Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Every time I read it, Pete becomes more of a loving genius. Like dude has seen that life is too short for stupid people and assholes and the venn diagrams in which they overlap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
:chloe:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
There was a theory put about that a parent was abusing one or both of the sisters and there are current legal proceedings going on. Him being a product of an affair is also a strong theory.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I am kinda in this sitch with an uncle and it used to just be Big Dan/Little Dan, but now my cousin has named her kid Dan, and it's just got more comedic, and we call my uncle Dan the Elder and my little second cousin Dan the Younger, and I've taken to calling myself "Dan the Mediocre". There are a lot of finger guns at my family gatherings because I'm pretty sure we're all like 45% Dad-genetics.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
He was hit by somebody, probably not just his mom. I still flinch when unexpectedly touched/caressed. By anyone. I am a 36 year old grown-rear end-man.

E: I flinched real hard when an attractive coworker, who I had expressly given permission to touch my hair and had a habit of doing it when I knew they were going to, touched my head from behind, even after I knew they were behind me.

EE: little humans, no matter how physically resilient they may seem, are fragile in unseen ways.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 24, 2018

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Dat dose of fight or flight adrenaline is pretty impressive vis-a-vis how fleeting being scared out of your wits by being unexpectedly touched lasts!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Pick posted:

jim kirk would hate yoda. like a guy who has tons of friends he has shown over and over again that he would gladly sacrifice himself for would not tolerate yoda’s hideous and toxicly masculine doctrine of self-interest and preservation of the status quo at all costs. Jim, ( and Spock too) explicitly talk about the value of “this simple feeling”: love, in the political sphere, and as a foundation of morality and worldview. Jim basically does in the search for spock what Luke does in Empire: go on a life-threatening fool’s errand to rescue a friend. a correct course of action explicitly disapproved of by Yoda. Jim Kirk is shown throughout TOS reforming episode villans and teaching them compassion, again, something that Yoda literally told Luke not to do. Jim Kirk and Luke Skywalker have the same ethics and worldview : that loyalty to one’s friends is important, that love and compassion are forces for good, and that apathy and indifference are never good solutions to problems ( Jim Kirk literally had a movie in which his story arc was about learning not to be indifferent to the misfortunes of others!) Yoda worldview is the exact opposite : loyalty is irrelevant, love and compassion are evil, and indifference and apathy are the solution to every problem and the foundation of wisdom. this is a point of view that Luke is shown to reject on screen multiple times and is the culmination of his character arc in the three original movies.

did I just have a stroke?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
You want the real poo poo? A toasted bacon and over-hard egg sandwich, with lots of peanut butter. It's unreal how many of the flavor boxes it ticks.

E: if you have access to a panini-press, it makes it even better.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 29, 2018

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

LadyPictureShow posted:

I have all those ingredients, so hello tomorrow’s breakfast!

So if you do it, butter the outside of the bread and fry it like a grilled cheese instead of toasting if you really wanna go whole hog.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Pick posted:

Pathetic, one punch and it's down

Someone that has never fought the dog for sustenance ITT

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Basically the strat for this is find a corner, feet up, back and head down with a constant windmilling of feet keeping dog out of your space.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

Whereas the Monarch totally is.

burial posted:

I almost said that! but I mean, queens are monarchs too.

They prefer Dr. the Mrs. The Monarch.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I went from this post

My Imaginary GF posted:

God, I wish I could be a full time dad. Knock a chick up 5 or 6 times, have lots of babies to raise and a home to take care of.

To this post

almightyerin posted:

They're quasi-feral. They were born and grew up in the woods around my house. I bring them in when it gets super cold but they don't like it one bit. They absolutely will not use a litter box, preferring to piss on my stove and countertops and they terrorize my two strictly indoor cats. They DID live in my barn but a tree took it out last winter.

I was very confused for several moments.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
She is dating Warren Buffet's Get-Out clone, and she should be prepared to lose him to his programming around 48, because he doesn't want a teenage clone with all those hormones, he wants them at their peak clinical-thought.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
My mother started fostering after she randomly wound up watching the infant of one of my brother's friends while he was at work, while his wife was in jail for drug charges. My brother's friend then 6 months later OD'ed and died one night. My mother then got foster rights, because the mother didn't want the child and still had a year left on her stint. My mother then raised that little boy for 3 years, all the way through some of the hardest long-night parenting you can experience, when his father's cousins decided to take him in. He lives with them in the midwest now, and they come up to see my mum like every 18 months.

After that, she decided fostering was for her, and fostered a 13 year old native girl through her entire HS period. Girl was top of her class and took state-level robotics championships. She is now enrolled in a mechanical engineering program, and keeps my mom more abreast of her dreams and goals than her bio parents.

Fostering can work, especially if it's by a strong ol' broad who isn't in it for the money, but misses having kids in the house to nurture.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Turtlicious posted:

No, when I went into a group home it was pretty clear I was too much effort / work and had to become a better person. Then she died, which was the kick in the pants to get clean.

that is so beautiful, we all get to have awesome little moments on this forum

My grandmother did the same thing. I have "uncles" that are in no way related by blood, from before the AK state foster program ever became a thing, that are closer to my grandmother and our family than they ever were to their bio parents.

My grandmother and mother are also tied for strongest matriarchs I've ever encountered, so maybe it's a family thing.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Nonvalueadded User posted:

The internalization of “Blood is thicker than water” has done so much harm...relations may be biological but family is built.

There was one story way back when in this thread (I think) about an extended family trip to Disneyland or the like, where some dipshit said, “Let’s get all the Smith kids in the photo...no, just the real Smith kids.” I’m so glad that (based on their treatment of my daughter from a prior marriage or any of the foster kids) neither my in-laws nor my family would ever say something so hurtful —and I’m grateful too, because that’s an immediate :sever:

There is a reason Thanksgiving and Christmas at my Grandmother's house is 50+ people, only about 60% of them could I trace to me by blood or marriage. Every year, someone new shows up for the first time, realizes it's an amazing place, run by an amazing couple women, and they just stop going to toxic family events and end up in Thanksmas Valhalla with the rest of us, where beer is cracked in the arctic-entryway, drunk next to the fire, and weed is smoked politely in the garage, and a big-ol feast is provided by everyone and enjoyed by everyone.

Also there are dogs that will eat anything you drop. I just realized my thanksgiving/christmas is basically a fantasy novel feast.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
:chloe: to this whole gol-darn thread

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

MightyJoe36 posted:

Not from reddit, but relevant to this thread:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...m=.3b06fa004810

Broken link.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I mean if the counter was clear before she showed up and looked like that when she left? IDK, I have always helped SO's/friends clear up before I leave. If the counter looked like that when she got there... yeah, gently caress that guy.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Heliotrope posted:

It's the second one, the guy is saying he expected her to just clean up his own mess that he had made as a "girlfriend test".

I've always loved co-cleaning as a intimacy thing. "We made a mess and we're gonna fix it. GIMME THAT DRYING TOWEL! LETS DO THIS BEDDING WASHING!"

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Pick posted:

eat the cat ham, quizboy

___________________________________/

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

jobson groeth posted:

This is the ideal female body. You may not like it but this is what peak womanhood looks like.

It gets weirder and weirder to me as Microwave's Mom has morphed from being "lol MILF!" to "Oh that is an attractive woman in my age cohort!"

buttchugging adderall posted:

My CPAP machine has changed my life and I cannot suggest it enough to anybody I know who tells me they're tired often and snore at night.

I am tired often, and snore sometimes, but I am a relatively low-BMI dude that wakes up at 5:15 every morning. Then again I normally go to bed at like 10PM.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Problem is that the definition of a planet involves "clearing your neighborhood", and Mercury has "done this" (mostly by the sun swallowing anything anything it had trouble with/didn't end up in the perfect orbit like it did) but pluto with it's weird angular orbit couldn't do. Never mind there are half a dozen dwarf planets we've found since that act super similar to pluto, it was a thing where we go "oh, and the 10th planet, and oh the 11th! oh and the 12th!" or we go "you must do this thing to ride the rides", and pluto/charon don't fit the criteria.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Pick posted:

too many daves

deep cut there mrs mccave.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

:chloe:

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
That's a 90's sitcom plot right?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I used to work with a guy that made sound effects as a tic, but suppressed it around others. If he didn't realize you were in the shop with him, it sounded like a Tex Avery live-reel. He had hella aspergers.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
Having grown up with the wild, and secret beautiful places you only show to certain people, even if they are hard to get to and nobody is going to go there, yeah huge violation of trust.

It's like saying "Well I have this birthmark, and it's shaped like Connecticut, and it's right in the center of my left buttock." And then everyone knows you have a Connecticut-shaped birthmark but not precisely where.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
and a 40th anniversary just happens once every year huh?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Smirking_Serpent posted:

How do I(23F) Explain to my BF(23M) Why I am Breaking Up With Him Without Throwing his Friend Under the Bus?

Oof, Simon ready to cross the Rubicon and slide in on this girl when she blows it up.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Barudak posted:

Yeah, girl probably shouldnt take advice from Iago.

Yeah, there were a couple of my ex-wife's friends that I was just like "watch out for this one, they will try to sabotage anything you have to get into your pants", and every time she was like "lol nooooo, they are just really good friends" lo-and-behold, every single one of them blew up poo poo and burned bridges to try to get with her when we called it quits. Like not a month or two would go by without her messaging me that I was right about so-and-so.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Motronic posted:

[20M] had sex for the first time in a one night stand and she choked me out? [new]
submitted 20 minutes ago by throwawaycam1000

Written one handed by Cheryl Tunt.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I loving hate all of you

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
This loving "discussion" again. Can we loving not please?

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

cumshitter posted:

This is also a good way to find the well endowed men at gay bars, they do not use contractions.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
That is like the Hanlon's Razor of r/r slash r/AITA stories, and you most so many of these I just don't know anymore.

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for hiding my amputation during a job interview?

AND THAT'S WHY YOU ALWAYS LEAVE A NOTE!

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Piell posted:

Found a good candidate for the "barely concealed fetish" award
AITA for wanting my girlfriend to fart near me?

Get away from me James Joyce!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
It never once mentions the OP's gender in the erection story.