Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Furnaceface posted:

When do you graduate highschool anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Chelb posted:

i've been on a real jazmine sullivan kick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7QXH_WaoIc

if u can't dance to this song then i weep for your diseased soul

:yayclod:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

tomorrow i'm making it my goal to find and eat a hamburger

:burger:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

kustomkarkommando posted:

sounds like someone who's written their fair share of angry letters for the airzonan popular liberation front

:sun:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Mustached Demon posted:

Phoenix and the surrounding areas are basically one big monument to man's hubris.

I know isnt it great

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Chelb posted:

i found myself trawling wikipedia for 19th century paintings for some reason, so here's some stuff i'm not too familiar with but think is cool

The Gulf Stream, Winslow Homer

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Avshalom posted:

well we're all winning

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Hollismason posted:

I regularly cleaned my shelter dogs teeth but then this also led to her eating our toothbrushes because she liked it so much

:3:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Octatonic posted:

it has been several pages time since we were talking about about whether this thread was funny and it's been a long time since i posted in it, but i would drat each and every one of you to these forums eternally just to give Avshalom a place to say things

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Chelb posted:

i don't care much for early morning classes, but at least i don't have to do anything other than listen to a relaxed canadian talk about cultural relativism

:yayclod::coffee:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Tiler Kiwi posted:

no crew lasts forever
:nitecrew:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Avshalom posted:

counting down the hours until the facebook lady messages me and i get to go collect my three brand new keets!

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

NEW YORK (AP) posted:

A mysterious Skittles spill on a rural highway in Wisconsin is taking another twist, with Mars Inc. saying it doesn't know why the discarded candy might have been headed to become cattle feed.

The case began when a Wisconsin sheriff posted on Facebook this week that "hundreds of thousands of Skittles" had been found spilled on a highway. Only red Skittles had spilled out, and Dodge County Sheriff Dale Schmidt joked in the post that it would be difficult to "Taste the Rainbow" in its entirety. The incident gained attention after CNN wrote about it, citing a report from a local affiliate.

Schmidt said one of his deputies came across the spill and sent him photos, which he posted on Facebook. He said the Skittles spilled from a box that started to disintegrate in the rain, and about half of them got out. The Skittles on the ground did not have the standard letter "S'' on them, he said. The sheriff said he spoke with the farmer, but declined to immediately give the farmer's name and did not respond when asked by email how the office connected the Skittles with the farmer.

Mars spokeswoman Denise Young said the Skittles were supposed to be destroyed because a power outage prevented the signature "S'' from being placed on the candies. She said Mars planned to contact the sheriff's office and the farmer to find out more.

A variety of food byproducts are commonly used for animal feed, and Mars says it has procedures for discarding foods for that purpose. However, the company says the Skittles in question came from a factory that doesn't sell unused products for feed. "We don't know how it ended up as it did and we are investigating," Mars said.

Linda Kurtz, a corporate environmental manager at Mars, said the company sells unused candies and ingredients to processors that incorporate them with other materials to make animal feed. She said Mars does not sell directly to farmers, and its procedures follow Food and Drug Administration regulations. Kurtz said Mars determined the spilled Skittles came from its plant in Yorkville, Illinois, which does not sell products for animal feed. The other U.S. plant that makes Skittles, in Waco, Texas, sells to a local processor that melts them down into syrup.

Josh Cribbs, a cattle nutritionist and director of commercial development for the American Maine-Anjou Association, which promotes a particular cattle breed, said that the food byproducts that get used for cattle feed vary depending on what's available in the region and particular time of year. Cribbs said specific byproducts would be mixed with other ingredients to achieve a particular nutritional profile.

"You might think, 'Oh my gosh, they might be eating a Skittle.' In reality, that piece of candy is being broken down," he said.

treasured8elief fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jan 21, 2017

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Yeah, it was really brave to sucker-punch that neo-nazi while he was distracted and then running away.

If SFT was here, she'd say 'I'd have literally torn his dick off.'

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Murrah posted:

That punch was literally the best kind of instrumental suppressive violence.

Just as he is about to speak to media, completely interrupts/overrides him speaking his views, has a clear connection to others who might speak up the same views and get the same.

Chelb posted:

sort of off topic, but whenever it comes to PoC i don't ever want to criticize them for not comporting themselves like MLK or Gandhi or something. There's an argument to be made that non-violent resistance has been (not sure what word to use here) pedestalized, whitewashed, and rendered vague so as to be seen as the only effective form of protest, and i myself should not be the one telling a black person how to properly react to bigotry

stone cold posted:

:agreed: , and even when people do do nonviolent protests like kap, white America loses their goddamn minds
I dont think these can be said enough. Also, a big point for me is he's not like disagreeing about a local tax policy or something, he's an open white supremacist who was actively working to spread his views.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Tiler Kiwi posted:

i think you are better than richard spencer

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Chelb posted:

hawaiian pizzas... are bad

and deffo should not be called hawaiian pizzas i m o

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

cinci zoo sniper posted:

oahahhaha what the gently caress :wtc: "on may 4 around latvia's 43 border municipalities as a part of "hug latvia" drive a "spiritual" ward will be formed, i.e. oaks will be planted to encompass the entire country"

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Rodatose posted:

superbowl is a tie. nobody wins
:confuoot:

Avshalom posted:

this chick's name is aureliano rano but mum and i have started calling him grace jones
:coal:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Bacon is the worst meme

Its gross to have too often

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i think i'm actually getting old. i had a donut and coffee for breakfast instead of my usual toast and tea and the extra sugar and caffeine are making me feel physically unpleasant. a single cake donut with chocolate frosting has defeated me

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

that doesn't sound like a fun fact

:(

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

RODNEY THE RACEHOR posted:

they now jump up and down and squeak frantically every time they see me because i've been hand-feeding them mealworms and am finally worthy of being their mother

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

MY SHEEP GAVE BIRTH

TWIN LAMBS

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Rodatose posted:

more like :yayclod: :yayclod:
:yayclod: :yayclod:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

here are some healthy thriving babies who know nothing about politics

their names are jasper and jabberwocky

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Majorian posted:

Yyyyyup.

I'm pleased that none of them Dems broke for him though. It doesn't change the outcome, but hopefully it shows that they're afraid of their constituents.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

kustomkarkommando posted:

Ireland is up in arms about whether we should give Trump a bowl of shamrocks.

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Chelb posted:

coffee
coffee
coffee
coffee
COFFEE

:yayclod::coffee:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Furnaceface posted:

Im the last one in the pharmacy to get sick. It feels like one of those aliens from Alien is trying to burst out of my chest every time I cough right now. I never should have bragged about never missing a day in 3 years. :smithicide:

:rip:

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Cease to Hope posted:

buckets have many uses, sc

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

:ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Last paragraph is key

I think so too. I feel like they'll try to wash their hands of responsibility for whats happening when Trump is through. Without quickly tying Republicans to everything just as firmly as Trump is they'll prob succeed on blaming him for the worst aspects :(

• Locked thread