Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
This poor guy cannot get a break can he? :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

The Cursed Blood continues!

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

PurpleXVI posted:

Jesus, even having a non-insane sultan doesn't limit the number of fights that the Jizrunids get into. :v:

I dare say being sane could easily result in more fights, just ones directed at the Catholics rather than at his own vassals :v:

I like that the RNG finally decided to give you a ruler with traits which let you RP them as not a complete rear end in a top hat

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Honestly having Napoli as an exclave makes me more annoyed than any of the other OCD map issues :v:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

ninjahedgehog posted:

Pssh, Iberian kingdoms having southern Italian holdings is a time-honored tradition.

No I mean he has just Napoli, then some random duke, then more provinces to the south.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Azerbaijan :allears:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

C
B
B
B
A

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I like how Bavaria appears to be giving Austria a friendly hug :)

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Hashim posted:

I modded it in as a unique Andalusi ability before starting the campaign, but in practice it's a lot more powerful than I thought it'd be. I've already lowered it to 5% for the next update, still pretty good, but not godly.

Unique age bonuses are supposed to be kind of broken but it's your mod, do what you like! Admittedly, the most discipline you can get from a single source in the normal game is 7.5% IIRC, but 5% is a fairly standard bonus. You can get well over 140% in vanilla from stacking poo poo up.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

gently caress FRANCE DO IT NOW :getin:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I don't participate in these things because Crete removed an entire lifetime of desire to argue with goons over imaginary politics, but y'all need a good dictatorship right now.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Snipee posted:

We have talked about this several times over the lifetime of this thread, but this LP has been astonishingly sane compared to the madness that was Crete.

Was more just referring to the comically schizophrenic legislation that got passed, if a monarch wanted to justify removing the Majils for being an ineffectual waste of time it would seem like an appropriate time to do so :v:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

You don't get stab hit for defensive CTAs.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cerebral Bore posted:

Aw jeez. While I get that this should be a huge crisis, I still feel like Hashim might have cranked up the intensity of those rebellions a bit much.

My main issue is that there weren't any events where anything good happened it was just "so hey more nobles decided to throw their troops into this rediculous meat grinder of a civil war which they have apparently been watching for years while somehow not getting involved at all previously" which sort of stopped being believable after the 2nd or 3rd time it happened.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Technowolf posted:

It may have been Naval Combat Width loving Hashim over.

He had 30 loving useless transport vessels in there so I'm going with this.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Crazycryodude posted:

That seems like a horrible policy. Like, I get the flavor aspect, but really guys? You can't just, like, upgrade mosques, you have to gently caress us over for no reason?

For anyone who wasn't there: multiply this feeling by 1000 and then have a "gently caress yourself" button built into the game which people assholes POPULISTS :argh: keep making you press and then you have Crete :helladid:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Rodyle posted:

So for real though isn't Shia objectively better than Sunni gameplaywise?

Unless you're doing a "max cavalry power" build then yes.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I think it was probably the constant gigantic custom event rebel stacks that caused the problems actually. The AI isn't so bad that it can't beat a human player who also has to fight off 10 times their force limits in rebels every time the thread makes a bad decision.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Hashim posted:

Seriously? No, it was entirely the thread’s fault. Our army size was almost 90k and our force limit was 115k before all this went down (not to mention me having a hefty enough treasury), whilst the rebels were pretty much never larger than 50k, which I purposely did to ensure they would manageable unless something went very wrong. The thread going nuts was what did it, dragging us into the Internal Conflicts Disaster (which is vanilla), which fires an event that massively lowered our autonomy 3 or 4 times, which pretty much destroyed our force limit. To add to that, most rebel stacks are wiped out if you defeat them in one battle, so it would’ve been easy to crush them under normal circumstances.

This was absolutely the threads fault, for assuming that bankrupting the nation and rebelling against the government would fire the Revolution without any caveats.

I actually referring to the previous civil war which was when things started to get really hosed, perhaps it's the wrong perception from reading the LP but it seemed like that was when you started to have serious problems because it gave the AI time to catch up (and probably put you hugely behind the curve in terms of buildings, but again, it's impossible to tell just from a few screenshots). Though obviously getting tons of autonomy in all your provinces ruined everything and you're probably never supposed to actually chose that event option.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

There are no good votes or bad votes, simply votes that continue the ever-evolving narrative of goon LPs

All goon LP votes are bad, hth. Name me one of these LPs where goons didn't gently caress everything up royally.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

But with no pretensions of being representative of the population at large in any way. This is something more like the Dutch Republic, or arguably even the late Roman Republic.

I don't think any of the republics that existed during the EU period made any claims of representiveness, maybe Switzerland? I know virtually nothing about their internal politics.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

C

Also I love how Europe failed to contain the Revolution due to France absolutely insisting that it has to gently caress with us at every single opportunity.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Ralepozozaxe posted:

How did we undermine it at every turn, by converting what little land we could? That didn't screw us. By building mosques? that didn't screw us. How is this our fault. Besides, all of the "good friendly christians" we had under our wing took every chance to revolt or rebel when they could. Dont blame the noly faction to never hold power for our country being in poop, we did no wrong.

Unless you're expanding very fast and not getting gigantic amounts of WE it's very to avoid 90% of revolts in EU4, however one thing which is almost guaranteed to create revolts is converting high development provinces without having enough missionary power to make that process fast enough to beat the rebel timer. An active missionary is +6 RR, usually if you're going to commit to a conversion strategy you stack missionary strength bonuses so that this doesn't happen, but that's what happens when you're RPing / have a bunch of angry goons forcing you to take bad decisions V :shobon: V

NewMars posted:

You know, just once I'd like to see an LP without France in it. It just seems like a constant that is driven to always exist no matter how ahistorical the rest of the world gets. Gothlp doesn't count because there, we are France.

France isn't even that scary usually in EU any more, the France in this game is about the most aggressive I've seen in an EU game for absolutely ages, probably because it had a muslim Spain.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

paragon1 posted:

Nah I don't think anyone is trying to point at anyone else in the thread and go THIS IS YOUR FAULT WHY DID YOU RUIN THINGS ON PURPOSE!?!?

It's just a general post-mortem of "in retrospect, X caused Y to happen, which was bad".

At least that's how I see it. I hope no one has taken any of this as a personal attack.

It's actually very interesting to see how much harder it is to beat the AI with a few extra handicaps. I think it's a shame that the game mostly makes it quite easy to avoid getting meaningfully large obstacles thrown in your way other than the occasional sneaky AI alliance.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Rodyle posted:

Are... are we going to do march of the eagles?

Been awhile since we rolled that one out.

Has it happened even once since Azerbaijan?

It only really works if you have a bunch of completely insane European wars at the end of EU4 which you need to resolve, this has been a nearly perfect set up tbh.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

I'm the 2(?) province Italy

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Army size isn't bad, could definitely be worse!

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Jeoh posted:

Anatolian Republic?

:fap:

I was going to post this but I didn't want to look for the flag :effort:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

East Frisia survived the whole loving way to the Napoleonic era? :psyduck:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Top Hats Monthly posted:

10 year truce so they can rearm and storm through Andalusia again?

Tirunni is kind of getting hosed so a breather would probably help us more than the Moroccans tbh

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Can't wait for us to complete gently caress up the peace conference. :downsbravo:

It's fine, we just need the insane goon hive mind to choose the options which don't royally piss off everyone else :v:

Though if there's a "get cores on the whole peninsula but piss off half of Europe" option I'm going to vote for it because that poo poo is ours drat it.

Pacho posted:

Well, we did managed to break Morocco's global empire (wich wouldn't have happened if we had bowed out of the war sooner) and Tirruni is gonna get cut down to size sooo, maybe this is the best ending for us?

Turning on Tirruni earlier might have worked but I just kind of assumed that it would be inviting him to completely gently caress us up while ignoring everyone else. Look how pooped on Bavaria got.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

It really boils my piss that stupid strip of Moroccan territory is going to sit there for loving ages. Hopefully we get cores on it so we can use it to start a crisis in Victoria (and probably get pooped on in the ensuing war but poo poo happens)

Just so everyone knows in case we get to vote on poo poo: game-mechanics wise cores are really important in V2 so maintaining a claim to the full and rightful territory of Al-Andalus through the upcoming negotiations is most critical, moreso than actually gaining territory. If we get the option to obtain a small concession in exchange for renouncing our rights to other regions then it's very much a poisoned chalice.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

SlothfulCobra posted:

On the one hand, it may be a lot of work just to retain all the gains Andalus made in the last 15 years, but on the other hand, toward the "natural order" end of things, the Iberian peninsula was totally united 50 years ago. By all rights Aragon should just re-join the fold, especially if France tries to undo the last 50 years as well by taking back all of Occitania.

Yeah it's worth pointing out even beyond that you have to go back a long rear end way to get to a point where Al-Andalus didn't own the vast majority of Iberia with just the very northeastern most regions being in more of a state of flux between France and various petty christian kingdoms. I can see a Belgium-esque buffer state being set up along those lines (Navarra-Catalonia? Kingdom of the Pyrenees?) but it would seem really weird if we don't at least get back Valencia.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

B

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Soup du Jour posted:

B

Loath as I am to annoy France when they’re the faction we should be making friends with here, returning Italy to a mess of non-Italians ruling them is probably not a very good idea in the long run.

You realise that this is an incentive to vote A, right? Nationalist uprisings in Italy mean distractions for the other powers.

A for this reason and also it gives the biggest relations boosts with our immediate neighbours.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Morocco is the only major power which currently holds rightfully Andalusian territory, as if there wasn't already enough reasons to hate them.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Zikan posted:

I’m sure absolutely nothing will go wrong with the powers of central and Eastern Europe carelessly playing with all of the nations of the Balkans like a three year old plays with toys

It's nice that there isn't a "just make new states while not totally loving them over by randomly assigning territory to aggrieved existing states" option. Very historically appropriate.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

C and D are both good choices but the fact that Egypt is also a natural enemy of Morocco means that Egypt could also be a good ally for us, as well as better relations with Russia, so C

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

ManifunkDestiny posted:

Better to get something than nothing

Cores are something! A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

but if we are going to get cores by event later, it's not so big a deal - if we can start off with Northern Iberia under our control, with cores on Moroccan Iberia and the opportunity to gain cores on Catalonia later through event without infamy, that is a better starting position

Pretty sure he's talking about the cores which you naturally get via random events after researching state & nationalism or whatever it's called, which requires you to own the provinces already.