Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Bushiz posted:

Best case scenario, we are entering the finale of the 1812 Overture that is the election, and the Alicia Machado thing is just the first thing to fly out of the recently cracked oppo folder

And the last and cruelest of the demons in it... was Hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

lozzle posted:

Not a clue. Suspects so far include:

Marla Maples. Donald's least favorite kid. Taffy? Stephanie?

Edit: joking aside, Marla makes a ton of sense based on what the person above me just said. :stare:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

boner confessor posted:

you can write whatever you want on an envelope for a return address, and then just mail it from a collection box in that area

an old trick to scam the mail system is to write your address as the sender, and you recipient address as the return address, and then put insufficient postage on the envelope so it is 'returned' to the person you wanted to send it to anyway :ssh:

Note: I do not recommend scamming the mail system, because if you get caught you will get turbofucked.

Postal Inspectors do not gently caress around.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Honestly I find the ethics of drone strikes fascinating and I still haven't reached a resolution on them yet

On the surface, the government being able to kill militants via a remote controlled device anywhere on earth is terrifying in the implications of its overreach. On the other hand, these operations would have otherwise been carried out by larger missiles or ground forces which have a much higher chance for human error in terms of casualties. We could always just not kill terrorist leaders at all, but I am not sure that's the best outcome either.

I guess the question I wrestle with is, if a drone is the best way of carrying out a dirty action that is wholly necessary, how do we respond to the ethics of that?

If the action is wholly necessary and would be carried out anyway, drones are a very, very good thing. My only objection is that they lower the threshold for sky-murder, and that could conceivably be addressed by a shift in policy.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

On Terra Firma posted:

I don't want to TV/IV or anything but Clinton just brought up something that I've faced dozens of times throughout the years running my business. Sometimes I will submit an invoice with terms of 30 days (sometimes 45 depending on the company) and they will conveniently 'lose" my invoice and I won't get paid for 90 days and in a few cases up to 6 months. These aren't small shops struggling to pay out either. They are huge companies with deep pockets that just push payment out because they can. There are times I've been really sweating it not because I'm doing poorly or not getting enough business, but because I haven't been reimbursed to work I did months ago and the terms of the invoice were ignored. There are times I was owed nearly $10k and was told "Oh we misplaced that invoice so we have to resubmit it through accounts payable which will take an additional 45-60 days to process." This isn't even abnormal at this point.

So even though I've done really well and I've grown my company at a very steady rate I sometimes am completely locked in place because large companies routinely decide they don't feel like paying out in a timely manner. There are times I have to find ways to delay a job while trying to save face because I do not have the cash to pay rent, my suppliers, and most importantly my employees, and take on another job. When I say I can't pay I really mean I have almost nothing in my checking and savings after expenses incurred in the process of getting work done.

Can she do anything about it? gently caress if I know, but it's the first time I've heard a politician bring it up.

This happens loving constantly in consulting.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

berserker posted:

Check out PEC right now it's getting god damned positive

Or go to pet island and look at animal pictures all day. :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Civilized Fishbot posted:

Shouldn't SA be someone safe from that, though, since it reels in money from avatar/title changes and re-registrations?

Which I would like to note is a frankly genius business innovation. :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

woke wedding drone posted:

If Trump said that the next day a video would come out with him wearing them

Ivanka wanted a pony ride but he had just lost a billion dollars again so he had to improvise.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

YouSpoonyBard posted:

Well tonight just got more interesting!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/783391423663964160

Of course he couldn't let Pence have the spotlight tonight, jesus christ

:laffo:

This is the best election. Provided, of course, that Trump doesn't win.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Well, I guess we know who's next in Putin's crocodile pit.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

lozzle posted:

The reason they don't talk about this is because it is primarily Congress' fault for refusing to appropriate funds for more security. :ssh:

I seem to recall the Benghazi consulate going "eh, we good, any extra funds to Libya should go to the embassy as a higher value target with some security deficiencies". Which isn't to say they wouldn't have wanted money if there was enough to harden both places, of course!

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Tiny Brontosaurus posted:

Who are the least awful Republicans now?

Retired ones?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

A Winner is Jew posted:

Nixon, Reagan, Scalia, Eisenhower, Lincoln... I'm sure you can see the pattern here.

I am fairly confident that Reagan and Scalia, at least, are still horrible.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Pick posted:

He's basically Evil Hillary. There's a certain kind of politician who is very good "at politics" but doesn't actually understand people at all. Trump is the exact opposite, he "gets" people but he'd fail a 10th grade civics class.

Hillary's really loving good one on one, though. I am much less sure about Zodiac.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

If Trump punches a baby this election officially turns into performance art. That's straight out of The Campaign.

Paul Ryan, to the least lucky intern: "What'd he do now, insult a baby?"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Lemming posted:

Which Miller is this? Is it a new one?

God dammit, I swear to god one day I will untangle this Miller conspiracy

Steve Miller is the second most powerful person in the Trump campaign, after Ivanka - he is mighty in both the Council of Steves and the Miller Organization.

Edit: Milluminati is the correct term.

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Oct 7, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

boner confessor posted:

florida is a weird state because of its cities. miami is cool, tampa is ok, orlando is a swamp and jacksonville is basically orlando minus disney, which somehow makes it worse actually

And Tallahassee is only arguably a city? :v:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

:allears: There may not even be a German word for what I am feeling.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Night10194 posted:

I think he genuinely believes he only 'lost' because of the microphone. It's his lifeline, the thing he can blame that isn't him.

Please, Baby Jesus, let this be true.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Xand_Man posted:

I always wince when this gets used as ammo against Santorum.

People do crazy-rear end things when they are experiencing terrible emotional trauma, go figure.

Yeah, Rick "Santorum" Santorum is a monumental shitbag, but this is one of very few decisions he has ever made that I will not hold against him.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Maybe they're just lowering expectations! Ahaha, maybe they're really preparing hard and that's why he's doing a 30 minute thing when it was supposed to be 90 minutes and ahahahaha oh my god he's going to be crushed.

Like, I hope Hilldawg doesn't get overconfident but it's HILLARY. She'll have prepared for loving everything and he is going to get chaos dunked AGAIN.

crush enemies, see them driven, lamentations of Ivanka

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Owen Ellickson posted:

RYAN: You're a monster.
TRUMP: Right.
RYAN: A MONSTER!
TRUMP: We still campaigning together tomorrow?
RYAN: Absolutely, I'll be there by 1

TRUMP: So...
CONWAY:
TRUMP: I mean...
CONWAY:
TRUMP: Well, so, look: I mean, first of all, hi.
CONWAY:
TRUMP: Really. Bottom of my heart: hi

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Sephyr posted:

Imagine what they have in store for monday, to sweeten the post-debate afterglow.

Clinton strategist: "Yeah, I guess this was pretty good.

For an opener. :getin:"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Night10194 posted:

Who is this idiot.

A shitbag alt-right lawyer* who tried to get a friend of mine kicked out of grad school after she mouthed off to him.

There are much more deplorable things about him but that's the one that annoys me most. :colbert:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Somewhere in New Jersey, Chris Christie is still waiting anxiously by his cell phone. Any minute now. Any minute.

Reek, Reek, it rhymes with...

...Leak. :getin:

Edit: gently caress you new phone autocorrect not knowing SA emojis

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Oct 8, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Hollismason posted:

I'd actually like to hear more about this story of your friend. What did he do?

Dug up her school and warned them that A) based on her getting fairly loudly mad (on the internet) at him and his cronies, she clearly has anger issues, and B) she has admitted to owning and carrying a firearm, therefore C) she is a school shooting risk.

I never said it was a very good attempt, and I'm not sure if I would be more angry or less if it was a good attempt. Got sorted out in one or two meetings to the effect of "some rear end in a top hat is expressing concerns about your mental state, what's up?"

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Fangz posted:

Trump knows there's worse to come.

He's saying the *campaign* made him not misogynist. Like, he's leaving open the potential for more revelations of stuff like this up to and including 2016.

Oh sweet baby Jesus, I didn't quite catch this technicality when I read the transcript the first time. :stare:

I'm not actually sure I want to stay on this train.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Bad Moon posted:

I hope one of the questions Hillary is asked is What Is Best in Life? :getin:

She's been ready for that one for decades at a minimum, if not since she punched a ten year old classmate for disobeying her orders about baby rabbits.

(I love that story, it no poo poo made me more positive towards the Dread Abuela. She will hold her subordinates accountable after delegating authority, which was a problem early Obama had with eg his Treasury secretary not prosecuting bankers!)

Edit: Tim loving Geithner

Goatse James Bond fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Oct 8, 2016

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Lawrence Lessing.

Press Manager Brian Boyko would have catapulted Something Awful back into the public consciousness.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Crazy Ted posted:

The Donald just pinned a pair of Juanita Broddick tweets to the top of his timeline.

He is absolutely going to go there tomorrow night.

May Hillary reign a thousand years.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

So Chris Christie did get to them.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Greatbacon posted:

"I'm voting for Hillary Clinton. She seems like someone that can drink me under the table"

"I'm voting for Hillary Clinton. She's someone I could have eight beers with."

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Icon Of Sin posted:

She drinks you under the table, then when someone tries to take your wallet :abuela: cracks him in the face and knocks him straight out. ¡Viva la abuela temida!

Not empty quoting. poo poo, she's anecdotally willing to belt a motherfucker.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

A Winner is Jew posted:

I know the comment on this was a joke... but she actually did drink McCain under the table.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2013729/US-elections-How-Hillary-Clinton-beat-John-McCain-at-vodka-drinking.html

:laffo:

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

trash person posted:

Also do you want to be the staffer to tell Trump something went poorly

He might feed you to Roger Ailes.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Phone posted:

Not to mention that the messaging changes sentence by sentence. In the morning, Pence is furious, looking to drop out. In the evening, he's 100% dedicated to Trump.

The clowns got to him.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Instant Sunrise posted:

hey fyi it's kind of hosed up to compare mike pence to a domestic violence victim

I giggled, but it's definitely humor much, much blacker than Pence's constituents.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

Crow Jane posted:

I'm seriously feeling the same way about tonight that I feel when I'm going to an awesome concert or something. Just all tingles, daydreams and anticipation :allears:

On some level I still can't believe this is happening. We are seeing Donald Trump knowingly and deliberately burn the GOP to the ground.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

PT6A posted:

He knows a lot of words -- the best words, even -- because his brain is very big and he's said a lot of things.

The Trump Vocabulary is utterly amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

meristem posted:

Could you ask them? I started learning (European) Spanish back in... 2006, maybe? And the '@' thing was already pretty routine then on the Internet. Just as a signifier of people when gender wasn't important. So, you'd also write chic@ for 'guy or gal' and so on. The Latinx thing is new to me.

Latinx is the choice of at least one Hispanic group at my university. :v:

• Locked thread