Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I've been doing hammer curls...with actual hammers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bulk a cold.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Neck goals

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLWzZsuFxZZ/

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Haven't squatted in 10 months. All kinds of pants fit really well.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Wooo

https://twitter.com/RicFlairNatrBoy/status/816665422611283968

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Fallows posted:

Is that 3 plates and some?

A claimed 400 lbs.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Last year I was on this 5 day a week 4x12 plan, and I burned the gently caress out after barely 3 months. Turns out I wasn't taking steroids. I put on about 15 lbs of bulk though.

This year I'm on a chill as hell 3 day a week 3x8. It's pretty nice.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

This salami is causing water retention.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Costco cross post

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

FreddyJackieTurner posted:

Muscle ups are really hard but I feel like I need to do one to be considered "athletic." Any tips for bigger guys?

Don't pull yourself up. Pull the bar down to you. No one will be more athletic than the man who can crush a power cage like a beer can.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Not to freak you out, but this exhaustion could be related to other autoimmune disorders. Definitely speak with a doctor. I have a friend with ankylosing spondylitis, and another with psoriatic arthritis - they both had bouts of extreme fatigue along with the celiac-like symptoms.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Lol if you don't have a constant protein IV drip going.

Alternatively, eat beef jerky throughout the day. This will also swole up your jaw muscles.

You can substitute in dry salami. Probably actually recommended around here. Sopressata is preferred.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 31, 2017

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

creatine is okay if you like feeling bloated all the time, but salami will also do this for you

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Post your fitness log:

Wake up
poo poo
Coffee
Raisin Bran
Coffee
poo poo
Lunch
poo poo
Snack
Gym
Dinner
Drink until I pass out

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I'm mad that it looks like this on my phone

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/how-to-get-strong-what-is-strong/ posted:

This is about the most objective strength comparison you can get, based on 12,000+ actual competition results spanning 4 years in the largest, strictest, and most competitive drug-tested organization in the sport.

That's actually very subjective. It's good to know that as a casual bro with an inconsistent diet and training regiment, my workout reps for my weight class are somewhere around the 5 to 10 percentile of max competition lifts. But my deadlift doesn't even chart until I lose 50 lbs, haha.

I want to know how I compare to the other average hoi polloi.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Khorne posted:

Lifting is real not cool if you get weaker while still lifting consistently. I'm stepping on the scale tomorrow morning to begin solving this mystery.

I made sweet progress in Sheiko until early january when the program ended, and then I tried some real high volume program and I think I somehow exceed max recoverable volume but stupidly kept doing it for a long time. I physically look bigger but I stopped doing the volume thing like a month or more ago at this point and my lifts still aren't really where they were. Mostly bench. The other lifts have gone up.

The reality may also be that I just suck rear end at everything gym related. For example, my pec engagement is probably garbage in bench right now and that could be a contributing factor.

High volume is for people on steroids. I completely burned out on a 4x12 program.

Now I'm on a max chill 3x8. Actually making gains and recovering well, even though I'm Over 30.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

Hahahaha how are you even burned out? Just vary the intensity like use different weights

5 days a week for 3 months straight before full body tendinitis and apathy set in, max intensity, probably hitting 5 exercises per muscle group in the split, over 30, and

ArmZ posted:

Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is Burn Out Real Hahahaha Nigga Just Walk Away From The Weights Like Nigga Open Your Hands Haha

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

See I was doing it on a bulk which is stupid because I'm not on steroids but also I put on 15 lbs so maybe it was good

But now I'm just happy with general health and fitness with no specific goals, feels good man

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Chinatown posted:

hatred is the best pre-workout

lol if u dont lift with hate in your heart

my highschool track coach told me this

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Where can I get board shorts that fit my waist but also fit my rear end? Anything that's the right waist size is saran wrap on my crotch and thighs.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Gaz2k21 posted:

Get MMA shorts they pretty much look the same and a decent pair will be designed to stretch plus you have the added advantage of being able to kick suckers in the head.

There are people around here who actually do MMA. The whole point of lifting weights is to be able to look like you can fight without actually knowing how to fight. I'm screwed.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I love leg day. I hate two days after leg day.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

TenementFunster posted:

so a few months ago I spent like $300 replacing all of my medium t-shirts that did not fit with large shirts. now i'm paranoid that the large shirts don't fit in the shoulders now and the XLs are comically too large in the torso on me and american apparel sold out anyway so i can't even buy the XL

Get a large and cut out the sleeves and neck.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

There's a couple of not big at all chicken legged bros with wrist straps and back belts futiley pulling on a 565 lb bar. Is this some exercise I am unaware of? The bar might as well be anchored in the Earth.

Edit now they're slamming the trap bar on the ground with two plates.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Jul 18, 2017

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

O rly, Alcoholism is bad? Weird I thought Drunk Driver Dad's broken husk of a body was being helped by constant alcoholic libation

lol if you don't get all of your carbs from beer

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Zzulu posted:

Also, I am never vascular

What gives

I want to look like I'm about to explode in a shower of gore as well

Get more blood. It will swell your veins.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I outwork everyone in the gym but go home and eat pizza and drink beer and have a full dad bod.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Paper Diamonds posted:

Hey everybody?

I'm squatting 315 for reps (A big goal I had when I first started lifting).

I am proud but my real life friends don't care. You probably don't care either.

:toot:

Good job. Do you still wear pants or have you switched to kilts?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

LordArgh posted:

if your body is not close to bursting at all times, you're not working out hard enough

or eating enough cured meats

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

Watched an interview with Dorian Yates where he recalls that his workouts amounted to only about 45 minutes in the gym. More intensity, less rest between sets. I've always taken my sweet loving time in the gym, and while I've avoided injury, I've never gained much size. I'm beginning to experiment with jamming all my stuff into a 45 minute window. It's kicking my rear end, but I'm going to see how well it's worked after a month.

Some powerlifters take five minutes between sets of one rep.

More intensity and less rest can be good to an extent, but something I've learned is that a lot of things the pros do only works because they take steroids.

How many sets are you doing? I never had a problem getting 6 different lifts, like 18 sets, in about 40 minutes.

FogHelmut fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 6, 2017

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Bob Morales posted:

This is that dude when he was 16

I was already benching over 400 pounds in powerlifting meets and deadlifting & squatting 625 pounds at 16 years old.

a kid on my highschool team went from being a huge bitch to jacked as gently caress and covered in acne over one off season. ended up making all state, starting in college for four years, and made the NFL as a backup

steroids are for real

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I recommend steroids. You can sit on your rear end and get massive gains.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pesmerga posted:

I'm sick of cutting, and at 5'9" and 142lb maybe it's just counter productive and I should just try to get really big muscles from my muscle wizard template instead.

This diet should help

Monday - Friday

1st meal:
7 weet bix 2 eggs and glass of milk

2nd Meal:
Bowl Of continental chicken and vegetables family pack rice (125grams)

3rd Meal:

4th Meal:

5th Meal:
3 eggs and glass of milk or water

6th Meal:

7th Meal:

8th Meal:
7 weetbix 2 eggs and glass of milk
-GYM Time-

9th meal Whole large chicken and glass of milk or water

Saturday and Sunday

anything you feel like really.
Whole chickens, Rump steaks, Weetbix and occasionally cheat meals.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

synthetic wicking materials are extra smelly due to microscopic structure that enhances wicking provides nice homes to bacterias. some of the fancier ones are coated with antibacterial stuff, but it sucks and wears out quickly, especially if you use fabric softener or dryer sheets.

use natural wool as it is naturally odor and bacterial resistant

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I mean I wouldn't exercise in wool I can't afford the good stuff, but this is generally good advice if you plan on hiking or prepping.

I am wearing full synthetic right now, I got back from the gym and hour ago and haven't showered and I smell like rear end.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

why do i get leg doms for days but i can do any goofy poo poo with my upper body and be fine?

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Turning 34 in two months. Ate 7 eggs today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Anyone know where I can get some tainted supplements?