Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
http://www.psp-tv.com/r/NiteCrew
This poll is closed.
500562 49.92%
139 0.01%
153 0.02%
500888 49.95%
940 0.09%
Total: 1002682 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

Trump will lose and will accept defeat but he'll basically tell his supporters to start killing the undesirables that voted for Hillary.

And I bet the Republicans in the audience start booing him and immediately go online to say how unconservative he was and next time they need to vote for a REAL conservative. There will be no revolution, just a bunch of voters who will chuck their budweiser cans at Trump's head on the way out.

He'll be exactly like Romney, who was a sure thing until he wasn't and then nobody will fess up to voting for him.

Bird Law posted:

Reminder that even Elder Statesman and noted gentleman Mitt Romney was a dick in his concession call to Obama “‘You really did a great job of getting out the vote in places like Cleveland and Milwaukee." Romney speak for "Congrats on getting all the blacks to vote."

I think Trump will double down on the Hispanic bashing and really drive it home that the GOP hates all nonpasty people, and that'll be it for the GOP come 2018. Because he just can't gently caress up 2016, he has to undermine a midterm election to really destroy the Republicans.

babypolis posted:

oh sweet jesus pls let trump get owned so hard today he cries and poops his pants on live tv and then his idiot children murder him

I'll settle for chest pains and a loud long fart before he falls to the ground and EMS has to come save him. That'll be the ultimate end for this mad, mad year.

triple sulk posted:

abuela

texas

please

YES. This will be epic. The Republican meltdown will be glorious because they won't be able to contain their panic.

euphronius posted:

Texas isn't happening unless every poll undercounted latinos

This is what I'm counting on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I think the Detroit Free Press is right: Michigan hasn't counted Washtenaw and Wayne Countries completely yet. You know, the two counties that pretty much make up SE Michigan.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Venom Snake posted:

economic nationalists :whitewater:

I keep thinking back to 'It Can't Happen Here,' and how the Dictator in that one ended up not being able to keep his economic promises of a million-zillion dollars and then was usurped by someone else, leading to protracted in-fighting while the resistance started making real headway.

I don't really think Trump is going to be that powerful if he needs people to lead him and he choose stupid White Nationalist assholes. I really don't think Trump knows what he has gotten himself or the nation into, and that it will not end well for him and the GOP. After all, they're fighting for some idealized world that will never work. Everybody else is fighting for their lives.

*Edit: it also CAN'T happen here, dammit.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Baloogan posted:

i have no clue what being a naarssiscist is like, but if I were trump id be feeling prety drat smug about everything holy poo poo everything works out for trump

No, if everything worked out for Trump he would have lost by a slim margin and spent the next four to eight years bitching while the alt-right showered him with donations. Now, fucker's got the power...but what will he do with it?

From what it seems, he's going to attempt to pass a lot of controversial legislation that will be publicized heavily, then fly into a rage on Twitter when suddenly people have a problem with the way they're being governed. Oh, and except every foreign leader meeting to result in Trump breaking a promise or looking stupid while he thinks exactly the opposite. And wait until the first real moment he faces where he has to do something and ends up doing something more embarrassing and stupid than sitting for a few minutes with a copy of 'My Pet Goat' in his hands.

I don't see him winning the presidency as a win. I see it as him having to do a real job at 70 and loving up big. Right now it's just a matter of what the problem is and the resultant whining fit. Can you imagine him going off on an ally after a bad meeting on Twitter, only for it to cause major issues?

Interesting times, indeed.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Living on the other side of the world doesn't make me feel any safer from the outcome of this presidency it only make me feel more powerless to do anything about it.

Oh the bright side, you're going to see just how fast the West rearranges around an absent America. Say goodbye to any superpower cred we have.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Yinlock posted:

this is good to me

euphronius posted:

Pence with the good, reasonable quotes

Huh

The only reason he's saying that is so when Trump has to be impeached/dies from a quarter pounder overdose that Pence can say 'look, I was the reasonable one' right before he signs the 'You Have to Beat The Gays In the Head With a Stick' Bill. Fortunately for us Trump will steamroll right over him with some other insane poo poo because gently caress Pence that's why.

Grey Fox posted:

Creeps me the gently caress out when bigoted authoritarians pull out the "aw, shucks" routine.

With Pence he tries but fails. During the VP debate he tried some of the things Reagan did during the Carter Debate but failed because while Reagan knew how to speak (at that time) Pence really doesn't. Pence has a drawl that makes him look lazy or downright mentally disabled. He really can't do the 'aw shucks' routine while looking competent, he just looks like someone who was just woken up from a deep nap and wants to get back to it and you're just getting in the way.

Given our luck, I would not be amazed if Pence has an early onset Alzheimer's while Trump has just gone insane with years of anger. We did not elect healthy people into power.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

loving lol.

So what are we looking at as a possible situation here. Trump spends weekdays in the white house, family stays in NY, Pence pretty much runs the show with Bannon?

I really get the feeling that a few months into this presidency we're going to get a bit of legislation coming from the White House that will make Trump screech on Twitter 'this is stupid' without realizing it's from the TRUMP Administration. And he'll have to be reminded of that before his dignity kicks in and he retracts it.

Democrazy posted:

On Meet The Press this morning, there was a Republican panel to discuss what Trump's priorities should be, and all they talked about was the national debt and entitlement reform.

How do these people still not get it?

They get paid to speak, not paid to speak coherently. We're going to be seeing a lot of aging of everybody in the Trump Administration as they try to play the game the way they've always been doing it but ignoring the fact that they're in power with a friendly Congress and thus could do it. We're really going to see some remarkable absences in leadership and direction.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

logikv9 posted:

death is certain

Given how nuts this year has been I'm willing to bet that death holds a press conference to announce a long vacation.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Covok posted:

Trump will be inaugrated in January. This is reality. Accept it.

And Hillary has every chance of winning.

And Trump will never win.

My friend, 2016 isn't over yet. Don't be certain about jackshit. This year has us by the goddamn short hairs.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Yinlock posted:

ive already said multiple times that i expect this to amount to nothing

i just find it hilarious instead of being mopey about it

Not to mention Trumpy is taking it like Jill Stein just laughed at his tiny dick. Come on, at this point we're not in for four years of madness, we're in it to watch Donald Trump lose his hair due to having to work for the first time in his life and then poo poo himself as he has a heart attack during inauguration.

This whole year has been leading up to this: the ultimate destruction of Donald Trump. Enjoy the ride!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Serf posted:

lmao if you think that Trump is going to do anything but coast by holding pointless self-fellating rallies while other people do the hard work of governing, which will still probably be a disaster because have you looked at his cabinet of doom

a lot of people are going to be destroyed, but Donald Trump is not among them

Yeah, I'm sure when this thin-skinned vulgarian will take it kindly and with grace when someone asks 'so does this mean you're not in charge of your own Administration' he won't immediately fly off the handle to 'assert' his power in the eyes of everybody. This fucker just got himself in a position where he cannot win and keep his ego, and the latter is going to win. For gently caress's sakes, he's losing his poo poo over a goddamn recount. He can't help but 'fight' back regardless if it fucks him over or not.

Trump will destroy many careers, and he's going to ruin himself doing it.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

The funny thing is that his meltdown is due to his knowledge of Russian interference. The funniest thing is that it isn't but he's so shallow and weak that any loss of numbers or a state or two will result in him not being as much of a president.

The State of the Union is going to be classic. It's going to be a mishmash of bullshit nonsense with Paul Ryan not knowing when to clap and the Republicans standing and clapping at odd times when Trump hasn't finished speaking while the Democrats sit quietly and stare, knowing it's driving him crazy.

Then his wig will fall off.

shiksa posted:

Good lord he's gonna get baited by other countries so hard.

China's already started by mocking his 45% tariff bullshit.

Covok posted:

I wonder if this leads to him putting Hillary on trial out of spite.

Then Obama pardons her and Bill and gives a finger on the way out.

Dolash posted:

You're optimistic if you think this would discredit Trump in some meaningful way where he'd lose standing and influence, rather than everyone simply coming to accept that the new President deciding to prosecute their opponent based on their mood is how things work now. A few "Man how crazy is this?" articles, a few protests that get ignored or dismissed as violent sore loser riots, then the rest of the Republicans would remind us all to "give him a chance" and then we just embrace a world where Hillary's in Guantanamo because Stein hurt Trump's feelings.

No no no....the funniest thing is that the Republicans think they can control this. Kellyanne is a dimwit so she might just take the abuse until her body gives out, but keep an eye on Priebus and Ryan as they try to keep this idiot under control. Pence will just keep drinking and acting like a guy who just got interrupted from a deep nap, but Ryan and Priebus are going to age big time. Just wait until they get their 'don't take the president literally' speech on tape and it's aired across the world. poo poo. Will. Explode.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rand alPaul posted:

http://www.esquire.com/news-politics/politics/news/a50827/white-working-class-voters/

Trump has a couple months to two years to bring back all the coal jobs. :f5:

Should I laugh at a bunch of desperate hillbillies who just hosed their futures by voting in a con artist in the vain hope that they won't have to deal with the new reality they face? Nah, I'm not that cruel. I'll save that laugh for the increasingly complex excuses they give for voting Republican in 2018 and 2020 because you know it'll be funny.

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

ive been waiting a quarter of a century for this

It'll be epic when it happens. It's not going to be like he's going to just put it back on like nothing happened. Fucker is going to run off the stage like his rear end is on fire and not come back until Ivanka's staplegunned it back on.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Pook Good Mook posted:

If those states had any drat foresight they would have campaigned HARD for wind turbine/solar cell manufacturing plants to relocate to their states instead of doubling down on coal subsidies.

Would it really work? The real issue isn't that other businesses that they can work at exist, but that they want that past back where they could walk right out of eighth grade and into a job that would support you via labor or a pension right up until you and your spouse kicked off. And those days are gone forever. These people simply don't want to change. They want their life just the way they wanted it and think they can just dig in their heels and have mean ol' Washington give them back everything.

I would feel sorry for them as a Michigander I know how it feels to have a state's sole economy be around a single product that destroys everything when it goes to poo poo. But I also know that times change, capitalism marches on, and digging in your heels only results in more misery. And you can tell that these people are one quack away from going on early Social Security so they can avoid having to break their prejudices, retrain themselves, and find another way to live. They want their past back. This has nothing to do with coal outside of it being a convenient symbol for them to hang their inability to move on.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Patter Song posted:

On the contrary, decades from now Republicans will be talking about the strength Donald Trump showed abroad when he tweeted "Ecuafor is a weak country. Sad!" at Rafael Correa.

Then someone will pull our their cell phone and show them the censored version of Trump loving his daughter in the Oval Office and the conversation will attempt to go in a 'b-b-but Clinton' until the laughter causes the Trump apologist to slip out of the backdoor, leaving his bar tab unpaid.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Tomorrow: Jill Stein announces fundraiser to do a recount in more states. Offers President-Elect's accusation of 'two million fake votes' as reason. Breaks previous fundraiser efforts easily.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Fidel Castronaut posted:

People in Flint and Detroit are sick of Republicans and they are sick of Democrats because their local politicians were lovely too. It isn't like anybody said "poisoned by Snyder? Okay, cool, voting Trump." The people who were pissed about Flint stayed home because they didn't think Hillary gave a poo poo about them either.

Run better candidates and this state will go back to blue.

Michigan went to Trump by about 10k votes. Given his behavior I would hardly say you need to do much to turn Michigan blue again. That said, paying attention to the state so it's not lost again is a good idea.

etalian posted:

The whole hilarious in-fighting within the transition team seems to be something hilariously new.

You have people wanting Romney for SoS but then you have the Trump inner circle wanting crazier options like Bolton/Giuliani

Simple lack of true leadership. Trump thinks he can run the nation like that Ayn Rand-loving Sears CEO can run his business: by setting everybody against each other. And then you end up with a lot of shuttered stores and everybody laughing behind your back. Or in this case, Kellyanne Conway screaming about SoS while the president's kids telling foreign powers not to listen to the elected official of this country.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

etalian posted:

It's probably a way that Trump is very much like Hitler. Hitler enjoyed having a dysfunctional nazi bureaucracy since it always forced people to come crawling to him to resolve disputes or give opinions on lower level disagreements.

Yeah, I get the feeling Paul Ryan would see that and laugh and then go back to saying 'so, Medicare, what are we going to do with the money we got from that.' Not saying Trump couldn't be Hitler, but he's not as adept at it as the other GOP members. Hell, at this point Chuck freaking Schumer has an in with Trump considering the donations he's gotten from him.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Considering how much weight is placed on Trump's twitter, imagine if someone hacked it and started shouting out racial slurs. Half of America would take it seriously, the other half would be shocked into protesting, and Trump wouldn't deny it because that means attention.

That's within the realm of possibility now, just saying.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

blamegame posted:

how would an american civil war work in 2016? street fighting, a series of coups and a gradual but accelerating breakdown of order and society, but does that even qualify as a civil war

The sad truth is that it would be a war of attrition. Rural America is a large place but relies heavily on infrastructure to make it sustainable. The common myth is that rural America would win easily due to their training and hardiness that comes from just existing in a very isolated place. The reality? There's a lot of infrastructure that needs to be maintained in order to support rural America and all one would really need to do is cut tax spending to them and you will put up quite a bit of a barrier. Hell, try cutting off regular gasoline to these places that will isolate them just as effectively.

zegermans posted:

I used to think Kellyanne was a rational person dealing well with the insanity of Trump, but now I'm convinced she's totally Stockholm syndromed as bad as Omarosa.

Kellyanne used to defend Todd "I don't know how the vagina works" Akin. She's never been sane. Also, you can tell she's on her way out. Trump can only be led by one 'trusted' person and it seems Priebus took that over. She's going to be gone before inauguration if not sooner thanks to her sad attempts to curry favor via the news.

Trump Administration is going to be exactly like Trump Campaign: revolving door of advisors who climb up the ranks, get some time in Trump's ear, and then banished to CNN. Except in Kellyanne's case she'll probably just vanish like that weird woman with the glass eyes who hosed Ted Cruz. What's her face again?

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

Oh my god he's still retweeting people, what the gently caress.

I knew Trump would be ridiculous, but I thought the party would at least attempt to reign him in after the election. If he stays underwater for much longer he'll take the whole party down with him.

Has Ryan and McConnell come out and said anything outside of congratulations right after Election Day? I'd love to know what they're thinking they can do. Because I get the feeling this is not going to go well for the GOP.

Vertical Lime posted:

cnn guy better not be on social media for a few decades

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803423203620245504

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/803423503978532864

also maddow explaining kt mcfarland made me not happy

What gets me is how infantile Trump speaks on Twitter. I know it was funny when he was making up childish nicknames during the primary, but the humor came from a 70 year old wig-wearing psychopath thinking they were sick burns. But he really thinks he's a comedian. He's really going to chafe when dealing with people who don't have to be nice to him....I think that's the thing we're all waiting for.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Somewhere in China:

"Premier! We have an update on the Trump situation!"

"Yes?"

"He has just responded to and replied to a sixteen-year old boy!"

"Ah, so he's already trying to find peace in his country by reaching out to the youth."

"No, sir, he was easily outwitted by a random 16-year-old boy online."

"....."

"Premier?"

".....you gotta be loving kidding me, right?"

"No sir!"

"....okay, save this poo poo, we're going to make a scrapbook that future generations can look at on how we defeated the mighty USA when they elected an toupeed idiot. Spare no expense!"

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

euphronius posted:

This past two weeks have been so bad I think there may be a coup or something

This dude cannot be president

I think the real question is 'how will this go down?' Will Trump collapse under pressure? Will the Republicans hit a point where he's more a liability than an asset? Will Trump keep racking up scandals, hamstringing his presidency and slowing it to a dull crawl? Will the military start losing more and more people after realizing their lives have been handed to a sad and out-of-touch lunatic?

Honestly, I think it's going to be a case of Trump thinking he can walk away from the chair and let his team handle it, and they'll gently caress it up big time. All the in-fighting and the like are going to create chaos as the GOP tries to get things passed but alienates Democrats and some Republicans while doing so. By the time Trump tries to come back and micromanage, he'll make everything worse right up until something big happens: an attack, an ecomomic crisis, et cetera. I think when Trump has to act as president he'll fail so badly that he'll either go full blown crazy and alienate everybody in the country or permanently damage the nation as a whole. In short, I think the Republicans have to be on their loving A-game if they're going to use him as a figurehead and I don't think they're up to it.

Either way, we shouldn't be talking about Trump's reign any further than six months at this point. This is a big time in our nation's history and it's not like when Dubya hosed off and let Cheney do the hard work, this is basically new territory and we may very well see the 47th or 48th President come 2020. We're in for mad, mad times.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

orange sky posted:

Ahahahah oh my God, what in the everliving gently caress, that whole text

Every day brings more poo poo to light that makes me wonder how the Trumps can even function in society. They're all so mentally damaged that I think the way only for them to recover is to be thrown into an active volcano.

Once this Administration is over, we have got to get interviews out of the people that worked for them, because we're not even seeing the most insane poo poo.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Pollyanna posted:

:doh: So the EC is cornered by the very thing it's supposed to prevent. Awesome.

A good sign of a system that needs replacing is that various things that are supposed to work simply don't.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

I'd really like to see the odds on the Electoral College loving Trump out of the presidency. Because at this point I'm starting to wonder the rumors of the GOP making Trump the shortest reigning president (at a day to a week) to install Pence just to save their own reps is fact.

Seriously, if they don't care about the country, you would think they would care about their own bacon. Hard to grift the country when Hairpiece McIdiot is derping around because he's mentally disabled.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Okay, let's sum this up:

Jill Stein is making money and fame off of Trump, possibly to set up runs in 2018 and 2020 for the Green Party. Trump is helping her because he can't shut up and is bringing to light everything she does because he's a wig-wearing jerkoff with the smallest penis in the world.

Pizza places are getting raid by (presumably) Trump supporters who, thanks to their retardation, believed the 'code' that right-wingers made to tarnish reputations.

Nobody wants to be Secretary of State after Taiwan; Romney has ran like hell, other names are coming out every day, making this week's announcement of more cabinet picks seem unlikely or incredibly hopeful. Names are being dropped but this is masking that people may not want to be associated with Trump and to be his main apologist.

A few people on Twitter who have Obamacare are regretting their vote, and will probably not live long enough to vote against Trump.

Donald Trump's 'victory' rallies aren't coming close to being filled, meaning that people are getting sick of him even before he takes office and by calling Taiwan to get a hotel there (for a business he claims he no longer leads) has threatened relations with a country that will make all of our lives that much harder in the next few years.

Yeah, looks like everything is going fine here.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Corny posted:

death is certain

The more I look at it, it looks like America is going to get socialism a lot quicker than expected. And that's because the next four years will utterly destroy our entire way of life so effectively that the only recourse is to setup ways to take care of people before we figure out what we can do next.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

zen death robot posted:

Unless he knew Manafort was having his Kremlin ties hack campaign systems to get dirt and manipulate things. :greenangel:

zen death robot posted:

The democratic process was already compromised, the question is to what extent

One of the few people to stymie the results of the CIA findings back September is Mitch McConnell, who benefited from the Trump 'win' when his wife got a sweet job in the Administration. Not to mention that this also calls his hesitation at allowing Obama to fill a Supreme Court seat. Right now if any of this has real feet (which I think it may), we may be seeing a major scandal breaking out. And I'm not talking 'Obama isn't a citizen,' but 'Bigger than Watergate.'

Donald Trump may have just hosed himself big if there's enough proof for it. This is the kind of poo poo they don't let slide. This is literally treasonous behavior and that's still punishable by death.

Interesting times doesn't even begin to cover it. For one, I would love to see if any dug into the founders of various 'news' sites that favor Trump. I'd bet good money Alex Jones may be funded by Russians as well just to create more dischord.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

skaboomizzy posted:

Bob Corker is head of the Senate Foreign Relations committee and he got on MTP yesterday to hint that this confirmation would not be a slam dunk

Corker was also one of the finalists for SecState, so he may just be personally salty instead of principally opposed

I wouldn't mind having Congress tell Hairpiece no a few times, just to get it into his head that he's not Lord and Master of anything except having a Russian hand up his butt. Might be funny to see Trump flip out and go full tantrum only to have nobody appease him for once.

Probably won't happen, but good to think about.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

^^ I really get the feeling that it might take a whole year for the Republicans to really start losing faith in Trump. I guess I'll be waiting for them to come around on the whole 'Russia installed him to lead' bullshit in a few years like they suddenly discovered it.

blamegame posted:

"You people were vicious, violent, screaming, 'Where's the wall? We want the wall!' Screaming, 'Prison! Prison! Lock her up!' I mean you are going crazy. I mean, you were nasty and mean and vicious and you wanted to win, right?" Trump said Friday. "But now, you're mellow and you're cool and you're not nearly as vicious or violent, right? Because we won, right?"
lol

So how long will it take for them to lose their poo poo? I'm never good at judging GOP discontent as they seem to take it up the rear end for longer than most people would. Not a slam, but 2004 should have had Dubya losing and we had to wait until 2006/8 before the Republicans finally were outnumbered and bashed down.

Baloogan posted:

alas tis johnnie walker red
I am mixing it with my rapidly depleting stock of club soda
my stock of the red is rapidly depleting as well
ive put all my liquor I'm willing to drink in a basket,
my very own basket of deplorables

How much of that do you down a day? Now I'm starting to get worried about you.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

McMuffin is profoundly unideal to me as a liberal but he's a trillion times better than Trump just because he would probably at least try to govern responsibly and wouldn't for sure get us embroiled in a nihilistic forever war

The more I think about it, I really don't want a 'moderate' Republican in lieu of Trump. He's 99.9% going to get into office and I get the feeling installing a Republican who isn't a toupeed idiot would only save the GOP at this point. Yeah, Trump will probably destroy the country. Then again, I think that the more interference we give the longer it takes for the GOP voters to finally hit rock bottom. If that is even possible.

Here's to 2017. I'm sure we're going to have a weird, weird time.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

So Tom Arnold will be the latest victim of 2016?

That said, when will the tape drop? Too late to affect the election, but I really want to see Kellyanne Conway have a stroke on air due to having to defend 'retard' as a reasonable word might just be the laugh of the year.

"What, haven't you called someone a retard before? It's perfectly normal....Siamese...donut....AMC GREMLIN LORE?? A-TEAM!! SILAS MARNER LACY UNDERWATER!"

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Yinlock posted:

so what was stopping them from pushing for this before

Clinton was going to win so they could keep it going. Welcome to the Democrats of 2017: going all in with Bernie Sanders mentality as the Clintons are slowly set adrift. What Obama will do is anybody's guess as he's not really saying much.

Democrats really have nothing left to do but sit down, throw out some pie in the sky legislation, and push to the Left and scream about injustice for two years. They're now on the GOP Congressional Plan of Work, so expect more of this.

Addamere posted:

what a dumb and lazy attack, sad

Just wait until Inauguration Day. They did this so the Electoral College could be frightened into voting for Trump (despite them going to vote for Trump anyway). When Trump has his hands on the controls, that's when the real attacks will start. They won't have to wait until September to start the really hardcore stuff.

Welcome to Dubya America Part 2.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

This is how you know the meth is really kicking in: he's probably been up for twelve hours already and had to take another hit so he can keep functioning. Probably has a routine for it as well: private bathroom, checks hair with several mirrors to see if any scalp is showing, and then pop a handful of pills (no labels), straightens suit, gives himself a prep speech, and decides to go out and immediately wail on someone so the illusion of power is kept up. He's got eight good hours of energy and then he'll fade out somewhere private after seven so he can hit the depression angle of it and then collapse for four hours. Four hours of loud snoring and aimless, driftless, dreamless sleep.

I bet deep down he might start wondering why his chest is aching more and more by the day, but just plays it off as the job. He's getting ready for the job. He is ready for the job. And that left arm tingle? He'll have to yell at his tailor to fix that the next time he's home and supposed to be playing with the kid.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

logikv9 posted:

*tosses papers up* I don't fuckin even know man

What do you expect from right-wing fame whores who suddenly got their way and now nobody is paying them any attention? The real comedy is the GOP who thinks they can control these men they created with years of increasingly unhinged bullshittery.

HorseRenoir posted:

does this mean that milo is about to get ernst rohm'd

Milo is one of the few people that would be first in a Night of the Long Knives simply because he's gay. The fact that he's a right-wing ripoff artist with an ego just makes it easier for some hillbilly looking for a pizzagate to take him out.

Joementum posted:

Never paid salaries, eh? :raise:

Keep Trump talking long enough and he makes his own noose.

Rex-Goliath posted:

none of this mattered during the election why would it matter now?

At this point I think it's just a three-point attempt. Yeah, we all know he's a crook, but it's good to have the proof on it handy. Plus you know Trump is going to read it and give away more of his scam because he's about as bright as Beavis and Butthead on helium.

Vertical Lime posted:

like this week many americans have off why doesn't he relax instead of wondering why people don't like him

Because Donald Trump has the smallest dick in the history of the world. And either that's the most accurate metaphor of all time, or that will be what comes out during the midterms as Trump's ego eases him into pure loving insanity.

HorseRenoir posted:

yeah normally if this were President Pence i would say "lol nothing matters" because most GOP politicians are good at ignoring scandals, but Trump is ultra-petty about every single thing and refuses to let poo poo go or not be the center of every single story. there's not going to be one individual story that ruins him but it'll be fun watching him publicly embarrass himself being dogged by low-effort trolls for the next four years

Oh God, wait until countries start getting into this. Trump won't sleep for days because he'll be 'showing' China how real his hair really is and furthermore--

So how many scandals have there been before his presidency? Upsetting China, the Foundation, the Russian Giving Trump the Election.....

HorseRenoir posted:

the alt-right isn't obsessed with purity, they're obsessed with getting the biggest check possible and now they're stepping over each others toes for that sweet sweet trump money

And screaming and getting beet-faced when they feel their fear -- sorry, respect -- is getting trampled on.

Karl Barks posted:

maybe 2017 will be the year the alt right rips itself apart. that will be nice

I've been wondering if there's a sense of cosmic balance and 2017 is the end of the Republican Party as a whole. Just because Trump took control doesn't mean their problems are gone, and in many cases a lot of the publicity is being grabbed by Trump himself or a bunch of forty year old attention whores. I guess we'll have to wait and see, I have no idea what the gently caress is going to go down in the next few years.

Schnorkles posted:

I'd also just flatly argue that the republicans were in a slightly better position in 2004 than now and we all know how george bush's "lets privatize social security!" initiative turned out.

Oh, remember 2005 when the Republican luck machine ran out? Iraq was turning sour, Dubya claimed a mandate he didn't have, Terry Schiavo's living dead corpse was called to Congress for the Republicans to make a point, Katrina destroyed Louisiana, and gas prices started hitting $4 to $5 per GALLON. Remember the term 'Overreach?' You should, especially since most of the focus of Trump's administration has been gloating instead of preparing to govern. Interesting how a lot of people from the primary are being put into positions of power that they really don't seem to know how to do.

Interesting times, per usual.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Trogdos! posted:

watch out, city of peace prosperity and freedom

Trump's got a big knife and he's coming to gently caress you up

I like how, despite the idolatry, ol' Ben can't get over Trump's hair and tries to make it long and flowing. In fact, it brings up Trump's hair to begin with, which really looks lovely even for a combover because it has that mullet quality to it that is needed so it can be brought to the front.

Also, is it a joke that Trump's main goal seems to be Oz?

Either way, someone should save all of these, because when the world goes to poo poo in 2017 these will have never had existed. We're going to see some amazing logical leaps in the next few years from these stupid motherfuckers.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Good Citizen posted:

Oh yeah. Putin is definitely the dog that caught the car here. He wanted to make life harder for Clinton, not necessarily out Trump in power. It was pretty clear before the election that much of the Russian power structure viewed trump as too erratic to be actually useful

The way Obama is talking, I'd be surprised Putin doesn't get assassinated in the near future. Regime change for a regime change.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Nichael posted:

Where on the nothingburger scale is Tom Arnold's heroic quest to dethrone Herr Trump? From that one right wing pundit promising to release secret videos every night in the last few weeks of election to pussy grabbing?

I do legitimately think that there's a video of Donald saying the n-word, and probably much worse out there, but I don't know if we'll ever see it.

Let's put it this way: exactly how would Tom Arnold know the IP address of all of this footage being stored?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Baloogan posted:

trump would lose my support if he bashed farscape season 3

Lies!

That said, what's your current alcohol supply? No vodka, but what else do you have on hand?

• Locked thread