Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Ol Cactus Dick posted:

Think of how much drama he could have avoided if he had someone to say "holy poo poo chris, wtf is this insane poo poo? do NOT post this anywhere." and if he wasn't to far up his own rear end to take this advice.

And he allegedly spent 8 hours composing this pile of nonsense.
The labor of SomethingJones transcriptions in total could hardly have consumed more than 8 hours, and that was an arduous effort. Chris expressing himself, whether positive or due to frustration, should not be like removing impacted teeth. The man is emotionally bankrupt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

grimcreaper posted:

So.. when does the spam shitposting begin to get this thread to 6666 as fast as possible? Are we gonna be spamming the stimperial text repeatedly or are we gonna do something classy like the atv transcripts over and over?

With SomethingJones in absence we can only do one thing.

Free TopHat.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Beexoffel posted:

Just when I wanted to post on quads, thread gets rebooted.

Also, I'm almost 300 pages behind.
Last time I caught up, over a month ago, I managed to stay with it for about two days.
What I get from Derek's forum and twitter, almost nothing happened to SC. So what are we posting about these past 250 pages?

The last 500 years

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Madcosby posted:

Holy poo poo the new thread has ship specs

Hahahha

So does Ben.

Ben is fat.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Maybe Pre-Alpha Mental Illness 1.0 has been refactored.
If this is the first iteration of Mental Illness 2.0 the good times have just begun.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Has anyone said Quim Citizen?

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Was the predicted Dildo ship revealed?

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

The Dildo is more than 2 km long and will be modelled in intricate detail.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Tokamak posted:

I can't get over how many citizens are saying that SM is a good FPS. I'm not a huge FPS player, but I have played CS, Quake 3, Halo 2, etc. and still play the occasional single player FPS like Wolfenstein and Doom. It's pretty clear even from video that it is nowhere near any popular game.

It plays like a FFA arena shooter with no consideration given to weapon balance or 'moment to moment' strategic decision making and flow. If you don't ignore the networking or that there is never going to be 'high level play' due to no ranked/private matchmaking, it's trash tier.

To me this affirms the idea that citizens are not gamers. The comments are so polarized and absent objective ideas about actual mechanics or anything gamers speak about. This is all so Chris v Derek and ED v SC, it can't even be taken seriously because there is nothing in their messages that express an understanding of what makes a game good. We've all played through crap games because a single element or mechanic was innovative or cool. Rarely is a game the full on Bees Knees, and as a result we as gamers are able to communicate what we like, what we are annoyed by, and how one can overshadow the other. These guys though, they can't even talk about Overwatch in any serious sense, all they have can say is that it's bad, not even why. I imagine most of these people saw an Overwatch trailer and thought "nope, that's kids stuff. I'm happy to wait for the real game that Chris is making for me". I just can't believe these self proclaimed gamers literally can't speak about games, to them waiting for Chris is the game, and Derek was built as the enemy.

Overwatch is good and fun, I would be happy to elaborate on this point but here I feel like it goes without saying.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Phi230 posted:

Im turned off by Overwatch because of its childish aesthetic

Its like one of...those games with the community that likes to pretend theyre playing sports

This is truth. But it is still a good game.
Gamers seem to not pretend so much though, gamers game. Citizens pretend gaming is something else and it is utterly sad. Most gamers will also engage in sports, life, love, loss, hair removal etc. Those that pretend something during gaming times are just sad, not sad gamers, just sad.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Kosumo posted:

You are Derek Smart; What would you do?

You are driving down I95 highway in your Tesla when you round a corner to find a truck that was moving old tires as roll over and the tires have all caught on fire.

Do you -

A - Get out of your car and proceed to doxx the driver, the drivers family, the drivers family's dog and the dog that that dog plays with in the park.

B - Send out a tweet about now this tyre fire will never work and it's impossible.

C - Proceed to get out and approach that fire with your fire extinguisher but stop and tell everyone you can't yet use it until you have heard back from legal .

D - Let it fucken finish.

E - Don't order pizza.

F - Yell "This is 100% garrantied to end in legal action"

G - Hop out of your car but as one of the many alts you use and then tell everyone how right Derek is.

H - Compare the tyre fire unfavorable to Line of Defence

I - Start a Warband.

J - Refure anyone that will listen, that this was all already in your July Blog post.

K - Don't care about it at all cos it has nothing to do with Star Citizen and Chris Roberts.

L - Have your Tesla transform in to a Derekbot and destroy the fire with long winded 'points' and 'logic'.

This 'You are Derek Smart; What would you do?' Is made possible by your catte tax. Always pay your catte tax - helping make the BDDSSE.

Thank you.

N - Add the fire to he ignore list

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

TheAgent posted:

welcome to layofftown lol

Is that where the lumberyard is?

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

ewe2 posted:

I have better shops than boss therefore I know more about game development than DS, checkmate goonies :smuggo:

Too bad that without his cited and criticized method he would never get to see a bomber jacket.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Yo, don't doxx me bro.

Fear not bread friend, itt cunts are sucked, not doxxed.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

I smoked Star Citizen for a month one night

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I just found out the new "season" of Sherlock is out, go watch it

Sorry to say but it's terrible. Sickening and heartbreaking.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Hum.

See what I said about the other actor who already was asked. Chances are it was fun, if awkward and strange because of the weird contraptions she had to wear, and the balls everywhere. Got to have balls in there if you want to talk periods and ovulation.

But really, I'd say her experience was "ok", just strange because she's not used to motion capture. Chris probably didn't need to get the real actors for that part, but his money and vanity demanded it. Chances are it was all useless and now he's redoing it all with lesser paid motion capture stunt performers, and using what actor voice acting he can, like how most companies tend to do this.

I'm sure there's stories, but I doubt this is the glaring horror that people want it to be. I think all the stories will range from "had fun!" to "it was ok" but nothing atrocious. :3:

I think you need more hand-waving when theory-crafting.
Coke helps.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Has Lethality doomed this with a tweet yet?
https://www.starcontrol.com

If not, old fuckers rejoice.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Makes you think.

But do you have the required equipment?

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Am I wrong to assume Bens wrath is an odor?

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Hands on Taint and Scrote?

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

They did something nice and they didn't have to. There's plenty of reasons to give CIG poo poo, but this isn't one of them.

I really don't think anyone is giving them poo poo for this action. I imagine anyone asked (and everyone itt) would offer the sick kid the same gracious charity. CIG isn't wrong at all in this matter, they simply did what every other person would do. At the point we praise them for actions that could reasonably be presumed to be a default response from anyone else we might as well praise Ben for properly "using" the Austin bathroom.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Lladre posted:

^
This guy gets it.

I will see a doctor to get rid of it.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Bens that

tax:

EmesiS fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Mar 3, 2017

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

You know what it takes to sell jpgs?!

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

I see Dave Haddock and all I imagine is the FuzzyModem mentor.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Space Crabs posted:

i would say it was a bad joke but this is the guy that went twitter rambo on random CIG workers soooooooooooo

Define Twitter Rambo

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

ManofManyAliases posted:

Leave Ben alone = (

Ben is a hateful piece of human garbage. All of our shortcomings are indicators to a path of correction, as long as he continues his current path he is deserving of any and all reflexive malice he receives.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Let us remember that FAU originally vendetta banned the good doctor without knowing who Deloria (whatever his name is) was. It may seem like petty move but it may be he was too blinded by benevolence and virtue, such that he gave no concern to the alleged victim he righteously defended.

Maybe it's because he's a twat.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

My name is Matt. Have a nice day.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Why do you ask this person to doxx?

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Goobs posted:

one of beet's creations...tire baby?

The creator makes his own image

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

beep_boop posted:

His name was Derek Smart

+42

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Kellanved posted:

That thread is p bitter.

I've come to see that, among the citizens, even their bitterness is apathetic. These people need cocaine.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

TheAgent posted:

I went from owing the IRS $16,000 in 2015 to getting back $7.5k this year

taxes are weird

This is my story too. Are you me? Am I you? Are we two parps of the same parp?

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

Croberts has vision, not a vision.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

Why is there wind on this rock?

You see, this affirms the theory that Amazons newly released particle effect technology was actually innovated by CIG.

To me, as an uninformed non-game deleloper, it appears that CIG is capturing the credit for Amazons tech announcement without saying a word, letting the narrative be crafted as if from loving /r/writingprompts. To me it appears like a parasitic attack stratagy, but what do I know about game development.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

DarkRefreshment posted:

Better arguments were had with my wife when I told her I was spending $800 bucks on a face brick. I was desperate enough to use the line... "It will help with your golf swing"

Is she a hooker?

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

90 gays, 2 weak tops

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

I have a Miele vacuum. If you buy a Miele vacuum my Miele vacuum will be better. If you buy a Dyson you will harm my Miele vacuum.