Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Varance posted:

I'm actually enjoying this event. Ling, Ace and Nine are capable of trioing ELT, so I just bring whatever gets me the most phantoma in the other three slots. Getting nearly 1000 per ELT run without praying for Rabites is a quality of life improvement over the Mana event. The overall cost of items is lower as well, so I'll probably have time to clear out the awakening mats for Warrior of Light and Garland's 6* upgrades in a week or two.

Meanwhile some of us can't get the event units from the banner because the gacha taketh, and the gacha taketh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Varance posted:

I'm going to have him do an 11 for me. I expect Bedile x10 and another Delita. Maybe a Shadow, too.

Can you legitimately ask why all currently released FFVI characters are garbage and follow up with will they ever be good in the future?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Mile'ionaha posted:

Besides Esper Terra. She's the only one who breaks 90.

Currently released in global I mean, I know there had been talk that esper Terra was not bad but we also don't have her.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Celes not having a 6* awakening is loving criminal.

That you can't suplex trains and bum rush everything to death is the real crime.

That the one knight who's name escapes me because he's terrible is also bad in this game is canonical.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

Sherowned is the new Bediled.

Shadowned hasn't gone away

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

RottenK posted:

Do I have a chance to get Thancred or a few if I'm a new player still in chapter 1? I want to rebuild my record keeper boy band. Not that I can, only two of the characters are even in this game right now, but still, gotta start.

I've smashed at least 20 together so far so I'd say odds are good

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I don't understand my RNG luck. For the past three King Mog events I can't roll even the three star bonus units and I'm still getting Sazh'ed. Please send help. I know I won't get Orlandu, I just want the grind to not be a nightmare :negative:

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

HGH posted:

Yeah, if I may:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3TDK4G9Drs

I think that's over 1000$ in pulls. Quickly made back in Twitch donations as someone dropped a 500$ donation.

How do I get stupid people to give me money to play videogames on my phone?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So while my on banner luck remains below statistically predicted, I finally drew Yshtola off the Ifrit banner and had enough moogles exactly to TM her. Neat I guess but come on Gumi, let me get event bonus characters.

Is there a compelling reason for multiples of the FFIV gold unit?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Dana Crysalis posted:

Christ, is there anyone left in this thread who has BAD luck on pulls?

Hi, I'm the guy that can't pull on banner units for the past three bonus unit events

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cartoon Man posted:

I can put back Lil Miss Kaboom.

Don't. We poors need friend Xons and my list had like 3

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Thanks Dana for the new katana. Almost had Bushido but Shitstola died just before 30%. Oh well, to the whales go the good rewards I guess.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

When is reordering abilities coming?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

hagie posted:

FIghting in the Arena gets me kind of depressed.

I feel like I am the only one without a Noctis.

Hi I have a Noctis, it's pretty much only good for arena and that isn't as important as trials for which seemingly every other 5* is better for so there's that

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

1/2 price pull.

Gold.

Shine.

Off banner curse lives on.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Kheldarn posted:

Noct is sitting at 46. I just mined for enough Fish to get the last few materials I need to 6* him. Now I just need to mine fish for Cactuars to get him to 80.

*100 after that

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

They really need to make it so awakening your bonus units increases their bonus to some degree.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Would that be a net gain in currency though? Like, you'd have to spend all the limited awakening materials on awakening those lovely bonus units and you're left with the 560 currency materials if you want to stock up.

3->4 and 4->5 don't cost limited anything. And if they went to 60-65% and 85-90% it would be a decent boost. Plus, you know, encourage you to level up and try out the event units.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Scrublord Prime posted:

I want to level Setzer up but sacred crystals :argh:

Not empty quoting

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Five Phoenix Downs, several chocolates, a full compliment of turbo ethers, and Chizuru providing minimal damage but precious crystals later and I got a full clear on Kefka on my third attempt. Thank god for void vessels. But now who gets the robe?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Echophonic posted:

Counterpoint: I pulled a Shadow today.

I'm back in after quitting for a bit, since there was an FF6 event. Got myself a Trance Terra and fished up enough stuff to get her, Cecil, Terra, and Firion to 6*. Had I known I was going to get a Trance Terra, I'd have done Kefka, but I'll do him next time.

What should I be doing? Mostly just work my way through the story to get better gear? I'm still on the first island, story-wise.

I got Bediled today and heavily considered uninstalling. What a system, the gacha.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So uh

Trying to unlock Titan I got through the exploration to unlock the new city. I clicked on the city and the game crashed. Now my game crashes on load. Is this a known problem?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

I anticipate 10 blues, all with -aga TMs.

1/3 Shadow, 1/3 Bedile, 1/3 Duane. The tenth will be Bedile no matter what.

There, 100% predictive algorithm for anyone wondering "will I get a good unit for free?"

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

FEMALE BEDILE!

Shedile

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So my 100% algorithm was slightly off. I somehow got the terrible mage from last banner. RIP.

Also regarding raid rewards: sure, getting a Gungnir TM from the raid will be nice but boy you guys aren't being subtle at all about trying to get people to buy more slots...

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I just finished cooking a second dual wield. Chizuru, Firion, or someone else if I have no TM weapons and no good 5 star base characters other than my Noctis?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Ratmtattat posted:

ToonMan, I love your Marie. She's gotten me so close to beating the new trial. I can reliably get to the point where the rear end in a top hat dragon Megaflares every two or three turns and it's game over for me. Maybe I'll get lucky and manage to damage the stupid thing enough to make it stop loving me over.

Meanwhile I tried to use his Marie and despite buffing spirit, using the resist all, and trying to defend everyone took almost 6k damage except my Yshtola who took 10k. Good fight would play again.

Hopefully someone makes a solo capable character or finds an exploit because this is dumb.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Tengames posted:

did my free pull and got a golbez.

It makes me sad that Golbez is such a garbage tier character. Speaking of FFIV characters that will be disappointing, FuSoYa is coming when?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

Free pull today: Sabin, who is potentially even more useless than Shadow as FF6 characters go in this game!

At this point the only way to salvage Sabin is to give him Bumrush as a normal attack and make his limit be suplexing a train into The enemy team but Gumi hates cool characters so

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

arisu posted:

Got ExDeath this morning on my daily half.

Might not be much to most of you guys, but it's actually my first (non Arianna) decent mage so I'm kind of stoked. Finally someone to use in Arenas against dodge assholes.

I have a stable of five trees for when I decide to level them all up and hit a team with 10x meteor every turn

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

What is your Arena team?

How far along in the single player are you?

For a while I used a character with Dual Wield and Barrage with the Golem Staff, but now I chain Ultimas with Trance Terra and Dark Fina, with Ling inflicting status effects or breaking.

You could get a similar result with the aforementioned Golem Staff strategy and some mages to chain -aga spells. You'll hit the damage cap pretty quickly. This is also the strategy I used to clear the Colosseum before I had any overpowered units.

As long as you go first, you should be fine.

Same.

I wish the raid Gacha had a chance for actual units and not just Trust Moogles...

Also converting unit specific moogles to regular, good moogles comes when?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

fullTimeLurker posted:

So my inventory filled up earlier, so I had to go and see what was taking up so much space. Turns out I have over 300k raid coins and I don't want to spend them because I know I'll get a million trust moogles that I won't be able to throw away, since the second I do I"ll pull a banner unit.

Trick the system by throwing away one of the TM moogles for the unit you want. Results guaranteed to disappoint

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This is an incredibly poo poo banner for an incredibly poo poo event

Gumi for the love of Christ please up the phantoma rate on the second week. It feels like the last time they did that was with the second lightning banner.

I'm sad that when they lazily cut and pasted the doublicorn sprite they didn't also cut and paste it's bonus currency

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

I didn't realize the lightning resist and brother a friend olive to get the limit break kill, only to have her lb just so almost nothing. Did most of the damage with Noctis and then the mortar finished it off and somehow gave me the lb kill anyways. Was weird.

On that note, however, I'm pretty happy with how my Noctis is coming along. High 600s atk, does a good amount of damage now, particularly if I have minfilia to buff. Will never be equal to one of the really good damage dealers, but still nice.

They really ought to give Noctis his full JP powers at this point since Cid came out and they got all that cash raked in.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

hamburgers in pockets posted:

Says you're at capacity. :(

Also, is there some kind of whale war going on with the raid event? Suddenly Bahamut's jumped up to level 29 when we were never able to get him passed 25.

Well whatever it is just hosed me good. I was almost under 30k this morning and am now at 45k despite doing my usual ring. So much for getting good rewards.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

If bots are flooding in they're going to pause the rewards to purge them all. They've done the same thing for years with Frontier Hunter in Brave Frontier.

e: I went from 10.5k to 38k in placement due to this. :eyepop:

Honestly though they should take the rankings for each reward tier, multiply by 1000, and make that be the way they pay out anyhow

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

FFBE: Fenrir stole your pull

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

I actually hope every future raid has the bot thing happen so it's easy to get all of the currency rewards, let Gumi sort out the rankings later

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

They just sent out a big warning about using bots a week or so ago. Gumi might work the gatcha, or overprice their content to trap whales, and require ridiculous amounts of grinding for certain aspect of the game, but when it comes to compensation they usually go over what they need to do.

This bot fiasco is obvious and it will reward everyone with at least some summon tickets/lapis on top of whatever you get it if they actually fix the rankings.

I'll reiterate this, and also my hope that this happens every raid event going forward

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So now that they are making a 6* capable MagiTek armor, what do you think the odds are they'll make MagiTek Terrable a unit that's usable?

(Don't answer, I know already)

• Locked thread