have multiple young kids. You shouldn't have time for that poo poo. If you have them they should be a priority that far far outweighs your commitment to experiencing all the varieties of sex you would like to or playing the latest videogame or whatever.

yeah, that always loving kills me

also if i hadn’t already been fully in support of abortion being available on-demand without charge, this thread would have sold me on it. the idea of having a child growing inside you as your shithead boyfriend shows his true colors is legit body horror

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

therobit posted:

There are studies showing that having money or feeling like you have money changes your behavior in games designed to measure your behavior wrt generosity, and that the wealth may drive the behavior rather than the other way around.

Additionally, if you're behavior and attitudes with money and life lead you to be poor, you are probably the one that is mal-adapted.

lol are you seriously trying to defend yourself by saying poor people deserve it

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

The Iron Rose posted:

just to be clear here you're literally saying that anyone who makes good money has an abusive mindset and that's worse than people who literally beat their wives

gently caress off and gently caress you

you literally said anyone who is poor probably deserves it so gently caress you too pal

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

The Iron Rose posted:

I have no idea what you're talking about but I'm sure you'll enlighten me

Sorry, domestic abusers are shitheads. Anyone defending them to get some dig in on anyone richer than themselves is a shithead too hth

whoops lol i guess a lot of people have that cat avatar. my bad!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

revmoo posted:

The hand-wringing about the OK symbol is loving hilarious. Literally 4chan memed the whole concept into existence to clown on SJWs and then those SJWs leaped directly into the trap without any sense of irony. The fact that some white supremacists decided to latch onto it is irrelevant. Also just because somebody is right-wing doesn't mean they're necessarily white supremacist. Just because somebody has different viewpoints doesn't make them a nazi. You'd think with all the ridiculous hand-wringing about nazis these days that they're just lurking everywhere. The word has basically lost all meaning at this point because "nazi" has become basically a catch-all term for "person with differing views than mine" that just happens to also be a label for a vanishingly small percentage of the population with abhorrent, racist views. At this point I see more racial division being stoked by folks on the left than anywhere else.

Voter ID is a great example of this. People on the American political left will say that anyone who supports voter ID is racist, because black people are too dumb to locate the DMV and thus won't get to vote. Like what the gently caress.

thos gat dam ess jay double us!!!!!!!!

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

therobit posted:

Yes by all means let's call every person who disagrees with us a Nazi instead of realizing they don't have perfect information or understanding and working from there. This will surely not turn off middle of the road low information voters when you call them a nazi because they don't understand why voter ID is bad.

Edit: Look at your response and then look at Motronic's response. Which one is mone likely to change somebody's mind? Which one looks like an unhinged freak screaming at clouds?

if, when pointed out to you that your view aligns with that of white supremacists and nazis, you don’t reflect on and analyze why you have that view and instead lash out like it’s someone else’s problem that you’re siding with nazis, don’t get butthurt when people call you a nazi

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

therobit posted:

Man, those black Nazis and their secret Nazi OK symbol.

no marginalized people have ever aligned themselves with oppressors, therefore

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

LadyPictureShow posted:

My (30m) gf (27f) is too confrontational and picks a fight anywhere we go with random people

'Internet, I'm dating a she-Pete. Oh bother.'
*wrings hands*

there are lots of teachers in my family and i can confirm this is normal. if you don’t want an outspoken & confrontational partner, don’t date a teacher. more badasses for the rest of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

Moon Atari posted:

That post has to be written with the deliberate intention to mislead. The original post has her and her friends going through every guy in town saying simply don't bother, not worth your time or giving star ratings using the phrases 'bad sex' and 'awful in bed', self-describing it as just having a laugh. Then the clarification is "well actually what we meant was rapey stuff" and we were warning her. Like the first post it is completely reasonable to think that they are just rating guy's performance in a way that would be considered lovely regardless of the gender of the speaker, then the clarification completely reverses the meaning and is at odds with the initial description.

beep boop greetings fellow Post-O-Tron, how goes your study of the communication habits of the hyu-mins