Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

It seems like they fixed save scumming, or else they really just hate me and the fact that with Fenrir's CoD I was about to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I can't clear Maxwell with Mylan or Fenrir, does anyone else have a better unit? This is sad. :negative:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So my new favorite thing about this Maxwell fight is with good friend units I can come so close to doing it. Only Lenna is my only real healer, and I have had exactly 0 runs where Lenna isn't focused down by meteor. And if I revive her, she also then catches the Revival next round too. I'm 10 attempts of this deep and the pattern hasn't changed and save scumming doesn't change the targeting. This is a well designed fight and I'm totally enjoying it and certain of why I'm bothering.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

hey girl you up posted:

Do upgrade pots persist after an awakening, or should I sit on them till I have 6* dudes?

I assumed this was the case, then realized it would be such a dick move to have them reset that now I'm concerned about burning pots on my new Exdeath :ohdear:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Chen Kenichi posted:

They made the event even worse by including it in the daily quests. Oh btw did I mention that bonus gears and clear reward gears do NOT go toward the 200 gears you need to collect?

I mean, they can't make it TOO easy, that's FIVE lapis

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So uh, either the amount of stat pots you can apply increases when you awaken a unit, it it resets them to zero. Hooray.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Captaindirtnap posted:

drat you. I'm going to go do that now and be disappointed.

Edit: Another Bartz. Could be worse.

Can confirm the method is indeed foolproof and I totally didn't get Penelowned

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

God drat peer pressure, I did it to and got

a shantoto.

Always a welcome pull.

Surely my luck will eventually turn and I'll get a good pull one day, right? :suicide:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

dangerous.hotdog posted:

gently caress it, I'm going to blow a ticket too.

4* Penelo. gently caress you guys.

:smithicide::hf::eng99:

Welcome to the Penelowned club bro

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Blowing these 3 free tickets on the Rare banner, let's go!

Gold Tellah(#2)
Gold Luna(#8 or 9)
Blue Freya(#3) I pulled my first one a couple days ago and already pulled a second one today. It's crazy how you can randomly luck into the same unit, multiple times, months after their banner on what should have been a common unit.

Edge, Zidane, and Rosa. Hmm.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Tagichatn posted:

I've never seen or even heard of Cerius until this announcement. Medius looks cool, what are the odds he gets innate DW? His sprite has two guns.

So does Sazh and look where that got him

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

Well I tried Nox and had the exact same problem I had with memu. I try to start it up, it gets to 99%, and just stops there. The only difference is after a couple of minutes, Nox puts up a little window that says "Hey startup failed!"

So yep. Guess it's impossible for me to macro. I'm stuck purely with Trust Moogles and manual grind. :( I'm never going to have any guys worth a poo poo.

If you have Avast you have to disable virtualization for Avast or else it will do this every time forever

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

quote:

It's me, I'm the trash that pulls a Noctis on a daily pull

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Jesus loving christ, has anyone else had time to look at the actual rank rewards? 5* trust moogle that gives 10% to "all units" (so I guess a full team?) and 10k lapis for first place.

Why bother looking at the rank rewards if you weren't planning on spending thousands of dollars on a cellphone game?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

The hardest part of this event so far is clearing the second stage of it (because the game is coded like poo poo and it constantly crashes after killing the green witch)

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Scrublord Prime posted:

I have seen zero this entire event. gently caress the rng

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Go RV! posted:

Never merge the monkeys.

Unless you already have five dual wields.

I have a second monkey boy and a trust moogle, but I also have a Noctis that is only a shameful 500 some attack with dual wield.

I'm tempted to burn the moogle on Excalibur or the Safiwhateverwhatever katana to make my Noctis less garbage and realize maybe I should start TM macros. What's the go-to macro for Memu if I'm not going to use lapis?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Well, I set up a macro, copied in all their values, and it doesn't seem to, uh run. I'm definitely doing something wrong.

e: I changed the size of the app per the instructions but the 1280x720 didn't save even though the dpi change did :negative:

WebDO fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 27, 2017

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Armitage posted:

Wowza, the Great Nian Beast may be the hardest content I've had to face so far. ELT doesn't seem beatable even with a friend Noctis with over 800 atk and I barely scratched out a victory earlier on Pro.

It's not like they've been hiding that most of the content is balanced around the assumption you're spending hundreds of dollars on the game

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

hamburgers in pockets posted:

We're never getting Orlandu, are we?

Thread title material

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Oh hey did you know? If you are lucky enough to have a 6 star composition that can barely scrape by each boss to the final one on the end of this event with a whale goon friend Noctis it doesn't even matter because the boss has an instant kill move that takes two of your units out of the fight and naturally it's going to take out the whale friend and your only unit with full revive.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

HGH posted:

Holy poo poo, that sucks. Apparently it only triggers on magic which is why I never saw it.

Also I just got 20 Rabites in 5 runs, what is happening today?

That would have been fine if it killed my magic users instead of Noctis, I had him one attack from dead. Womp womp I'm excited to see future events further balanced to full whales.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Nuebot posted:

But +15% attack is the best most people will have unless they've gotten chizaru, maxwell or some other select TMs? They're already doing it.

Really it's the same with the arena, the people that pay to refresh are the ones that get the best rewards (which they don't need), they also tend to be the all Noctis teams

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I get why they do limited units from a profit perspective, but man would it be great if they did weekends or something where they brought them back.

And a rolling gacha.

No, I'm not at all bummed that I'll never get Dirty Randi.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

McSpankWich posted:

I think the SoM characters are permanently in the gacha. I could be wrong though.

Welp, now I need to get a just in case full moon slash

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

McSpankWich posted:

Just a psa that all current content is still beatable with no TMs or 5 star bases.

*Story content that does not, as a general rule, contain best in slot rewards, leveling/awakening/esper materials, or trust moogles.

So yes, if you want to just finish the story and don't care about anything outside of story mode you technically don't need 5 star units or trust mastery rewards.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

CyberLord XP posted:

You can literally do anything in this game with a decent team and a buff whale friend.

It's almost like you're saying a five star base and TMs are mandatory to do anything challenging outside of story mode

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So I have the Furion, the Chizuru, the Bartz, and the CoDfish. (Also Noctis)

Naturally all my best stuff (basically dual wield) is on Noctis. Of the others, which should I be trying to turn into my secondary DPS?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

If you've got 2 Lockes, get two rising suns and get CoD maxed. He's so versatile with comeback and Omniveil.

No Lockes, go cheese whiz.

I have two Lockes, but my priority when I start macros again is still joining the 800 club with Noctis if I eventually can so I can finally also help out goons

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

quote:

Bonus to friend stats based on usage

I've been thinking it would be cool and good if you got a chance at TM increases if your friend unit got used but I'd also be OK with actual stat pot like boosts. Is that what this is in JP?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So I burned all my lapis trying to get Dirty Randy. I crushed a few levels today so I can do a half price pull. My Thundaga Blade grind is now up to 65%.

Gacha is the devil.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So it got lost in the conversation, do any JP players know what they meant about bonus friend stats based on usage in the update discussion they had recently?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Fiss posted:

This is the friend unit bonus system that JP currently has. I assume ours will be the same.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/friendlevel

Do the bonuses apply only to your leader unit, or your whole crew? It seems if just the leader, they could become amazingly stronger; if only the leader though why even have an XP bonus?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I don't even know what gumi is waiting for with the ffix characters. They are still stuck at 5* with and pretty poo poo all around even as 5*

The most disappointing thing is every time I look at Zidane (or any character drawn as dual wielding) and there isn't an innate dual wield.

It might take him from trash can after TM obtained to usable.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

The best thing to come out of my 11 pull is 4* Leon and literally everything else got fused into existing garbage tier units. My envy of the rest of you is real.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I just want a new good unit. Instead I get a third Zidane on the 1/2 price.

Someone fund a macro fest for me so I can give you all the Noctis you deserve.

On a legitimate note, is anyone else having way more crashes after the update?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

Also friendly reminder for the rare mob that Steal is a friend unit materia so it shouldn't be too hard to grind out 2-3 of them for your best guys if you haven't already done so.

Can't you also just kill it? It looked like from the update thing that that would give you more unless I misread it.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So I've managed to get what, five tickets and probably my last ten half off pulls and literally nothing off a banner. I don't even. But I guess a third Cecil and Miyuki would be OK consolation prizes if I had the lapis to TM grind.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Hello Noctis my old friend...I've come to lose to you again...

I beat that guy. He has at least one copy of the Noctis ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Every one of these events reminds me that it would be really great if you could upgrade the unit bonus by awakening event characters and might make people more likely to try out/improve event units.

It's a really good, obvious idea that would make the grind less bad though so it will never happen I guess.

• Locked thread