Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I remembered to leave ESPN on and watch Bad Beats this week. I encourage everyone to make this a Monday Night tradition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chichevache posted:

It is week 5 in the NFL and only the Browns and the J*g**rs haven't won a game in the Western hemisphere.

God the things my brain makes me fact check, at least for 5 minutes. I think London is technically in both hemispheres but Wembley is in the western hemisphere. The Prime Meridian passes through Royal Greenwich Observatory which is to the east of Wembley.

This is a way of saying no...nothing compares to the Browns.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

TheLightPurges posted:

heres some of it

I think Odell should reach out to Steve Smith for some advice on how to channel his rage. Or at least look cool instead of stupid while he vents it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

adaz posted:

You mean the completely bullshit penalty for "deflating" footballs that real science showed was just a fundamental law of physics? I know you didn't like the report Roger, and the court calling you a moron, but it's you know. Reality.

I suddenly lost a lot of respect for adaz in this post.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brockenstein posted:

This post is correct

I can't believe after all these years I'm still not sure whether or not mcmagic is gimmick posting

Oh it's definitely silly and trumped up and had no effect on any games.

It's also true that they actually did it (although maybe not effectively in that particular game) thinking it would matter. And then Brady went all scorched earth on his phone because he was so afraid of it.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mcmagic posted:

Why did they do it if it had no effect?

Why do athletes wear those silver bracelet things? They think it works even if it doesn't.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Is that supposed to be really outrageous or something?

It's a 4 Ring Shrimp joke unless I'm missing something.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brockenstein posted:

OBJ and Josh Gordon will both be Patriots by the start of the 2017 season somehow

Doubt it.

I am 100% sure Christian McCaffrey will end up on the Pats though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I like to imagine it took them 4 hours of active work to take this single picture.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

mcmagic posted:

Because the reason he was in position to turn it over that many times was because of the horrible defense digging holes he was trying to climb out of.

Knowing that I'll never convince you of anything, I'd argue that at least 3 of the 6 picks against KC came before the game was out of reach and there was no need to try to force anything. The game wasn't really over until the Derrick Johnson pick 6. There's also the fact that Eric Berry's interception in the end zone came when no one in the world could call the game over.

From the other side that was an annoying game because it was a game for so much longer than it should have been.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

CyberPingu posted:

He got his ring and stopped caring

This doesn't seem to be Revis's main motivation. Plus he was pretty good last year.

I'm not ready to call him done yet, but if he is it happens to a lot of guys on the wrong side of 30.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

remember that lovely beard that looked like he glued pubes to his face?

He still has it, and it still looks horrible. You'd think someone would talk to him.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Incitatus posted:

Why doesn't linking photos work anymore?

Depending on your browser you have to right click on the pic and save image location, copy, view image or whatever leads to the actual address of the picture instead of imgur's template. Then link that.

e: Oops there was a new page

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This owns, though.

It's a shame he didn't have to write that note though.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ehud posted:

cool I'll save some money!

Nothing football related but reading up on Matthew, are you or your alter-egos Crazy or nnnAdam (come back) being evacuated?

e: Stay safe Dolfan goons, you need to let the team slowly kill you. Jacksonville fans too, for the same reason.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Oct 6, 2016

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Brannock posted:

Now SNF's taken that place

After the last one I am willing to say gently caress SNF and I don't mind if my team is never on it again.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

whypick1 posted:

Oh come on, you're not that far removed from the "TOM BRADY AND THE PATRIOTS ARE DONE" game.

Well if that had actually happened I'd feel differently of course.

e: Yeah that was also Monday night I guess after looking it up.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tailgating at Arrowhead is not a no one gives a poo poo situation.

Now the game, eh.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Forever_Peace posted:

ffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Way late to respond but I enjoyed the 3 TE set writeup you did. KC's been running a fair amount of that too the last couple/three years (when they managed to have 3 guys they trusted healthy at the same time at least). Although I think they tend to do it with a running back in the backfield more often than not. I don't have any real analysis to go with that observation, just it often felt like the offense was most effective from that formation.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't think anyone was expecting anything different but Cam's officially out for Monday.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A.o.D. posted:

No LSU today, I can't bear to watch Tulane right now, and no Saints tomorrow. Someone give me a good foob all game I can kill some time with on Sunday, please. fiimotspmbf

Hmmm. I assign you...Titans at Dolphins.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

A.o.D. posted:

Fiimotspmbf

This is slightly less annoying but come on. We know.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

a neat cape posted:

Philip's own personal hell is being down every single week with a minute to go and the length of the field to go.

That or trying to run out the clock against the Chiefs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Laugh all you want, but DHB has as many TDs as Edelman this year

More in fact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Febreeze posted:

was this person like not alive in 2005 for Steelers/Seahawks because gently caress. SB50 was fantastic, as long as you appreciate defense. Saying it was the worst game ever played is kind of an insult to all the defensive players.

The Super Bowl was generally a terrible game all throughout the 80s and 90s other than a year here and there. The 49ers beat the Broncos by 45 points in 1990.

Maybe this guy is under 26 or maybe he thinks one team being good makes a game well played, I'm not sure which. I'll take the bum fight every time, although like you said that was not what went on last year.

• Locked thread